Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Bitsy made The Soup with some of her finest word salad regarding the President holding a cup of coffee and saluting, even the two bookends sitting next to her were scratching their collective heads.

Joy will be on Meredith's show Friday .

I have found Sherri's legs rather freaky looking for some time but that pic may just give me nightmares.

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 4

Bitsy made The Soup with some of her finest word salad regarding the President holding a cup of coffee and saluting, even the two bookends sitting next to her were scratching their collective heads.

She tweeted something about latteghazi a couple of days ago asking her F&F followers if it was "#ALatteDisrespect or #aLatteHype." *eyeroll* The responses were predictable - crazy, hyperbolic RWNJ hate and faux outrage. In other words, your typical Fox viewers.

• Love 1

"We had fighting rumors for seven years. As long as you sit on the couch and the audience loves you, who cares what happens backstage? As long as the end product is what people like and can digest, you can fight all you want to backstage. I'm a product of fighting, you get through it. You sit at that table and smile. No matter what's going on."

Thanks for the link just above, BennyB.  Nowhere does Sherri say that she and her View co-hosts did NOT fight.  She just mentions favorable(?) "end product."  Most of us didn't buy that "we all love each other" pablum preached to us for decades.

• Love 4

"We had fighting rumors for seven years. As long as you sit on the couch and the audience loves you, who cares what happens backstage? As long as the end product is what people like and can digest, you can fight all you want to backstage. I'm a product of fighting, you get through it. You sit at that table and smile. No matter what's going on."

Thanks for the link just above, BennyB. Nowhere does Sherri say that she and her View co-hosts did NOT fight. She just mentions favorable(?) "end product." Most of us didn't buy that "we all love each other" pablum preached to us for decades.

Welp, on the one hand it's refreshing to see one of them be somewhat honest for a change about what goes on, but on the other hand she's wrong or at a minimum deluding herself in her assessment that what happens backstage doesn't carry over onto the stage and right through the camera. She has a pretty high opinion of herself and a pretty low opinion of the audience if she really believes they were fooling anyone.

On another note, Bill Maher took a couple of swipes at Bitsy on his show tonight. Let's just say he finds her intellect to be...well...rather lacking.

• Love 8

Oh goodie, Stephen and Bill both in one week - hahaha.  But, hey, she's bringing in pretty good money for talking nonsense - as in nonsense that makes no sense, not even the topic which is nonsense, too.

Weird pic of Sherri with her legs overly crossed and leaning and pushing in on her waist.  In that pose, she kinda looks like handicapped people I know. 

• Love 1

Thanks for the link springtime.

I find it hilarious on so many levels.

"as long as you sit on the couch and the audience loves you....." She does indeed have a fan base but imo her non-fan base is larger and I think she should have changed her image a little. She never processed why some weren't fans and more important to main reasons why not.

"When I did The View I didn't get to act. I'm an actress. I'm getting back to my roots." Well, she knew she wouldn't be acting on the show when she got the job and she evolved into a stand-up comic. (Not that she hasn't always done some standup. We saw what can happen when the 2 are blended into Whats Poppin, lol. My point is just she should say she is both because she really is.

But the best for me is BW saying "You need to do more acting." Reminds me of BW's statements like "now that's a baby." Mainly because SS has been a character actress in a lot of movies and tv shows. Before and during The View.

I taped Meredith's show when I noticed joy was going to a guest. Great seeing them both together and they had a friendly, genuine interaction. I was very surprised though that almost all of Joy's anecdotes I had heard before (I guess either on The View, Joy's old shows on Cable networks, or when she was on talk shows). Perhaps she is saving new stories for her one- woman show, but rehashing the old stories was disappointing. It was kinda like hearing Barbara telling her same tidbits for the 50th time - my skinny friends use their forks and just push food around on their plates, Michael Douglas and I have the same birthday, I told my daughter she was born in my heart, etc).

• Love 3

I taped Meredith's show when I noticed joy was going to a guest. Great seeing them both together and they had a friendly, genuine interaction. I was very surprised though that almost all of Joy's anecdotes I had heard before (I guess either on The View, Joy's old shows on Cable networks, or when she was on talk shows). Perhaps she is saving new stories for her one- woman show, but rehashing the old stories was disappointing. It was kinda like hearing Barbara telling her same tidbits for the 50th time - my skinny friends use their forks and just push food around on their plates, Michael Douglas and I have the same birthday, I told my daughter she was born in my heart, etc).

I agree. Couldn't understand why she told those old stories unless she figured she was reaching a new audience who had never heard them. She is, however, the same age as I am (old) and we oldtimers do forget and repeat ourselves.

• Love 4

If anyone comes across a clip of Maher discussing Elisabeth, could you please post it? I know his show is a podcast on like Monday but I'd rather see it.

Nothing to see really. They we're just brief little swipes and they occurred at two different points in the program. In the first, he was discussing something stunningly stupid that some other Fox woman said and as an aside he mockingly said that she must be for the viewers who find Elisabeth Hasselbeck TOO intellectual. The second was just a quickie during New Rules where he made a crack about the woman who claimed she got a third boob and in referencing 'three boobs' they showed a photo of Doocey, EH and Kilmeade.

• Love 2

DangerousMinds, Joy used to have a shows on a couple differnt channels but no more. she mentioned on Meredith's show that she has been working on, and testing new jokes for, a live one- woman show she'll be doing. She didn't go into detail if the show is a done deal (I'd guess she'd mention where it would be for those interested I. Buying tickets) or if it would be just in NYC or if she'd tour with it.

I did really like her as an interviewer and think that is a major strength for her. That being said, if she came to my town, i would probably not buy a ticket to see her do stand up. I found her funny and quick on the show, but she did get a bit corny and spout off "older" one-liner humor.

I wasn't able to see her own shows, but I did see her fill in for Larry King on his CNN show a couple of times.  I thought she was excellent & would have been the best choice to take over when he retired.

• Love 2

I have seen the three previous TV (ha!) versions of this show Julie Andrews with Jon Cypher, Lesley Ann Warren with Stewart Damon (swoon) and Brandi and I have to say I love the music - especially the waltz "10 minutes ago." I would have loved to see the Prince and Cinderella singing it, but I have no interest at all in seeing Sherri.

I happened to be at a restaurant for lunch that had Meredith's show on and I caught Sherri's appearance.  Her usual schtick if you ask me.  Still making jokes about paying alimony to two ex -husbands.

• Love 1

Yep...Sherri dancing out -check

Screaming out jokes during hot topics -check

She further said as a single mother she rarely goes out (check) Jeffrey, bla bla, bla - when she was recently in Atlanta she was taken to a stripper show. Sigh

She also gave all the audience members 2 tickets to Cinderella. Evidently theysimply can't fill the small theater up even with slashed ticket prices at $39 and all of SS's endless promotion.

In other news Bill O'Reilly simply was not buying into Fox and Friends this morning at their complete shock at Obama giving a latte-salute, or the fact (fact I tell you) of using a Styrofoam cup in this day and age of environmental PC. He basically just shrugged his shoulders. Hilarious! Poor widdle Elisabeth.

• Love 2

This just in. Generalissimo Franco is still dead, and Elisabeth is still an idiot. This is her on Ebola. 

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/elisabeth-hasselbeck-demands-to-know-why-medical-expert-isnt-panicking-over-ebola/#ooid=5lZDZ0cDrXSiWYX3H7gwi7SG6lP2R43K

This is a woman who once (or maybe a few times) told us that what was keeping her marriage together was "fear of divorce" and who loves to perpetuate the idea that terrorists are lurking around every corner, so do you THINK she's in a panic about Ebola? Oh you bet. But what's amazing about this video as that these three dummies don't seem to comprehend what the doctor is patiently trying to explain to them.

I don't even mean this as a joke, but I think these morons are beginning to lay down the foundation for a ridiculous "Obama is to blame for Ebola" storyline.

• Love 6

That interview with Bitsy was weird. Her last question, "is it irresponsible to not screen people coming off a plane?" Yep, as Mumbles said, is two steps away from asking why isn't the president stopping the spread of Ebola by having mandatory checks at airports?

I also noticed she has a phone or tablet on her lap, that she glances at during the interview. I wonder who is feeding her questions.

• Love 2

This just in. Generalissimo Franco is still dead, and Elisabeth is still an idiot. This is her on Ebola. 

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/elisabeth-hasselbeck-demands-to-know-why-medical-expert-isnt-panicking-over-ebola/#ooid=5lZDZ0cDrXSiWYX3H7gwi7SG6lP2R43K

This is a woman who once (or maybe a few times) told us that what was keeping her marriage together was "fear of divorce" and who loves to perpetuate the idea that terrorists are lurking around every corner, so do you THINK she's in a panic about Ebola? Oh you bet. But what's amazing about this video as that these three dummies don't seem to comprehend what the doctor is patiently trying to explain to them.

I don't even mean this as a joke, but I think these morons are beginning to lay down the foundation for a ridiculous "Obama is to blame for Ebola" storyline.

Sigh, she's an idiot, but I know this may shock, laughs... Douchey's question about checking temps upon arrival for those folks traveling here, isn't a bad idea.  Party of one over here. (and no, I'm not panicked, but it is a somewhat logical idea since travel does take quite a bit of time from these countries.)

I remember old bitchy having the same hissyfits a few years ago when the flu vaccinations were running low.

Laughs, at least she didn't excoriate all vaccinations! ;)

First of all Elisabeth was, is and will always be an idiot. Nothing will ever change that.

Second, Sherri's claim that she never goes anywhere is ridiculous. She tweets all the details about her flying all over the country.  She is NOT a stay at home mom.  Stay at home mom's do not work outside the home.  Sherri is performing on Broadway, not her living room.  Sherri has comedy gigs in clubs, not her living room.  Sherri has acting roles in movies not filmed in her living room.  I am absolutely sick to death of Sherri acting like she is just your typical single mom struggling to provide for her son.  Her saying she did such and such job and now she can pay for Jeffrey's school tuition is such bullshit when she will then post a pic of the latest $500 shoes she bought. 

• Love 11

When I was watching Meredith yesterday - Chris Meloni was a treat - I thought that maybe if I didn't know Sherri from The View that I might find her likable and funny.

Alas, we'll never know, because The View was the first I saw of her.  I think that ponytail wig is supposed to look hip and young.  Again, alas.

First of all Elisabeth was, is and will always be an idiot. Nothing will ever change that.

Second, Sherri's claim that she never goes anywhere is ridiculous. She tweets all the details about her flying all over the country. She is NOT a stay at home mom. Stay at home mom's do not work outside the home. Sherri is performing on Broadway, not her living room. Sherri has comedy gigs in clubs, not her living room. Sherri has acting roles in movies not filmed in her living room. I am absolutely sick to death of Sherri acting like she is just your typical single mom struggling to provide for her son. Her saying she did such and such job and now she can pay for Jeffrey's school tuition is such bullshit when she will then post a pic of the latest $500 shoes she bought.

TRUTH!

Sherri is what a lot refer to soap opera characters who lie: she's a Lying Liar Who Lies. Sherri being a real person, technically, embodies this phrase.

• Love 2

Second, Sherri's claim that she never goes anywhere is ridiculous. She tweets all the details about her flying all over the country.  She is NOT a stay at home mom.  Stay at home mom's do not work outside the home.  Sherri is performing on Broadway, not her living room.  Sherri has comedy gigs in clubs, not her living room.  Sherri has acting roles in movies not filmed in her living room.  I am absolutely sick to death of Sherri acting like she is just your typical single mom struggling to provide for her son.  Her saying she did such and such job and now she can pay for Jeffrey's school tuition is such bullshit when she will then post a pic of the latest $500 shoes she bought.

This is typical Sherri - the mouth engages before the brains!

• Love 1

Cinderella review

As for Shepherd, she gets laughs but looks as if she’s somewhat holding back — you wish she loosened up a little, especially since Douglas Carter Beane’s script has plenty of one-liners for her to exploit.
We need more freestyling, like the high-pitch squeak with which Shepherd delivers the word “feet” in her line “Did you see her feet?” — commenting on Cinderella’s fabulous footwear, of course.

http://nypost.com/2014/10/02/keke-palmer-sherri-shepherd-step-into-cinderella/

While I understand that the show is making things confusing (Nene taking over for Sherri in Nov, the show ending in Jan and a touring version soon to hit the road)

I noticed that many people ask Sherri (on Facebook) *where* they can see the show.- hopefully they know about Broadway!

• Love 2