Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E06: Adventures in Dance

Bort
Message added by Bort

NO SPOILERS HERE.  Click HERE to read the rules before posting.

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, tanyak said:

" Although, I live in the south and say it all the time myself. lol 

I'm in Ky and I lose count of times I say M'am and Sir on the night I volunteer @ our local hospital.  Haven't really caught myself doing it at other times.

2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Isn't the fitness center on the other side of the dance studio wall?  There is probably a lot of "foot traffic" during the day.

Looks like the fitness center isn't in the Cowboys HQ area per this map

Edited by DCCFanInKy
changed some wording
  • Love 1

I really like the addition of Charm LaDonna this season, both for her choreography and for her critique. She also appears to genuinely enjoy and appreciate the girls' dancing when they're rocking her choreography.

Lauren's a cutie--I really hope she strengthens up and comes back next year. So much potential.

Bret reacts to her cut just like she dances: wooden, choppy, unemotional. I mean, I don't like the Malena/Nina Moch breakdowns either. Both extremes are uncomfortable to watch.

The more I see and hear Madeline S., the more I like her. Tall, classic beauty--and intelligence. She's got the whole package.

I think Alexandra has gotten veneers or something on her upper teeth since the last time she auditioned. Not sure why girls with perfectly healthy teeth think veneers are a good idea. They end up looking like dentures half the time.

Taylor's legs go on for.ev.ver. She's got a great look.

Shaina is, as Denise said, a "stunner." There's something lame about her hair color though. It's like an orangey creamsicle color. I can't wait for makeovers!

Edited by Maven
clarity, and my annoying perfectionism
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Maven said:

IShaina is, as Denise said, a "stunner." There's something lame about her hair color though. It's like an orangey creamsicle color. I can't wait for makeovers!

Marshal was practically salivating over making her hair a better red shade.

• Love 4
On 9/7/2019 at 3:20 PM, Lexusprincess said:

And last Kashara, please come back.  I don't care if she did gain a few pounds.  She's such a bright light out there and who you want to watch.  What she said about bringing the joy, that's what made her a good point.  I hope she does more with working with the strugglers.  It really showed how much Meredith needs to up her game.  I also love Kash can speak.  I look at the two points and wonder who they can use on show group performances to be the talking head. Both Amy and Maddie seem great leaders and great teachers just not speakers.  Jenn A and Kashara are natural speakers. 

I'm with you, in that I really like KaShara. She's such a genuine person; engaging, personable and exudes a true joy of spirit. She's definitely gained weight since she retired, but getting down to the DCC weight was always a struggle for her. She came in as a Rookie heavier than she was during her main DCC years. 

I also like her accent for it's unique charm. Accents are disappearing as media in all its forms is the great blender. I hope DCC finds a place for her in their support ranks.

• Love 11

I'm really rooting for Shania to make it, she's so pretty

Someone needs to get Hannah some bigger shorts

Maddie is overweight by DCC standards and everyone always ignores that, she's far from the best hip hop dancer in the room

I like Meredith, but Kelli trying to justify her to every choreographer was annoying

• Love 6

This has probably been noticed/asked before, but I am flummoxed about the lack of pertinent ability of some of these TCCs.  I canNOT believe that none of the girls cut in earlier rounds were not better than Gina Marie, or Lauren, for example. 

When Meredith does the routines, all I see is elbows and sweat.

Edited by Just Carol

Amanda, Lisa, and Julia stood out at Gilly's. I kind of wish Chance had refused to give her last sticker to anyone.

I would pay money to hear Kelli tell Kat, "You better pull the fuck up."

I don't think that Bret was the worst one in the 43 girls left in training camp, but I appreciated her reaction to being cut.

Lauren has a sweet pretty face but I agree that she was too soft for the team. She had a gracious reaction to being cut as well.

I feel like Shaina is going to make the team just because Kelli wants a redhead for "diversity."

When everyone got to come into the circle to show off, my first reaction was ugh, why does Maddie insist on doing that ugly side aerial. It's so crooked and I hate her bent knees. Why do something that she can't do well? It reminds me of this girl I knew who insisted on putting a center split leap in her dance even though she couldn't do one 180 degrees. I was like WHY would you deliberately make yourself look less than spectacular when you have a choice?

KaShara's accent doesn't bother me, but I also watch a lot of British tv and I work with people who are from all over the world so it's gotten to the point where I don't notice various accents anymore. What really bothers me/impedes my ability to understand what people are saying is when they are mush mouthed with pronunciation and/or mumbly. As long as people enunciate somewhat clearly, I can understand what they're saying (with or without an accent).

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

When everyone got to come into the circle to show off, my first reaction was ugh, why does Maddie insist on doing that ugly side aerial. It's so crooked and I hate her bent knees.

YES. This. I was cringing when I watched her do it

• Love 10
On 9/6/2019 at 11:15 PM, Agent Gully said:

Some odds and ends thoughts after watching:

Everyone knows she is one of my favorites, but I thought Christina looked fantastic in the footage they showed of her tonight.

I think the memory of Malena's breakdown last year has caused Kelli to enact cuts more quickly this year. In past years, for the most part, she gave the gals much more time to correct their weaknesses. It probably is kinder in the long run to not prolong a cut that seems to be inevitable.

I enjoyed this episode much more than some others this season. The majority of the focus was on dancing, which I love. The visit to the V.A. was touching and it was great to see the ladies in a major portion of their job - making appearances. 

I would rather be cut from the beginning. 

I loved all the dancing. I really enjoyed last season when they showed how the triangle was blocked. I want to see more of that. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, dccgirl88 said:

YES. This. I was cringing when I watched her do it

Ha, I'm glad it wasn't just me. The angle that they shot it from really showed how crooked she was (her hips were totally piked)) which just added to how terrible it looked. And yet she insists on doing this every year in her solo as if it's something to be proud of. Honestly, most people can't tell the difference between a side somi and an aerial cartwheel, so DO THE ONE THAT ISN'T UGLY.

• Love 16
On 9/8/2019 at 7:10 AM, ByTor said:

For me Kashara's accent by itself isn't what's hard to understand, it's how fast she talks, she always acts like she's coming off an IV caffeine drip.

Fast, really? I wouldn't describe Kashara (or anyone who's been on this show in 13 seasons) as a fast talker- but I'm also from Boston, and often practically drumming my fingers waiting for them to spit words out. It's all relative, I guess. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I would pay money to hear Kelli tell Kat, "You better pull the fuck up."

That had me rolling. Kelli was all "wait how do you spell-" trying to write it down and Charm: "PULL THE F UP"

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, NMDD43 said:

That had me rolling. Kelli was all "wait how do you spell-" trying to write it down and Charm: "PULL THE F UP"

I loved that too!

As for Meredith, why don't they have her working with Erin, who, by Kelli's admission finally 'broke out of her ballet box'....Erin might be the one to help her.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Ha, I'm glad it wasn't just me. The angle that they shot it from really showed how crooked she was (her hips were totally piked)) which just added to how terrible it looked. And yet she insists on doing this every year in her solo as if it's something to be proud of. Honestly, most people can't tell the difference between a side somi and an aerial cartwheel, so DO THE ONE THAT ISN'T UGLY.

I love Maddie...but that side flip is just ugly...I thought it was last year and this year it wasn't any better.

• Love 5
On 9/7/2019 at 8:52 PM, KaterynParr said:

I wonder if Bret or Lauren had any stickers on their photos? 

I noticed that Alexandra and someone else had none (but I can't remember who the second person was).

Good question:  Charm said No to Alexandra, Shaina, Meredith, Lauren, Brett, Kristen, Madeleine.  She picked Kat and when she flipped it over it had a yellow on the back.  They did not show her "hard nos" close enough to see stickers per person but it looked like at least 2 had red (later find 1 was madeleine S).  Bret and Lauren cut if order of edits are correct, and then Denise picked Shaina and Meredith.  She said no to Kristen, Alexandra, Kat, Madeleine and Lily.  On the Denise shot they show Alexandra has no stickers.  Madeleine has 1 red sticker.   so no answer to your question, but it was fun to freeze the DVR and investigate

So Madeleine S on the bubble and in jeopardy.  I don't argue she could be stronger, but I would take this humble legacy over a ridiculous one who supposedly "changed"

On 9/8/2019 at 8:01 PM, scorpio1031 said:

I think so as well.  Is it the current season?  Is it from what happened last season?  Some said they wouldn't watch this season if it was the MTT-VK show, or read this board if she was the main topic of conversation.  Or is it the backlash against what this show has become?  

I think alot of the posters that used to post on the episode now post on the spoilers thread as it happens in real life and are sort of over it by airing time. Only a few seem to post here now.  I could be wrong.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

I think alot of the posters that used to post on the episode now post on the spoilers thread as it happens in real life and are sort of over it by airing time. Only a few seem to post here now.  I could be wrong.  

For sure!  I get nervous just reading the no spoiler episodes!!! I much prefer being in the spoiler zone.

• Love 4
On 9/9/2019 at 10:35 AM, vmcd88 said:

What happened to the makeover episode?  Did it go away...like Kitty Kelly?

Not sure if you've seen previews for Friday but makeovers happen this week.  I've lost the link I saw or I'd post it here.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Opine said:

For sure!  I get nervous just reading the no spoiler episodes!!! I much prefer being in the spoiler zone.

Is anyone else having the issue that the arrows at the bottom just point to “next unread topic” while not identifying it, and then when you click to that page, it takes you directly to the first new post since you last read, so you don’t even know what page you’re on or what the topic is?  I’m half afraid to post anything because I don’t know whether or not I’m in a spoiler thread or if it’s going to be off topic. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

Is anyone else having the issue that the arrows at the bottom just point to “next unread topic” while not identifying it, and then when you click to that page, it takes you directly to the first new post since you last read, so you don’t even know what page you’re on or what the topic is?  I’m half afraid to post anything because I don’t know whether or not I’m in a spoiler thread or if it’s going to be off topic. 

The bottom of my page just says " <GO TO TOPIC LISTING"

18 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Not sure if you've seen previews for Friday but makeovers happen this week.  I've lost the link I saw or I'd post it here.

Does anyone know who the lady was in preview commenting on judging in showgroup?  She wasn't TPTB that I recognize.  Is she former DCC or staff?

27 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

Does anyone know who the lady was in preview commenting on judging in showgroup?  She wasn't TPTB that I recognize.  Is she former DCC or staff?

Cheryl Burke from Dancing with the Stars

25 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

What does TPTB mean?

The Powers That Be - Kelli, Judy and sometimes Charlotte

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I love the Judy/Charm dynamic in this episode: Judy’s nodding that Charm has to give the 36th sticker (thought bubble, “Yeah bitch, it’s hard, isn’t it?”); Judy chuckling at Charm’s unfiltered feedback (thought bubble, “Damn, I wish I could act like that, but I wasn’t raised that way.”), Judy telling Kelli to write down the remark (Thought bubble, “Maybe stated that way, Kat will raise her game.”), Judy exclaiming “I’m exhausted.” (Perhaps, it is really “I’m tired,” but I think thought bubble, “Divine exhaustion from shedding artifice and hearing it spoken plainly.”).

• Love 1