Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

For people not familiar with Broadway, it's not such an outrageous question. The show is going on a national tour so maybe people have seen local ads and think that's the show Sherri is in.

There are reports that Barbara Walters' friends fear that she is suffering from dementia, but the original report comes from the "National Enquirer", so I don't know why sites like radaronline are supposedly taking this at face value.

Barbara's possible dementia has been discussed for quite a while now.

Sadly, for some who may believe that, may say "we all knew here" as BW did face to face to Elizabeth Vargas on the show about her alcoholism.

• Love 4

There are reports that Barbara Walters' friends fear that she is suffering from dementia, but the original report comes from the "National Enquirer", so I don't know why sites like radaronline are supposedly taking this at face value.

Because the National Enquirer and Radar Online are OWNED by the SAME PEOPLE!

• Love 5

This just in. Generalissimo Franco is still dead, and Elisabeth is still an idiot. This is her on Ebola. 

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/elisabeth-hasselbeck-demands-to-know-why-medical-expert-isnt-panicking-over-ebola/#ooid=5lZDZ0cDrXSiWYX3H7gwi7SG6lP2R43K

This is a woman who once (or maybe a few times) told us that what was keeping her marriage together was "fear of divorce" and who loves to perpetuate the idea that terrorists are lurking around every corner, so do you THINK she's in a panic about Ebola? Oh you bet. But what's amazing about this video as that these three dummies don't seem to comprehend what the doctor is patiently trying to explain to them.

Ha!  That was hilarious.  Bits hasn't changed at all in the 10+ years she's been on TV.   She is bound and determined to be in a panic about ebola. 

Babs having signs of dementia?  I think anyone who watches this show would probably say that's old news.  Sorry National Enquirer. 

• Love 3

Well, this is so lopsided that either the Fox bookers were asleep at the wheel (or secretly hate Bitsy). They set up Bitsy to interview Dr. Anthony Fauci, a world reknowned immunologist, about Ebola. It went as well for Bitsy as to be expected.

http://fortressamerica.gawker.com/uppity-doctor-is-having-none-of-hasselbecks-ebola-borde-1642976766/+laceydonohue

At the end of the show they had a former soldier who threw out a pitch at the Nationals game. The thing is, he threw the pitch as if he was throwing a grenade (on his stomach, hiding behind the pitcher's mound.) In the interview we learned that this guy has done a stint or two at Walter Reed. I found the guy to be lovely and a gentle soul, but the display at the game was rather bizarre, and I question why the team went through with it. On one hand, it's nice to give this guy the opportunity to do something he wanted to do. On the other, frankly it seemed like the guy might not have been all there.

But needless to say, these idiots ate it up because, of course, all things military are awesome, especially when you and your family aren't directly affected.

• Love 4

Well, this is so lopsided that either the Fox bookers were asleep at the wheel (or secretly hate Bitsy). They set up Bitsy to interview Dr. Anthony Fauci, a world reknowned immunologist, about Ebola.

Seems to me that they might secretly hate Dr. Fauci -- hope he survived the interview (could not bring myself to watch).

Seems to me that they might secretly hate Dr. Fauci -- hope he survived the interview (could not bring myself to watch).

He was a champion... slapped down the fear mongering and explained why Elizabeth's ideas would not work..... it was worth watching

• Love 6

Fauci: A closing of our borders? I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by that…

LOL.  Elisabeth was throwing around the Fox (immigration) buzz words, i.e., closing borders and ports.  

I liked that he explained to her patiently how many nations and peoples are in West Africa.  I still hear people refer to Africa as a country.  

Elisabeth should be warning people about getting their flu shot.  Thirty-five thousand people per year die of the flu.  

• Love 4

Finally, Elizabeth couldn't get away with saying stupid stuff and being ignored. Dr. Fauci was great, he didn't let her get by with her silly faux buzz words. I was reading the transcript below the clip and she had a moment of word salad. The transcript ignored those words and picked up after she started talking in complete sentences.

• Love 2

Dr. Fauci was great, he didn't let her get by with her silly faux buzz words. I was reading the transcript below the clip and she had a moment of word salad. The transcript ignored those words and picked up after she started talking in complete sentences.

The smack down of Bitsy was epic, reminded of the Zbigniew Brzezinski "stunningly superficial" smack down of Joe Scarborough.

• Love 5

I just read the transcript accompanying the video linked above & it is heartening.  Especially liked this comment from a reader with a low opinion of Fox News & its core audience:

What kind of viewer would possibly seek information from a woman whose single professional qualification is having once been on a reality TV program, parlayed into a talk show stint where she was well known for being a shrill dumbass?

• Love 8

Yikes!  Her voice still grates like nails on a chalkboard to me.  

I love the Nicolle said exactly the opposite of Bitsy today on the show and basically what the doctor said.    

Elisabeth is still a complete dumbass [a partial ban on the borders???] but with worse hair and extra fake eyelashes.   I see she still does the "Sure, sure" while someone else is talking.  At least she has learned to keep her manhands off camera. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7

LOL! Well according to Sherri she will, "give my hilarious View on all things female!!!!" , oh boy!!

I know mid-level celebs like Sherri need to sell themselves but I find Sherri's self-promotion on Twitter very tacky.  And does anyone really want to hear her views on female issues?  *crickets*  Anyone? *crickets*

• Love 4

Sherri seems to be making the rounds of all the talk shows.   I predict that after Cinderella, when she has nothing to pimp, she will be off the radar again.  I believe she has a minor role in the two movies she is in with Chris Rock and Kevin Hart (?) so I don't think she will be out with the stars promoting those movies.  

• Love 1

Sherri seems to be making the rounds of all the talk shows.   I predict that after Cinderella, when she has nothing to pimp, she will be off the radar again.  I believe she has a minor role in the two movies she is in with Chris Rock and Kevin Hart (?) so I don't think she will be out with the stars promoting those movies.

Oh I'm sure she will be on Twitter promoting her movies.  Making it sound like they are Sherri Shepherd movies and not Chris Rock/Kevin Hart movies.

And without any projects to promote I can just imagine all the tweets that will be forthcoming.  It seems like whenever Sherri has downtime she spends it on Twitter. 

I'm still curious if elizabeth and kids ever made it to see her in the play. It seems like sherrie would have certainly tweeted about it, while liz may be a bit more discrete and not put it out for public consumption. maybe she is waiting for a school holiday day to go?

• Love 1

I'm still curious if elizabeth and kids ever made it to see her in the play. It seems like sherrie would have certainly tweeted about it, while liz may be a bit more discrete and not put it out for public consumption. maybe she is waiting for a school holiday day to go?

IMHO, Sherri is just a pile of dust in Bitsy's rear-view mirror.

• Love 7

Sherri tweeted her asking her to go, very personal LOL!

Couldn't watch Sherri on Dr. Oz because there was a press conference regarding the hunt for a man that killed a State Trooper and wounded another here. According to her, she was hilarious though............

• Love 2

Happened to catch Sherri the Buffoon on Dr. Oz today and can't, for the life of me, figure out why she was there...she added absolutely nothing to the segment she was involved in, and it could have easily been presented better without her.  Basically, she "sat in" on a 3-doctor discussion about anti-oxidant smoothies, gave her opinion about skinny celebrities (and seemed to equate Bethenney Frankel with pregnancy), and fondled butt implants (and asked if she could take the samples home with her).  She must have one hell of an agent, but it just looks like a desperate ploy to keep her face in front of the TV audience.  Oh, and she did introduce herself as "one of the 'STARS' of Cinderella".

"Hilarious"?  NOT.

See part of it here:  http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/that%E2%80%99s-what-she-said-top-female-doctors-set-record-straight

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 2

I know mid-level celebs like Sherri need to sell themselves but I find Sherri's self-promotion on Twitter very tacky. And does anyone really want to hear her views on female issues? *crickets* Anyone? *crickets*

Tacky indeed. Look, she needs to self promote. I get that. But the way she has always gone about it is particularly obnoxious and self aggrandizing. It's one thing for someone else to describe a comic as "hilarious." It's quite another for that comic to describe themselves that way. Tacky.

• Love 3

Happened to catch Sherri the Buffoon on Dr. Oz today and can't, for the life of me, figure out why she was there...she added absolutely nothing to the segment she was involved in, and it could have easily been presented better without her.  Basically, she "sat in" on a 3-doctor discussion about anti-oxidant smoothies, gave her opinion about skinny celebrities (and seemed to equate Bethenney Frankel with pregnancy), and fondled butt implants (and asked if she could take the samples home with her).  She must have one hell of an agent, but it just looks like a desperate ploy to keep her face in front of the TV audience.  Oh, and she did introduce herself as "one of the 'STARS' of Cinderella".

"Hilarious"?  NOT.

See part of it here:  http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/that%E2%80%99s-what-she-said-top-female-doctors-set-record-straight

Good way to put it - BUFFOON.  she was on for the first segment - about 10 minutes.  

She's introduced as having a question for the doctors, and her question is along the lines of - I'm starring in Cinderella on Broadway, 8 shows a week, and I need more energy - what can I do to give myself more energy?  (a smoothie, of course)

In a talk about skinny-shaming, there were two photos, one of a celeb who was thin after having a baby.  A panel of female doctors discussed how some women  lose weight easily, it's not fair to shame women for being too skinny if you don't know them.  Sherri SHOUTS, about the photo "She dint ha no BABY!"  She acted stupid, but since the other women were all doctors, she seemed even more stupid by contrast.  everything she said, she delivered at full volume, in her most shrill voice, with bug-eyes and overdone expressions. 

Oh  - and a joke about how she "lost"  180 pounds.  She got rid of her HUSBAND!  (who I thought she used to brag about because he weighed 250) 

Then she ends with ANOTHER plug for Cinderella. 

• Love 4

Thanks so much for taking one for the team backformore.

OTOH....not sure why Sherri is so devoid of energy since she rarely does EIGHT shows a week. Now Keke...yes!

And why would she even be on this panel today with those topics, or any topic for that matter?

• Love 1

Oh backformore, you put it so much better than I.  One other thing:  How'd ya' like her shimmying out like a vertical worm to get on set?  Classy.

And, yes, I meant to snark on her comment of her "losing 180 pounds" by getting rid of her husband.  Now I'm sorry, but there's no freakin' way that Sally weighs in at 180.  But is she still referring to Huzzband #1?  As is sung in Frozen, "Let It Goooooooooooooooooo"!

• Love 1

Oh no! She shimmied out to sit with the panel of doctors and sucked down the smoothie?

Hate to ask...but did the other doctors get a "walk on?"

They let her shimmy out so she would have less time to talk!

Dr Oz has been a support of Sherri- he even watched Jeffrey one day- Jeffrey had no school and Sherri had to work  (The shows are/were filmed in the same building)

Edited by springtime

As someone who absolutely loves shoes I think those shoes are wrong for that dress. 

And maybe it's just me but I did not think Kristin Cavallari and Bethanie Frankel are too skinny.  I do think Frankel was ridiculous for posting a pic of her wearing her daughters pajamas.  However, I disagree with Sherri, there is nothing wrong with a woman losing her pregnancy weight after giving birth.  Sometimes it's genetics and sometimes a new mother diets and exercises to get back to her pre-pregnancy weight. Sherri sounds like a hater.

• Love 1

As someone who absolutely loves shoes I think those shoes are wrong for that dress.

And maybe it's just me but I did not think Kristin Cavallari and Bethanie Frankel are too skinny. I do think Frankel was ridiculous for posting a pic of her wearing her daughters pajamas. However, I disagree with Sherri, there is nothing wrong with a woman losing her pregnancy weight after giving birth. Sometimes it's genetics and sometimes a new mother diets and exercises to get back to her pre-pregnancy weight. Sherri sounds like a hater.

There was once an interview, I'm pretty sure it was Demi Moore, who was being interviewed and a comment was made about how quickly she got in shape after childbirth, and a hint that she was a role model for other women because of it. She was asked her secret. Her response was amazing - that she HAD to get in shape because it was part of her job. Then she said she had a trainer to make her exercise, a nanny to help with the baby, a housekeeper to clean up, a cook to help her eat right. She said the real role models were women taking care of children without all the staff she had, and that holding her up as a standard of what women "should" look like was wrong. Because being a mother was about so much more than losing weight.

I wish that would be part of the dialog today about the issue. There's too much emphasis on getting back to pre-pregnancy appearance, when pregnancy changes your body in so many ways.

I also think the issue with Bethany f was not skinny-shaming, it was the ridiculous way she was BRAGGING about fitting into her daughter's Pjs.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 6

Joy has a one person, off Broadway Show staring in November- so View fans can see both Sherri and Joy when in NYC!

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/10/01/joy-behar-solo-show-to-run-off-broadway/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_php=true&_type=blogs&module=BlogPost-Title&version=Blog+Main&contentCollection=Arts&action=Click&pgtype=Blogs&region=Body&_r=1

Sherri's friend Jawn Murray is not happy with the press release's mention of Joy's years on The View:(he posted on Facebook)

Apparently, The New York Times REALLY has a problems with... I'll just say "diversity." In a story about Joy Behar's new Off Broadway show, here's how they referenced Whoopi Goldberg, Sherri Shepherd & Star Jones: "her 16 years on “The View” alongside Barbara Walters, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and others." In a piece about theater, you think the writer for what some feel is the most prestigious newspaper in America would have referenced at least Whoopi (she won a Tony Award on Broadway) and Sherri (currently starring in "Cinderella" on Broadway) better than "others."

Apparently, The New York Times REALLY has a problems with... I'll just say "diversity." In a story about Joy Behar's new Off Broadway show, here's how they referenced Whoopi Goldberg, Sherri Shepherd & Star Jones: "her 16 years on “The View” alongside Barbara Walters, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and others." In a piece about theater, you think the writer for what some feel is the most prestigious newspaper in America would have referenced at least Whoopi (she won a Tony Award on Broadway) and Sherri (currently starring in "Cinderella" on Broadway) better than "others."

Meredith, Rosie, Lisa Ling weren't referenced either.  So what?  Does Sherri's friend really think this was a race thing?  And I got news for Jawn Murray, Sherri probably isn't known to as many people as he (and probably Sherri too) think. 

The more and more I think about it this pisses me off.  A friend of Sherri reads a story about Joy Behar having a show off Broadway and he someone makes this all about Sherri?  WTF?

Edited by susieq147
  • Love 11

A friend of Sherri reads a story about Joy Behar having a show off Broadway and he someone makes this all about Sherri?  WTF?

I guess he's a good friend. Sherri was able to do the same on ANY topic.

• Love 2

Meredith, Rosie, Lisa Ling weren't referenced either. So what? Does Sherri's friend really think this was a race thing? And I got news for Jawn Murray, Sherri probably isn't known to as many people as he (and probably Sherri too) think.

The more and more I think about it this pisses me off. A friend of Sherri reads a story about Joy Behar having a show off Broadway and he someone makes this all about Sherri? WTF?

Right cuz if I were a Greek-American I would be really pissed that Debbie Matenopoulos wasn't mentioned either. WTF indeed. So should every former and current cohost who Joy ever worked with over 16 years be offended that they weren't mentioned in a one paragraph blurb about Joy or just the African-American ones? What an idiot.

• Love 4

So I wonder, does every press release about Sherri mention all the View co-hosts by name?

Isn't that guy Sherri's best friend or something? Idiot birds of a feather...

I wouldn't be surprised if he posted that whine on FB because Sherri asked him to.  Sherri seems to me to be the type to have Google alert any time her name is mentioned.

And now that I'm thinking about it I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't somehow turn into a "feud" between Joy and Sherri.  The article Jawn Murray referenced mentioned a press release by Joy's people.  Sherri will do anything to keep her name in the news.