Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E18: Mom's the Word

• Start Topic

Robyn and Juan make a grand gesture to solidify their relationship; Candiace begins making financial strides; Karen finally reveals her La Dame perfume with an extravagant soirée; after taking a pregnancy test, a fearful Ashley visits her doctor.

Airs September 8, 2019.

Did I hear that right?  Candy decides she's going to  'grown up'  and pay the whole mortgage?  An extra $1200. a month??  What?  So she and Chris were only paying only $1200.?  Big woop de doo.  And momma must have put down a huge down payment for the mortgage to only be $2400. a month (and I assume that includes property taxes).    They're getting off cheap.

I also think momma make it quite clear off camera to Candy that just because she is paying the mortgage does not mean that Candy 'owns' the home.

A tat isn't going to stop Juan from cheating.

Gizelle's new house is ugly.

I like Monique and her family.  Her chastising the kids with the baby was 'real'.

Let's see how long Karen's fragrance lasts....

Katie has problems.  I hope they don't bring her back.  It's just too disturbing to watch.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Did I hear that right?  Candy decides she's going to  'grown up'  and pay the whole mortgage?  An extra $1200. a month??  What?  So she and Chris were only paying only $1200.?  Big woop de doo.  And momma must have put down a huge down payment for the mortgage to only be $2400. a month (and I assume that includes property taxes).    They're getting off cheap.

She previously said that they were each paying a third.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She previously said that they were each paying a third.

I don't know if that's true but if it is it's still cheap for what they have in the DMV.  And I don't believe for a moment momma signed over the house to them.

• Love 8

Well didn't Dorothy call Candiace a bitch before Karen's party?  Who does that?

Kickback was the least excited dad-to-be I've seen on TV.

Juan didn't want little heart tattoos.  What grown man is trying to get little heart tattoos?

I feel like Katie probably did more at the party than just make an entrance but it was edited out.

If they were saying La Dame smelled like old lady, that means La Dama probably is a very heavy floral scent.

I liked how they did the updates, right up to July (Ashley's baby).

If Robyn made a 36K profit after all the work she put into it and not getting a full price offer, that place must have been super dirt cheap.  Although I have seen listings in Baltimore City for as low at $15,000.

• Love 9

Well, at least Katie had a better wig...

This is the first time I watched the entire season of Potomac so I'm not as familiar with Robyn and Juan, but I'd rather wear a cheap ring instead of that unfortunate looking tattoo, and this is from someone who has the "Chinese symbol for courage" and 5 others tattoos. Is Juan still cheating? That seemed more like a punishment than a commitment of unconditional love. 

I despise Ashley but seeing her so happy about the baby was nice, Michael on the other hand seemed just "pleased", like "I'm glad so I won't have to have sex with Ashley", that kind of pleased. He looks more excited to greet Juan than having a child. 

I want to root for Candiace but she makes it nearly impossible, I get that her mother mistreats her and in some cases I can see some sort of abuse, but girl, you are married now and you receive a paycheck from the show, why not save all that money plus what Chris makes as a chef(?) and pay for the house? I understand it must be difficult to break the chain, but she's an adult now and it looks like she does have a support system. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

still cheap at $3600.  If that building we see the exterior of is all their living space, there's a hefty down payment on that property. 

It’s not it’s a building with multiple units.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The recap said their relationship has gotten worse and that they only communicate through Chris.

relationship probably got worse because Candice thought that by paying her mom's share of the mortgage, mom would give her the house.  that's not how it works Candy, its not how any of this works

• LOL 4
  • Love 13

Beaky Buzzard’s ‘commitment tattoo’ reminds me of when we project heathen girls used to write on the school walls:

Vixen + Stud = Success

Y’know, dumb shit….any moron can get a tattoo, Juan the cheap bastard needs to put a ring on it and Beaky needs to stop collecting emotional crumbs from this man who obviously doesn’t give a bluedilly fuck about her! 

Karen’s La’Dame’s Event

Goldfinger.jpg.78283dd33171ca3b9a1accfa9127f0fe.jpg

What the Goldfinger was up with those models? 

Did some research about the fragrance and while the scents read nice, I'm more of a patchouli/woodsy gal so I'd likely pass.

As for Gizzard and Ashley's smartassed remarks?  See, that's why a bitch don't fuck with ya'll or share things, always gotta bring the shade!

Kaite, I didn't need to know that you were funkdefied at the event....couldn't use a couple of Summer's Eve wipes?!

I was happy for Ashley as she shared her news with her mom.

Makes no sense for Chris to enable Candiace/Dorothy....if they want to talk, make them, don't be the in-between for that drama.

Next week's reunion....

Why was Chris dressed like Langley Wallingford?  An ascot dude, really?

Cain't wait for the fireworks.

Edited by Vixenstud
  • LOL 9
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I also think momma make it quite clear off camera to Candy that just because she is paying the mortgage does not mean that Candy 'owns' the home.

A tat isn't going to stop Juan from cheating.

Gizelle's new house is ugly.

I like Monique and her family.  Her chastising the kids with the baby was 'real'.

Let's see how long Karen's fragrance lasts....

Katie has problems.  I hope they don't bring her back.  It's just too disturbing to watch.

Lord, can you imagine the nasty things G would say about anyone else owning that type of house? I’m glad that she is doing well, though.

12 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I could easily have lived the rest of my life without ever hearing that Ashley was having pain while masturbating.

I could have lived the rest of my life happily without seeing pant less Robyn.

11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I think it’s hysterical that Candiace seems to think that paying this extra $1,200 a month is going to change her relationship with her mother!

11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The recap said their relationship has gotten worse and that they only communicate through Chris.

34 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

relationship probably got worse because Candice thought that by paying her mom's share of the mortgage, mom would give her the house.  that's not how it works Candy, its not how any of this works

Candiass really is one spoiled bitch. I really think she expects her mother to turn over the house because she and brown dick covered a couple of mortgages. Candiass throwing shad on her mother for being fifty. What the hell has Candiass done by age thirty except win a shitty ass title that everyone makes fun of.

Dorothy, you need to work on yourself and make some friends. Your daughter looks at you like an ATM and does not give a shit about you, though you probably trained her to be like that.

I have a feeling this season would not have happened if not for the Michael scandal and that is why it seemed so half assed.

These ladies better bring it on the reunion, otherwise Candiass is going to really have to kiss her mother’s behind to make those payments.

• Love 11

That reunion clip?!?!

tenor.gif

Gizelle is such a hating ass bitch. Why the emphasis on Karen having investors, like that is a bad thing. Doesn't Gizelle have investors? She didn't do it all by herself with alimony and Bravo money. So damn petty for no reason. 

For a man that cried about their miscarriage at the last reunion, Kangaroo Jack's reaction to the baby news was awfully sedate and subdued. I swear he was muttering internally in Kanye:

"Eighteen years, eighteen years
She got one of your kids, got you for eighteen years                                                            His baby mama car and crib is bigger than his
You will see him on TV any given Sunday
Win the Super Bowl and drive off in a Hyundai
She was supposed to buy your shorty Tyco with your money
She went to the doctor, got lipo with your money
She walkin' around lookin' like Michael with your money
Shoulda got that insured, Geico for your money
If you ain't no punk
Holla, "We want prenup! We want prenup!" (Yeah!)
It's somethin' that you need to have
'Cause when she leave yo' ass, she gon' leave with half
Eighteen years, eighteen years
And on the 18th birthday he found out it wasn't his?!"

The Darby penthouse is just ugly, cluttered and confusing! 

I was unimpressed with Gizelle's reno so far. The kitchen looked ok but kinda basic, but than again what do I expect from Gizelle based on her style. 

12 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I could easily have lived the rest of my life without ever hearing that Ashley was having pain while masturbating.

After cleaning up so well, getting a good wig (finally) and looking like her former model self, I really could've done without Katie saying she hadn't bathed that day and wasn't wearing deodorant. 

For all her faults, Candiace really is a pretty girl and her figure is GOALS! She looked amazing in that leopard catsuit at the La Dame reveal. Not my personal style but she got bawdy!! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
51 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Next week's reunion....

Cain't wait for the fireworks.

If you don't mind I need my job 😂 I'm more mad at myself for know who Langley Wallingford is

13 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

For all her faults, Candiace really is a pretty girl and her figure is GOALS! She looked amazing in that leopard catsuit at the La Dame reveal. Not my personal style but she got bawdy!! 

Candiace is a "lewk." I think her and Monique are the prettiest among them. I think they are all beautiful even though they don't have the personalities to match.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

LAWD! Forgot about that, between that and Katie coming in all funked up I almost upchucked my pasta.

7 minutes ago, Boofish said:

If you don't mind I need my job 😂 I'm more mad at myself for know who Langley Wallingford is

Heh-Heh-Heh, you know you remember.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

when Candiace was looking at her spreadsheet and she was talking to herself she said something like "cool, it has so and so in here too".  Then when her hubby comes in she said she designed the sheet.  I think her mother sent her that budget,.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

when Candiace was looking at her spreadsheet and she was talking to herself she said something like "cool, it has so and so in here too".  Then when her hubby comes in she said she designed the sheet.  I think her mother sent her that budget,.  

It looks like one of the exports you can get from a budgeting app that automatically goes through your bank and credit card statements and divides it into different categories so I think she was just commenting on how thorough it was.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It looks like one of the exports you can get from a budgeting app that automatically goes through your bank and credit card statements and divides it into different categories so I think she was just commenting on how thorough it was.

yeah - you're right.  Make more sense than what I said.  

4 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Next week's reunion....

Oh my gosh, I love this visual reference.  Oh dear, Langley Wallingford - just needs a Phoebe and he is all set!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

What the Goldfinger was up with those models? 

So funny! Watching those models, I was thinking, "Uh-oh, they didn't leave a bare patch on their spines!  They're both going to die!"  I swear I grew up believing that was true after seeing Goldfinger.  (It isn't.)

5 hours ago, charliesan said:

I despise Ashley but seeing her so happy about the baby was nice,

Both she and her mother were ecstatic.  I was imagining a thought balloon as they were hugging and squealing:  "Yay!  We're bankrolled for the next eighteen years!"

4 hours ago, bosawks said:

I wonder if Michael spelled out "I'm doomed" on his stomach after he did Ashley's stomach...

He looked over the moon, didn't he?  Remember that old short story "The Lady or the Tiger"?  Michael had the eyes of the man who's just opened the door with the tiger behind it.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Boofish said:

Karen should have told Gizelle La'Dame (hate the name btw) was mixed with the scent of true friends, marriage, minding your own business and toned legs and that's why she don't like the smell.

basketball wives lol GIF by VH1

Don't forget that it will be in "a" department store in the spring.  LMAO!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Had to laugh at Ashley telling everyone how she was so thirsty she had to drink water.  Yes, water if you didnt hear the first time.  And she's so hungry.  Oh, and thirsty for water.  Must have been killing her that it took so long for someone to ask her if she was pregnant...

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

Giz is a hater, she needs Karen to tell her yes I have investors for my product, we cant all have the lord tithes building our businesses.

I mean does Giz have any job since being the former 1st lady of whatever church. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

What a disappointing season.  Monique has been my favorite as I loved her husband as a career Redskin player.  She’s very beautiful and upfront.  I don’t like Gizelle’s new house at all.  I noticed that Candy’s mom seemed to really hit it off with the other people at Karen’s event.  I think she is very tired of her unemployed and very spoiled daughter.  The Darby’s apartment is horrible.....ole Michael was chugging that beer.  Robin and Gizelle look so chunky to me on the show, but they looked great in their swimsuits.  It confuses me.  Oh, and WTF was Ashley wearing at the reunion?

• Love 5

Gizelle is so needlessly petty. She's going to make all these little digs, Karen's going to watch the show and see them, and next season Karen is going to want nothing to do with Gizelle, AGAIN, and Gizelle is going to pretend to be clueless, just can't figure out why Karen keeps things from her . . . 

Michael's reaction in the doctor's office was so odd. I'm going to give him a pass on being weird at the yoga scene because that was weird.

Monique is my favorite. I think she is the realest of the Potomac housewives.

Also, I think Candiace's mom is absolutely terrible. Calling her daughter a bitch for . . . what? Tying her own dress? And then getting food at the event, she made some comment about Candiace then, too. She can't help herself. Poor Chris. They need to completely cut ties with Candiace's mom. Pick an affordable house, make your payments and use your budgeting app, and just live your best life without your terrible narcissistic mom breathing down your neck.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Anonysaurus said:

Gizelle is so needlessly petty. She's going to make all these little digs, Karen's going to watch the show and see them, and next season Karen is going to want nothing to do with Gizelle, AGAIN, and Gizelle is going to pretend to be clueless, just can't figure out why Karen keeps things from her . . . 

Michael's reaction in the doctor's office was so odd. I'm going to give him a pass on being weird at the yoga scene because that was weird.

Monique is my favorite. I think she is the realest of the Potomac housewives.

Also, I think Candiace's mom is absolutely terrible. Calling her daughter a bitch for . . . what? Tying her own dress? And then getting food at the event, she made some comment about Candiace then, too. She can't help herself. Poor Chris. They need to completely cut ties with Candiace's mom. Pick an affordable house, make your payments and use your budgeting app, and just live your best life without your terrible narcissistic mom breathing down your neck.

I heard Candiace’s mom ask Monique and Candiace if they wanted food.  Monique said yes, and Candiace said no, she and Chris were eating later.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Crap, I need on of those apps but I'd like to set it to ignore anything that says Amazon, lol.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The tatoo parlor that Robin and Juan went to is about 6 min. from my office and a few blocks away from the best Indian food/pizzaria ever!  

You can always go during lunch and get a tiny interlocking heart tattoo on your finger! It helps if you bring a significant other that would rather get a tattoo than actually commit. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Anonysaurus said:

They need to completely cut ties with Candiace's mom. Pick an affordable house, make your payments and use your budgeting app, and just live your best life without your terrible narcissistic mom breathing down your neck.

Unfortunately I think Candiace feeds off of this type of relationship, deep down she thrives whenever she gets insulted, receiving her mother's money is her "salary" for being abused. I think her mother enjoys her too...  

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Word on the street is Gizelle has been spotted boo'd up with Jamal.  Remember, the update said Gizelle had rekindled with an unexpected ex...

Karen had a pop up event at Bloomingdales for La Dame but I don't see that it's being sold at Bloomingdales.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Karen had a pop up event at Bloomingdales for La Dame but I don't see that it's being sold at Bloomingdales.

Well, she did say that it would be in a department store, not sold by a department store, so......success?

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, TV Glotzer said:

Why is there an errant apostrophe in “La’Dame”???? Does that make it klassy? These people are such imposters. 

I noticed that too.  I think you're right, Klassy with a K!  

I just went to the perfume website, the the 1/3 ounce purse size is sold out.  It was $30.  Did anyone here buy it?  I'm curious to the smell.