Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E06: Adventures in Dance

Bort
Message added by Bort

NO SPOILERS HERE.  Click HERE to read the rules before posting.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think KaShara is a dreadful speaker, I can't understand a damn thing she says without subtitles.

Still can't stand her accent.  I know she's loved by many (including K&J), but I just can't with her.  I was hoping she'd fade into oblivion once she retired.

• Love 6

I liked this episode as well, and agree with many that the cuts have been quicker this year.

I think it's taken a few seasons for Kelli and Judy to adjust their expectations on what dancers of such excellence can accomplish in a few months. I say that because for the majority of their career, they've had good and extremely good dancers in TC. Now they're getting all extremely good. That must make it difficult to cut people, because girls of that caliber can get better fairly quickly. Personally, I don't think Ashley Pro, Breelan among others would have made the squad if they'd auditioned in S11 and beyond. JMO!

I like the quicker cuts. Don't let these girls work the entire summer then get cut.

I liked Charmed and her professional approach to critiquing the girls. Her comment that the last group of 4 on stage should have been watching all the other groups and done much better on their try was excellent.

• Love 4

I do not like Lisa’s dance style. At all. 

The original dance Denise came back to update is my all-time favorite dance I’ve ever seen the team do. 

I liked them performing in the circle.  Is that a thing? Is there a name for it? Just improv maybe?

Caroline is ridiculously pretty. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

The original dance Denise came back to update is my all-time favorite dance I’ve ever seen the team do. 

Which routine was it? I'm lucky if I get to see 1/4 of the show live anymore due to Friday commitments 

1 minute ago, woodscommaelle said:

2016 hip hop routine. ♥️♥️♥️

I'll have to youtube that.  I don't get to watch more than about a fourth of the show "live" IF THAT on Fridays.  And trying to watch on CMT.com is impossible due to buffering even though I have around 10mbps internet.

1 minute ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I'll have to youtube that.  I don't get to watch more than about a fourth of the show "live" IF THAT on Fridays.  And trying to watch on CMT.com is impossible due to buffering even though I have around 10mbps internet.

I’m googling it but can’t find it with the music they used in the show. Jason Derulo Get Ugly. Totally makes the dance! If you find that please send my way 😊.

• Love 1

I'm just now getting around to watching the episode:

Was that a combo lock pad that Cheryl hits on the wall when she takes the TCCs into the office in this episode? 

Did Judy say "I din't think you were cutting her?" about Lauren?  Don't they discuss this before they call the girl into the office?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Added something.
25 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Was that a combo lock pad that Cheryl hits on the wall when she takes the TCCs into the office in this episode? 

Did Judy say "I din't think you were cutting her?" about Lauren?  Don't they discuss this before they call the girl into the office?

Yeah, I get the feeling that Judy just thought they were going to tell her to tone up.

• Love 4

Lisa is too harsh for me. Not stompy exactly, just *too* sharp.

Madeline has potential for sure - she’s super pretty and a good dancer

I liked Bret and Lauren except for memory mistakes. When Kelly called Lauren softer I couldn’t tell if she meant her dancing or her muscle tone. 

Edited by NoChtngWhenEtng
7 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yeah, I get the feeling that Judy just thought they were going to tell her to tone up.

Hmmm I thought they were always on the "same page" with the office visits.  That was a good "poker face".

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Added something.
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, NoChtngWhenEtng said:

I liked Bret and Lauren except for memory mistakes. When Kelly called Lauren softer I couldn’t tell if she meant her dancing or her muscle tone. 

You win the best user name award. I just rewatched Season 13 and I loved that Meredith Ogden’s segment managed to show the famous sign in it. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think KaShara is a dreadful speaker, I can't understand a damn thing she says without subtitles.

I live in San Francisco but grew up among Southerners...so to me it's got a familiar cadence so feels cozy and warm...many people complain the same way about Brooklyn-ese, Boston and other regional dialects...Kelli's accent is 'uptown', KaSahara is (no offense) right off the turnip truck...2 of my uncles moved here from Louisiana in their early 20s and in their late 60s sounded just like they'd fallen off that turnip truck this morning! 40 years...no change.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, ByTor said:

4 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

I live in San Francisco but grew up among Southerners...so to me it's got a familiar cadence so feels cozy and warm...many people complain the same way about Brooklyn-ese, Boston and other regional dialects...Kelli's accent is 'uptown', KaSahara is (no offense) right off the turnip truck...2 of my uncles moved here from Louisiana in their early 20s and in their late 60s sounded just like they'd fallen off that turnip truck this morning! 40 years...no change.

Either of you guys ever seen "Driving Ms Daisy" or "O Brother Where Art Thou"? Talk about accents!

26 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Either of you guys ever seen "Driving Ms Daisy" or "O Brother Where Art Thou"? Talk about accents!

And "Fried Green Tomatoes"....yet they all sound like my extended family...so I do understand them. After a few days in the South I develop an accent...takes weeks before it complete fades after I come home. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

I do not like Lisa’s dance style. At all. 

Lisa is so stiff in her neck and chin, it looks way too forced.  

I like Shaina and Lily, Kat and Meredith both need to go next week.

2 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

yes - its somekind of "security access" lock on the door. All kinds of thoughts went though my head on that feature - in addition to the security guards walking out the dancers who are cut. Did something happen w/in the bldg that upped all of security presence? Just whom are they trying to keep out (or in) of the conference room hall from the dance room ?

I do hope that there is a strong security presence when the TCC leaves for the night, walking to the cars and at least drive off of the property. They are already phsically and probably emotionally tired, let alone practice ends , what its close to midnight? Driving around in a major city late at night - as a parent I would be worried sick until I know my daughter made it into her apartment/home safe.

Back to the early 4 cuts - didn't someone on one of the threads say that the TCC get a stipend? Yes - the cuts were due to dance, and rightfully so, but I wonder if it is a budget thing too. No need of paying someone for nights/weeks who isn't going to make it.

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

I grew up in Maryland which has a few interesting accents of its own, but moved down south for many years and really love the warmth of a good southern accent.

On topic, I don't have anything against Melissa R. as long as she isn't a big feature of an episode each week, but I honestly think that having a more newly retired former DCC assisting the TCC would be more relevant both to the ladies themselves and the viewers at home.

Things change and the recently retired vets are much closer in knowing what K & J are expecting currently and being a bit younger , this can put the TCC more at ease. JMO

• Love 9
6 hours ago, NoChtngWhenEtng said:

I felt that way abt Julia I felt like she is trying way to hard 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1

Kinda off topic, but I'm always quite surprised regarding your discussions about accents, because it's like if you never think about "us", foreign people, for whose English is NOT our native language at all, and I'm always asking myself : what can they do not understand, if I do ?!? lol !

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Diane Mars said:

Kinda off topic, but I'm always quite surprised regarding your discussions about accents, because it's like if you never think about "us", foreign people, for whose English is NOT our native language at all, and I'm always asking myself : what can they do not understand, if I do ?!? lol !

My understanding is a number of call centers used to be based in Nebraska (times change) because there was no distinct accent it was considered "American, general" whereas I got the hard whining A from being in Chicago for many years, Minnesotans have the long O from Canadian influence, the south, NewYork, and Boston too strong and distinct, etc...

• Useful 1

Is it just me or has there been more hip hop this year? I seem to remember K&J commenting on former NBA cheerleaders who audition that their dancing is too hip hop compared to DCC style. 

I think Meredith is possibly the most beautiful cheerleader they’ve ever had, but she doesn’t know any choreography. I keep expecting her to be cut every episode. My eyes aren’t complaining she’s still around, but still. I think they want to keep her and Kat around as long as possible to try and make the team because of their looks.  

Shaina’s visit confused me because she was praised by a guest choreographer, but then gets called in on the same episode? 

As as far as vets go, Gina has really stuck out for me in a positive way. It’s always fun for me to see which “background” vets step into the spotlight more when the more experienced vets retire. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, NoChtngWhenEtng said:

I think she was saying "soft" dancing but really meaning both.  I hope they quietly told her behind the scenes both.  

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, vivianspoetry said:

Shaina’s visit confused me because she was praised by a guest choreographer, but then gets called in on the same episode? 

I think she was on Charm's dump list... she picked Kat over Shaina due to lack of power but said they were equal plane as far as talent/isssues.  I think Denise picked her.  She has a killer body and I think with Marshall's suggestion to boost the red she could be even more "DCC".  I just think she is a little too serious, and I could not handle all the stress of it so feel bad for mentioning it.  I hope she can smile more and try to relax.... it will go a long way.

Edited by Mardo2044
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I am tired of all the attention on Meredith. I must be the only one, but I don't even think she is that pretty and her voice is awful. She is struggling and is never getting the whole dance. I don't understand why she doesn't get cut. Kat, at least, is noticeable and she dances with power, which makes her many mistakes much more apparent. I can't believe these girls are still there.

I am glad they are making the cuts faster this season, but I miss the good-bye scenes. At least the girls who just get warnings get to go back to class.

I think Meredith's face is too long and her cheeks are too sunken in. I don't see bombshell beauty at all. 

19 hours ago, dccfangirl said:

Was it me or was Kitty in the shot before the final office visits? sitting at the front of the studio. 

Not enjoying the girls being hauled out of rehearsal - prefer the old format with the team goodbyes. 

Liked the amount of dance though, really enjoyed the circle and seeing all the tricks. 

The veterans visit... the performance was pretty bad! Was great to see all the veterans tho - although I hate when Kelli makes out she's assessing them... like how bad can you be at being friendly and signing photos????

They don't have 2 AM practices anymore and it's cheaper. If the girls were required to stay, they had to be paid for their time. 

15 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Curious as to how Lauren made training camp carrying the obvious extra weight. 

Curious how Meredith is given so many chances to learn the DCC style. She auditioned last year. She had an entire year to learn the style and prepare for this year. To me it shows she didn't prepare. 

Curious why they focused on a select few making choreography mistakes when I saw many. Kelsey made a mistake but the voice over called out Kat. Amanda made a mistake in the VA performance. Nothing said.

Curious why they mentioned Kristen quite a bit but didn't really show her dance at all.

Curious why Lily didn't seek out hair help or power classes prior to this year? She is not impressive.

Lastly, I'm curious as to why Hannah's shorts never fit properly. Her butteth overflow in every single pair. It's like she pulls them up to high or something.

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 5.36.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 5.23.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 5.38.53 PM.png

Because Hannah has a booty unlike the majority of other DCC's. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

I think Meredith's face is too long and her cheeks are too sunken in. I don't see bombshell beauty at all. 

Agreed. I think Meredith has beautiful eyes, but I don't find the rest of her face to be attractive, from the eyes down her faces gets so narrow resulting in a very pointy chin. It just looks unbalanced to me.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

For me Kashara's accent by itself isn't what's hard to understand, it's how fast she talks, she always acts like she's coming off an IV caffeine drip.

Some southerners (me) tend to be like that.  But I love Brennan so am hoping I get a pass from you should we ever meet.  I was in MSP this weekend and the hotel concierge said I sounded like I was from the south.  But to me, the northerners are the ones with the accent.  Siri rarely understands anything I say.  

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Some southerners (me) tend to be like that.  But I love Brennan so am hoping I get a pass from you should we ever meet.

LOL you're just fine by me @parrotfeathers.  KaShara's way of speaking is the least of my problems with her.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

LOL you're just fine by me @parrotfeathers.  KaShara's way of speaking is the least of my problems with her.

Me too...If I note an accent I'll often ask someone where they are from...it can be a great conversation starter. 

KaShara sounds like some of my cousins & friends (who are all over the South)....it's familiar & friendly to me. My mom was from Minnesota...dontchaknow

2 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Agreed. I think Meredith has beautiful eyes, but I don't find the rest of her face to be attractive, from the eyes down her faces gets so narrow resulting in a very pointy chin. It just looks unbalanced to me.

Her beauty is 100% her eyes, but that just shows how beautiful they are because I find her exceptionally beautiful. 

• Love 1

I think part of the reason KeShara's accent seems so jarring is that accents are disappearing. For example, when I lived in Dallas in the 80s everyone had a strong Texas accent, but when my daughter moved there to go to college 30 years later, we noticed that the kids didn't have Texas accents, even though their parents did.

• Love 4

Re: who is/isn't beautiful... Remember what Briana (ex-tn-titan) said last week when working with Chandi...." You want men to  like want you but women to be your best friend".

I will try to be friendly about merdith....😁

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, sATL said:

yes - its somekind of "security access" lock on the door. All kinds of thoughts went though my head on that feature - in addition to the security guards walking out the dancers who are cut. Did something happen w/in the bldg that upped all of security presence? Just whom are they trying to keep out (or in) of the conference room hall from the dance room ?

I do hope that there is a strong security presence when the TCC leaves for the night, walking to the cars and at least drive off of the property. They are already phsically and probably emotionally tired, let alone practice ends , what its close to midnight? Driving around in a major city late at night - as a parent I would be worried sick until I know my daughter made it into her apartment/home safe.

Back to the early 4 cuts - didn't someone on one of the threads say that the TCC get a stipend? Yes - the cuts were due to dance, and rightfully so, but I wonder if it is a budget thing too. No need of paying someone for nights/weeks who isn't going to make it.

For those that have had Star tours and/or any of our "insiders"....Do the tours include the dance studio? Maybe that's the reason for the combo locks?

14 hours ago, LizziesDude said:

We’re already 6 episodes in and no sign of kitty carter! Where is she?

Not appearing this season due to being out of the country at the time of filming.  Probably why Travis, Charm and Denise (am I missing anybody?) have been featured.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Sass said:

I didn’t notice any mistakes in regard to the dance at the Vets 

Judy didn’t single anyone out but she did mention that the small space had thrown off some of them.  I assumed from that comment that mistakes had been made.

10 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

She was praised by Denise but none of the previous three choreographers noticed her in a positive way. I’m glad K&J warned her so she has a better idea of where she stands and she can up her game.

4 hours ago, Law Mom said:

I think part of the reason KeShara's accent seems so jarring...

Growing up Air Force kid and living all over the U.S., accents don't usually bother me.  Nor does talking fast because I do that and have to work at slowing down, lol.  The only accent I tend to have trouble with is folks from India.  The sing-song cadence is all I hear instead of the actual words.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

For those that have had Star tours and/or any of our "insiders"....Do the tours include the dance studio? Maybe that's the reason for the combo locks?

Isn't the fitness center on the other side of the dance studio wall?  There is probably a lot of "foot traffic" during the day.

• Love 1

This season has completely bored me. I found myself playing Candy Crush during most of the episode. I couldn't tell you most of the rookie names beyond Meredith and Kat, those are the only 2 that are ALWAYS on. Neither one is a good dancer and should be cut. Although outside of VK, I haven't seen any that impressed me much. 

I did like the VA visit. And at least it looked like Denise washed her hair before coming this year. K&J feel very disconnected this year, but I thought last year they seemed to be distancing themselves more. I also loved seeing KaShara again. I've always liked her. The vet I am most impressed with is Amy. I've been watching old seasons and I was NOT impressed with her at all her rookie year. She has shown tremendous growth, she's a quiet, positive leader. She encourages the young women and seems like she would be easy to talk to. A few seasons ago when they had the former DCC come back to give feedback to rookies, Mia and Cassie were so impressed with how far she had come. 

I don't think I'm the only one bored with this season...the amount of discussion on this board has gone down. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, nrskim said:

I don't think I'm the only one bored with this season...the amount of discussion on this board has gone down. 

I think so as well.  Is it the current season?  Is it from what happened last season?  Some said they wouldn't watch this season if it was the MTT-VK show, or read this board if she was the main topic of conversation.  Or is it the backlash against what this show has become?  

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, nrskim said:

This season has completely bored me. I found myself playing Candy Crush during most of the episode. I couldn't tell you most of the rookie names beyond Meredith and Kat, those are the only 2 that are ALWAYS on. Neither one is a good dancer and should be cut. Although outside of VK, I haven't seen any that impressed me much. 

I did like the VA visit. And at least it looked like Denise washed her hair before coming this year. K&J feel very disconnected this year, but I thought last year they seemed to be distancing themselves more. I also loved seeing KaShara again. I've always liked her. The vet I am most impressed with is Amy. I've been watching old seasons and I was NOT impressed with her at all her rookie year. She has shown tremendous growth, she's a quiet, positive leader. She encourages the young women and seems like she would be easy to talk to. A few seasons ago when they had the former DCC come back to give feedback to rookies, Mia and Cassie were so impressed with how far she had come. 

What level are you on? I’m on 665. 

On topic: I loved Shaina telling Kelli and Judy about her talk with the veteran. 💙💙

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, nrskim said:

This season has completely bored me...

You definitely aren't alone.  Although I can name all the rookie TCC's, this season is very blah.  A first for me since season 1.  Many have expressed (off board and on) how meh this year has been. 

I'm hanging in but barely. 

I miss the excitement and chatter here of seasons past.

• Love 1

I'm still enjoying the season same as with previous years. I agree traffic is down in the show threads, but maybe that's because the "no spoiler" rule is really highlighted this season? I feel the last two or three seasons, the show threads were pretty full of "wink wink" spoilerish comments and hot takes based on insiders and social media, etc. As someone who only watches the show and doesn't follow any of that, I often skimmed to try to avoid reading comments along those lines. 

Back to the show: Has anyone else noticed there has been a marked drop in the number of times the cheerleaders say "Yes, ma'am" when talking to Kelli and Judy? It funny because you heard it so much in previous seasons, but I think I've only heard it a few times. I guess from what I've read here, CMT execs want to take the show in a slightly different direction, so maybe it's just being edited out to make the cheerleaders sound less "little girlish." Although, I live in the south and say it all the time myself. lol 

• Love 2