Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

So I wonder, does every press release about Sherri mention all the View co-hosts by name?

I wouldn't be surprised if he posted that whine on FB because Sherri asked him to.  Sherri seems to me to be the type to have Google alert any time her name is mentioned.

And now that I'm thinking about it I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't somehow turn into a "feud" between Joy and Sherri.  The article Jawn Murray referenced mentioned a press release by Joy's people.  Sherri will do anything to keep her name in the news.

What's strange about his reaction to Joy's press release is that it sounds like her show is meant to be autobiographical, and talks about her experiences hosting The View, specifically alongside BW and EH.  It's quite possible that Joy specifically mentions those two women in the stories she tells in her shows, but doesn't mention Sherri or Whoopi or whoever else Jawn is complaining about being missing from the description.  Before jumping to conclusions that something is racist or unfair, he may want to get some actual information about her show.  It really does seem like he's looking for attention for both himself and Sherri by starting some beef with the NY Times.

So I wonder why Sherri feels the need to post this on Twitter??!!

Must admit that girl had/has the moves & what a cute little figure!!!

Ah, the 80s. That was hilarious!

I have no doubt Sherri posted it because, if you look very closely, towards the end an old promo bug pops up on the screen for The Newlywed Game with a big old picture of Sherri. After all, it is all about Sherri, right?

• Love 4

So I wonder why Sherri feels the need to post this on Twitter??!!

Probably because Rosie is dressing a lot differently these days and coming across as a fun and real person on The View. And Sherri is confusing growing up, older, and changing with it being some sort of "lie" as in "looky here, Rosie isn't what she appears to be today." I take it as a passive aggressive attempt to try to shame her or something while totally being oblivious to the fact that she, Sherri, presents her body first in every appearance she makes on TV. Bottom line, I think she is jealous and trying to bring her down. Perhaps Rosie will address this old video on some future episode of The View or better yet ignore it completely.

• Love 6

What is there to address? She was a dancer-- that's how she got her start. And she ultimately became a successful choreographer. If memory serves, she did the choreography for the Fly Girls on In Living Color back in the day. She's certainly never been afraid to talk about that and never pretended to be someone different. If Rosie P was still dressing like she did 30 years ago on Soul Train, that would just be sad.

• Love 8

1. Sherrie may have meant it as a compliment, but linking the Rosie P video on her Twitter does seem like a little bit of a dig. That being said, rosie P. Was indeed sexy then, her dancing launched her career, and she is still sexy now. More Importantly, as a person she has EVOLVED in a positive way. She discusses things intelligently, has a big heart for other people, is actively involved in fundraising, community and giving back to the world, dresses appropriately for her current job, has a broad and unique life experience to draw from and exudes authenticity. These qualities are what differentiates her from Sherrie.

2. Have been watching Lisa Lings "This Is Life" show on CNN. Good stuff, check it out if you haven't already.

Edited by CathInAZ
  • Love 4

Does she know that Paige is a man?

I wondered that too when I saw this.

Sherri just seems to be beyond desperate to book anything. It just seems she gets in her own way though.

• Love 1

This is hilarious.

This was the tweet that went along with that video.... it is possible that Sherri was not hating

I love Miss @rosieperezbklyn on @TheViewtv but I have watched her since her #SoulTrain days... hot now & hot then

Oh, Sherri was definitely hating.  It's called passive-aggressive hate.

• Love 2

This is hilarious.

Oh, Sherri was definitely hating.  It's called passive-aggressive hate.

Sherri, and Wendy Williams, recommend Rosie  for the cohost  job. .Why would she hate her? She always speak postive of Rosie on other talk shows, and radio interviews.

Edited by fgoldberg
  • Love 4

Rosie Perez said on Larry King she watched The View when Sherri was on because she is friends with her. It wasn't hating on Perez at all; dancing is going to look ridiculous decades later.

• Love 3

Perhaps she had the stick up her ass removed.

Sorry, I know...low hanging fruit. Couldn't resist. Obviously whatever it is, it's none of our business and hopefully the recovery is speedy and drama free.

OMG!! I was just gonna type this  hahahhahaa

• Love 3

The photo makes me uncomfortable.....like SS is a ticking time bomb emotionally. It's hard for me to explain...but shouldn't Sherri be happy rather than so need-ily grateful? Or am I missing something?

I'm assuming this is the first time Whoopi and Sherri have seen each other since Sherri's last day on the show. Whoopi said today that she didn't alert Sherri (or anyone else) she was going to attend the play.  It was a total surprise and Sherri was obviously moved to tears.

• Love 1

Just read Elisabeth had surgery and will be off for a few weeks. She wants to keep the reason for the surgery private.

I bet it was a face-lift, or some other type of plastic surgery.  

The thing is, when it's a conservative, they want to keep shit private and everybody just says, "okay, she wants to keep it private."  If it were someone like Rosie O'Donnell, they'd swear the woman was in rehab or something and they'd be all over TMZ trying to find out what happened.  Hell, conservatives lost their shit when one of President Obama's daughters wore her hair in twists.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6

The thing is, when it's a conservative, they want to keep shit private and everybody just says, "okay, she wants to keep it private."

Oh yeah.  How many times have we seen a Right Wing politician going through a scandal and ask for "privacy during this trying time"?  Puhleez. If it was Rosie, or hell even Whoopi I guarantee Fox News would be speculating all kinds of shit.  Saying what is she trying to hide, what is she covering up?  Blah blah blah.

I don't think it's plastic surgery.  I think if it was Fox would just say she is on vacation. 

• Love 1

Elective surgery would happen during a vacation or a planned break (no mention needed)

Exactly.  Of course all the speculation keeps her name in the news.  I'm sure when she comes back on the air she will share everything with Fox viewers.

I'm sure when she comes back on the air she will share everything with Fox viewers.

Not necessarily. Until now, I don't think she's shared whatever happened with little Isaiah when he was first born. She has mentioned a health scare and hospital stay, but to my knowledge, has never said why.

Bitsy has family members who have had breast cancer, so my mind quickly went to that area.  While I'm not a Bitsy fan, I still wouldn't wish that (or similar) on anyone...Karma IS a bitch, after all.

I had to laugh this morning, tho, as I was flicking through the early morning shows, because it took a couple of minutes before I realized it wasn't Bitsy sitting on the couch.  Those Foxbots all look alike, but this morning's fill-in was a clone!

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 3

Not necessarily. Until now, I don't think she's shared whatever happened with little Isaiah when he was first born. She has mentioned a health scare and hospital stay, but to my knowledge, has never said why.

No, I don't think she ever did share exactly what the problem was when he was born, although it must've been fairly serious if they kept him for a couple of weeks and he was full-term. About a month ago she did share a photo on her Instagram and Twitter of him as a three week old newborn with his poor little arm strapped to a board with IV lines. She said he was struggling for every minute. She paired that photo with a current happy and healthy looking photo. Much as I love to hate Bitsy, I don't wish that kind of scare on any parent.

Do people really wear sports jerseys and hoodies to Broadway shows now or just Whoopi?  Good grief.

It's mainly tourists who dress up.  But it also depends on if the show is in the evening or a matinee.  I've been to several Broadway shows (NYC) and I rarely dress up, never worn a hoodie though but I have worn sneakers, after all, I have to go home on the subway.

Bitsy has family members who have had breast cancer, so my mind quickly went to that area.  While I'm not a Bitsy fan, I still wouldn't wish that (or similar) on anyone...Karma IS a bitch, after all

Breast cancer was my first thought also.  She is under no obligation to tell anyone what surgery she had but like it or not she is in the public eye and the fact Fox News released the fact that she had surgery people are going to wonder why.

And yes Tunia, karma is a bitch.  I'm just saying......

• Love 1

Looks like Jenny is busy alienating another group of people. Glad she is off the show!

http://huff.to/1xXnxRV

What  a moron. 

I've only been to 3 Broadway shows in a few decades (west coast) but surprised how many in the audience are very casual. They seem to dress up more here in Seattle and we're pretty casual.

It's mainly tourists who dress up.  But it also depends on if the show is in the evening or a matinee.  I've been to several Broadway shows (NYC) and I rarely dress up, never worn a hoodie though but I have worn sneakers, after all, I have to go home on the subway.

Oh well, like maggiemae, the only Broadway shows I've ever seen are as a tourist so that may explain it.   I still think Whoopi dresses like a slob 95% of the time though 

• Love 1