Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: Are You Committed?

• Start Topic

Does anybody else think the dice game Iris and Keith played was from the previous episode when they played games with the fishbowl, etc.? When they went to dinner in that earlier episode, Iris said she just wasn’t in the right place to play those sex games. I think her change in attitude came after Keith said her virginity was a problem at that dinner and then she agreed to do the edible glitter, but they just showed the dice game in this episode. They show so many things out of order.

When Greg was telling his story about his father coming to America and taking a second wife, then Greg, as the son, turns his life around and ends up opening a school to teach math to disadvantaged youth, I was thinking: where have I heard this before? That’s when I realized Greg’s story is kind of a mix between T’Challa and KillMonger. What I’m trying to say is... Greg is Black Panther. Deonna hit the jackpot.

I don’t believe anything Elizabeth says. She continues to twist what Jaime says about intimacy to try to make him seem like he’s a sex maniac. She was so gleeful telling the new expert that Jaime wants to have sex with her everyday. I believe that she’s overly sexual with everyone (even her Dad) and then tries to put the responsibility for the disfunction on the other person instead of owning her crazy. Jaime is crazy too, so I’m rooting for them.

Edited by lids
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

Amber and Matt aren't having sex (according to the previews) because he is never home! He has his whole other life and is showing up for the paycheck.

Maybe not with each other, but I think Matt is having sex with someone when he's staying out all night.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I am just so sick of Iris and her virginity.  Who gives a shit.  Miss “lemonaid” is too full of herself, nasty, and thinks she’s the cats meow.  I hope Keith dumps her and her you know what.

Then she will be on a new jag...a divorced virgin. Her husband said 'Thanks for nothing'

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Amber's going to have dozens of suitors who are actual men of character...unlike the empty suit she got..

I believe Amber needs to do a lot of work on self-discovery, self-awareness, and self-empowerment before she enters into any sort or romantic relationship with ANY MAN.   

In addition, I hope this was a wake-up call for Amber to re-evaluate her career choice.  After her behavior on this show, it is problematic that she can regain any sense of authority and/or control of a middle-school classroom (I'm speaking from experience).

• Love 14
3 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I don't watch unfiltered...am I missing much?

You should watch.  Everyone is waiting for Deonna to appear.  You’ll also get to see Elizabeth’s boobs for the 1,000th time.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
On 8/16/2019 at 10:41 AM, 2727 said:

My guess is that Iris doesn't have an intact hymen, either congenitally or broken in other non-sexual ways.

That’s my guess, too.  And just for the record a hymen doesn’t mean crap about virginity. I’m sure you’ve all seen the Adam ruins everything: SEX episode.  I didn’t bleed when I had sex for the first time.  But I did grow up playing sports, riding bikes, dancing, riding horses, etc.  Is broken hymen Iris’ secret shame? If so, she is ridiculous.

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, PityFree said:

That’s my guess, too.  And just for the record a hymen doesn’t mean crap about virginity. I’m sure you’ve all seen the Adam ruins everything: SEX episode.  I didn’t bleed when I had sex for the first time.  But I did grow up playing sports, riding bikes, dancing, riding horses, etc.  Is broken hymen Iris’ secret shame? If so, she is ridiculous.

You know I thought that it could be that too and how ridiculous is Iris for thinking that has anything to do with really being a virgin - Especially today when all people have to do is look online to find some answers.  I didn't bleed my first time either but was very athletic as a kid too, riding horses, playing sports, riding bikes, dancing, swimming, etc.  I remember my first love (who was my first time) never really believed me that I was a virgin because I didn't bleed.  Meanwhile it took him like an hour to finally get in there without causing me pain so he should have taken that as a sign that I'd never been with anyone before.  And he should have known because he was not a virgin.  But then again this was the 1970s before we had all this knowledge available to us online to clue us in on these things.  Women back then were more educated about these things than men because we read women's magazines and books like "Our Bodies, Ourselves" which told us what we needed to know about that stuff.  Today that stuff is available to everyone.

• Love 6
On 8/16/2019 at 4:45 PM, Drogo said:

Trying to listen to the words Jamie is vomiting all over Pastor Cal, but all I see is Meep from American Horror Story. 20190816_194246.thumb.jpg.8255cee5c3107061846be0085357354c.jpg

Jamie is a horror story. 😂😂

• LOL 2

Ohhhhkayyyy. I think I got it. They want to make it look like they're giving them an opportunity to get out of a shitty relationship that isn't working, when we want experts/producers/SOMEONE to step in & END a toxic marriage. But, they can't. Not only because of contracts & whatnot, but because that's so NOT reality. Who hasn't stayed in abusive relationships or tolerated bs until... That's how people are. Ultimately, it's up to the people in the relationship, even when courts are involved. It's so easy for us to say what others should do, even if we haven't in similar situations. We just get to watch & learn & hopefully avoid it. 😂😂 I appreciate the lessons this show teaches me.

• Love 3

I think Jamie told Elizabeth he loved her so soon to confuse her when he started abusing her. Isn't that what they do? Makes it harder to leave them. Makes you overlook the abuse. Makes you question if it's abuse because they "love" you. CLAS-SICK

Edited by Lindz
  • Useful 6
  • Love 3

Deonna & Greg should've gotten Iris & Keith's fishbowl questions since Greg can't ask the right questions & Deonna can't say what turns her on. Why didn't Greg say their sex life was a problem?

Edited by Lindz
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

Amber is hopelessly pathetic. Watching her cry over a man that doesnt want to be at home, and hear her say she just wants him to be with her and hold her? So disturbing.

This girl needs to get some self esteem. Shes a lost cause.....yes her mother abandoned her (her parents are trash too) but at what point do you look at your life and realise you need to change it to  better yourself? I hate seeing her on screen begging a man that doesnt like her to like her.

Jamie and Beth.....someones going to jail and another person might end up in hospital.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, pdlinda said:

I believe Amber needs to do a lot of work on self-discovery, self-awareness, and self-empowerment before she enters into any sort or romantic relationship with ANY MAN.   

Yeah. Matt's a dud, but she definitely has issues to sort out. Her twin said that in Amber's last relationship, she was giving him money right off the bat. Everything about her says "please don't leave meeeee!" which will likely lead her to make some bad choices if she hasn't already. I mean, she has essentially told her husband that he can do whatever as long as he comes home. That's ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Lindz said:

I think Jamie told Elizabeth he loved her so soon to confuse her when he started abusing her. Isn't that what they do? Makes it harder to leave them. Makes you overlook the abuse. Makes you question if it's abuse because they "love" you. CLAS-SICK

Love-bombing. Yep. Could also be why his 1-month anniversary gift was more expensive than the others we saw. Love-bombing means near-constant displays of affection and attention. Then, when you start showing interest in stuff other than the person, they flip and call you selfish. Classic narcissist behavior.

Come to think of it, Jamie is showing a lot of narcissism. Narcissists shower people with attention when people do what they want them to do. When they don't (like when Elizabeth looked at herself in the wedding pictures, asked a question he didn't like, doesn't have sex often enough), the abuse starts - devaluing (like giving her shit for not finishing college), verbal abuse (calling her a materialistic c*nt), and sometimes physical abuse (which we haven't seen). 

Said before, say it again: Elizabeth is not someone I'd want to hang out with; she's spoiled, her relationship with her father is creepy, and she does seem shallow. But Jamie is dangerous. If he's doing all this one month in, ON TELEVISION, IMO he's capable of much worse.

• Useful 10
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, pdlinda said:

In addition, I hope this was a wake-up call for Amber to re-evaluate her career choice.  After her behavior on this show, it is problematic that she can regain any sense of authority and/or control of a middle-school classroom (I'm speaking from experience).

I watched Amber try to have an open conversation with Matt after he didnt come home. She spoke like she was at a work meeting, making lots of logical points like "you took your wedding ring before you went out and that hurt my feelings."  Wrong move. He's well aware of what he did and he did it all for a reason, so she would get the hint, because a lot of guys dont have the balls to say it to a womans face. She SHOULD have retained her dignity and ignored his ass, and then learn her lesson, to stop being so eager with men. 

• Love 7
On 8/16/2019 at 4:06 PM, lids said:

There’s a shorter version of next week’s preview on Lifetime’s site: https://www.mylifetime.com/shows/married-at-first-sight/season-9/episode-11/preview-married-at-first-sight-episode-11

I had to scroll to the end of the episode that is on the Lifetime site to see the longer preview with Iris’ secret and she is smiling while she’s telling Keith. So I’m going to go with the others who speculated that she’s saying something suspect about her virginity again. We already kind of get that she’s not really a virgin. She did say she’s never had a penis in her vagina though, so it’s not that. Maybe she tells Keith she’s on birth control or planning in Vito or something. The key from the preview is that Keith says he’s confused (nor horrified or angry or disappointed). Whatever she cooked up with her doctor goes against the typical uptightness that we know in Iris. Or she’s planning a future with Keith when Keith thought they were still feeling things out.

I just watched the preview, thank u very much, and Deonna’s demeanor tells it all.  She says wh at she has to say, and then dismisses him in one shot.  IMO, she’s got an attitude going on there.  No room for discussion.  She’s a toughie.   I, myself don’t think they are a good match.  She will walk all over him, IMO.  Maybe she has had a lot of boyfriends that couldn’t take her .. we don’t know the truth, and she’s so closed mouth when it comes to her past.  Who knows?

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Lindz said:

This is what Jamie needs to hear from Elizabeth:

stassi schroeder GIF

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Love-bombing. Yep. Could also be why his 1-month anniversary gift was more expensive than the others we saw. Love-bombing means near-constant displays of affection and attention. Then, when you start showing interest in stuff other than the person, they flip and call you selfish. Classic narcissist behavior.

Come to think of it, Jamie is showing a lot of narcissism. Narcissists shower people with attention when people do what they want them to do. When they don't (like when Elizabeth looked at herself in the wedding pictures, asked a question he didn't like, doesn't have sex often enough), the abuse starts - devaluing (like giving her shit for not finishing college), verbal abuse (calling her a materialistic c*nt), and sometimes physical abuse (which we haven't seen). 

Said before, say it again: Elizabeth is not someone I'd want to hang out with; she's spoiled, her relationship with her father is creepy, and she does seem shallow. But Jamie is dangerous. If he's doing all this one month in, ON TELEVISION, IMO he's capable of much worse.

Great insight about Jamie.  Classic narcissism in a relationship:  Idealize, devalue, discard.

He's already done this, in one month:

Idealize: with all the love-bombing, Tiffany necklace, I love you.  

Devalue: come at her about her lack of education, her not having a "real job" because she works for her dad, her lack of enough sex for him.  

Discard:  Packs up his things and leaves, saying he's "Done!!!" and it's over!!!  

He's already shown this narcissistic abuse cycle, and we are only halfway through.

Elizabeth is annoying as all get-out, with her daddy issues, that pink romper thing on Unfiltered, with her unsupported breasts and thigh cellulite (yeah, I said it) is awful, but she doesn't deserve this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Lindz said:

Ohhhhkayyyy. I think I got it. They want to make it look like they're giving them an opportunity to get out of a shitty relationship that isn't working, when we want experts/producers/SOMEONE to step in & END a toxic marriage. But, they can't. Not only because of contracts & whatnot, but because that's so NOT reality. Who hasn't stayed in abusive relationships or tolerated bs until... That's how people are. Ultimately, it's up to the people in the relationship, even when courts are involved. It's so easy for us to say what others should do, even if we haven't in similar situations. We just get to watch & learn & hopefully avoid it. 😂😂 I appreciate the lessons this show teaches me.

So true. The sad part is Dr. Viviana was gently guiding Amber to the exit and she still stayed. Being in Social Services has taught me, that you can only plant the seed and hope that the person learns. You basically have to let them think it was their idea.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Yeah. Matt's a dud, but she definitely has issues to sort out. Her twin said that in Amber's last relationship, she was giving him money right off the bat. Everything about her says "please don't leave meeeee!" which will likely lead her to make some bad choices if she hasn't already. I mean, she has essentially told her husband that he can do whatever as long as he comes home. That's ridiculous.

His behavior is reminiscent of Ryan D in season 2.

• Love 1

also, i am curious. Was anyone else surprised Amber makes $80K a year as a teacher ? I was under the impression that teachers made far less than that, especially since she could only have been working a few years. 

Offering to have Matt live on her income. I am SMDH. I want my daughters to watch this when they are teenagers, to learn how not to behave with a guy you like. 

I am  curious what Matt's parents look like.

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, lids said:

I don’t believe anything Elizabeth says. She continues to twist what Jaime says about intimacy to try to make him seem like he’s a sex maniac. She was so gleeful telling the new expert that Jaime wants to have sex with her everyday. I believe that she’s overly sexual with everyone (even her Dad) and then tries to put the responsibility for the disfunction on the other person instead of owning her crazy. Jaime is crazy too, so I’m rooting for them.

Yeah I think Jamie's a real jerk, but I wonder about this.  Her behavior on the honeymoon - and on camera - was all about the "sexy time" so I don't know which to believe on this one.

17 hours ago, pdlinda said:

I too speak from experience - mine says she never had any to begin with 😁

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Yeah No said:

You know I thought that it could be that too and how ridiculous is Iris for thinking that has anything to do with really being a virgin - Especially today when all people have to do is look online to find some answers.  I didn't bleed my first time either but was very athletic as a kid too, riding horses, playing sports, riding bikes, dancing, swimming, etc.  I remember my first love (who was my first time) never really believed me that I was a virgin because I didn't bleed.  Meanwhile it took him like an hour to finally get in there without causing me pain so he should have taken that as a sign that I'd never been with anyone before.  And he should have known because he was not a virgin.  But then again this was the 1970s before we had all this knowledge available to us online to clue us in on these things.  Women back then were more educated about these things than men because we read women's magazines and books like "Our Bodies, Ourselves" which told us what we needed to know about that stuff.  Today that stuff is available to everyone.

Joining the club .. me three. Pain the first week .. nothing, period the second week, nothing, then I cried to my cousin as I thought something was wrong with me, haha.  She said to just take it slow, and finally, Bingo.  No complaints from the hubs, he was a doll and understood,  so I’d say a total of three weeks.  No show either.  I said to myself, now how the hell will I get a baby out of there, lol.  Feels good to get this all out.  Thanks girls.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 5
On 8/17/2019 at 4:05 PM, ramble said:

Matt sucks. I think he’s been hit in the head with a basketball a lot. He can barely mumble speak his lame excuses. Maybe be did this just to have a place to live for awhile. Poor dumb Amber is so damaged she needs to be in a committed, long-term relationship with a therapist and screw Matt. (No not literally Amber! Don’t give that large, lumbering lunk any more of your precious gift.)

Iris becomes less attractive the more she talks. Keith is checked out and marking time. Unless the secret is something totally relationship changing I don’t see them making it. 

Jamie and Big Red needed to call it quits when the “experts” gave them the quasi-out option. They are both so self involved and full of anger that together they are an ugly toxic combination. 

I have hope for Greg and Deonna. Maybe I’m ridiculously hopeful but I think they have a chance. I still think they’re keeping a lot of their interactions off camera.  

I think Elizabeth and Jamie are two crazies who love to fight and then make up and just can’t stand to be away from each other.  They will stay married and fight to the death, sad to say.

• Love 4

I don't get Unfiltered so it's a little hard to follow some of the convos. But seriously if I have to hear about Iris' f-ing virginity one more time.... She even talks like she has no intention of basically ever giving it up. It doesn't seem to be a matter of knowing her husband, it seems to be this thing she wants men to want but then hold it over them and did you see her face when he said he wasn't sure he was ready to have sex with HER? I could see it plainly - the only thing Iris cares about re: her virginity is that she can hold it over a man like a prize except she is too immature to understand that no adult actually wants it!! No one wants to train their spouse in their twenties! That's what awkward HS fondling is for!

PS - and leaving Keith with blue balls is NOT "satisfying" your husband!

Edited by Mazzy
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Re: Amber's salary: Philly and its suburbs (including Bucks County) pay teachers very well.

I just see online (glassdoor.com) that average middle school teacher salary (at the beginning years of a career which is where I believe Amber would fall in the pay scale) in Philly is about $56K/year.  Maybe she's inflating her earnings to try and lure her penniless "husband" into the relationship, OR maybe she has additional duties at the school (like coaching) or maybe she has a second job. 

In any event, after her appearance on this show I would hesitate to assume her teaching contract would be renewed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Re: Amber's salary: Philly and its suburbs (including Bucks County) pay teachers very well.

I spent my teaching career envious, in a county too far!

Hmmm. Amber teaches in Charlotte, NC. I have a teacher friend in NC, is 38, who teaches 6th grade in the public schook system and (even with husband's income) is barely getting by (with only 1 child and who goes to a subsidized daycare). I dont think my friend makes anywhere near $80K. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

I don't get Unfiltered so it's a little hard to follow some of the convos. But seriously if I have to hear about Iris' f-ing virginity one more time.... She even talks like she has no intention of basically ever giving it up. It doesn't seem to be a matter of knowing her husband, it seems to be this thing she wants men to want but then hold it over them and did you see her face when he said he wasn't sure he was ready to have sex with HER? I could see it plainly - the only thing Iris cares about re: her virginity is that she can hold it over a man like a prize except she is too immature to understand that no adult actually wants it!! No one wants to train their spouse in their twenties! That's what awkward HS fondling is for!

I lost my virginity at 24 on my wedding night, and I was definitely reaching an age where it was starting to feel wierd to be a virgin. My parents instilled a fear in me of premarital sex so that was my excuse. Dating was 10x harder for me as a 22, 23, 24 year old virgin than other girls who were sexually active with their boyfriends.  My mother told me I would be a slut if I had sex before marriage.

I had a LOT of nice, cute, decent guys want to date me, then reject me when I told them I wouldnt have sex before marriage. Which I respected. When I met now-husband at 22, he was 24 and had been a major player in our social circle. But after a while, he agreed to wait for marriage. But I was an ACTUAL virgin, meaning had never seen "one of those things" before. He waited. Which took 18 months. He still reminds me of that long wait years  later. I would NEVER go on this show as a virgin- puts the man on the spot and will for sure be an rejection if he cares about his reputation on national tv. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

Long time lurker, new poster here. I just have to say it dawned on me recently that with this new format with all couples living in the same apartment building, there seem to be minimal get togethers, at least shown on camera. And I’m a little surprised- I assumed everyone would very much be in each other’s business. I would love to see the girls’ reactions when Amber tells them Matt is never home or the men’s reactions to Jamie explaining that his wife is a materialistic c*** 😜

Side note: I live in Philly and saw AJ from last season in Dunkin Donuts on Friday! He was getting 2 cups of coffee. I also thought he was much better looking in person than on TV.

Edited by BunnyAndIvy
  • Love 15
11 hours ago, Empress1 said:

The sad thing is that most men I've known find that kind of behavior in a woman very unattractive.  It's especially bad if the guy's on the fence about her already.  It's enough to push any guy away.   Note that I'm not trying to defend Matt because I think he's an asshole anyway.  I don't think she would be acting that pathetic if she knew he really liked her but still, she should have some self respect!  And from the talking heads they've shown us of her, Amber doesn't seem to possess the self awareness she should have about her behavior.   She is acting like the stereotype of the needy, clingy, overly dependent woman that men I've known have always run away from as fast as they could, and yet she seems to see nothing wrong with her behavior.  My mind boggles because she is old enough to know better.  She seems to have all the emotional intelligence of a 12 year old.

12 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I agree.  We seem to see a lot of narcissists on this show.  It may attract them, but I've also read that narcissism is on the rise in our society (and worldwide) in the younger generations.  There is also a rise of mean spirited-ness and a decline in empathy.  Also a rise in seeing oneself as a perpetual victim as opposed to taking personal responsibility.  Promoting oneself is preferred to belonging to and conforming in a community.  Placing value in external things like money, fame and image over a belief in internalized universal values.  Some people speculate that social media and reality TV have only encouraged this shift.  Others blame the relative lack of play time with other children when growing up, which develops empathy and social skills.  I really hate to say this, but Jamie reminds me very much of one of my nephews by marriage, who perhaps not so coincidentally is the same age as Jamie.  It's a scary resemblance.

Actually, this article on the subject is one I very much agree with.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Lindz said:

Ohhhhkayyyy. I think I got it. They want to make it look like they're giving them an opportunity to get out of a shitty relationship that isn't working, when we want experts/producers/SOMEONE to step in & END a toxic marriage. But, they can't. Not only because of contracts & whatnot, but because that's so NOT reality.

I think they'd have a responsibility to step in if there was indications it might become physical.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Its kind of like the show 48 hours... if you don't have sex in that time frame the chances of having sex diminish with each passing day. She wouldn't even flash her boobs...good grief. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 8/16/2019 at 1:57 AM, gingerandcloves said:

OK, voice over from Pastor Cal saying that the couples will go over their pasts to help them see their future. Clips of all four couples driving in their cars. Looks like they are visiting childhood homes. Quick clip of Iris looking at pictures of a young Keith on the walls of a house and saying, "Aww, Keeeith..."  First up is Matt and Amber. Matt is pointing out to Amber where his childhood home was, says his bedroom was back and to the right (they're standing along the edge of a yard, with a house set back and a treehouse in the tree). Amber is all giddy, and voices over  "Seeing Matt's childhood home...I'm hoping this does grow our emotional intimacy." Matt is grinning and looking happy.

Next up is Deonna and Greg. They are picnicking on a blanket on a grassy area with vines and rocks behind. They're eating strawberries and drinking wine. Greg asks, "How do you want future Deonna to be?" Deonna says, "To continue to grow." Greg asks "How?" Deonna says, "With you." Greg doesn't say anything, and it's kind of hard to read his expression but he looks pleased, I guess? Deonna makes a silly face and wiggles her eyebrows.

Next up is Keith and Iris. They are at a dance studio, taking a lesson from an instructor. Iris is doing some gyrating, hip circling move while Keith is standing behind her, holding her around the waist. The instructor is encouraging Iris and saying "Yeah, Iris, that's it right there. Harder!". Keith looks happy and voices over, "I definitely feel like this type of dancing is exactly what the doctor ordered." The instructor tells Keith, "You have to move too." - To Iris, she says, "He's mesmerized!" Keith says, "I was watching!" Instructor says, "You got some moves." Keith voices over, "I mean, I can't complain." Keith says, "I became a spectator for this." Instructor says, "I see that."

Next it shows three of the couples at Charlotte Speedway (Jamie/Elizabeth, Greg/Deonna, Matt/Amber). The man in charge is talking, and says "We are so glad you're here" and Elizabeth is talking loudly over him, saying, "I grew up around this..." and Jamie cuts her off with "Shut up and listen". Voice over from Matt, "I don't speak to anybody that way. I find it a bit disrespectful."

Cut to Amber talking to Dr. Vivianna, "We're not having sex right now." Dr. V says, "Is there a concern that y'all could lose chemistry?" Amber looks down and doesn't speak. Matt has mouth hanging open, as usual, and gives a heavy sigh.

Cut to Iris lying on bed (in street clothes!), talking to Keith, "I literally don't think anybody knows this but my mom and the doctors..." They are holding hands and Keith is looking at her concernedly. Keith then voices over, "Hearing Iris's secret, I'm just a little confused."

Cut to Deonna and Greg on couch in living room, Deonna says, "OK, what I was gonna say-" Greg cuts in, "Can you give me an example here?" Deonna says, "No" in a very decisive voice. Greg says "Basically -" and Deonna says, "You gonna continue to mansplain as I'm trying to -" Greg says, "You seem like you -" Deonna says, "You're good. I'm done." Greg looks away, frustrated.

Cut to Elizabeth on couch in apartment, talking to Jamie, she's upset. "You told me to shut up in front of everyone...yeah, you ruined everyone's (bleeping) day."  Jamie: "I thought it was OK." Elizabeth: "Then why didn't anyone take up for me? Damn it! Jamie!" She gets up and shoves the coffee table over. "Why didn't anyone take up for me then?" She's yelling at Jamie. Poor dogs are looking confused over on the couch. She's standing in the bedroom doorway screaming, "You embarrassed me in front of everyone. You made me look stupid in front of everyone. I'm so sick of this. Go away, then, go away!"

Cut to Jamie on couch in talking head, "I'm not going to be part of a marriage where it's okay to act like that."

Cut to Elizabeth in bedroom with blanket around her shoulders. Dr. Vivianna is standing in the doorway. E: "Bitch, I knows what I did yesterday. I was there." Dr. V: "You didn't just call me bitch, did you?" E blinks and says nothing.

That's it, I think I got most of in there. Now I'm really curious to know what Iris's "secret" is.

Sorry to quote all of this, but I went into my Comcast "On Demand" just to fast forward through the latest episode of "Marrying Millions" in hopes of seeing this long preview but only saw the short one that is on the Lifetime site that only has a few of these segments in it (and not the one featuring Iris).  Usually the ads are exactly the same as what aired in real time so I'm confused.  I wanted to see it!  😕

ETA:  Of course when I want it to shorten the quote it doesn't! 🙄

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I think they'd have a responsibility to step in if there was indications it might become physical.

I'm not sure if they would even step in if it got physical. I doubt anything is too far. Not only would they show it, they'd exploit the hell out of it. Anything for views. It'll be evident next week when Elizabeth shoves a table, which would probably progress to throwing objects & striking Jamie & the expert just cares that Elizabeth called her a name. 😂

• Love 3

Ok. You know those foreplay dice glow, right? 😜😝 Yes. She had a bad attitude. I wouldn't want to ho it up on camera either. But these tasks are counting against her BIG TIME. She needs to fix her attitude. Boundaries are normal tho. They should've just set some ground rules. Simple 

• Love 4

Very disappointed by Pastor Cal's double-talk about people coasting being unacceptable & not wanting them staying on toxic or empty marriages. COMPLETE SHAM! WHERE did they ask if they wanted out? WHERE did they advise they quit? UNIMPRESSED

Only good thing that came out of those sham interviews was the order they talk to their spouse. 😂😂 Always blew my mind them telling producers/cameras their thoughts & feelings, but NOT their spouse. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Matt sucks. I think he’s been hit in the head with a basketball a lot. He can barely mumble speak his lame excuses.

This is the funniest sentence ever.  I can’t stop laughing as it’s so true.  P.s.  This was not my post btw, it was Rambles.  I don’t know how my name got up there.  Sorry Ramble.

Edited by Gem 10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, BunnyAndIvy said:

Long time lurker, new poster here. I just have to say it dawned on me recently that with this new format with all couples living in the same apartment building, there seem to be minimal get togethers, at least shown on camera. And I’m a little surprised- I assumed everyone would very much be in each other’s business. I would love to see the girls’ reactions when Amber tells them Matt is never home or the men’s reactions to Jamie explaining that his wife is a materialistic c*** 😜

Side note: I live in Philly and saw AJ from last season in Dunkin Donuts on Friday! He was getting 2 cups of coffee. I also thought he was much better looking in person than on TV.

Welcome, BUNNYANDIVY!

• Love 3
15 hours ago, BunnyAndIvy said:

Welcome, Bunnyandivy! I agree, I thought there would be a lot more group activities/discussion sessions. Of course, in the upcoming episode it looks like at least 3 of the couples are on a group activity, and they get to witness Jamie and Elizabeth's dynamic first hand. I don't really like the whole living together in the same complex experiment. It just seems a lot more generic, and I wonder if it feels like "playing house" to them more than having their own place that they picked out and decorated together would.

That's so cool that you saw AJ! Him buying 2 coffees is a good sign 🙂 Seems like he and Steph are doing well and enjoying life.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, gingerandcloves said:

That's so cool that you saw AJ! Him buying 2 coffees is a good sign 🙂 Seems like he and Steph are doing well and enjoying life.

Yes, it is!

Apparently, they have a (shared) social media page (I don't remember where, but it's open to public followers).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Apparently, they have a (shared) social media page (I don't remember where, but it's open to public followers).

They do - it's stayj_mafs on instagram. I gotta say, they seem really happy and their IG is very interesting - they travel a lot and always look like they are having a good time together. He was very extra last season, but maybe it really was just the cameras and show? Either way, I'm glad they are doing well together - she is an awesome chick and deserves to be happy.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I lost my virginity at 24 on my wedding night, and I was definitely reaching an age where it was starting to feel wierd to be a virgin. My parents instilled a fear in me of premarital sex so that was my excuse. Dating was 10x harder for me as a 22, 23, 24 year old virgin than other girls who were sexually active with their boyfriends.  My mother told me I would be a slut if I had sex before marriage.

I had a LOT of nice, cute, decent guys want to date me, then reject me when I told them I wouldnt have sex before marriage. Which I respected. When I met now-husband at 22, he was 24 and had been a major player in our social circle. But after a while, he agreed to wait for marriage. But I was an ACTUAL virgin, meaning had never seen "one of those things" before. He waited. Which took 18 months. He still reminds me of that long wait years  later. I would NEVER go on this show as a virgin- puts the man on the spot and will for sure be an rejection if he cares about his reputation on national tv. 

OMG .. are we related?  Sounds like we had the same Mother.  Same everything except I was 22 when married after two long years of being a good girl, lol.  It was very hard, believe me.  Before marriage, we went to Canada and I got 2 rooms, can u believe?  What a dope I was.  We are married a long time, and I still wonder if I missed anything as I only know one man.  Did I ?  Is there a big difference?  Maybe I should go and have an affair.  I’d have to go on a site “Broken Down Seniors”.  Hahahahahaha

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

OMG .. are we related?  Sounds like we had the same Mother.  Same everything except I was 22 when married after two long years of being a good girl, lol.  It was very hard, believe me.  Before marriage, we went to Canada and I got 2 rooms, can u believe?  What a dope I was.  We are married a long time, and I still wonder if I missed anything as I only know one man.  Did I ?  Is there a big difference?  Maybe I should go and have an affair.  I’d have to go on a site “Broken Down Seniors”.  Hahahahahaha

HAHAHA maybe we are sisters. Yes. I also sometimes wonder what sex with other guys would be like as I have zero clue beyond my husband. "Broken down Seniors" I cant ...

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 8/17/2019 at 10:16 PM, lids said:

Does anybody else think the dice game Iris and Keith played was from the previous episode when they played games with the fishbowl, etc.? When they went to dinner in that earlier episode, Iris said she just wasn’t in the right place to play those sex games. I think her change in attitude came after Keith said her virginity was a problem at that dinner and then she agreed to do the edible glitter, but they just showed the dice game in this episode. They show so many things out of order.

When Greg was telling his story about his father coming to America and taking a second wife, then Greg, as the son, turns his life around and ends up opening a school to teach math to disadvantaged youth, I was thinking: where have I heard this before? That’s when I realized Greg’s story is kind of a mix between T’Challa and KillMonger. What I’m trying to say is... Greg is Black Panther. Deonna hit the jackpot.

Well of course he’s a sex maniac.  His wife walks around half naked with dresses up to her who- ha.  What man wouldn’t be?

• LOL 2