Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E18: Mom's the Word

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Word on the street is Gizelle has been spotted boo'd up with Jamal.  Remember, the update said Gizelle had rekindled with an unexpected ex...

Is word on the steer Dave’s Chappelle’s Netflix special because they were in the front row of that taping together which was filmed a few months ago.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:54 PM, breezy424 said:

I also think momma make it quite clear off camera to Candy that just because she is paying the mortgage does not mean that Candy 'owns' the home.

I was shouting that at the TV!

What will she do when the property taxes are due or the roof needs fixing or the HVAC system goes up? 

She has no equity in that house and her name is nowhere on paperwork, maybe her mother will one day decide that she wants to sell it but not to Candiace and Chris.

Gizzelle's house has no curb appeal.

Good to know that Robin sold her flip, wonder how much she made on the deal.

5 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I do hope they have another season.  

Did we notice how few posts there are, only two pages so far and that was the finale!

• Love 3
On 9/8/2019 at 10:54 PM, breezy424 said:

Did I hear that right?  Candy decides she's going to  'grown up'  and pay the whole mortgage?  An extra $1200. a month??  What?  So she and Chris were only paying only $1200.?  Big woop de doo.  And momma must have put down a huge down payment for the mortgage to only be $2400. a month (and I assume that includes property taxes).    They're getting off cheap.

I also think momma make it quite clear off camera to Candy that just because she is paying the mortgage does not mean that Candy 'owns' the home.

A tat isn't going to stop Juan from cheating.

Gizelle's new house is ugly.

I like Monique and her family.  Her chastising the kids with the baby was 'real'.

Let's see how long Karen's fragrance lasts....

Katie has problems.  I hope they don't bring her back.  It's just too disturbing to watch.

Guuuuurl!! A ring ain't finna stop Juan from cheating.  

image.png.02f998e9ef3557865d9e183d45bc4668.png

On 9/9/2019 at 12:05 PM, islandgal140 said:

That reunion clip?!?!

tenor.gif

Gizelle is such a hating ass bitch. Why the emphasis on Karen having investors, like that is a bad thing. Doesn't Gizelle have investors? She didn't do it all by herself with alimony and Bravo money. So damn petty for no reason. 

For a man that cried about their miscarriage at the last reunion, Kangaroo Jack's reaction to the baby news was awfully sedate and subdued. I swear he was muttering internally in Kanye:

"Eighteen years, eighteen years
She got one of your kids, got you for eighteen years                                                            His baby mama car and crib is bigger than his
You will see him on TV any given Sunday
Win the Super Bowl and drive off in a Hyundai
She was supposed to buy your shorty Tyco with your money
She went to the doctor, got lipo with your money
She walkin' around lookin' like Michael with your money
Shoulda got that insured, Geico for your money
If you ain't no punk
Holla, "We want prenup! We want prenup!" (Yeah!)
It's somethin' that you need to have
'Cause when she leave yo' ass, she gon' leave with half
Eighteen years, eighteen years
And on the 18th birthday he found out it wasn't his?!"

The Darby penthouse is just ugly, cluttered and confusing! 

I was unimpressed with Gizelle's reno so far. The kitchen looked ok but kinda basic, but than again what do I expect from Gizelle based on her style. 

After cleaning up so well, getting a good wig (finally) and looking like her former model self, I really could've done without Katie saying she hadn't bathed that day and wasn't wearing deodorant. 

For all her faults, Candiace really is a pretty girl and her figure is GOALS! She looked amazing in that leopard catsuit at the La Dame reveal. Not my personal style but she got bawdy!! 

{{shoulderbounce}} I ain't saying she a goldigger...........

On 9/9/2019 at 12:08 PM, Boofish said:

Karen should have told Gizelle La'Dame (hate the name btw) was mixed with the scent of true friends, marriage, minding your own business and toned legs and that's why she don't like the smell.

{{consultsO.R.wallclock}} Time of death 4:03 p.m. 

9 hours ago, TV Glotzer said:

Why is there an errant apostrophe in “La’Dame”???? Does that make it klassy? These people are such imposters. 

Yes darling.  Put a La and an apostrophe in front of an already french muffucin word and it's in an entirely different la'classe.   I should probably admit that unless we're talking about possessive pronouns I have extreme apostrophe bias.  I should see if that's like a treatable condition.

On 9/9/2019 at 2:19 PM, Vixenstud said:

1981706198_LangleyWallingford.jpg.443f1b488d05e0a9b5ae1e7094c4ce90.jpg

There he is, old Langley!  (RIP Louis Edmonds)

Mother!! come through and let. us. have. it!!  Yassssss bish, #TheCarriage!!!

I lightweight hate Agnes Nixon for the indignit'aay of marrying him off to a woman lol.  

18 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I heard Candiace’s mom ask Monique and Candiace if they wanted food.  Monique said yes, and Candiace said no, she and Chris were eating later.

then Candiace tasted something from her mother's plate and Dr. PassiveAgressiveEatabaga'dix said oh you'll just eat my food, oh ok.  

If there is ever to be an indication of instability, it is the moment a woman announces, with some measure of pride, that she hasn't bathed in more than 24 hours.  Necro this is not a Kurt Cobain reunion, go wash ya ass.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Rewatching it now. Michael did not look happy at any point finding out that she was in fact pregnant and getting the due date. He looked trapped like he wanted to be anywhere but in that room hearing that news. 

I saw the same scene and saw him welled up with tears.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Rewatching it now. Michael did not look happy at any point finding out that she was in fact pregnant and getting the due date. He looked trapped like he wanted to be anywhere but in that room hearing that news. 

He NEEDED that beer!!! 😂

Their apartment is so boring and messy.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

He NEEDED that beer!!! 😂

Their apartment is so boring and messy.

I bet their story line next season includes house hunting...that condo is not big enough for a baby and all the equipment that goes along with it.

What could be in all those boxes? Do they have a side business like Amway? LOL.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

{{shoulderbounce}} I ain't saying she a goldigger...........

But she ain't messin' wit no broke, broke, broke!  Yeah, had to put that on blast once everyone left the office lol.

Betcha Michael was wistfully thinkin' of Juan and what should have been as he was slobbin' down that beer.

52 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

If there is ever to be an indication of instability, it is the moment a woman announces, with some measure of pride, that she hasn't bathed in more than 24 hours.  Necro this is not a Kurt Cobain reunion, go wash ya ass.  

Okay, now I almost choked on my gum!  Are you....tryin' to kill me?!

LOL at Alexander Rodgers and his assessment of the eppy; his 'Katie, what the FUNK?!' had me cracking up.

Edited by Vixenstud
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Tears? He looked like a trapped dog eyes darting dry mouth 

Yep, to me his eyes were filled with tears. I don’t like either of him but I didnt see the same thing that you did and thought he was overwhelmed.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

But she ain't messin' wit no broke, broke, broke!  Yeah, had to put that on blast once everyone left the office lol.

Betcha Michael was wistfully thinkin' of Juan and what should have been as he was slobbin' down that beer.

Okay, now I almost choked on my gum!  Are you....tryin' to kill me?!

LOL at Alexander Rodgers and his assessment of the eppy; his 'Katie, what the FUNK?!' had me cracking up.

Yes I always watch Alexander. He’s always on point. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

This season was tired....old news.  Maybe next season will be a breakout.

Andy called it a breakout season for the show. He's happy with it and it's likely that Bravo feels the same way. It's all a matter of personal opinion though. I happen to disagree with you - I enjoyed the season and much prefer it to the recycled garbage that I see on the OC and BH franchises yet they keep coming back. But again, personal opinion. I'm really excited for the reunion. I'm hoping they really drag Ashley and Michael.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
50 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Andy called it a breakout season for the show. He's happy with it and it's likely that Bravo feels the same way. It's all a matter of personal opinion though. I happen to disagree with you - I enjoyed the season and much prefer it to the recycled garbage that I see on the OC and BH franchises yet they keep coming back. But again, personal opinion. I'm really excited for the reunion. I'm hoping they really drag Ashley and Michael.

All the material was old and tired.  Andy is crazy.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I mean has Andy ever really dissed a rhw show. It's his job to promote it even if it sucks. Like rhobh this season.

• Love 6

It's all a matter of personal opinion though. I happen to disagree with you - I enjoyed the season and much prefer it to the recycled garbage that I see on the OC and BH franchises yet they keep coming back.

I enjoyed this season as well.

• Love 2

Why was Candiace paying the mortgage by writing a cheque and putting it in the mail? Who pays a mortgage like that? It just comes out of your account unless I’m missing something about mortgages in other places lol. Or maybe she was mailing that cheque to her mom? Who even writes cheque’s anymore lol so weird and lame all around.

I liked this season too.

I don’t think Michael wanted a baby at all. Ashley was supposed to be his fun wife and he’s old who wants a baby when you are about to retire. It was a shut up and keep being my beard baby. Ashley’s mom is blech.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Marley said:

Why was Candiace paying the mortgage by writing a cheque and putting it in the mail? Who pays a mortgage like that? It just comes out of your account unless I’m missing something about mortgages in other places lol. Or maybe she was mailing that cheque to her mom? Who even writes cheque’s anymore lol so weird and lame all around.

I liked this season too.

I don’t think Michael wanted a baby at all. Ashley was supposed to be his fun wife and he’s old who wants a baby when you are about to retire. It was a shut up and keep being my beard baby. Ashley’s mom is blech.

Re: checks — I don’t know about Candiace but I have a checkbook from when I opened a checking account several years ago that I am still trying to use up. It doesn’t even have my current address on it anymore, LOL.

Candiace may just find it easier to document her payments with actual checks instead of ACH withdrawals. I prefer ACH, but that’s because I like having a confirmation number for my records.

• Love 3
On 9/9/2019 at 10:26 AM, Vixenstud said:

I was happy for Ashley as she shared her news with her mom.

Her mom seemed really happy.  I did think it was funny when Michael said, "you get a baby to love but you don't have to do the work, you can give it back!"  But... isn't that how her mom raised Ashley?  She would pop in to see her and then give her back to her grandparents?

On 9/10/2019 at 5:41 AM, TV Glotzer said:

Why is there an errant apostrophe in “La’Dame”???? Does that make it klassy? These people are such imposters. 

It makes no sense.  Shouldn't it be L'Dame?  Is she trying to make it French?  Does anyone know?

Also, the smells listed on the website do not seem to jibe - citrus, vanilla, violet, floral, exotic spices (?). 

On 9/10/2019 at 10:31 AM, MaggieG said:

When Katie walked in, I thought "Hey, she looks nice and her wig actually looks good." And then she said she didn't shower or put on deodorant. Oh Katie.

I loved Katie's outfit - I wasn't sure if it was a scarf over a top, or if it was just a top.  In any event, I want that!  I checked bigblondehair but they didn't list it. 

19 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I saw the same scene and saw him welled up with tears.

His eyes are always glassy!  And rimmed in red.  I think he looks like a raging alcoholic!  All kidding aside, though I do think he was happy. 

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I wanna see skid marks. 

13 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

All the material was old and tired.  Andy is crazy.

Andy is on crack. It was not that the season was bad but that they aired it so late. We knew about Michael grabbing bussy and the little kangaroo is already born, so everything felt stale.

30 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Her mom seemed really happy.  I did think it was funny when Michael said, "you get a baby to love but you don't have to do the work, you can give it back!"  But... isn't that how her mom raised Ashley?  She would pop in to see her and then give her back to her grandparents?

It makes no sense.  Shouldn't it be L'Dame?  Is she trying to make it French?  Does anyone know?

Also, the smells listed on the website do not seem to jibe - citrus, vanilla, violet, floral, exotic spices (?). 

I loved Katie's outfit - I wasn't sure if it was a scarf over a top, or if it was just a top.  In any event, I want that!  I checked bigblondehair but they didn't list it. 

His eyes are always glassy!  And rimmed in red.  I think he looks like a raging alcoholic!  All kidding aside, though I do think he was happy. 

Katie is a beautiful woman who is a total hot mess. Girl gotta get herself right...at least for the sake of her children.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I was shouting that at the TV!

What will she do when the property taxes are due or the roof needs fixing or the HVAC system goes up? 

She has no equity in that house and her name is nowhere on paperwork, maybe her mother will one day decide that she wants to sell it but not to Candiace and Chris.

Gizzelle's house has no curb appeal.

Good to know that Robin sold her flip, wonder how much she made on the deal.

Did we notice how few posts there are, only two pages so far and that was the finale!

I think they said $36,000.

• Love 1
On 9/10/2019 at 11:39 AM, drivethroo said:

Word on the street is Gizelle has been spotted boo'd up with Jamal.  Remember, the update said Gizelle had rekindled with an unexpected ex...

Karen had a pop up event at Bloomingdales for La Dame but I don't see that it's being sold at Bloomingdales.

Pathetic she is going back to a man who impregnated a member of his congregation while they were married. He might just be trying to help her get a story line since he’s probably sick of paying alimony.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Pathetic she is going back to a man who impregnated a member of his congregation while they were married. He might just be trying to help her get a story line since he’s probably sick of paying alimony.

Yup!  I guess she doesn't have a problem with him getting more pussy than the SPCA s'long as she's getting the $$ to overlook his shenanigans.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Yup!  I guess she doesn't have a problem with him getting more pussy than the SPCA s'long as she's getting the $$ to overlook his shenanigans.

G is all about the money. She admitted that on an interview after Sherman dumped her the second time. 

That’s why she can’t stand Monique. Mo’s got a shit ton of money and married to a man that both loves and respects her. Not to mention Chris is a well regarded athlete and not a dirty preacher. Alexander was right when he said that G was angry she wastes her youth and beauty on her ex husband.

• Love 7

Are Gizelle and Jamal remarrying? I think they've cooked up a fake storyline to keep Gizelle's spot on the series.

Interesting that she didn't finish all of her planned renovations. People usually take care of the windows right away, but it's insanely expensive. No shame in doing reno in stages, but I bet Gizelle is frustrated and embarrassed she cannot afford it.

Is EveryHue still in stores? Only a far-away Target carried it where I live.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 1
22 hours ago, Marley said:

I liked this season too.

Hey, hey, now... watch who you callin' weird and lame! Until I refinanced last year I wrote a check every month and dropped it in the mail, same as I had been doing for years. I still sit down to balance my checkbook by hand. Just cause Candiace has old people tendencies doesn't make her weird or lame. I am here for the checkbook and the register...

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

Hey, hey, now... watch who you callin' weird and lame! Until I refinanced last year I wrote a check every month and dropped it in the mail, same as I had been doing for years. I still sit down to balance my checkbook by hand. Just cause Candiace has old people tendencies doesn't make her weird or lame. I am here for the checkbook and the register...

I am sure if Candiace was on the paperwork she would have had automatic withdraw set up but her mother owns the house so she writes the mortgage check to her mother as a reimbursement, I am guessing.

Checks are okay, just don't pay by check at the supermarket for a quart of milk! I pay my father's bills using checks, not loving having to buy stamps but whatever, he is 92 and he likes to review the stubs, whatever.

• Love 7
On 9/10/2019 at 2:18 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I officially lost interest when far more happened in the post-season updates than the actual season!  Just to use one example:  Ashely got pregnant and gave birth in real time while her storyline this season was "will she/will she not get pregnant?"  There's no other word for that than "absurd."

I will watch the reunions, because Potomac reunions are epic (this is the place where Old Blue Eyes came into our collective consciousness after all!) but this season has been exhaustive, mostly because I had no one to really get in there and root for.

Gizelle is too unhappy, Robyn is too pathetic to watch as it relates to Juan, Ashely is too messy, Karen is a snob with no regard for the truth, Candiace is a spoiled baby bitch...and there's Monique.  

I have come to like Monique a lot and while I am rooting for her, I am that old school hardass curmudgeon (get off my lawn!) who can't fully get behind the Samuels until they are more serious about getting their kids to respect adult authority.  (To be fair, I think Chris is more lenient than Monique, and I actually can't think of any Bravo kids around this age whose behavior I like.  I would have to go back years to Phaedra Parks' kids, Dylan and Aidan). 

This was a weak season, and I'm sad.  Mostly I blame Bravo for filming right after season three wrapped, which completely fucked the storylines, but I also kinda blame Sherman.  If he had not dumped Gizelle and she had been getting laid on the regular, she might just have been fun enough to root for.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I officially lost interest when far more happened in the post-season updates than the actual season!  Just to use one example:  Ashely got pregnant and gave birth in real time while her storyline this season was "will she/will she not get pregnant?"  There's no other word for that than "absurd."

I will watch the reunions, because Potomac reunions are epic (this is the place where Old Blue Eyes came into our collective consciousness after all!) but this season has been exhaustive, mostly because I had no one to really get in there and root for.

Gizelle is too unhappy, Robyn is too pathetic to watch as it relates to Juan, Ashely is too messy, Karen is a snob with no regard for the truth, Candiace is a spoiled baby bitch...and there's Monique.  

I have come to like Monique a lot and while I am rooting for her, I am that old school hardass curmudgeon (get off my lawn!) who can't fully get behind the Samuels until they are more serious about getting their kids to respect adult authority.  (To be fair, I think Chris is more lenient than Monique, and I actually can't think of any Bravo kids around this age whose behavior I like.  I would have to go back years to Phaedra Parks' kids, Dylan and Aidan). 

This was a weak season, and I'm sad.  Mostly I blame Bravo for filming right after season three wrapped, which completely fucked the storylines, but I also kinda blame Sherman.  If he had not dumped Gizelle and she had been getting laid on the regular, she might just have been fun enough to root for.

I imagine Sherman was supposed to be Gisele’s storyline and she was probably hoping it would end in a Bravo wedding.

G’s thirsty desperation really does act like guy repellent. 

• Love 1

I forgot about this disgusting little tidbit until I was watching the reunion:  when this episode was being promoted, and because literally everyone who watched the show knew Ashley had had a baby, they promoted it with the doctor saying, "there's always a chance of a miscarriage," with a picture of the sonogram and Ashely looking scared.

There was no mention by any medical professional in the episode of a miscarriage.  Bravo teased us with the death of a baby to get us to tune in.  Is that a new low?  (You can never be sure with Bravo).

When I was watching the episode, I felt all Alex McCord, season three of Real Housewives of New York City:  "Who gossips about a death?"  I dunno, the same people who tease if for prime time?  I'm so glad this season is almost over, because that's some pretty sordid shit.

• Love 2