Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E06: Adventures in Dance

Bort
Message added by Bort

NO SPOILERS HERE.  Click HERE to read the rules before posting.

• Start Topic

Charm LaDonna returns and puts the DCC through a Hollywood-style audition on stage before picking her top 36. Denise Dicharry teaches a tough power jazz routine. Melissa Rycroft is also featured.

95e6d8cd60faad094d4db3a0dcbf396d.gif

Airdate: Friday, September 6, 2019

• Love 4
Just now, Mardo2044 said:

@DCCFanInKy little hard for me the live chat... I don't type fast enough!  ha ha

Pretty much same here.  I have to miss most of the live chat due to a commitment on Fridays but I can usually manage to squeeze in about half the show if I hurry home.  Off to catch up now 🙂 .

I'm pulling for Lily but she needs to bend deeper and dig in more on this dance IMO.

2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I really enjoyed the show tonight.   Lots of dance, and I loved the VA visit.   

Yes!  and the pace of this episode was great.  Lots of dance and critique of dance.  love it!

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

@Mardo2044 huh? The live chat forum locked just as I was replying

Just Kelli is taking no prisoners... 2 girls called into the office and then later another set of two.  I was starting to worry she was going to be cutting more than Edward Scissor hands!

• LOL 5
1 minute ago, Mardo2044 said:

Just Kelli is taking no prisoners... 2 girls called into the office and then later another set of two.  I was starting to worry she was going to be cutting more than Edward Scissor hands!

Ohhhh gotcha.  Someone else around here tonight mentioned that she might be hurrying things along after some of the shenanigans that happened last year (like Malena's meltdown).

• Love 5

Some odds and ends thoughts after watching:

Everyone knows she is one of my favorites, but I thought Christina looked fantastic in the footage they showed of her tonight.

I think the memory of Malena's breakdown last year has caused Kelli to enact cuts more quickly this year. In past years, for the most part, she gave the gals much more time to correct their weaknesses. It probably is kinder in the long run to not prolong a cut that seems to be inevitable.

I enjoyed this episode much more than some others this season. The majority of the focus was on dancing, which I love. The visit to the V.A. was touching and it was great to see the ladies in a major portion of their job - making appearances. 

• Love 13

Love Shaina.   She’s a beauty and seems really nice.

They are showing too much of Meredith and people talking about Meredith.   It’s confusing how someone called out that much for having problems isn’t cut, but others who are only talked about once or twice get cut.

Lauren is just adorable.  Hope she gets that baby weight off and comes back.

VK looked amazing in the middle of that routine at the vet hospital.   She was just shining so bright as a performer and looked beautiful.   She really would make a great point girl.

I’m also becoming less and less of a fan of Lily w/ every episode - her face always looks shocked and frozen or something, her hair is too pale, she’s too skinny and her dancing is kind of rigid or choppy.

And Meredith may be one of the most facially beautiful TCCs that they’ve ever had on this show, but her figure is kind of boxy - like no hourglass shape to her.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 6
47 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

Some odds and ends thoughts after watching:

Everyone knows she is one of my favorites, but I thought Christina looked fantastic in the footage they showed of her tonight.

I think the memory of Malena's breakdown last year has caused Kelli to enact cuts more quickly this year. In past years, for the most part, she gave the gals much more time to correct their weaknesses. It probably is kinder in the long run to not prolong a cut that seems to be inevitable.

I enjoyed this episode much more than some others this season. The majority of the focus was on dancing, which I love. The visit to the V.A. was touching and it was great to see the ladies in a major portion of their job - making appearances. 

I really enjoyed this episode as well. I enjoyed getting to see the girls dance and hearing from the two judges who they think has it in them to make the squad. Although the judges had their different favorites, they both had the same girls at the bottom of the list. I also enjoyed the fact that the focus was on the other TCC’s and less on Kat and Victoria! 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

RE: "cutting" . I'm beginning to wonder if the nbr of episodes for this season has been cut.

At this rate - the squad will be down to 36 in what 3 weeks ?

two weeks in a row, 2 cuts made within the 1st 30 (or was it 15) minutes. No massive group hug from the rest of the TCCs... just pack your sh*t and go. Security will walk you out.

It also seems like everything is moving faster - we've already had uniform fittings, teaching the jump split, 4? guest choreographers, special rookie community performance..

when Marshall appeared my first though was - "they didn't do makeovers already?" - given the pace the season has been going.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 7

kelli and/or the  IT dept can't find a way to automate graphically her post-it colored dot system for each guest choreographer ?

I mean she made Gillys (or the cowboys) drag out the flat screen with the TCCs picture.

Charm was a polite Kitty - when she said she would cut this entire group - referring to the last 4  TCCs that danced.  "now yall all know that was not acceptable . the entire group messed up".   --> could this have been for production??  All 4 ??

Edited by sATL
38 minutes ago, sATL said:

RE: "cutting" . I'm beginning to wonder if the nbr of episodes for this season has been cut.

two weeks in a row, 2 cuts made within the 1st 30 (or was it 15) minutes. No massive group hug from the rest of the TCCs... just pack your sh*t and go. Security will walk you out.

It also seems like everything is moving faster - we've already had uniform fittings, teaching the jump split, 4? guest choreographers, special rookie community performance..

when Marshall appeared my first though was - "they didn't do makeovers already?" - given the pace the season has been going.

These first cuts have seemed fast, also because in the past it was usually only one girl cut per episode of the show. Now we are seeing two at a time.

I imagine the pace for cutting the gals will slow down as the training camp goes on. Once they are down to the ladies they really like, they will have a tougher time deciding who stays and who goes.

I hope they spend more time on the makeovers. They seemed to rush through the uniform fittings this season. Those are two segments I enjoy watching and I get to know the TCC's a bit better.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

VK looked amazing in the middle of that routine at the vet hospital.   She was just shining so bright as a performer and looked beautiful.   She really would make a great point girl.

The day Vic becomes point, I’m done watching the show and squad.

#nope

• LOL 1
  • Love 20

Lauren: "... I'm hoping I can have a good positive conversation with them. We can talk about things I need to work on, and then for me to improve from there." (She says smiling).

K&J: We about to ruin this woman's summer.

Edited by Lona
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

They are showing too much of Meredith and people talking about Meredith.   It’s confusing how someone called out that much for having problems isn’t cut, but others who are only talked about once or twice get cut.

Lauren is just adorable.  Hope she gets that baby weight off and comes back.

Kelli has always been a sucker for a pretty face.  I like meredith and I think the team does need a beauty so I hope she can get it together.  The fact she can not stay on tempo baffles me....

I hope they told off camera Lauren needs to lose weight.  She has the old-style classic DCC look and I would love for her to come back with a little more power.  Funny Judy was thinking she just needed a talk this time... I think last episode? she said no, she does not have it.

heather's intro on the SG dance with Denise looked forced/awkward

• Love 2

So Meredith is just Loni/Ashley Pro/Morgan...a girl who obviously is not qualified but has a pretty face.

Brett and Lauren were so mature and professional about being cut. Each sounded like she was approaching this like an audition with the understanding you try your best but will not make everything. Neither acted like DCC was her reason for living.

Couldn't help but notice they didn't show VK at the VA visit. I can absolutely see that not being a comfortable environment for her and her really not caring the way Lisa and Shaina did. I'm never going to like her because no matter how good she is, it's obvious it was never a level playing field. If nothing else she's likely been assured she'll make the squad so she isn't burdened with any of the nervousness or uncertainty everyone else is. If every TCC were given the time and attention VK has they might be as good.

• Love 11

Every time they show VK dancing they do the slo-mo and sparkling sound effects. I haven’t noticed any other dancer getting such consistent editing. 

I do think she looks amazing this year compared to last year. 

If she has improved from last year, they are doing her such an inservice by giving her special treatment. It makes it appear that she didn’t earn her spot.

They should treat her like everyone else. They are setting her up for all the “hate.”

But, honestly? She probably doesn’t even know or care!!!

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

These first cuts have seemed fast, also because in the past it was usually only one girl cut per episode of the show. Now we are seeing two at a time.

CMT said 13 episodes this season. I hope they show more of what happens after the team is announced. Or vet-only events like the trip to Canton/Hall of Fame they did a couple of seasons back. I really enjoyed those episodes. 

• Love 6

Great episode. Lots of dancing, minimal drama.

Pretty sure Charm let fly the F word while discussing the candidates with Judy and Kelli, knowing she was on TV. Classy.

I think Victoria looks great, but it's clear that all of the judges/choreographers understand they are meant to feature and praise her.

I like the early cuts. I hate it when they keep someone like Malena for camera fodder. It's unkind.

I'm not missing Kitty at all.

I think we are seeing the impact of the new CMT leadership.

• Love 10

I am tired of all the attention on Meredith. I must be the only one, but I don't even think she is that pretty and her voice is awful. She is struggling and is never getting the whole dance. I don't understand why she doesn't get cut. Kat, at least, is noticeable and she dances with power, which makes her many mistakes much more apparent. I can't believe these girls are still there.

I am glad they are making the cuts faster this season, but I miss the good-bye scenes. At least the girls who just get warnings get to go back to class.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I actually really enjoyed this episode. Loved the Charm segment.... I really like her. Christina killed her choreography, and she looked great when Denise was teaching as well. Gina killed it as usual. I’m really hoping next year is her year to shine, if she returns. Kashara has definitely gained weight, but she looks great. Not having to watch every calorie must be so refreshing. 

• Love 13

Was it me or was Kitty in the shot before the final office visits? sitting at the front of the studio. 

Not enjoying the girls being hauled out of rehearsal - prefer the old format with the team goodbyes. 

Liked the amount of dance though, really enjoyed the circle and seeing all the tricks. 

The veterans visit... the performance was pretty bad! Was great to see all the veterans tho - although I hate when Kelli makes out she's assessing them... like how bad can you be at being friendly and signing photos????

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Route66 said:

So Meredith is just Loni/Ashley Pro/Morgan...a girl who obviously is not qualified but has a pretty face.

Brett and Lauren were so mature and professional about being cut. Each sounded like she was approaching this like an audition with the understanding you try your best but will not make everything. Neither acted like DCC was her reason for living.

Couldn't help but notice they didn't show VK at the VA visit. I can absolutely see that not being a comfortable environment for her and her really not caring the way Lisa and Shaina did. I'm never going to like her because no matter how good she is, it's obvious it was never a level playing field. If nothing else she's likely been assured she'll make the squad so she isn't burdened with any of the nervousness or uncertainty everyone else is. If every TCC were given the time and attention VK has they might be as good.

They showed VK last year at the Vet visit interacting w/ the vets and she did fine.

47 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

Was it me or was Kitty in the shot before the final office visits? sitting at the front of the studio. 

Not enjoying the girls being hauled out of rehearsal - prefer the old format with the team goodbyes. 

Liked the amount of dance though, really enjoyed the circle and seeing all the tricks. 

The veterans visit... the performance was pretty bad! Was great to see all the veterans tho - although I hate when Kelli makes out she's assessing them... like how bad can you be at being friendly and signing photos????

I thought I saw Kitty, too! She was wearing a baseball cap.

Christina looked great this episode.  It was great to see Christina shine for once.  Gina of course always looks amazing.  I really enjoy watching Cianna.  I loved watching the vets with the two different choreographers.

Lisa, Amanda, and Victoria really shined for the rookies.  Julie looked good but not as good as them.

Kristen and Lily did not do as well for being the comeback girls.  Meredith and Kat were bad.  Very bad.  I believe Charm likes Kat like Kelli likes Meredith and that influenced her decision.  Charm was great to watch with the girls because she told it like it is.....until she kept Kat who she said was struggling.

The cuts.  No surprise there.  I think with telling Lauren she is soft they are trying to soften their approach on weight.  It's much better to just tell the girls so they know what they need to do.  

And last Kashara, please come back.  I don't care if she did gain a few pounds.  She's such a bright light out there and who you want to watch.  What she said about bringing the joy, that's what made her a good point.  I hope she does more with working with the strugglers.  It really showed how much Meredith needs to up her game.  I also love Kash can speak.  I look at the two points and wonder who they can use on show group performances to be the talking head. Both Amy and Maddie seem great leaders and great teachers just not speakers.  Jenn A and Kashara are natural speakers.  I remember them using Kelsey Bond at times even though she was not point cause she was comfortable talking.  years ago Meredith O.  had the mike a lot because she was a comfortable public speaker.  

And Gina does seem to be the biggest cheerleader of the vets.  It's great to see.

• Love 5

It's not Maddie's weight or chipmunk cheeks that bother me, it's that hair.  It is so scraggly and nasty.  Nicole B, please do a hair intervention with Maddie and help her figure it out!!!  Thanks

• Love 6
14 hours ago, sATL said:

Good question... hopefully someone will look that up, how many episodes last year versus this year.  Regardless, I like the pace of the show this way.  Not certain, do wonder how often someone below the line rises above with time... if it is a low percentage then I guess no harm no foul.

2 hours ago, dccfangirl said:

Either it is so K and J can go home earlier sippin' lattes while rehearsal continues and be even less involved in the day-to-day operations that last year, or she doesn't want to pay the vets for waiting outside rehearsal until cuts/dismissal.  I don't really know, just theory.

4 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

Either it is so K and J can go home earlier sippin' lattes while rehearsal continues and be even less involved in the day-to-day operations that last year, or she doesn't want to pay the vets for waiting outside rehearsal until cuts/dismissal.  I don't really know, just theory.

I think someone mentioned in a different thread it's so practices don't go until 2AM like they did last year.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Christina?  Looking good dancing? Still don't see it, at least with Charm's choreography.  She was rushing just enough to be noticeable and couldn't stay in her space when performing with the others.  She kept moving over to her right, our left, like she was taking a bit bigger step then the other girls.  With Denise Di'Charry's choreography, she did look better and I was almost impressed, like "Dang.  Girl can dance!" but then realized this was a dance she'd been doing for, what, two years just with some tweaks so she'd BETTER look good doing it.

I can't believe Charm said that she'd go for Kat over Shaina or Meredith when she said all three were gorgeous.  I would still go for Shaina and Madeline of the ones that were "hard no's" or "gorgeous, but have dance issues" pile.

16 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Frankly, I didn't see it.  She hasn't wowed me in ANYTHING she's done.  At best, she's an average dancer and doesn't seem to be putting in as much effort as some of the other girls.  I'm wondering if that's because she thinks she's already guaranteed a spot and doesn't have to work as hard or something else. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Frankly, I didn't see it.  She hasn't wowed me in ANYTHING she's done.  At best, she's an average dancer and doesn't seem to be putting in as much effort as some of the other girls.  I'm wondering if that's because she thinks she's already guaranteed a spot and doesn't have to work as hard or something else. 

Well, apparently coming back this year and announcing over and over and over that she has changed is enough for everyone else.  She doesn't have to prove anything.  They gush over her dancing like that is the only issue she had.  So, in her mind, she's got a spot.  And like someone said above, my eyes go to other girls as well.

• Love 5

Curious as to how Lauren made training camp carrying the obvious extra weight. 

Curious how Meredith is given so many chances to learn the DCC style. She auditioned last year. She had an entire year to learn the style and prepare for this year. To me it shows she didn't prepare. 

Curious why they focused on a select few making choreography mistakes when I saw many. Kelsey made a mistake but the voice over called out Kat. Amanda made a mistake in the VA performance. Nothing said.

Curious why they mentioned Kristen quite a bit but didn't really show her dance at all.

Curious why Lily didn't seek out hair help or power classes prior to this year? She is not impressive.

Lastly, I'm curious as to why Hannah's shorts never fit properly. Her butteth overflow in every single pair. It's like she pulls them up to high or something.

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 5.36.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 5.23.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 5.38.53 PM.png

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

Curious as to how Lauren made training camp carrying the obvious extra weight. 

Curious how Meredith is given so many chances to learn the DCC style. She auditioned last year. She had an entire year to learn the style and prepare for this year. To me it shows she didn't prepare. 

Curious why they focused on a select few making choreography mistakes when I saw many. Kelsey made a mistake but the voice over called out Kat. Amanda made a mistake in the VA performance. Nothing said.

Curious why they mentioned Kristen quite a bit but didn't really show her dance at all.

Curious why Lily didn't seek out hair help or power classes prior to this year? She is not impressive.

Lastly, I'm curious as to why Hannah's shorts never fit properly. Her butteth overflow in every single pair. It's like she pulls them up to high or something.

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 5.36.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 5.23.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 5.38.53 PM.png

I didn’t notice any mistakes in regard to the dance at the Vets 

18 hours ago, sATL said:

Show group auditions will be next week (link to CMT.com)

3 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

Good question... hopefully someone will look that up, how many episodes last year versus this year.  Regardless, I like the pace of the show this way.  Not certain, do wonder how often someone below the line rises above with time... if it is a low percentage then I guess no harm no foul.

I was thinking either @ShellyB or @Smplsimon said 13 episodes but I could be wrong.