Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

LOL - her ALS water was in the hot sun, she adds ice and immediately and then pours it over her head. What a wimp.

http://instagram.com...eQu/?modal=true

OMG-  Immediately is right! Someone else (Grace?) added the ice- The ice didn't sit in the water at all- I would say that the cubes didn't even have a chance to reach the bottom of the bucket! lol

She never shows her face and the video immediately ends (isn't the reaction the best part)

Typical Elisabeth.  Always looking to take the easy shortcut.  And I loved how some of the posters called her out on it.  One asked "how do we know it wasn't hot water"  and another simply said "fraud". 

• Love 4

The water couldn't have been cold at all-- the ice melts as soon as it hits the water in that video. Pfft, it probably wasn't her anyway. She probably just did a VoiceOver.

• Love 1

Elisabeth is a true Republican.  Wants all the glory without having to do anything for it.  And I would bet if she was still on the View she would be screaming "Why hasn't President Obama taken the challenge."

• Love 4

who the hell shoots a video of someone talking and NEVER shows the person's face??!??

She is so clueless on so many levels.  I thought maybe she didn't want to show herself without makeup but when she bends down she's got those big-a$$ sunglasses on so no one would see her face anyway… Then she pours the water over her head, the glasses probably flew off making her look doofy.  What a twit.

• Love 4

So I watched a little bit of Fox & Friends this morning (don't judge!). I always thought Elisabeth was a really pretty woman, but this morning she just looked awful!!! Her hair is beyond fried, it almost looks neon for how blonde it is, and her face just looks so haggard. It doesn't help when, while her cohost speaks, she gives this blank stare into the camera. It's so awkward! Oh, and 1 year at this job and she still sucks on all fronts - interview skills, voice inflection, being too dramatic at times, engaging her guests, etc.

• Love 3

So I watched a little bit of Fox & Friends this morning (don't judge!). I always thought Elisabeth was a really pretty woman, but this morning she just looked awful!!! Her hair is beyond fried, it almost looks neon for how blonde it is, and her face just looks so haggard. It doesn't help when, while her cohost speaks, she gives this blank stare into the camera. It's so awkward! Oh, and 1 year at this job and she still sucks on all fronts - interview skills, voice inflection, being too dramatic at times, engaging her guests, etc.

I think they call that particular shade "Foxbot Blonde" since they all seem to sport a variation of it. At least they force her to keep her roots in check unlike her unfortunate all too frequent two toned View do.

It's funny that you mention her odd blank stare into the camera. I noticed that as well in clips I've seen. Instead of simply looking at the person who's speaking, which would be the normal thing to do, she gets this blank, doll-eyed, pinched face look either straight into the camera or sort of drifting slightly off to the side of the camera. It's bizarre. It's like her brain, such as it is, slips into neutral in those moments. An understandable reaction whenever Steve Doocey or that other guy are speaking I'll grant you, but still very odd.

• Love 5

I watched it. It wasn't bad. She had Jennifer Lopez on and played a game with her and Hoda Kotb. Then she had on these young ballerinas that are disabled, and allowed them to perform then surprised them with the news that they will perform in Lincoln Center (their dream). It was sweet.  And her family was in the audience.

• Love 3

I loved Meredith on The View but this new show isn't meeting my expectations.  I have watched all 3 shows and have decided that I will only watch in the future if she has an interesting guest.  So far it is a mix of 1 guest to interview, a heartwarming story of someone overcoming adversity,  and a couple of silly games.

• Love 3

I know I am being shallow, but I could not get past Meredith's cheeks.  What in god's name did she inject - golf balls!!

But good golly miss molly, really, the cheek implant to beat all implants?

I like her , I do, but can we get someone who is real and entertaining and smart and who doesn't overdo the plastic surgery? 

My money was on Meredith to be that person because she is charming, engaging and smart and yet...we have the golf ball cheeks.

Meanwhile, let me struggle with the golf ball implants in her cheeks and see if I can overlook them enough to watch.

• Love 1

I loved Meredith on The View but this new show isn't meeting my expectations.  I have watched all 3 shows and have decided that I will only watch in the future if she has an interesting guest.  So far it is a mix of 1 guest to interview, a heartwarming story of someone overcoming adversity,  and a couple of silly games.

I am a big Meredith Viera fan.  But, even though this show made me tear up the first two shows, this show is missing the mark.  It doesn't have a spark.  It is just shy of being really good.  It is not must-see tv.   But I will give her a couple of months to find her way.  Not giving up yet.

• Love 2

I'm FFing through the games also - don't like them on Ellen either.  But I am enjoying the stories from real people - just so much better than kardashian news.  The makeover for the paralized athlete left me in tears.  Wish we had a separate forum for her....

You can create one for her new show if you want. Just go to New Show Forum request on this site.

I know I am being shallow, but I could not get past Meredith's cheeks. What in god's name did she inject - golf balls!!

But good golly miss molly, really, the cheek implant to beat all implants?

I like her , I do, but can we get someone who is real and entertaining and smart and who doesn't overdo the plastic surgery?

My money was on Meredith to be that person because she is charming, engaging and smart and yet...we have the golf ball cheeks.

Meanwhile, let me struggle with the golf ball implants in her cheeks and see if I can overlook them enough to watch.

I would guess that Meredith has had little or no cosmetic work done. It's really not her style. Her cheeks have always been a very prominent feature.

mhL0x5Q.jpg

• Love 6

Thanks for the pic TribbleTrouble.

They still look like implants to me - and I can't believe I never noticed them before this.  My problem with this stuff is that I get focused on them once I notice them.  My problem not hers.

An audience member's review of Cinderella from broadwayworld.com

Just got back and I have to say Keke was great. Her Cinderella was not so much pure innocence and kindness as Osnes, but more of a kindness that came from the struggle of dealing with Madame after her father's death. She was more "kill them with kindness" rather than innocent. It worked well for her though. Her voice struggled a little with "In my Own Little Corner" as it seemed like she couldn't decide to use a breathy voice or a supported one. After that though her vocals were great. You can tell she is not yet completely comfortable with the lifts, or in her case jumps as you could see she did not completely trust Joe Carroll to lift her in "Ten Minutes Ago" but thats to be expected early in the run. What makes her great though are her facial expressions. She has such an emotive face, that you could be deaf and still follow along with her. Now I am not say that she had crazy overblown facial expressions and was over acting, but rather you could feel and understand her simply by looking at her. If you ever say her Tru Jackson VP, you understand what I am saying. You could also tell how much fun she is having in the role. She is loving every second of being on stage, and I hope to see back on Broadway soon originating a role.
As for anyone who wants to know about the stage door. She takes pictures and signs for everyone and I mean everyone. She also couldn't be sweeter. When given a compliment she genuinely seemed like she took it to hear. Her parents raised them right.

On a side note about, SHE WHO APPARENTLY SHANT BE NAMED, as was previously reported, she was not there today. No one in the audience seemed to care in the slightest. The audience seemed to be there just for Keke. I feel like this is the exact opposite of Fran and Carly, where the producers thought Carly would bring in the money from the kids, and the parents would be appease by Fran, when in actuality everyone was seeing it just for Fran. Instead I think they thought the parents would want to see the show for SHE WHO APPARENTLY SHANT BE NAMED, and would bring their kids for Keke, but in actuality everyone just wants to see Keke.

• Love 6

I've been checking in on the Broadwayworld message board too. There are a number of comments about Sherri's Cinderella performance...or lack thereof...few of them positive. My personal favorite:

"I love how all the talk is about Keke and not the other new cast member. Maybe if we just ignore the other one, she'll go away. Like Freddy Krueger."

• Love 4

Sherri sounds flat and boring, like she's just reading the lines. especially the scene in which she discovers Gabrielle with John-Micheal and Rips up Cinderella's Dress- Just Flat. She deepened her voice a little, but it doesn't really work.

My personal fav of the Broadway Board comments......

• Love 1

Sherri announced on her Twitter she "lost her voice" this weekend, how did she ever think she could do 8 shows a week, Whoopie had her endurance cased

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd  ·  2h

Congrats @rosieperezbklyn you were great this morning - I lost my voice this weekend but I was screaming “YOU GO GIRL”

• Love 2

This is what Sherri says about her planned appearance

I think I'm suppose to be on @WendyWilliams this Wednesday ... wonder what Wendy wants to ask me #inquiringmindswanttoknow #lawyerssayno

And that, in Sherri's little head, is how NOT TO say something? Such a ditz.

I have DISH and the guide shows her on Wendy Williams tomorrow. I guess it's wrong.

• Love 1

I have Dish satellite also and I just checked it. It says Sherri is on Tuesday and Anderson Cooper is on Wednesday.

But, Wendy's website has the reverse, AC on Tuesday and Sherri on Wednesday:

Wednesday, September 17

SherriShepherd

Cinderella.

The hilarious Sherri Shepherd shares her take on the latest Hot Topics including the drama at “The View,” her Broadway debut in “Cinderella” and her own recent personal struggles.

Plus, find out what comic legend Joan Rivers told Sherri when she left “The View.”

Then, People magazine reveals this year’s most stylish celebrities.

Is Wendy Williams a live show?

I think it's similar to The View in that she tapes live 4 days a week, but because she's fully syndicated it airs at vastly different times in different markets. According to the show's website:

What time and days does Wendy tape?

Wendy tapes LIVE at 10:00 AM, Monday through Thursday and tapes a second show Thursday afternoon at 1:30 PM.

So I guess Sherri will be doing a 10 AM taping and a 2 PM matinee on Wednesday.

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd     ·   18h   

I think I'm suppose to be on @WendyWilliams this Wednesday ... wonder what Wendy wants to ask me #inquiringmindswanttoknow #lawyerssayno

Sherri thinks she is on Wendy's show Wednesday.  Seriously?  She either thinks it's funny to act like she is nitwit or she truly is a nitwit. 

I'm inclined to believe she is an absolute moron but exaggerates it for comic effect.  I still say she is "auditioning" for her own reality show via Twitter.

• Love 3

Well,this is iinteresting. Bitsy was interviewed in Parade magazine, but claims she was misquoted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ehasselbeck/status/511957685219381248

The article she links to is very good. The reporter just reprints her word salad with no attempt to clean it up. She of course gives a lot of lip service to the military, but then betrays a complete lack of empathy with them by comparing her new early hours to just being like in the military. Yep, car service from Greenwich into your highpaying job is just like being in the military. I'm beginning to think the only military people she's spoken with are her friends in the running club charity she's on.

She also claims not to have known (at the time of the interview) who were the new View hosts. Fiddle dee dee. And she refuses to talk about her shitcanning.

• Love 3

Well,this is iinteresting. Bitsy was interviewed in Parade magazine, but claims she was misquoted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ehasselbeck/status/511957685219381248

The article she links to is very good. The reporter just reprints her word salad with no attempt to clean it up. She of course gives a lot of lip service to the military, but then betrays a complete lack of empathy with them by comparing her new early hours to just being like in the military. Yep, car service from Greenwich into your highpaying job is just like being in the military. I'm beginning to think the only military people she's spoken with are her friends in the running club charity she's on.

She also claims not to have known (at the time of the interview) who were the new View hosts. Fiddle dee dee. And she refuses to talk about her shitcanning.

Oh brother. I rolled my eyes so many times reading that saccharine, ass kissing, self-serving dreck I made myself dizzy. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a year at Fox has amped her BSing skills fully into the red zone. That's right Bitz, getting up at 3 AM for your cushy job in television is just like being in the military. Unbelievable. Blech.

• Love 7

Maybe, but it seems ill advised that Sherri would book a talk show appearance at all during what will be her first full 8 show week (assuming she actually makes it to all 8 this time).

Off from Broadway on the 19th and 20th (doing comedy in NJ)  so she won't make it a full 8 shows this week

ETA: it looks like Sherri is going to tweet about The View each day- giving her two cents on the hot topics!

(and I'm not the only one that noticed)

http://www.eurweb.com/2014/09/cant-let-go-sherri-shepherd-live-tweets-during-the-view/

Edited by springtime
  • Love 3