Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Kicked To The Curb

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Bet there was iced tea in that Jack bottle and who puts an empty bottle back in the cabinet, Colteeeeeee. 

I think it was real because in the promo he is flushed and his voice sounds slurred when he tells her he wants a divorce.   Maybe they save the bottle because they keep refilling it with a cheap knockoff brand like some restaurants do with ketchup.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 5
On 7/2/2019 at 3:01 PM, Neurochick said:

When Ashley went to see the lawyer, she told her that she met Jay three years ago in Jamaica?  What was he, 17?  Talk about grooming.  

That pissed me off because if Ashley tried that in the USA (especially with a 17 year old white 17 year old), she might have had to register as a sex offender, or she could have gone to jail.  But I guess since Jay was black and from Jamaica, he wasn't "really" a child, yeah right, I see you Ashey.

The age of consent in Jamaica and Pennsylvania is 16.  I also wonder if Jay is really 20 or maybe was 20 when they met and the show keeps using that age.  Almost everyone on the show seems a lot older than their listed age.

If there is a double standard, I think it is based upon gender, not race.  When an older man has sex with a teenage girl, he is rightly seen a perv and the girl as a victim.  But when an older woman has sex with a teenage boy, the boy is viewed my many as "lucky".  

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

The age of consent in Jamaica and Pennsylvania is 16.  I also wonder if Jay is really 20 or maybe was 20 when they met and the show keeps using that age.  Almost everyone on the show seems a lot older than their listed age.

If there is a double standard, I think it is based upon gender, not race.  When an older man has sex with a teenage girl, he is rightly seen a perv and the girl as a victim.  But when an older woman has sex with a teenage boy, the boy is viewed my many as "lucky".  

17 is the age of consent in a lot of states in the USA- but it’s STILL gross, even if it’s not illegal. 

I think it’s an intersectional issue between gender and race. Children of color are hypersexualized, seen as “less innocent” and less in need of protection than similarly situated white peers. (Both boys and girls) I definately agree that if Ashley were an Ashton preying on a Jasmine from Jamaica there would be more side eye than there is now, but less side eye compared to if a “Jasmine” were white and 17. 

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Bet there was iced tea in that Jack bottle and who puts an empty bottle back in the cabinet, Colteeeeeee. 

Totally forgot about this! That was weird. I know there was speculation that Debbie was a drinker, but if that was truly Jack in that bottle and he drank that much, Colt has a problem too -- especially to seek it out at a time of stress and gulp it down like a lifeline.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
10 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

Good Lord, Pao is a bitch. Why would anyone tell the grandma she cannot hold the baby? WTH is wrong with Pao? I wish Roos would grow a pair already; I used to kinda like him but he is so spineless, I am losing respect for him. Cannot. stand. Pao.

Pao is a selfish female dog. What happens when Ross takes that kid away from her?

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, ChiMama said:

Totally forgot about this! That was weird. I know there was speculation that Debbie was a drinker, but if that was truly Jack in that bottle and he drank that much, Colt has a problem too -- especially to seek it out at a time of stress and gulp it down like a lifeline.

I wondered if Debbie had a drinking problem when I saw that their liquor cabinet was high above the refrigerator.  It's not like they have kids that would get into the booze, and Larissa is fairly tall (and/or has tall shoes).  The only person who couldn't easily get to the JD was Debbie.

Ashley is as bad as Jonathan importing a 17 year old for a spouse.  It is so, so gross.  Jay & Fernanda are old enough to have some agency of their own, but the power imbalance is so great in favor of the US citizen...age, money, holding immigration status over the young spouse.  It is just beyond creepy.

Russ and Pao annoy me in equal parts.  I kind of like them together, though, so they don't inflict themselves on other, unsuspecting people.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

At the beginning of one of the Libby segments they showed her calendar with “Bond with Baby” written in.  Wouldn’t that be an ongoing thing rather than penciled in like a hot yoga class?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

I just watched this in bits (couldn't take the entire thing) but one thing that caught my eye was Ashley "serving" the divorce papers on Jay herself.  Don't know about Pennsylvania, but I was in this business for years in California, and a party cannot serve their papers own on the other party.  Period.  It has to be done by a third person, either in person or by mail.   Also to complete the divorce (and this seems something that should be pretty universal) there has to be a Proof of Service filed, and the Court will glance at who did the serving.  It just doesn't float.  We suspend disbelief a lot around here, but that really jarred.

(If anybody knows that Pennsylvania is different in this, let me know!)

Beyond that, these people are all pretty loathsome, so I second all the above-mentioned notes about that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
59 minutes ago, Spike said:

At the beginning of one of the Libby segments they showed her calendar with “Bond with Baby” written in. 

I think that dry erase calendar was in her hospital room because the first time they showed it, someone was writing “Elizabeth” on it under the word “Today.” When I’ve been in the hospital in recent years, the nurses would always write info on one at the beginning of their shift. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Chippings said:

I can’t sleep, so I looked it up. 

“Process servers in Pennsylvania are not licensed. Pennsylvania generally requires court papers to be served through the sheriff's office, but for divorces the plaintiff need not use the sheriff. For all domestic cases in Pennsylvania, either the sheriff or a competent adult may serve process by handing the defendant a copy of the divorce papers, handing a copy to an adult member of the family at his or her residence, or a person in charge of the residence, such as the clerk or manager of the hotel, inn, apartment house, boarding house or other place of lodging where he or she resides.” 

So I guess Ashley technically could be considered a “competent adult”...

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

Where to begin?!  

Pao and Russ - Man.  These two assholes (3 if you includes Pao's mom, which I'm inclined to do). I think I'm truly understanding that Pao has spent her entire life being the most special special to ever special, and all of her family and friends in Colombia enable that thought process.  Women have babies, but Pao had Axel, who cannot love anyone but her and be touched by no one but her.  Per the early poster's point, meet Debbie and Coltie:  The Early Years.  The second Pao realized that her mom was siding with Russ's mom and not ready to ride in the Mean Girl gang, she unleashed and twisted the OK time period, which I thought was squashed earlier in the season, to ensure that she played up on Mother Pao's concerned for Pao being in America. It was, frankly, skillful and so smoothly handled.  How many times has THAT happened in their lives to ensure that Pao is an innocent party?  Pobrecita! Whatever, bitch, I see you.  Pao is true snake. 

Ashley and the Wayward Teen - Ashley sucks and all, but I thought she did a better job of handling herself than the last 5 episodes.  After some bravado and false starts, send Skinz Jr back to Jam Rock with a few bucks and signed divorced papers.  Stop picking up youths.  In the long term, this is the best case scenario.  It was ALWAYS going to be the best case scenario. Can we be done now?

Awww, Libby and Andreiiii's baby is adorable!  I get a feeling mom was always going to be in the delivery room and this was just some producer driven bullshit.  I like that Andrei always complains how tired he is.  Did you come from your nonexistent job to not give birth to a human person?!  Nah? Calm down, bro.  Where is his cute dad?  I can't wait to see him with Eleanor. 

Pedro and Chantel.  I didn't need Pedro's hand signals about the first cut of the jiggy jiggy.  Like.  Ew.  I don't know that I understand Chantel, nor do I get Pedro.  They are both boring, and are only really spicy b/c of the ppl they surround themselves with, and the ensuing conflict it creates.  That beach in the DR looked beautiful, though.   Why, WHY did we have to go to dinner with Family Pedro?!  If I didn't have to look at these scheming, raggedy bitches one more time, I would have been happy.  I don't know what their real intentions are, but IMO they are shady, entitled, and terrible.  I feel similar about Family Chantel, but at least Pedro and Chantel aren't giving them money and FC aren't throwing random hoes in Chantel's lap. 

Larissa is a crazy bitch that needs to go away, but Debbie and Coltie are just as bad, if not worst. Colt was obviously trolling Larissa with his "she's a sweet innocent old lady".  That old lady seem like a hard lived possible drunk.  She isn't nice; she's aggressive and will never share her boy (Pao, do take notes) with anyone.  It's very much like TLC's sMothered.  Colt knocking down that Jack like it wasn't a damn thing tells me a lot about him too.  Colt and Debbie aren't innocent victims of Larissa.  These ppl need to part ASAP. 

I'm assuming they are slowly giving us bits and pieces of the Purple People Eater and Azan b/c there is nothing to see here, and they need to stretch that nothing across a season?

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • LOL 1
  • Love 23
12 minutes ago, TrininisaScorp said:

I'm assuming they are slowly giving us bits and pieces of the Purple People Eater and Azan b/c there is nothing to see here, and they need to stretch that nothing across a season?

I believe this as well. I don't think they have been an authentic "couple" for a while. It's just such a glorious shit show, TLC cannot give it up. I want to see Azan on camera!

• Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, Chippings said:

I just watched this in bits (couldn't take the entire thing) but one thing that caught my eye was Ashley "serving" the divorce papers on Jay herself.  Don't know about Pennsylvania, but I was in this business for years in California, and a party cannot serve their papers own on the other party.  Period.  It has to be done by a third person, either in person or by mail.   Also to complete the divorce (and this seems something that should be pretty universal) there has to be a Proof of Service filed, and the Court will glance at who did the serving.  It just doesn't float.  We suspend disbelief a lot around here, but that really jarred.

Beyond that, these people are all pretty loathsome, so I second all the above-mentioned notes about that.

I don't know Pennsylvania law, but I don't think Ashley was serving Jay with the divorce papers. Rather, she was asking him to sign to give his consent to the divorce. It's essentially a joint petition for divorce which can be processed more quickly because you don't have to wait for service and the other party to respond. What bothered me about the procedure was that Jay was not given an opportunity to carefully read the papers and seek the advice of independent counsel before signing.  It was offensive that she coerced him into signing by refusing him food and shelter.  Ashley knew very well Jay had a dick control problem long before she married him. Her shock and outrage at his lack of control was unwarranted, and there was no reason to force him into signing the papers that night. 

BTW, you are correct that generally court rules prohibit parties from serving process. You want an independent person to serve process for two reasons. First, you need proof of service for due process. Service by a nonparty is better proof that the person was properly served. Second, it reduces the possibility of conflict or violence.  

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Intriguingly, it may be the same amount that lowers Colt's inhibitions enough to boom boom Debbie.

Do they jiggy jiggy?

3 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

I believe this as well. I don't think they have been an authentic "couple" for a while. It's just such a glorious shit show, TLC cannot give it up. I want to see Azan on camera!

Come back azan!!!!  He is probably scamming some other fool and living his best life.

• LOL 7
8 hours ago, configdotsys said:

My thoughts too, either he’s a hardened drinker or it was tea. I can’t imagine drinking whiskey straight and not even a cough, splutter or grimace. It went down way too easy, like a coke on a hot day. Colteee is such a drama queen I wouldn’t put it past him the roly poly psycho dough boy.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11

Is Chantel super tall? In her Talking Heads her knees are up to her chin. It looks like she is sitting in a children's chair. 

No way will I watch that spin off. Too much reading for this girl. I wind up watching twice because I spend too much time reading rather than watching reactions.

2 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

Why did Larissa say something like "Sorry I was not born like Angelina Jolie. Sometimes I feel like I am not beautiful enough" while looking at herself in the vanity mirror in the car? Wtf did that statement have to do with anything? It was so random in the middle of their stupid r******* fight.

I couldn't figure out if she was talking about herself or Debbie! 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Chippings said:

I don't know the law, but I would think that if Jay signed the divorce papers proof of service might not be necessary.  The case would have been settled out of court.

• Useful 1
46 minutes ago, Angry Moldolvian said:

My thoughts too, either he’s a hardened drinker or it was tea. I can’t imagine drinking whiskey straight and not even a cough, splutter or grimace. It went down way too easy, like a coke on a hot day. Colteee is such a drama queen I wouldn’t put it past him the roly poly psycho dough boy.

Isn’t iced tea normally served chilled?

On 7/2/2019 at 12:01 PM, Neurochick said:

When Ashley went to see the lawyer, she told her that she met Jay three years ago in Jamaica?  What was he, 17?  Talk about grooming.  

That pissed me off because if Ashley tried that in the USA (especially with a 17 year old white 17 year old), she might have had to register as a sex offender, or she could have gone to jail.  But I guess since Jay was black and from Jamaica, he wasn't "really" a child, yeah right, I see you Ashey.

Ooh, @Neurochick, I caught that last night, too!  

I had been referring to her buying a "child" when I thought he was 19 when she met him, but 17 and she was 30???

Holy christ on a cracker, takes the skeeve factor to a whole 'nother level.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

These days, lots of grown, unmarried children live with their parents. They can't make it on their own. That doesn't mean they have sex with each other. I don't see Debbie being physically overly friendly with Colt? I think it is nasty to keep saying they are lovers. They are two people who benefit financially from living together at this point in their lives period. Larrissa is a total bitch and I really doubt any mother would like her or get a long with her period.

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Not only that, but it would very quickly ferment into a disgusting, foul-smelling mess if left un-refrigerated.

It was hard liquor alright.

True Story: many many moons ago my friends mum caught her with a bottle of Jim Beam hidden in the closet. Instead of confronting her with the evidence she refilled it with weak cold tea. As we were getting ready for the party we each took a swig and were horrified by the taste. My friends mum had the ultimate gotcha moment and no party for us. This was circa 1989. I just don’t buy bad boy dough boy chugging hard liquor with such ease, I refuse to believe he wouldn’t splutter it up. If it was hard liquor he’s seasoned just like Debs

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

These days, lots of grown, unmarried children live with their parents. They can't make it on their own. That doesn't mean they have sex with each other. I don't see Debbie being physically overly friendly with Colt? I think it is nasty to keep saying they are lovers. They are two people who benefit financially from living together at this point in their lives period. Larrissa is a total bitch and I really doubt any mother would like her or get a long with her period.

True, it’s a hot mess. I seriously doubt they are having sexual relationship however there relationship is not normal by any stretch and borders on creepy

• Love 14
Just now, Angry Moldolvian said:

I seriously doubt they are having sexual relationship however there relationship is not normal by any stretch and borders on creepy

They are abnormal creepy people in general.  The poor cats.

• Love 17
7 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

I feel similar about Family Chantel, but at least Pedro and Chantel aren't giving them money . . . 

But because of the Pedro and Chantal story line, the Family Chantal now has it's own spinoff show.  That's more money coming to them than Pedro ever sent his family in the DR.  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

That gulp of whiskey would be enough to knock a lot of people out.

Well, he did call his wife "Ralissa" shortly after chugging what was in the liquor bottle, so it might well have been real.   

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Not only that, but it would very quickly ferment into a disgusting, foul-smelling mess if left un-refrigerated.

It was hard liquor alright.

It was probably whisky, unless the whole thing was staged, which is entirely possible.   

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

17 is the age of consent in a lot of states in the USA- but it’s STILL gross, even if it’s not illegal. 

I think it’s an intersectional issue between gender and race. Children of color are hypersexualized, seen as “less innocent” and less in need of protection than similarly situated white peers. (Both boys and girls) I definately agree that if Ashley were an Ashton preying on a Jasmine from Jamaica there would be more side eye than there is now, but less side eye compared to if a “Jasmine” were white and 17. 

IMO, the relationship was pretty gross when I thought Jay was 20 when it started.

I looked it up and the age of consent is 16 in 32 States plus the District of Columbia, 17 in 7 States and 18 in 11 States.   

I still think gender is WAY more of a factor than race in how people view these things.

A 32 year old white man, hooking up with or marrying a 17 year old black girl from Jamaica, or wherever, is going to bother a lot more people than a 32 year old black woman hooking up with a 17 year old white boy.  

Unfortunately, all too often, when you read stories about an adult female teacher having sex with a 15 or 16 year old male student, the reaction of many is "Why didn't I have a teacher like that?", as opposed to seeing her as a predator and him as a victim, as nearly everyone would if the genders were reversed.   

ETA:  Wikipedia has a slightly different age of consent map that than the one I got the numbers above from.   According to it, they are 13 States  at 18,  7 States at 17 and 30 plus DC at 16.  

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Spike said:

Isn’t iced tea normally served chilled?

It is unless the producers wanted added drama so they had him swig. It's not like the bottle had to be in the closet for a month if it was producer driven.

Then again, in the previews when he says "I'm gonna divorce you," he looks tanked. Boy that was a lot to swig if it was the real deal. I'm shocked he was still standing. Unless he does that on the regular.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I  can’t figure out why they gave Chantal and Pedro a spin off. They have no charisma, are horrible actors and are not even enjoyable to watch. Their entire relationship has been fighting and if I have to listen to Chantel’s affectless voice discussing the situation for the millionth time I will scream. Won’t even be giving their show a peek.

I totally agree. Without the suspense of whether or not they are going to get divorced (which is pretty much ruined by having a spin off), there is nothing interesting about their story.   

• Love 5

Matt was 12 years older than Alla, Ashley's 13 years older than Jay, Jonathan was 13 years older than Fernanda, Molly was 15 years older than Luis, Danielle was 15 years older than Mohamed, Fernando was 19 years older than Carolina, David was 24 years older than Annie, Mark was 39 years older than Nikki... this isn't anything new.   Every season there's at least 1-2 giant age gaps, and even more "looks gaps" with pairs like Colt/Larissa or Azan/Nicole.  Most of these Americans look for spouses abroad because they don't have qualities that young/attractive/both Americans are looking for, but they do have an advantage overseas by waving U.S. citizenship around.  We drag everyone for it, but seemingly back off as we either find new unique things to drag them about or see couples being happy, loving and considerate toward each other (ex: David and Annie are getting to be fan-favorites now: Brush your ass.)

I don't put a lot of weight on the "we met three years ago" comment since 1) consensual sex between Ashley and Jay wasn't illegal in Jamaica or Pennsylvania at their respective ages then or now and 2) if you're mature enough to move to the U.S. and mature enough to fuck women who aren't your wife over a barber shop toilet and lie about it knowing you're already on thin ice for trying to fuck women who weren't your wife on the plane home from your honeymoon, you're mature enough to deal with the consequences and read/sign No Fault divorce petitions that are better than you deserve.

• Love 10
(edited)
10 hours ago, bobalina said:

Pao is a selfish female dog. What happens when Ross takes that kid away from her?

She wants to hold the baby all the time. Let her. Don’t lift a finger to help her. Mother Russ should cut her visit short due to a   “ family emergency” in Oklahoma, and let Pao and her mother do everything. Russ should to go to work and when he comes home, don’t even ask to hold the baby. Watch how quick Pao accuses him of not caring about his son. 

Edited by iwasish
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

It was probably whisky, unless the whole thing was staged, which is entirely possible.   

I've always thought it was against the law to show people on TV drinking real alcohol and they usually use iced tea to represent brownish liquors. 

• Useful 1