Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I'm a big fan of Lisa Ling.  I watched and loved all the Our America series.  Now I'm enjoying This is Life.  However, when I went on the This is Life forum, I was surprised to see a lot of negative comments.  Maybe I will start posting positive comments over there.

I don't know if CNN is trying to launch a new talk show, but I was flipping through the channels on Saturday and came across this panel chatting:  Sunny Hostin, Mel Robbins, Margaret Hoover and Sally Kohn.  Surprisingly good talk.  Sunny kept it toned down and the other three are very smart women. (Sorry, if this is off topic, I know Sunny was not really a prior host).

• Love 1

I'm looking forward to seeing Joy on the show tomorrow I admit I'm also curious to see how a former co-host visit is handled. I'm sure she'll mention her show, LOL!  http://www.cherrylanetheatre.org/onstage/me-my-mouth-and-i/

Is this good marketing by Sherri?

https://twitter.com/SherriEShepherd/status/528673972187979776

I'm really looking forward to seeing Joy tomorrow & happy to see she has a show going on.  Good for her!!!

Wow!!  Sherri's picture looks like something from "Hooker for Hire"!!!

She has absolutely NO common sense -- Zip -- Squat -- None!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 2

You know, speaking of Sherri's Twitter....I have to admit I was wrong about it. A lot of people months ago were griping that her Twitter was incredibly self-promoting, braggy, etc. At the time I blamed her then-manager (He Who Shall Not Be Named), but it's just as bad, if not worse, now than it was earlier in the year. EVERY positive tweet about her that she gets from her fans she re-tweets. She must constantly search for tweets that mention her name (I don't use it, so there may be programs etc that she can run to mine references to her) and then bam, there they are on her Twitter.

I know that Twitter is a promotional tool so I get why she would use it to promote appearances, products, etc. And I get that she's in a play that needs an audience, so I would understand a tweet here and there (although I'd be really surprised if there's anyone out there not aware that she's in this thing by now). But the constant barrage of re-tweets from her fanbase is just too much. She comes off as incredibly needy at best, unbearably conceited at worst.

• Love 3

You know, speaking of Sherri's Twitter....I have to admit I was wrong about it. A lot of people months ago were griping that her Twitter was incredibly self-promoting, braggy, etc. At the time I blamed her then-manager (He Who Shall Not Be Named), but it's just as bad, if not worse, now than it was earlier in the year. EVERY positive tweet about her that she gets from her fans she re-tweets. She must constantly search for tweets that mention her name (I don't use it, so there may be programs etc that she can run to mine references to her) and then bam, there they are on her Twitter.

I know that Twitter is a promotional tool so I get why she would use it to promote appearances, products, etc. And I get that she's in a play that needs an audience, so I would understand a tweet here and there (although I'd be really surprised if there's anyone out there not aware that she's in this thing by now). But the constant barrage of re-tweets from her fanbase is just too much. She comes off as incredibly needy at best, unbearably conceited at worst.

Twitter has notifications. It's sort of like here, where you are notified someone liked or quoted a post you've made. I'm sure it's the first thing she checks. I have to wonder sometimes about her tweets though. Perhaps she dictates them to someone because sometimes words aren't spelled the way you'd think she would spell them. A recent example is humour instead of humor.

• Love 2

I have to wonder sometimes about her tweets though. Perhaps she dictates them to someone because sometimes words aren't spelled the way you'd think she would spell them. A recent example is humour instead of humor.

Interesting observation. Maybe it's a PR team who's been doing this (and there's a new Canadian on the team who's using Canadian/UK spelling :) ). If so - it's backfiring, their client is coming off poorly.

"It's sort of like here, where you are notified someone liked or quoted a post you've made."

Really?! I didn't know about this notification thing...but not sure how useful it would be for me.

Edited by CuriousParker
Fixed Quote
  • Love 1

Really?! I didn't know about this notification thing...but not sure how useful it would be for me.

CathinAZ -  scroll up  -  right below "Shows, features, forums'  there is a little envelope - that is for your messages.   The bell is for notifications.   A red number shows up if you have notifications.  click on it, and it will show you who liked or quoted you recently.   There should be a "like" from me, I liked your post so you can see how it works.

But the constant barrage of re-tweets from her fanbase is just too much. She comes off as incredibly needy at best, unbearably conceited at worst.

Sherri is just big enough of a celebrity that she definitely has developed a very obnoxious ego but not big enough of a celebrity that the ego doesn't need constantly fed.  I'm sure Sherri realizes her fame could go away quickly if she doesn't keep herself in the public eye.   I personally think she could have a nice career playing supporting roles on TV and movies like she did before the View but she seems intent on trying to brand herself like a Kardashian or something.

• Love 2

She's done it for years, long before Sal entered the picture. She loves to retweet people who praise her. The gushier the tweet the better, and, unlike the vast majority of celebs who take the time to respond to a few of their fan tweets, she rarely if ever bothers to publicly thank them for the compliment. She just wants everyone who follows her feed to see only the compliments. It's extremely tacky and desperately self-serving. On occasion I've been tempted to tell her so, but I just couldn't work up the "give a sh*t" to bother.

• Love 5

She's done it for years, long before Sal entered the picture. She loves to retweet people who praise her. The gushier the tweet the better, and, unlike the vast majority of celebs who take the time to respond to a few of their fan tweets, she rarely if ever bothers to publicly thank them for the compliment. She just wants everyone who follows her feed to see only the compliments. It's extremely tacky and desperately self-serving. On occasion I've been tempted to tell her so, but I just couldn't work up the "give a sh*t" to bother.

Exactly!!.  Bigger & better people than you & me have told her "the name of the tune", but she refuses to comprehend!!!

Sherri is promoting a movie she did with Chris Rock. She calls it "our movie". I don't know how big her part is, I guess we'll find out eventually.  She chose this clip, NOT from the movie: https://twitter.com/SherriEShepherd/status/529222127828754432

Chris stirred up up controversy on SNL by mentioning the Boston Bombings and 911 in his monologue- and ISIS was addressed in a skit- you'd have to be a comedian to call them "funny"

As for "our movie"- Many celebs are in it ( including Whoopi ). Sherri's name is not mentioned in this review

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/review-top-five-tiff-2014-118

so I would guess her part is quite small.

Edited by springtime

Sherri is promoting a movie she did with Chris Rock. She calls it "our movie". I don't know how big her part is, I guess we'll find out eventually. She chose this clip, NOT from the movie: https://twitter.com/SherriEShepherd/status/529222127828754432

As I understand it, she has a tiny role in an ensemble group in one scene. Rock's character takes the reporter back to his old before-he-was-famous neighborhood and they meet a group of his old friends. Sherri plays an ex-girlfriend in that group. Blink and you'll miss her.

• Love 2

So, predictably, she's just jumping on the controversy of Chris Rock's performance on SNL.  ::eyeroll::

It would seem like that. Why attach a clip that's not related to the movie? Two birds with one stone, perhaps?

I don't wish any serious illness on Elizabeth or anyone. I admit when first read on here about her absence my first thought was she's probably having some invasive surgery (abdominal related to her intestinal issues or "woman" issues) which she would completely recover from and that she was stretching a one week recoup period an extra week or so to have some home time with her kids over Halloween. Also that she might take advantage of the down time and even show up with a "refreshed" face....

As the daughter of a Mom who had breast cancer, I hope that's not what she is dealing with.

Edited by CathInAZ
  • Love 1

Saw Joy on the show. Nice seeing her, but she recycled some of her lines and schtick....would have been nice to have heard some new stuff from her. Barbara Walters' old friend Cindy Adams (Page Six columnist for the New York Post) mention Joy's show that is opening soon and ended with a sentance saying she and Barabara would be at Joy's opening night. I'll bet Barbara is VERY curious to hear what Joy says about The View and Babs!

I'd love to know what percentage of Joy's show will contain lines and old stuff we've already heard from her in the past, what percentage is updated NEW comedy stuff, and what percentage is dishing about behind the scenes stuff from her years on The View. Anyone on these boards live near NYC and planning to see the show?

• Love 4

I'll bet Barbara is VERY curious to hear what Joy says about The View and Babs!

I'd love to know what percentage of Joy's show will contain lines and old stuff we've already heard from her in the past, what percentage is updated NEW comedy stuff, and what percentage is dishing about behind the scenes stuff from her years on The View. Anyone on these boards live near NYC and planning to see the show?

I'm not expecting anything juicy.  Seems like her non-disclosure contract would preclude that.   

Cedric the entertainer was on Morning Joe today...... he was talking about the Chris Rock movie. He was asked about all the famous people in the show and he rattled off a big list, including Whoopi..... but the one he missed... and probably for good reason..... was Sherri.... her name didn't come up..... I wonder if she will tweet about it

• Love 1

Cedric the entertainer was on Morning Joe today...... he was talking about the Chris Rock movie. He was asked about all the famous people in the show and he rattled off a big list, including Whoopi..... but the one he missed... and probably for good reason..... was Sherri.... her name didn't come up..... I wonder if she will tweet about it

Interesting omission given that apparently she was just cast for the next season of his Soul Man show.

• Love 2

I just saw Ditzy/Neicy Nash on the Chew, had not really had to experience her before. No wonder she & Ditzy Sherri are friends, they could be twins by their lack of intellect & actions!!!

She is ditzy, but I love her work on "Getting On."  That is a great little show and it has been renewed.  She is all stripped down in the show and she has a lot of depth. Something I've not seen in Sherri's acting.  

• Love 2

dumbdownus....I saw The Chew today as well. I simply cannot imagine being in the same room with those two (Sherri and Niecy.) No mention of Sherri on The Chew joining the cast for 10/12 epis either, lol.

Wait, what?  Sherri is going to be on The Chew?  How did that happen I wonder? 

• Love 1

Nope...Sherri is joining the cast of Soul Man for 10 of 12 episodes next year.

NN was on TC today. Cedric the Entertainer was on Morning Joe the other day, didn't mention SS, nor did NN today. Cedric is also not mentioning SS being in Top Five either, and he is.

Sorry for the confusion....I can't seem to keep the non-mentions in order, lol.

I think SS would be persona-non-grata on TC after the way she treated Clinton on TV. Both ABC shows.

• Love 2

Nope...Sherri is joining the cast of Soul Man for 10 of 12 episodes next year.

NN was on TC today. Cedric the Entertainer was on Morning Joe the other day, didn't mention SS, nor did NN today. Cedric is also not mentioning SS being in Top Five either, and he is.

Sorry for the confusion....I can't seem to keep the non-mentions in order, lol.

I think SS would be persona-non-grata on TC after the way she treated Clinton on TV. Both ABC shows.

Oh phew!  I often catch The Chew on Fridays and I just couldn't picture Sherri Shepherd on that ABC show, with Clinton of all people.  And of course then I would have to boycott The Chew - especially if they gave her 10 episodes!    Luckily, I don't watch Soul Man so I guess my TV can continue to remain Sherri-Free, which frankly I don't think will be that difficult, lol.  

• Love 1

SS threatened Clinton What did she say?

Not threatened  It was the way she treated him.  The Chew was on The View and they cooked a dish together

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1k4kpg_the-view-sherri-and-clinton-kelly-cook_news

Sherri's party planner came to see Cinderella- Look at the enormous rose arrangement he sent to her dressing room!!! I want a party planner!

https://twitter.com/SherriEShepherd/status/530905360928751617/photo/1

Not threatened  It was the way she treated him.  The Chew was on The View and they cooked a dish together

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1k4kpg_the-view-sherri-and-clinton-kelly-cook_news

Sherri's party planner came to see Cinderella- Look at the enormous rose arrangement he sent to her dressing room!!! I want a party planner!

https://twitter.com/SherriEShepherd/status/530905360928751617/photo/1

Oh thanks, yes I saw her cooking weirdness with him. I wasn't watching The View by then, but I surely saw the clips on here.