Type keyword(s) to search

Future Co-Hosts Talk and Speculation: Musical Chairs

mtlchick
  • Start Topic

I don't know @Morgalisa, unless Ro bought out all or a majority of Barbara's stake in the show I tend to doubt she was given as much control as some of the stories are speculating. Whoopi still retains the moderator title, and she's made it pretty clear she has little interest in any of the other production stuff as long as she keeps getting that paycheck. That said, I suspect Whoopi has much more input in the goings on behind the scenes than is publicly acknowledged. She's got a good gig and she knows it. It's in their interests to keep her happy, at least for one more season. I'm not worried about Whoopi.

• Love 2
(edited)

I was just at The View's website to get a look at Whoopi's pantaloons that everyone was talking about today and I saw THIS:

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/news/view-news/rosie-odonnell-returns-to-the-view

The View News
Rosie O'Donnell Returns!

By The View Jul 10, 2014

The View is excited to announce that Rosie O'Donnell will be returning as a co-host with moderator Whoopi Goldberg for Season 18.

ETA: The View's homepage says it was posted hours ago:

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view

Rosie O'Donnell Returns!
By The View Posted 6 hours ago

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 1

Persiaa, not to veer completely off-topic but what's Sunny's view on pot? (Just as an aside, I live in the Denver area and we got news footage of someone offering President Obama a joint while he was in a restaurant or bar here in town yesterday. It was kinda cute). Anyway, I'm wracking my brain trying to come up with a palatable young conservative voice and...I'm stumped. I know they exist, but FOX tends to ignore them in favor of Palin, Coulter, Bachmann and lunatics of that ilk.

I hope y'all don't mind me answering. Sunny is against legalizing pot, she says it is a gateway drug and will damage our country. Her reasoning really wasn't valid in my opinion but that is why we share them I guess

• Love 1
(edited)

Thank you, Roger! Hopefully the new panel will be allowed to really debate subjects like pot legalization, vaccines and immigration and be intellectually capable of doing so. Leave the fluff to that dolt Kelly Ripa and the hate-mongering to Elisabeth and give us viewers subject matter to ponder and digest. Like it used to be.

ETA: Thanks, Ginger!

Edited by Milk-Eyed Mender
  • Love 2
If I were in Whoopi's position and someone new came in and practically took over the show and was allowed to call the shots in regards to salary, co-hosts, firing the showrunner ?, and whatever else that she is rumored to be getting, I would be a little pissed. 

If someone were paying me millions of dollars to talk for an hour a day, I wouldn't care who my co-host was and what her position would be. Just keep those dollars coming my way while I sit around and make faces :-)

• Love 5
(edited)

I just wish television and radio producers could trust us to see the colors between black and white.  Most people I know are not down the line liberal or conservative.  We may fall, for instance, on one side for social issues and another for fiscal one and personally I just have to say, "I don't know enough to form an intelligent opinion; tell me more" on other topics.  Just because it's owned by Disney doesn't mean the hosts have to be cartoons.

Edited by Qoass
  • Love 10
(edited)

From Donald Trump: Rosie is crude, rude, obnoxious and dumb - other than that I like her very much!

ETA, he said more:  Rosie is back on the View which tells you how desperate they must be. It is the standard short term fix and long term disaster.

Edited by fl2dc
  • Love 2

Donald Trump hates anyone that doesn't kiss his arse.  He's a tasteless, useless oaf.  I was delighted when he got sued over his "University" self-promotion crap.  I hate it when Mika on Morning Joe smooches his butt constantly.  Speaking of which, Thomas Roberts is sure having fun with all of this on Way Too Early, chuckles, Louis suggested that he should go for one of the co-host positions.  It was all snark, of course.

• Love 5
(edited)

Donald Trump hates anyone that doesn't kiss his arse. He's a tasteless, useless oaf. I was delighted when he got sued over his "University" self-promotion crap. I hate it when Mika on Morning Joe smooches his butt constantly. Speaking of which, Thomas Roberts is sure having fun with all of this on Way Too Early, chuckles, Louis suggested that he should go for one of the co-host positions. It was all snark, of course.

He's also the poster boy for racism under cover of conservatism. I'll never forget his disgusting attempts to humiliate, degrade and destroy President Obama. Hell, he was the keeper of the "Obama is a foreign-born Muslim * sympathizer * flame," the effects of which can still be seen today in Congress, on FOX News and online. I hope Rosie wears Trump's hatred for her as a badge of honor. I'd be polishing that badge to a high gloss every damned day if it were me.

Edited by Milk-Eyed Mender
  • Love 8

I just wish television and radio producers could trust us to see the colors between black and white.  Most people I know are not down the line liberal or conservative.  We may fall, for instance, on one side for social issues and another for fiscal one and personally I just have to say, "I don't know enough to form an intelligent opinion; tell me more" on other topics.  Just because it's owned by Disney doesn't mean the hosts have to be cartoons.

I so agree. To begin with the assumption that some people bleed red and some people bleed blue is to end with a very shallow plan for good discussion. The original idea of all women of different ages and somewhat different professions (though all in show business) should suffice. Then conversations can be nuanced. Then I would watch again. In fact, I'd watch darn near any nuanced discussion. 

• Love 1

From Donald Trump: Rosie is crude, rude, obnoxious and dumb - other than that I like her very much!

ETA, he said more:  Rosie is back on the View which tells you how desperate they must be. It is the standard short term fix and long term disaster.

Sounds like he is describing himself!

• Love 3

Speaking of Dump Truck (TM Rosie), we know he's just dying to be invited back on the show next season so he can make headlines:

Rosie O’Donnell’s return to ‘The View’ has Donald Trump gearing up for another on-air face-off

Donald Trump has changed his point of “View” on nemesis Rosie O’Donnell. Well, sort of.

Following news that the former co-host will be returning to the ABC daytime talk show, the “Apprentice” host tells Confidenti@l that the network made a “great move” in hiring O’Donnell back for the upcoming 18th season.

“I think it’s a good move on ABC’s part,” he said Thursday. “It’ll have a short term positive effect. The show has really missed not having Barbara (Walters) on it. With that said, it’ll have a short term positive impact, but then you have the long term. Rosie always self-destructs.”

The Donald said O’Donnell must have a great team working for her to keep landing on her feet – then went on to repeat his well-known dislike for the opinionated host.

“I think she’s got a great agent – anyone with so many failures that can go back again and again is amazing to me,” he told us. “It’s very sad after the catastrophe that took place when she quit after she was mentally beaten up by Elisabeth (Hasselbeck). Her show on OWN was a catastrophe, Barbara (Walters) hates her.”

O’Donnell famously left the popular program in 2007 shortly after an on-air quarrel with Hasselbeck over the Iraq war.

Trump said he’s expecting a call from ABC any day now with an invitation to return to the program to duke it out with O’Donnell, a scenario he would be open to accepting.

“I love Whoopi (Goldberg), who is still on, and I would go on (as a guest),” he told us.

“Barbara is a dear friend and I just did the show last week. It wouldn’t bother me. In fact, it would be the hottest show of the week. I’m the first one they’ll think of.”

• Love 1

Trump always opens his strange looking looking oral mouth when it serves himself for any thing for AN UPCOMING PUBLICITY STUNT.

Beware everyone....the DUMPTRUCK feels he has been too long with out any public recognition.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'll bet Donald is beating himself up because Elizabeth used The View cohost news to get publicity and generate controversy before him. He was a day late on talking about The View so his ability to generate publicity for himself by making preposterous comments and self agrandizing statements is getting rusty! Guess he's getting old and slowing down a bit. I wonder if The View can avoid making any comments or having guests that have anything to do with any future Apprentice show that Donald might do? Fingers crossed they can - would love that...of course he'd speak up to get publicity making a big deal about the show NOT doing apprentice related stuff.

P.S. His most humorous comment was saying Elizabeth "mentally beat up" Rosie....wow!

Edited by CathInAZ
  • Love 5
(edited)

Trump always opens his strange looking looking oral mouth when it serves himself for any thing for AN UPCOMING PUBLICITY STUNT.

Beware everyone....the DUMPTRUCK feels he has been too long with out any public recognition.

Dump Truck filmed another season of Celebrity Apprentice this spring with a bunch of reality show losers. It's supposedly going to air in the fall. So, I predict that once it has a premiere date, he'll get his ass booked on The View to promote it and he'll deliberately stir up crap with Rosie just to get lots of press, get picked up on all the entertainment news shows, and get lots of publicity for the season premiere.

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 1

CNN’s S.E. Cupp being considered for ‘The View’ co-host job after ouster of Jenny McCarthy, Sherri Shepherd

The 35-year-old conservative journalist currently is on ‘Crossfire,’ joining CNN a year ago after a stint co-hosting MSNBC’s ‘The Cycle.’
BY RICH SCHAPIRO  NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Friday, July 11, 2014, 1:14 PM

CNN “Crossfire” co-host S.E. Cupp is in talks to join ABC’s “The View,” the Daily News has learned.

The 35-year-old conservative journalist is considered a media star, juggling newspaper columns with TV gigs.

A regular columnist at the Daily News, Cupp joined CNN in June 2013 after a stint co-hosting MSNBC’s “The Cycle.”

Word of the talks comes weeks after the popular show canned current co-hosts Jenny McCarthy and Sherri Shepherd, who are slated to leave in August.

The TV gabfest has been marked by upheaval in recent months. Founding co-host Barbara Walters left in May upon announcing her retirement.

The upcoming lineup now includes Whoopi Goldberg and Rosie O’Donnell, who is returning to the show after seven years.

Cupp is reportedly not the only TV personality being eyed to provide a conservative viewpoint.

Meghan McCain, the daughter of Sen. John McCain, will guest co-host next week and is being considered as a permanent co-host, according to The Wrap.

A show spokeswoman declined to comment. But a source told The News that “a variety of people are being considered at this point.”

• Love 3

I've only seen Sippy Cupp on Bill Maher's show.  I don't watch it but my son does, so sometimes I catch snippets.  It was fun to see him outsmart (trick?) her when she seems  so self-assured and self-satisfied. 

• Love 2

P.S. His most humorous comment was saying Elizabeth "mentally beat up" Rosie....wow!

HA!  Let's not forget that it was Trump who once called Bitsy "the dumbest person on TV".  Now that she's a Foxbot, she can do no wrong in Trump's eyes.  Hypocrite.

• Love 4

You can forget about any useful dialogue if Sippy Cupp gets added to The View. She is incredibly uninformed and would screech over her co-hosts on The Cycle. She is basically a brunette Elizabeth. She repeats rightwing talking points and is unable to think on her own. And she thinks she is hot stuff. She is constantly preening on camera.

• Love 4

You can forget about any useful dialogue if Sippy Cupp gets added to The View. She is incredibly uninformed and would screech over her co-hosts on The Cycle. She is basically a brunette Elizabeth. She repeats rightwing talking points and is unable to think on her own. And she thinks she is hot stuff. She is constantly preening on camera.

The View loves these personalities!

• Love 3

Noooooooo Sippy Cup!

I said it before.  I didn't even KNOW other people refer to her as "Sippy Cup" but guessed it from the ridiculous arrangement of letters forming her "stage name" (or whatever you call that for media personalities who are pundits and not actors).  But I refuse to take anyone seriously who can be referred to as "Sippy Cup".  

• Love 4
(edited)

Dag gummit, look what I conjured up. :(

My sincere apologies to the group.

I'm not sure if she's been on Real Time once or twice, but I'll never forget the one time that my guy and I were in a fancy hotel that actually had a television in the bathroom overlooking the hot tub.  He was so busy hollering at her that it seriously took the romance out of the evening, snerk.  And he's a fiscal conservative!  

So I'm getting my pom poms out and shouting Abby, Abby, Abby!

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 1

HA!  Let's not forget that it was Trump who once called Bitsy "the dumbest person on TV".  Now that she's a Foxbot, she can do no wrong in Trump's eyes.  Hypocrite.

Just another Right winger who doesnt' believe his own thoughts

• Love 2
(edited)

She works for Glenn Beck and TheBlaze. That's all you really need to know about S.E. Cupp. Blech!

I cannot fathom a more embarrassing reference. I had to google her and knowing she comes from the Christianity Is Under Attack! school ( but as a self-declared atheist which I assume is intended to lend her a veneer of objectivity) I already can't take her seriously. Enough already of the far right and its tireless attempts to drag us back into the Dark Ages. Edited by Milk-Eyed Mender
  • Love 7
(edited)

Never heard of this S E Cupp person. But I enjoy a balanced, informed and spirited discussion. I would welcome any cohost who does not have a skreechy (sp?) voice, does her research and homework, is informed and has a professional demeanor. At this point I really think someone with a legal or news background would be a great addition. Fingers crossed.

Edited by CathInAZ
  • Love 2

I'm trying to imagine why the producers of The View would want to go out of their way to hire someone so unappealing.

I assume they hope to recreate Rosie/Elisabeth fireworks. The question is: who will do more damage politically, Rosie or Sippy? As much as I love Rosie, she can alienate with the best of them, so I can only hope SE Cupp the Colossal Idiot will alienate even more.

• Love 1

I assume they hope to recreate Rosie/Elisabeth fireworks. The question is: who will do more damage politically, Rosie or Sippy? As much as I love Rosie, she can alienate with the best of them, so I can only hope SE Cupp the Colossal Idiot will alienate even more.

SE Cupp was not someone I knew. I was interested to learn she is an atheist. And Rosie is Catholic. Interesting. 

• Love 1
Sippy will need sippy cups in the near future as she is expecting a boy in December-

If Geddie is still there, what would he LOVE more...than a pretty right-wing wacky who's PREGNANT and willing to spar with Rosie?  Oh...I know, she should be blonde.

• Love 4

I'm trying to imagine why the producers of The View would want to go out of their way to hire someone so unappealing. 

She seems to be universally disliked by liberals and conservatives. I can't imagine what they are thinking in adding her.  Her Q-score has to be worse than Sherri's and Jenni's.

• Love 4
(edited)

I know, right?  I'd say it's because this has been standard procedure for the last few years. Probably the same reasons they are known for being so rude to their guests.   It's why they kept Bitsy and Sherri as long as they did, it's how Jenny McCarthy got hired if you ask me.

But, I don't think Sweaty Geddie is doing much hiring or firing these days.  We know it wasn't his decision to get rid of Bitsy.  He certainly didn't decide it was time for Babs to retire- or did he? Muhahahaha   If he was behind Sherri or Jenny's firings he forgot to tell Babs who either didn't seem to know about it or was extra cruel when she told them they would absolutely be back next season.  Hee

And I'd bet anything he didn't decide to hire Rosie.   Nope, these smell like network decisions.  I thought I read ABC Daytime had a new boss, maybe she caught a couple episodes of this show and thought it was as big of a mess as I do. 

She seems to be universally disliked by liberals and conservatives. I can't imagine what they are thinking in adding her.  Her Q-score has to be worse than Sherri's and Jenni's.

@pivot I don't think she has been added - we are just speculating. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

Considering she was talking to Chelsea Handler, I thought the conversation was okay. She admitted to feeling anxious around little people. It just sounds like she hasn't interacted with very many little people. She used the word phobia and fear but said it was really anxiety.

• Love 3

Considering she was talking to Chelsea Handler, I thought the conversation was okay. She admitted to feeling anxious around little people. It just sounds like she hasn't interacted with very many little people. She used the word phobia and fear but said it was really anxiety.

I don't totally disagree with this. It just made me uncomfortable that she brought it up. I really cannot stomach Chelsea Handler so that would be a factor for me, I admit. It's just that I began to mentally insert other groups of people into what she said about little people -- groups about which I think (or would hope) she would be too sensitive to speak in that way about. Perhaps it is also because I taught teenagers with disabilities and I so often heard much the same about people who were deaf or had cerebral palsy. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I agree about Chelsea, mbutterfly. I was more offended by what she said about little people. I think Rosie has always been sensitive to those with special needs though. When I worked with adults with disabilities I also heard remarks but they were usually much more harsh and hateful.

Edited by Dissy
  • Love 1

Rosie was being HONEST in expressing she is uncomfortable around little people. I appreciate the honesty and would rather have that than a smiling, simpering person who is not genuine. That being said, blatant honesty often gets people in trouble on TV!

• Love 6

Rosie addressed this after it happened.  Old "news" now to me, but it is just one more thing to pull out of Rosie's life to diss her about.

Rosie is not, nor should be, immune from criticism.  That said, I agree she seemed like she was simply trying to be honest. 

Then again, I imagine if someone had said almost the identical thing but about black people ("I feel uncomfortable around black people"), regardless of how reasoned out what they said seemed, they'd be slammed from here into next week over it.

So this is a hard one.  The feelings seem genuine, but if you move the context just a tiny bit...

• Love 3

It seemed like she was trying to say that she wouldn't know how to interact with them because her half of her mind thought "kid" and the other half thought "no, adult". So she knew that she wasn't supposed to treat them like a kid (which is more than what I can for Chelsea by that clip) but that she was nervous to be around them cos she didn't want to accidentally treat them like a child. I believe that was the problem that the Webster actor Emmanuel Lewis used to have is that people used to treat him like a 5 year old (pick him up in their arms) even though he was a teenager. But it did seem like Rosie was afraid to be around them because she was afraid she wouldn''t be able to treat them like adults. At least that is what I got out of the clip.

I agree with Dissy that Chelsea's comments seemed more offensive than Rosie's.

• Love 2