Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I love Rosie, even when I don't. She is just so authentic and whip-smart to boot. Elisabeth may know how to poke the hornet's nest, but she's going to need a puppet master and script writer if it's a full-blown feud she's after.

maybe she wants to be the next donald trump  AKA Dump Truck

• Love 2

Actually she replied to a story ET News posted about Elisabeth trashing Rosie, and Rosie's reply is to both ET and Elisabeth and it says "shocking." I think she's being sarcastic! 

• Love 3

Fake patriotism is the refuge of scoundrels. How outrageous that Bitsy is regurgitating that trumped-up fight from seven years ago. Rosie has done a lot for military families (eg she produced a documentary on how hard it is for the families when their loved one is deployed), and soon will be a military mom herself. Which is more than Bitsy can say. Why didn't Tim enlist, like Pat Tillman did? And from what I can tell, neither her father or her brother served (we would have heard about it ad nauseam if they had.)

Bitsy's idea of "patriotism" is running marathons with her friends from West Point who were lucky enough to get through their service unscathed, unlike the many folks in hospitals or rehab centers who can't run in any "Team RWB" races.

And what is this jibbajabba about Rosie co-producing Babs' farewell episode? Is she just making this crap up?

Part of me thinks she is kind of pissed -Rosie's deal sounds sweet, and this dummy is stuck with two doofuses at 6am interviewing fringe loonies. But part of me thinks she doth protest too much and like everything she does, she's putting on an act. Was it *really* necessary to call in on vacation? Of course Fox loves this shit because it got their dumb show some attention.

I do love her trying to stir the pot with Whoopi. Troublemaker.

Makes me really happy for Rosie. Living well is the best revenge. And Rosie looks happy. That picture of Bits on the dlisted link makes her look wrinkly and crepe-y. She is getting the face she deserves.

• Love 7

Dont forget.... this "patriot" made sure her designs were made over seas (China I think) instead of producing them in America and creating American jobs..... She is as much a Patriot as Faux News is fair and balanced...... it is just a marketing phrase.

• Love 10

I went over to look at Hasselbeck's Twitter. She has been off my radar for the most part and it has been grand. She still up to her old tricks claiming that her kids are decorating a flag cake while listening to the National Anthem. So much bullshit.

my kids at kitchen table having a #ProudAmerican moment ... listening to our National Anthem while making a flag cake! (Mrs. @stevedoocy ) style! @foxandfriends

There is a picture accompanying it of said flag cake.

• Love 4

That summarizes her shallow view of "patriotism." Screw Americorps, voter registration drives, the Peace Corps. Patriotism is running a 10K with some military friends and baking a dumb cake.

• Love 5

Dont forget.... this "patriot" made sure her designs were made over seas (China I think) instead of producing them in America and creating American jobs....

She did nothing of the sort.  I hate ridiculous misstatements as much as I hate Bitsy herself or the deliberate misspelling of Whoopi's name.  EH had NOTHING to do with where her line of clothing was manufactured.  She had no say whatsoever in the matter.  QVC owned the line, and pretty much all of QVC's products are made in China.  QC no longer sells Bitsy's "designs."  They also no longer sell Whoopi's high-end linens collection, which was also manufactured in China.  Sherri's wigs are listed as being "imported." 

If Bitsy cared so much about American jobs (she claimed to be very concerned when she was slamming Obama) she could have made sure she only associated with products made there. She also did infomercials for China-made ab-gliders. Nobody put a gun to her head and made her do these gigs.

I have seen folks on Shark Tank who turn down offers because the offer would require offshore manufacturing and they want to keep their companies local. If it mattered to Bitsy, she would have been more selective in the crap she shilled. Or just not done the deal.

• Love 15

Come on Lava VaVoom this was her clothing line... she wasnt just a spokesperson..... I have no doubt that she could have required the clothes be made in America if that was part of her agenda. I hate when people say these poor celebrities, the have no choice in what they do..... of course they do.... they negotiate contracts before they do anything.... it is all about the money..... they would rather use slave labor and make an extra buck then do the right thing

• Love 12

Interesting Bitsy pulled that doesn't support the troops crap. Rosie's son, Parker, is at Valley Forge military academy and headed to the Citadel. Bitsy can't see the difference between supporting the troops and supporting all wars. I changed over to Fauxnews and thought that was Bitsy at first too. Wow, is the basement full of blonde pods over there?

I'm sure Elisabeth was well aware about Parker. She had to be. Parker has gone to military school for years. This is just her and Fox News stirring up shit as usual. They never miss an opportunity to deride someone for being "unpatriotic" and if it weren't for Rosie Bitsy could have never played the victim role that made her into such a Fox darling in the first place. That's probably why she's still harping on Rosie some seven years later. It's all she's got. I'm surprised they all didn't take pot shots at Rosie for being a lesbian. Every negative thing I read about Rosie usually harps on that fact as if she is unaware of her own sexual orientation or that it is something horrible that she should be ashamed of. 

• Love 9

Here is a story I found about Elisabeth's comments about Rosie on Faux New's Fox and Hounds:

http://dlisted.com/2014/07/09/the-news-of-rosie-odonnell-re-joining-the-view-ruined-elisabeth-hasselbecks-vacation/

I hadn't stopped to consider how Elisabeth might feel about them rehiring Rosie.....this makes it SO much better!

The comments on that particular post are hysterical.  I had to grab the popcorn and my cat is looking at me funny I'm laughing so hard.

• Love 2

C'mon, Roger, get real.  The clothing lines are all owned by QVC -- period.  EH 's input was limited to her designs and her name -- period.  Research electronic shopping a bit and QVC in particular.  I bought from them for years, until they contracted all their lines to Chinese businesses.  I've done my homework and know what I'm talking about.  My statement was based on what I know to be fact, not on what I "think"  might be true.  Bits drew pretty pictures of dresses, etc., signed her name and showed up in PA to shill the finished products.  What happened in between was not her problem.

C'mon, Roger, get real.  The clothing lines are all owned by QVC -- period.  EH 's input was limited to her designs and her name -- period.  Research electronic shopping a bit and QVC in particular.  I bought from them for years, until they contracted all their lines to Chinese businesses.  I've done my homework and know what I'm talking about.  My statement was based on what I know to be fact, not on what I "think"  might be true.  Bits drew pretty pictures of dresses, etc., signed her name and showed up in PA to shill the finished products.  What happened in between was not her problem.

I will concede the point that once she signed with QVC she had no say in the matter..... but QVC wasnt the only player in the game...... If they way she portrays herself was honest and her concern for America was genuine..... then she could have easily found a way to pimp her clothing line and use Made in America a selling point..... but instead... she got a deal with QVC making her goods over seas and putting the money in her pocket.... because as we all know..... her rhetoric is more important than her reality..... that is the way of celebrity.

• Love 13

So true, Mumbles.  If Bits KNEW that Rosie produced BaWa's farewell show, why didn't she say something earlier?  I call bullshit on that one.  Also, as other posters noted, Rosie did make Bits famous. Hopefully, Rosie will refrain from responding and not add fuel to the fire, of Bits so-called fame.  Bits is a nobody, and will find out as soon as a younger, cuter, more articulate blonde comes along to Fauxnews' attention.

And a BIG HAND to Rosie's son, who will not be mentiioned by Bits. 

• Love 1

I doubt EH had control over "her clothing line" but she did sign on most likely knowing where they were made or lacking the sense to do her due-diligence.

And then had the audacity to ask President Obama "WHERE ARE THE JOBS!!!!!?"

• Love 7
Per Elisabeth's Twitter:
my kids at kitchen table having a #ProudAmerican moment ... listening to our National Anthem while making a flag cake! (Mrs. @stevedoocy ) style! @foxandfriends

There is a picture accompanying it of said flag cake.

Thanks for this, GiveMeSpace.  I hope I live long enough (and even care) to read Elisabeth's children's "Mommie Dearest"-type books.

I just watched a clip of EH's call-in to Fox & Friends and was stunned by her VOICE.  Obviously, Fox sent her for voice lessons, because it was a deep voice, nothing like the shrill screeching we all loved to hate from her View days.

Maybe they woke her up for a phone-interview.  This might be what she really sounds like when trying not to be all "bottle-blonde, cute, YOUNG, and perky."

• Love 2
(edited)

Wow, I've been out of the loop for a few days and I've missed so much. 

I can't believe EH called into her dumbass Fox show while she's on vacation ("staycation", whatever). That bitter bitch made such a fool of herself ranting about Rosie's return to The View, even though it's not a done deal yet. What a stupid stunt someone at Fox cooked up and EH went along with it.

I'm still hoping that Fox doesn't renew her contract soon. Wouldn't that be great if that bitch is pissed that Rosie went back to The View and then she (EH) lost her job? Ha ha, that would make my day!

Here's yet another article about Elisabitch's rant:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2686655/Here-comes-The-View-woman-spit-face-military-Elizabeth-Hasselbeck-rails-against-Rosie-ODonnells-rumored-return-revealed-contract-include-BAN-reality-star-hosts.html

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 3

Thanks for posting that link, LuckyBitch. I just wanted say that I am so tired of seeing women stand with their legs like Sherri has them in the pic where she is wearing the black and white striped dress. We all know you are doing it to appear thinner, but all it does it make you look like you have to pee.

• Love 1

Thanks for the Daily Mail link. My quibble is that they refer to Bits as a "pundit." That implies she has her own thoughts and opinions. She does not.

I had forgotten about this:

'Talks about not securing the border,' the conservative commentator ranted. 'Here in comes to The View the very woman who spit in the face of our military, spit in the face of her own network... coming back with a bunch of control ready to regain a seat at The View table.’

First off, what is "talk about not securing the border" mean? Is that supposed to be a joke of some kind? It makes no sense.

And as far as her righteous indignation that Roise "spit [sic] in the face of her own network", it's that network that's inviting her back, so apparently they're not as outraged by this as you purport to be.

Never mind the disgusting exaggeration of "spit[ting] in the face of the military." Rosie's opinions were directed toward the US policy in Iraq. This is a woman who recounted with tears about learning that neighbors' boys had died in Vietnam and seeing disabled kids come home from that war. She felt very deeply for the individuals in the military. More so than little miss Team Red White and Blue.

• Love 5
(edited)

i didn't understand WTF Bits was attempting to say with that "talk about not securing the border" nonsense either. I assumed maybe before she got on the phone that the Fox & Friends people were discussing the border issues and this was Elisabitch attempting to segue into her Rosie rant. As usual, she's a failure at speaking clearly and coherently.

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 3
(edited)

I also liked, "Mark my words... this is the beginning again."  At first I thought she misspoke and had meant to say, "Mark my words... this is the beginning of the end." but then I realized she probably meant, "Mark my words... this is the beginning again of Rosie causing problems," which is a big "No shit, Elisabeth," that's exactly why we are excited and why they hired her back!  Anyways, if you are going to start with "Mark my words," lead into something concrete and declarative.  

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 5
We all know you are doing it to appear thinner, but all it does it make you look like you have to pee.

Oh, GiveMeSpace, I wish we could ridicule this pose every time we see it--on everyone.  It has become the "model" pose for too many.  Who initiated it?  Maybe we can call it Port-a-Potty, Anyone?   

• Love 3

This dumbass is just promo'ing  a competin network's show saying 'she's waiting with interest.'

Elisabeth has been lying all along. We know she was told to leave. It's just that ABC was nice enough to let her run off to fox and  even kept her on until the day she was hired.

This ire about Rosie is really just about herself and how she was treated. From what I've understood Rosie and herself had some kind of rapprochement, which I guess has kind of worn away (or has it)?

Nothing would surprise me it is showbiz after all.

This dumbass is just promo'ing  a competin network's show saying 'she's waiting with interest.'

Elisabeth has been lying all along. We know she was told to leave. It's just that ABC was nice enough to let her run off to fox and  even kept her on until the day she was hired.

This ire about Rosie is really just about herself and how she was treated. From what I've understood Rosie and herself had some kind of rapprochement, which I guess has kind of worn away (or has it)?

Nothing would surprise me it is showbiz after all.

Thanks Brownstone, I learned a new word today!!

Joy has awesomely called Bits out on her bullshit, calling her remarks hateful and calling on Bits to explain the "spit in the face of the military" lie:

http://m.nydailynews...ticle-1.1861863

My poor dog is staring at me, WHY am I yelling: YES, YES, YES at the computer!!! Way to go Joy, you really put it to bitsy to:"explain the "spit in the face of the military" lie:" Awesome :) :)

• Love 5

Joy has awesomely called Bits out on her bullshit, calling her remarks hateful and calling on Bits to explain the "spit in the face of the military" lie:

http://m.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/joy-behar-slams-elisabeth-hasselbeck-rosie-o-donnell-view-comments-article-1.1861863

I somehow missed this post. Joy came up in the All Episodes thread and i just asked what she said and where, but then I Googled and found this:

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/joy-behar-slams-elisabeth-hasselbeck-for-rosie-odonnell-view-comments-2014107

But, the NY Daily News article is better, (with video!), so thanks for posting it, @Mumbles .

Does anyone know what Rosie did that Hasselback sees as spitting upon our military? When I google O'Donnell and military I get Hasselback's statement (and comments about it) and Parker going to military school -- nothing that O'Donnell did to the military comes up. 

spitting upon our military?

I shouldn't speak for Elisabeth but it could simply mean Rosie didn't support Iraq/Af wars?

IMO our response to 9-11 should have been to ID, find, and slaughter the terrorists and anyone who aided them. No trial, no jails - kill them.

I was not interested in occupying an Islamic country (a loosing proposition if ever there was one).

• Love 2

Thank you, former nun, and I can see the point, Brownstone.muir. I suspect Hasselback believes that Rosie's comments about our going to Iraq mean the same thing as "I don't support our troops." I totally disagree with her, but I'm thinking she sincerely believes those two things are the same. 

• Love 2

It's the old "my country right or wrong" brand of patriotism versus the "my country wrong needs me" patriotism.

I'm more the second kind -- and Elisabeth feels that running with a big American flag is the proper way to show love of country.  To criticize means a lack of patriotism, in her view.

My dad is Type A and had a huge fight with my brother for being Type B.  My brother happens to be a Lt. Colonel in the U.S. Army and a member of the Armed Forces triathlon team, basically doing PR for the military.  He doesn't support everything that the military does in defense of this country.  My dad took offense to that.

So, sorry for bringing the personal in, but I can actually understand how people can feel deeply patriotic, yet be diametrically opposite in how they view this country and other patriotic people.

• Love 4

Good article, @Dissy . I like Rosie's replies.

Prediction: next season with Rosie on The View, the people at Fox will definitely being paying attention and watching for anything the slightest bit controversial that Rosie says. They'll discuss it the next morning on Fox & Friends and give EH the platform to attack it and spew her inane garbage. Which makes me think that EH isn't as angry about Rosie's return to The View as I originally thought. In fact, this might even give them a reason to keep her there now. Yet again, Rosie makes EH relevant. Ugh.

• Love 4

spitting upon our military?

My take on it - their famous split-screen fight had to do with Rosie making the point that when U.S. troops go into another country, sometimes that country's people see the US troops as terrorists, NOT as "fighting terrorism".  Rosie wanted people to understand the other point of view.   Bitsy accused her of CALLING the US troops terrorists, and Rosie demanded that Bitsy answer the question

"do you think I think the troops are terrorists?"  or something along that line.  Then the split screen debate.

It was a matter of Bitsy always saying the US troops were "defending our freedom" and Rosie was saying that not everybody sees it that way.  And that sometimes what we do looks to other countries as invading their country, and THEY are the ones "defending".  Since U!S!A!  is Bitsy's religion, she has a hard time with someone questioning the validity of her beliefs. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Good article, @Dissy . I like Rosie's replies.

Prediction: next season with Rosie on The View, the people at Fox will definitely being paying attention and watching for anything the slightest bit controversial that Rosie says. They'll discuss it the next morning on Fox & Friends and give EH the platform to attack it and spew her inane garbage. Which makes me think that EH isn't as angry about Rosie's return to The View as I originally thought. In fact, this might even give them a reason to keep her there now. Yet again, Rosie makes EH relevant. Ugh.

My thoughts exactly.  She'll use this to get herself in the news again.

Edited by GoldDustWoman
  • Love 1

Elisabeth posted a little note to twitter. She stated that she was asked her opinions on Barbara leaving, Jenny and Sherri leaving, and now Rosie joining - and she gave her opinion on each. She also stated that she would never defend Rosie's quote about terrorists (and she included Rosie's quote - I assume she had to look that up). She also said that back after it first happened she called to talk to Rosie and Rosie didn't want to talk to her.

First of all, she did more than just "give her opinion on Rosie joining". She was really vile about it. Secondly, I think having that quote without any context makes it look bad, but I do understand what Rosie was trying to say. That war wasn't like some other wars where the soldiers were fighting against each other in trenches on each side. There were a lot of civilian casualties - which I think is what Rosie was trying point out (although she probably didn't do it in the best way). But I think the real issue came when Rosie point blank asked Elisabeth if she thought that Rosie thought their soldiers were terrorists and Elisabeth wouldn't answer. (Which I think before this entire thing, Rosie and Elisabeth used to hang out together - so to know that someone who you considered a friend thought that about you was a really low blow).

• Love 8

Just found this about some of Rosie's comments on twitter. The good parts are at the end of  article.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rosie-odonnell-responds-elisabeth-hasselbeck

Bitsy Hasselblech surely stepped in it and made a fool of herself once again.  Though I'm quite sure that the mouthbreathers that watch FoxSpews are thrilled to renew this controversy.  They'll be watching from day one of Rosie's return for anything controversial she says.

• Love 2

You can tell all of the backlash EH received after her dumb comments are just eating her up inside, hence why she posted that stupid "note." Bitsy, everyone but you understood what Rosie was trying to say 7 years ago. And she mentions how Rosie didn't want to speak her her after the debacle, yet she doesn't mention how they tweeted each other a few times when Elisabeth joined Twitter, and they were actually pleasant tweets. I don't blame Rosie for not wanting to speak to EH immediately after the split-screen incident!

• Love 3
(edited)

I like that Elisabeth quoted Rosie, because it just really shows how reasonable and empathetic her comments were and not at all "spitting in the face". But it's me reading them in 2014 when it's almost like the Iraq war being a huge mistake is like a foregone conclusion. stillbored is correct in that the real problem was Rosie felt betrayed as a friend.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 4

Oh boy, is that "note" a real piece of work. Between the pink background and the darker pink writing, it reads like an eighth grader's note in math class. Except, of course, the self-serving "#letfreedomring" hashtag. Is she for real? Does she think this is about "freedom"? The Allied Forces liberating Europe...King's "I Have A Dream" speech....Bitsy's psycho rant about a woman getting hired on another network's talk show.

Yet, it kind of makes sense if you guys are right, and I think you are. Rosie symbolizes everything the Fox and Friends' audience hates - an outspoken gay woman from the Northeast.They are going to make so much hay out of this. They already have! "#Letfreedomring" is a rally cry for the kneejerk 'Mercun-fuck-yeah crowd she runs with.

I did laugh at her note when she said she "gave her analysis" when asked about the departures of Babs, Jenny, and Sherri. She brownnosed Babs and mumbled a sentence about being surprised about Sherri (a woman she claims she loves), and I don't remember her saying anything about Jenny.

From the comments on the note, this sounds like it blew up in her face. Even folks who seem to like her are telling her to let it go.

• Love 4
(edited)

"#Momversation"?  Seriously?!?!?!?

Jeez, I wasted SO much time in college classes when I should have been taking Lamaze...

Edited by Qoass
  • Love 1

According to AGC Blind Items, Behar is making nice statements and sending Rosie e-mails in an effort to get her old job back and Rosie is not buying it.  Who knows?

Does anyone else have difficulty with copy and past on this site?

(edited)

According to AGC Blind Items, Behar is making nice statements and sending Rosie e-mails in an effort to get her old job back and Rosie is not buying it.  Who knows?

Does anyone else have difficulty with copy and past on this site?

I would hope that Joy isn't trying to manipulate Rosie into getting her old job back. That would be awful of her.

I definitely have problems with copying/pasting in quote boxes. When I attempt to copy and paste, the system keeps making/or tries to make multiple quote boxes. I've seen other posters that have blank quote boxes in their posts. It's weird.

Edited by Jiggle Billy
  • Love 1