Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Accidentally, flipping channels this am and came across a repeat of MV's talk show.  Is it just me or is that program a real snooze?  Does it have a show page here, somewhere?

Thought I read previously (above) that it did but I haven't located it.  Well, I'll change the channel much faster next time, lol!

• Love 1

I haven't tried to watch MV's show after the premiere as much as I like her personally. It seemed like a Ellen ripoff and I can only watch so many celebrity interview shows even though I've read she has other segments on there too. The set kinda felt claustrophobic too. I miss the talk shows like Donahue, Geraldo (before he went completely nuts), Oprah (the early years), Sally Jessy and etc. that had real people on them. Not the crazy ones like Jerry Springer or Jenny Jones.

• Love 2

She has her nerve making  a remark about Rosie showing her feet and talking about depression, at least she did not get in stirrups and get waxed or into a bathing suit and talk about her uterus and the gyrations it was doing with every good looking guy in view.  Low class. I had to turn it off she talks so ignorant.

• Love 9

She has her nerve making  a remark about Rosie showing her feet and talking about depression, at least she did not get in stirrups and get waxed or into a bathing suit and talk about her uterus and the gyrations it was doing with every good looking guy in view.  Low class. I had to turn it off she talks so ignorant.

I didn't watch the whole thing. We all know Sherri's reasoning behind making light of depression would be she's a comic.  She's ignorant is a better description.

• Love 5

Here is an article on her appearance. Wow. http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/806524

She's probably pissed about Rosie's remark about being amazed/appalled at Sherri's "I don't know if the world is flat." remark a few weeks ago. But dayum, don't mock the idea of having depression. And if Nicolle Wallace is her favorite kind of Republican because she can change her mind, what does it say about Bitsy?

As for Sherri's parade of horribles on this show, I will add her simulated hand/blowjob on a piece of exercise equipment (shake-weight)as a particular low.

She comes off as bitter. She really should just shut up. This cuts into her story that it was her idea to leave. If she really wanted to start a new chapter, she wouldn't keep revisiting this.

• Love 6

Here is an article on her appearance. Wow. http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/806524

She's probably pissed about Rosie's remark about being amazed/appalled at Sherri's "I don't know if the world is flat." remark a few weeks ago. But dayum, don't mock the idea of having depression. And if Nicolle Wallace is her favorite kind of Republican because she can change her mind, what does it say about Bitsy?

As for Sherri's parade of horribles on this show, I will add her simulated hand/blowjob on a piece of exercise equipment (shake-weight)as a particular low.

She comes off as bitter. She really should just shut up. This cuts into her story that it was her idea to leave. If she really wanted to start a new chapter, she wouldn't keep revisiting this.

Ienjoyed her interview, and so did Robin.BEAUTIFUL smile with what she is going through.

I'm so glad Sherri is pretty much a non-entity, which says a lot considering she was on TV daily for seven years. The sad part is I'd probably like her if she'd never been on this show. Now, everytime she makes a joke (even on the newlywed show), I know it's just her way of making an ignorant point in a way that nobody can respond back to her. "Comedy" is just an excuse for her to use.

This is why celebrities really risk hurting themselves by joining shows where they're on camera for a long period of time, revealing their real personality.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 2

I don't think SS hates RO. She mentioned on Wendy Williams that she like RO very much and is thankful to RO because RO helped her when she first signed on at The View, RO told SS what she made(money) and what SS should ask for. SS said that helped her because people just don't talk about what they make and that was very helpful. She also said they tease each other she mentioned all of Rosie's ailments.

I think what Sherri's problem is, she thinks she is way funnier than she is.

• Love 5

I believe that Bitsy's participation in Sherri's wedding was purely for show.My bet is that it was ginned up by the producers as a way to sell an "we all love each other" myth, as well as to humanize Bitsy. I also wonder if production envisioned a running series of features with Bitsy and Sherri doing wedding prep things. They never came to be, probably because Sherri inked a separate deal for a wedding special on another network (in which Bitsy appeared briefly.). In any event, Sherri did a bunch of stuff with her wedding party - dance lessons, bachelorette parties, trips to some resort - none of which Bitsy participated in. She even left Sherri's pre-wedding party because a male stripper arrived (can't say that I blame her, but it was her friend's party.)

The best part was Bitsy was the only co-host that showed up.  Which I thought was only because she was in the wedding party. 

no one has submitted anything yet

Ha! 

Here's "our girl" making a fool of herself (again) on GMA!!!

Thanks for taking one for the team and posting this Medicine Crow.  Ah, the perks of being a celebrity - she admits she can't sing but yet has a part in a Broadway musical.  Maybe it was a stunt cast to draw some ticket buyers but really how many real singer/actresses would have loved to have that part.  

Here is an article on her appearance. Wow. http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/806524...

...She comes off as bitter. She really should just shut up. This cuts into her story that it was her idea to leave. If she really wanted to start a new chapter, she wouldn't keep revisiting this.

I agree she should just shut up about The Spew since she seems so bitter but I don't think she can - since I suspect her time at The View was the only reason she was invited to be on GMA, or get the Broadway part for that matter.  Admittedly, I don't watch GMA but how many supporting actors on Broadway does Robin Roberts interview?  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

It was definitely just stunt casting.  NeNe Leakes is going to do the role too, or already did I can't remember.

I just find it astounding how unfunny Sherri is.  

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 6

I seriously doubt RO told SS what she made on The View although I think she did mentor SS in the hiring process. What a nice way to honor RO Sherri. Especially with her "impression" of RO. Twice. Way to out her kid for wetting the bed as well....

I had to lol they didn't allow Sherri to walk on stage and had her seated.

• Love 5

Rosie may have offered her advice, but there's no way that Sherri could have asked for anything close to what Rosie must have been making. Rosie had hosted an extremely popular talk show that had wrapped up a few years earlier and was a known quantity. Sherri was just not a household name.

On her own webpage, someone asked Rosie what she thought of this performance by Sherri, commenting that it wasn't nice and wasn't funny. Rosie responded: "I FOUND IT ODD."

• Love 6

Wow. That clip. Sherri didn't even try to do an impression of Rosie, didn't try to mimic her expressions or voice. She just shouted stuff. It seemed very mean-spirited.

Sherri has this manic, pressured quality to her speech a lot recently. Shouting, hyper, talking too fast, and always with a HUGE fake grin.

Mentioning her son wetting the bed is wrong. All kids have some embarrassing "secrets" that they don't want shared with anyone outside the immediate family. When your mom tells your secrets to the world it feels like the ultimate betrayal.

• Love 9

Sherri seems a bit manic and overly "up" and smiley during that interview. She's commented in the past that she's known for her smile but sometimes that huge grin with abnormally white veneers is just out of place.

I would hope that some people on Twitter are holding her accountable for her insensitive, inappropriate comment when listing ailments that "I've got depression". That ( mental illness) is not something to joke. She would be incensed if someone did that about her son's ailments. Of course, she would probably just delete anyone commenting negatively about her awkward interview so no one would see them.

• Love 2

Ienjoyed her interview, and so did Robin.BEAUTIFUL smile with what she is going through.

Sorry, but I have to strenuously disagree. Robin is always the picture of graciousness but she was clearly very uncomfortable with Sherri's manic antics and mean-spirited digs at Rosie's health. While I agree that Sherri's natural smile is beautiful, the unnatural smile she has had plastered on her face for months is too big, too manic and frankly a little scary.

I saw some reaction to the GMA appearance on Twitter, all of it negative and using words like "bitter" and "sour grapes." And, of course, Rosie herself was not amused.

Clearly Sherri is not self-aware enough to discern the difference between people laughing because something is truly funny and the awkward, uncomfortable laughter of people who are thinking "wow, that was embarrassing and I can't believe she went there." Personally, I don't think Sherri's media blitz is doing her any favors. The more she's out there "unplugged" the worse she looks IMHO.

• Love 10

A view of Sherri's interview on GMA

https://us.beamly.com/exclusives/2014/10/28/sherri-shepherd-lashes-new-view-co-host-rosie-odonnell/?utm_source=facebookads&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=sherrirosie

Seems that Sherri Shepherd is still pretty peeved about getting booted off The View! The former co-host threw some major shade at current co-host Rosie O’Donnell — and the show itself — in a recent appearance on ABC’s Good Morning America.

She also added that she’s “having the best time of her life” these days.

Sorry, Sherri. But we don’t believe you

Edited by springtime
  • Love 6

NeNe Leakes is going to do the role too, or already did I can't remember.

Shhhhh, it's coming up and it just hurts me deep that it's going to happen.  People study and train for fucking years to be in the dayum chorus and then Broadway pulls shit like this. grrrrrrr.  Stunt casting actual actors/singers/dancers that are not natural theatre people is one thing, famewhores is on a whole other level and it makes me sick.

...steps off the mother with a child training in this soap box

• Love 4

I would hope that some people on Twitter are holding her accountable for her insensitive, inappropriate comment when listing ailments that "I've got depression". That ( mental illness) is not something to joke. She would be incensed if someone did that about her son's ailments. Of course, she would probably just delete anyone commenting negatively about her awkward interview so no one would see them.

Well, the only comment she's retweeting is one that she praises for "getting the joke":

https://twitter.com/SherriEShepherd/status/527159487959142400

Totally agree with how she'd react if someone had "joked" about her son's challenges. Or, replace "diabetes" for "depression" in her "joke", and see how funny she finds it. Her comment about depression is especially bad because there are some ignoramuses out there who don't think it's a real illness - perhaps she is one of those ignoramuses.

I actually do think that we as a society are getting pretty thin-skinned, but it's not funny to joke about someone's illness.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 6

Meanwhile, Jenny's show Dirty Sexy Funny launched on Sirius this week.  I don't want to know how she managed to get Deepak Chopra on her 3rd day.

Because he shills all that integrative (read expensive supplements) medicine shit that she "believes" in.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 2

Well, the only comment she's retweeting is one that she praises for "getting the joke":

https://twitter.com/SherriEShepherd/status/527159487959142400

Totally agree with how she'd react if someone had "joked" about her son's challenges. Or, replace "diabetes" for "depression" in her "joke", and see how funny she finds it. Her comment about depression is especially bad because there are some ignoramuses out there who don't think it's a real illness - perhaps she is one of those ignoramuses.

I actually do think that we as a society are getting pretty thin-skinned, but it's not funny to joke about someone's illness.

She thinks Rosie "got the joke?" Um…No. Rosie gets that SS was *trying* to be funny, but Rosie was not amused. I find it interesting for someone who is supposed to be a professional comic to fall back with some regularity on this excuse that other people just didn't get the joke. No hon, we got it with crystal clarity. You're just not funny.

• Love 10

That's definitely what she thinks, and mocking what she thinks is stupid rather than thinking about it is the way she works. She also doesn't think overeating is an addiction, another thing I remember her rolling her eyes over when Rosie O had that interview during the Year of Barbara. She's just so awful. I don't wish bad on her, but I'm so glad she's not on daytime TV anymore.

• Love 7

This is very similar to when Sherri was on with Clinton Kelly on that cooking segment, and she was being manic and hyper, singing and shouting out random "Uh huh, that's what I'm talking about", interrupting and calling attention to herself.   

When she was criticized, her response was that people "didn't get the joke."

• Love 8

. She's just so awful. I don't wish bad on her, but I'm so glad she's not on daytime TV anymore.

Me too. The fact that she even has the career she has plays into my belief in a random universe.  Sure, she has great dental work and is a moderately talented one note supporting TV actor but I see more talented people perform at my community theater all the time.  Whatever Sherri Shepherd does next it, I won't be watching.  Kind of like Bitsy; if Elisabeth Hasslebeck has to be anywhere I'm glad it's safely ensconced with her own kind (two other morons) on a show that plays in the middle of the night here. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 8

I actually have boots that look like that.  Although I'm sure mine were a lot cheaper than Sherri's.  My son and daughter-in-law call them hooker boots.  LOL.  I don't however walk 20 city blocks in them.

Edited by susieq147

OMG...listened to JM's talk show on Serius about having been on TV.....SS said she watched the first few episodes but on Wendy Williams said she watches all the time.

Man....you can barely hear SS the audio was badly done. Seriously? On Serius?

Jenny misses the light heartedness on TV.

I don't know if anyone else is watching Lisa Ling's new show on CNN but it's been really interesting and informative about topics sort of on the edge.  I only caught a few of her OWN shows but they were always incredibly informative as well.

She seems to be the one previous co-host that really came away from The View shining.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 7

Sherri on Mario Lopez' radio show

http://www.onwithmario.com/media/podcast-interviews-interviews/sherri-shepherd-25507319/

She gets so loud- He says "Don't get mad at me" lol

Same old dreck, different day.  Could only listen for a minute, but obviously Rocco is paying her to flog his diet.

I don't know if anyone else is watching Lisa Ling's new show on CNN but it's been really interesting and informative about topics sort of on the edge.  I only caught a few of her OWN shows but they were always incredibly informative as well.

She seems to be the one previous co-host that really came away from The View shining.

Yes Nextiteration, I'm fascinated with her & whatever she reports on is very interesting.  Always tape her show.

I don't know if anyone else is watching Lisa Ling's new show on CNN but it's been really interesting and informative about topics sort of on the edge. I only caught a few of her OWN shows but they were always incredibly informative as well.

I think Lisa Ling is fantastic. I was sorry to see her leave the show but have been delighted to see her success (both career and personal) since.

• Love 2

For the record CathinAZ, I wasn't correcting you.  :)

I know at least one of those forums was recently added and I wanted you guys to know they were available.