Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I saw her fish in a bag commercial today. I guess it is being marketed as a super speedy lunch thing, with the premise of the ad being that poor Candice that had only two! minutes! to eat her lunch before she was do back on set.  So pre-seasoned tuna in a pouch to the rescue. Yum!

I just hope her next scene wasn't some kind of Hallmark "love scene."  Because if she barely had time to eat, I doubt she had time to brush her teeth.  

One of the blessings of being a Canadian ... we aren't subjected to a lot of American commercials, but we have a lot of bad ones of our own.  LOL.  (The thought of eating tuna from a bag makes me gag.)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

"Our girl" Nicolle was filling in for Brian Williams tonight & did a GREAT job.  (Off topic:  Rachel Maddow did a scather again tonight!!  Lawrence did too!!)

Missed it. I have an irrational hatred for Brian Williams' speaking style, so, I avoid him like a plague. Would have liked to see Nicole. Poo.

8 hours ago, Qoass said:

I don't know how long it will take for me to see Nicolle Wallace on TV in places other than The View and think, "Wow, she's actually very smart!".

Nicole is awesome on MSNBC. She is beautiful, fair, open-minded, articulate and knowledgeable about politics. Plus, her contempt for Trump brings a smile to my face.  I don't know why she downplayed her intelligence on the view...Perhaps, it was to ingratiate herself with the movie Stah...

• Love 5

Who was it that freaked out on Nicole not too long ago and was just raging at her on camera? I can't remember and it is driving me crazy.  It was a woman, that's all I remember.  Does anyone recall?

ETA: nevermind, I found if back a few pages in the thread ... it was that Mika Brezinksky however you spell it from MSNBC.  I knew if was someone from MSNBC but it wasn't Rachel Maddow (she would never act that way!).  Anyway, carry on.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 1

Sherri certainly does hustle.  And to her credit, she does have decent acting chops (I think her standup/shtick is dumb, but if she's given something well-written, like "30 Rock" or "Precious", she is usually very good).  As annoying and (shockingly) ignorant as Sherri could be, she has a lot more going for her than Hasselbeck, who was just a mean-spirited, self-righteous substanceless ignoramus with no discernible talent or insight.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Sherri certainly does hustle. And to her credit, she does have decent acting chops (I think her standup/shtick is dumb, but if she's given something well-written, like "30 Rock" or "Precious", she is usually very good).

As annoyed as I got with Sherri on the show, I'm fine watching her elsewhere (although she tends to play the same sidekick character over and over). Her destructive and hateful attitude towards her child might have made me boycott, except there are already a lot of stars I won't watch because of their drunken brawls, piggish phone calls, sexual assaults, extreme political views, Scientology beliefs, etc. It's a lot already!  ;)

• Love 4
On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:27 PM, lordonia said:

Her destructive and hateful attitude towards her child might have made me boycott, except there are already a lot of stars I won't watch because of their drunken brawls, piggish phone calls, sexual assaults, extreme political views, Scientology beliefs, etc. It's a lot already!  ;)

I used to write for a blog and I wrote a column that asked people what was their deal breaker with celebs.  What would a celeb have to do to get you to turn your back on them.  I gave up Michael Jackson after the second accusation of child molestation.  I gave up Mel Gibson after his drunk driving arrest which showed him to be a anti Semite.  Not to mention a sexist pig.  I was never a fan of Sherri so her showing  herself to be a selfish uncaring bitch just makes it all that much easier to not give a shit what she  has done after the View.

• Love 4
(edited)

Sherri literally threw herself at a guy who lost a lot of weight on To Tell The Truth tonight on ABC. She ran over to him after he stood up to say who he was. He picked her up and spun her around while she was making all those obnoxious noises. She of course made ex husband cracks during the show too. It's not over yet so there will probably be more. Ugh. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Sherri literally threw herself at a guy who lost a lot of weight on To Tell The Truth tonight on ABC. She ran over to him after he stood up to say who he was. He picked her up and spun her around while she was making all those obnoxious noises. She of course made ex husband cracks during the show too. It's not over yet so there will probably be more. Ugh. 

There are no words .....

• Love 2
On 1/2/2017 at 4:41 AM, Stacee said:

I caught an episode of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and all the women had the same look.

I think one part of Lisa Rinna's face is more lippy than the rest of the women's put together.

• Love 1

Ewww - trying to watch but I see everything in Sherri that I disliked on the show. Why does she always try to be the center of attention? And always so disgusting, imo. And all her comments about her choice of husbands.

The thing, back when I followed her, was she said she was over them and resigned, obviously not. Let alone won't acknowledge her surrogate son. Any man would be held as accountable as she is.

Like the snake thing wasn't planned. I like AA and Black-ish but question his friends like SS and Raven.

Sigh - I'm on my laptop looking at other things but this is getting even more disgusting with Sherri - omg - I just clicked it off, 23 minutes early.

• Love 2

That would be so, so funny ... please let this happen, TV gods!  

Plus I think Rosie would benefit from taking a little of her power back this way.  And you just know it would really piss The Donald off that much more to have her be a part of it on SNL, the source of so much humiliation for him.

It would be a win-win-win situation! 

• Love 13
On 2/6/2017 at 4:17 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

That would be so, so funny ... please let this happen, TV gods!  

Plus I think Rosie would benefit from taking a little of her power back this way.  And you just know it would really piss The Donald off that much more to have her be a part of it on SNL, the source of so much humiliation for him.

It would be a win-win-win situation! 

She never lost any of her personal power!  Quite the opposite.  

• Love 5
23 hours ago, wings707 said:

She never lost any of her personal power!  Quite the opposite.  

If you believe Rosie O'Donnell has not felt pained and diminished by Donald Trump's attacks on her, then you must be unfamiliar with this.  She put out after Trump went out of his way during a debate to humiliate her once again:

8 million to one

October 6, 2016

i saw 4 cops – security i thought
well dressed
jovial – handsome – “yo rosie”
“wasssup men” my common reply

we walk toward one of the quiet booths
behind the stairway
i am tired
this is the first time i have been out

out of bed really – to be honest
since the debate
i have been sleeping a lot
depression clings to me

it’s hard to walk
to shower
to try
to care

i see a couple
sitting close together
in a small corner booth
directly across from me

i watch them
stunned by her face
and his calming charm
they were definitely a THEY

obvious for all to see
oblivious to all seeing them
love works like this
i thought

two
so connected
alone together
in a crowded corner

“that is the most beautiful woman i have ever seen”
i say aloud to dana
she turns to look – turns back at me
“that’s ivanka”

can’t be i said
no it can’t be
it is –
she reassures me

what r the chances i say to myself
as dana walked to the hostess station to ask
i stared at the young couple
as they ate – unaware

i was captivated by her beauty
it blinded me so
i didn’t realize it was even her
til dana walked back to the table –

nodding slowly
yes
she said
it was

dear god
i prayed
guide me
out of here

we stood to move to another table
but i knew i could not stay
my heart i worried
would break again

it did 4 years ago
i won’t survive another one
change ur life
is the prescription

i walked the 5 steps toward her table
introduced myself
she smiled genuinely
her husband was warm and gracious

i told her of my children
some truths about myself
my pain and shame
she was absurdly kind

“i just wanted u to know”
i said in a shaky quiet voice
i then made my way down the large wooden stairway
into my waiting car

the entire encounter
start to finish
was 4 minutes
max

i wrote a book once
about bashert
the concept of
meant to be

it has comforted me
on my darkest days
when my inner voices scream
u deserved it

as her father has
same as my own

Rosie is a tough woman in many respects.  But she is also as fragile as anyone else and she is human.  Don't ever believe that her willingness to fire back at Trump doesn't mean his low blows to her have not caused her great pain and to feel humiliated.  Not when she has said it openly herself. 

I guess what it boils down to is I want to see Rosie win this little war she and Trump have been engaged in for years, and really REALLY sticking it to Trump on SNL by mocking his puppeteer would be a massive victory for her.  There are all kinds of stories out about how Trump is gobsmacked by a lowly woman playing Sean Spicer on the show.  I cannot imagine how much it would bother him to see his Dark Overlord who controls everything he does not only played by a woman but played by the woman who is perhaps his greatest nemesis.   It would be the ultimate coup for her, the most perfect revenge, the most healing balm for her wounds that I can imagine.

It must happen!

imrs.jpg

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

If you believe Rosie O'Donnell has not felt pained and diminished by Donald Trump's attacks on her, then you must be unfamiliar with this.  She put out after Trump went out of his way during a debate to humiliate her once again:

Rosie is a tough woman in many respects.  But she is also as fragile as anyone else and she is human.  Don't ever believe that her willingness to fire back at Trump doesn't mean his low blows to her have not caused her great pain and to feel humiliated.  Not when she has said it openly herself. 

I guess what it boils down to is I want to see Rosie win this little war she and Trump have been engaged in for years, and really REALLY sticking it to Trump on SNL by mocking his puppeteer would be a massive victory for her.  There are all kinds of stories out about Trump is gobsmacked by a lowly woman playing Sean Spicer on the show.  I cannot imagine how much it would bother him to see his Dark Overlord who controls everything he does not only played by a woman but played by the woman who is perhaps his greatest nemesis.   It would be the ultimate coup for her, the most perfect revenge, the most healing balm for her wounds that I can imagine.

It must happen!

imrs.jpg

^^^^  EXACTLY!!  ^^^^   Slow clap!!!

• Love 11
48 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

"Our girl", Nicolle, is hosting Brian Williams' show tonight & doing a faaaabulous job!!!  You go girl!!!

While I generally agree with this, Medicine Crow, because I'm sure that's not an easy gig to just step into and do well, I actually came here to post concern that "our girl Nicolle" sometimes gives the impression that she's enjoying the juice of the grape before presenting herself on TV.  There have been many times lately when she's been slurring her words, having forgetful moments, and simply getting lost as her thoughts have rambled on, and tonight was one such example even to the extent of forgetting her "first TV husband's" - Eugene Robinson's - name.

The fact that there are also many times when Nicolle is bright, animated, informed and contributory just highlights her "off" nights all the more.  She really runs hot or cold in her presentations, and she's used the "late hour" excuse too many times not to be noticed.

JMO, of course, and I hope I'm wrong, but I'm also a little concerned for her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With regard to another former View host, Celia - have you seen this compilation?

stevie o'donnell.jpg

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 4
On 2/8/2017 at 2:40 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I guess what it boils down to is I want to see Rosie win this little war she and Trump have been engaged in for years, and really REALLY sticking it to Trump on SNL by mocking his puppeteer would be a massive victory for her.  There are all kinds of stories out about how Trump is gobsmacked by a lowly woman playing Sean Spicer on the show.  I cannot imagine how much it would bother him to see his Dark Overlord who controls everything he does not only played by a woman but played by the woman who is perhaps his greatest nemesis.   It would be the ultimate coup for her, the most perfect revenge, the most healing balm for her wounds that I can imagine.

It must happen!

imrs.jpg

Thank you for this! I am hot and cold on Rosie -- I empathize with her but I think she invites her own trouble in many ways. Actually, I should walk that back. She has not deserved an iota of the cruelty Trump and his posse have abused her with, but she has also said and done some unkind and unwise things. With all that said, as much as I think I would enjoy her portrayal of Bannon, and how it would bug Trump, I'm not sure it's in her best interest. She bears scars from putting herself out there. I don't wish her further grief.

"Nevertheless, she persisted" comes to mind, though. :)

• Love 5

From what I am reading around the web, Rosie's people are saying she is NOT going to be doing SNL.  I hope they are lying.

I kind of wish this all hadn't broke and made the news.  It would have been incredibly cool to just see Rosie show up and do it out of nowhere.  Plus I am afraid that now that the idea has got so much publicity, SNL is not going to want to come off as being intentionally antagonistic to Trump.  Just making fun of the POTUS in the ordinary course of the show is one thing, but they may feel it is going too far to deliberately cast his arch enemy just to satisfy the bloodlust of the audience.  They would risk being called "unfair."

I say screw it!  Trump is already whining they are being unfair anyway.  But if SNL doesn't want Rosie to play Bannon, I do hope she finds another outlet for her impression, like Funny or Die or something.  It would definitely be better with the whole SNL ensemble they have built, though.  Especially since I didn't really care for the "Bannon as the Grim Reaper" thing they did.  It was funny but I don't entirely get why they made him the Grim Reaper.  I thought him dressed as the Devil would have made more sense.  

• Love 6
9 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Hmmm - I still think there's hope and that they're just downplaying it for now for greater surprise on a future episode.  After all, the referenced article says:

It appears one of the Internet’s dearest recent dreams has already been dashed: Rosie O’Donnell will not play _Steve Bannon on this week’s episode of Saturday Night Live.

Assuming trump (lower case intentional) makes it to a full 4-year term, there's still 204 Saturday nights ahead...

• Love 8