Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Kicked To The Curb

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I thought that was really sick.

You can see from space that Debbie is a nasty hag with zero patience.

He's blinded by lust!

Apparently believe it or not Debbie was quite attractive when younger.  Maybe Coltie still sees her that way.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Lemur said:

Nope, that's why it's called the PA Quickie, especially since it used to be much, much more difficult to get divorced in PA. 

Did you mean some other state, above? 

Edit, Nevermind - I was imagining people from NY, NJ somehow heading to PA for a quickie divorce.

Old post: Or that it's harder in PA now?  But that doesn't make much sense since Ashley is making it seem easy.

Edited by MajorNelson

Confession: I groomed my husband and he's older than me. I had to. He was a total idiot when I met him. I'm actually still grooming him, 10 years later.

I can't help but like Andrei. I like Libby's father a lot as well. I like Libby. Her sister's seem like shit stirrers and greedy for camera time. I don't doubt they love Libby, but they are DEFINITELY eating up the camera time and going for the Grammy. Libby's dad seems genuine, but he's kind of a jerk to Andrei. Men don't really like other men encroaching on their territory.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

Because she likes holding things over his head and playing the martyr.  It's her thing.  She was the "victim" when her friend warned her about jay, now she is the "victim" in her relationship.  

I'm not sure I said jay is a victim, maybe I did.  But I know that there is a power imbalance which Ashley enjoys using and has enjoyed using to maintain control and power in the relationship.  

There was a scene after Ashley's NYC girls trip where I think jay had ignored her and was kinda checked out when she came back home.  It wss only then that she announced she was going to "give him a second chance" and it seemed very clear to me that she only decided to do that because it seemed like jay was no longer begging her for another shot and was maybe making alternate plans.

And no matter what the age of consent there is, to me, an implied power imbalance when someone in their late 20s is dating a teenager.  It's far less obvious, but I still think it's there.  A woman in her late 20s should be vastly more mature, more knowledgeable and better situated than a 17 year old.  And that sets up a power imbalance based on one party having more maturity, life experience, money and knowledge than their significant other.   I can only imagine what kind of woman in her late 20s wants a man who is probably still in high school.

Trashley was a victim.  Jay pulled a green card marriage scam on her, and then cheated on her.

She was an incredibly foolish victim, who was taken in by an obvious scam that people warned her about,  but she was still a victim.   

Again, regarding the "power imbalance", if Jay was in love or infatuated with Trashley, there might have been one.  But, he was pulling a cold blooded immigration scam.  

Also, Trashley has said that Jay told her he was 26 when they met and she didn't find out his true age until she filled out the visa forms.  She also said that he is almost 22 now, so, at least according to her, the "20" the TLC shows is not his current age.  

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/90-day-fiance-star-ashley-martson-i-didnt-know-jay-smith-was-only-20-until-i-applied-for-his-k-1-visa-hed-lied-and-told-me-he-was-26-26066.php

So, if we believe her, he was probably about 19 when they met, but lied about his age.  He is clearly no babe in the woods, manipulated by a "more powerful" older woman.  

He found a dumb, older American woman and conned her into marrying him, in hopes of getting a green card.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

So, some things I finally understand...

In the hospital room, celebrating the birth of Eleanor and Andrei actually asked the sisters if they wanted to hold Eleanor.  So, it seems peaceful and as if the families are getting along.  Until sister Elizabeth starts to egg on Andrei with her questions about why he allowed the mother into the room for the birth.  She just had to bring it up-while they were all oohing and ahhing over Eleanor.  It was noticeable to the point that mother Elizabeth suggested that they all leave.  This is the first time that they showed us that family Elizabeth does start up things with Andrei.  I finally understand that maybe they do provoke Andrei, even though it doesn't take much...

By showing us for the first time that Coltee can take quite a hit of hard whiskey when he comes home from work, I finally understood why their car is so old and doesn't have AC and why he doesn't seem to have money even though according to the show he is a software engineer.

But what I don't understand after this episode is why Chantal and Pedro have a spin-off or why so many of these couples are so boring.

• Love 13
47 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

Annie on Pillowtalk told David, who was looking this up on his phone, to put his phone away "it was a b.s. lie."  Ha!

I found an old quora post about things not to do in Brazil because they are considered rude, and door slamming was one of them.  But, I think slamming a door has been considered rude in every culture throughout history that has had doors.  

• Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

There is a huge power imbalance in that one person holds all the power of the opportunity at a better life over the other person's head.

Hell - forget opportunity, the imbalance is there because with a literal snap of her fingers she disappeared him from her house when she was his sole source of support, had no transportation, theoretically no place to go, and no money.  Granted, it was voluntary on his part in that there was no legal way that the police could have had him leave short of arrest - but he's a 20 year old black dude confronted by police who are being told that he's illegal with the intimation that there's been domestic violence towards his white wife.  That right there is all the evidence of power imbalance viewers should need - but then she ups the ante by using his complete lack of anything, including basic knowledge of how to contest when he clearly would have preferred to contest, to get him to sign a binding legal document.  

Jay is an asshole of amazingly epic proportions and is stupid as hell to boot - but he's also a 20 year old. I have an 18 year old and a 21 year old (sons not summer beach fling husbands) and stupid as hell is normal operating procedure a solid 50% of the time for them and their buddies. That's because the brain's myelin isn't developed in the human cortex and prefrontal cortex until we hit our early to mid 20s. We can't fully access those parts of the brain that handle impulse control and risk taking behavior, and decision making isn't as fast either. There is a physical reason for 20 year old Jay to be such an ass, his brain isn't finished cooking yet.

And that right there is the REAL imbalance of power. 

Edited by shockermolar
ETA: although I'm not 100% sure Ashley's is either
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Poor Axel will hear about her 24 hour labor and horrific agony as she brought him into this world (after carrying him in her body for NINE LONG MONTHS) every single time he brings home a C or doesn't clean his room. Poor kid.

Please. Pao can hold my fruity cocktail drink cause I was in labor for an entire damn weekend (water broke Friday night, gave birth Sunday morning) with my oldest and I remind him about it every single time possible. "You made the DEAN'S LIST and didn't tell me? I was in labor for 30 HOURS with you..." "No, you don't have your insurance payment this month? But i was in labor for 3 damn days!" "What do you MEAN you didn't get me a hot fudge sundae? I was in labor...." You see where this is going.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

She is so miserable and her mom needs to stop with the whole "Pao is s here aloneee" poor victim Pao has been in the US for quite some time. She seems to have plenty of friends and has no problem using Juan to bully Russ.

Pao's mom is milking camera time, IMO. She always has a problem with something. She was mad at Russ glaring at her, she's now mad at Russ's mom for whatever reason. Pao is such an attention seeker. She gets WAY more attention and reaction from people by not letting them hold the baby, than being a normal human being and letting her baby bond with others. She's being so selfish and immature. She's such a control and attention freak, it's lame.

• Love 16
17 hours ago, Spike said:

At the beginning of one of the Libby segments they showed her calendar with “Bond with Baby” written in.  Wouldn’t that be an ongoing thing rather than penciled in like a hot yoga class?

That was a white board calendar on the wall of her hospital room.  The nurse wrote that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, politichick said:

I actually felt a bit sorry for Jay. Yes, he's a dog, but he's also extremely young and immature. And the fact that they met when he was 17 is just eww. I absolutely agree with those who believe there was an imbalance of power that Trashley quite enjoyed and abused. His dick was probably the only thing over which Jay felt he had any control. She probably had little intention of filing for the green card, which was not only a dick move but also probably a bit why he was trolling women on apps and fucking in bathrooms. He was bored as hell, which he repeatedly noted, and maybe he would have had more control if he had something to do. At least he wanted to work, unlike Andrei.

She's a bitch and got what you get when you marry a boy.

Chantel and Pedro are so boring I fast-forwarded through every one of their scenes. Her voice makes my ears bleed.

Russ probably should have waited a few more weeks to have his mother visit, but Pao is being kind of crazy. 

Ashley got into hearing all about Jay’s  conquests,  bragging about stealing his father’s girlfriend, his ability to stimulate women while tattooing them (and probably screwing them afterward). She probably has low self esteem, (a long string of broken engagements, cheating boyfriends, victim of sexual attack) and it fed her ego that this young buck was pursuing a G/C  her.  She’s the type that loves drama, craves it. Soon as Jay was gone... suddenly she’s sick, very sick... her friends must rally around her, call Jay ( who she hates and never wants to see again.... how many times did she say that?) to come play nursemaid. She’s so weak, feels so bad, she has lupus you know, and can’t have a lot of stress in her life, (never mind large amounts of alcohol LOL).

Edited by iwasish
Removed possible spoiler info. Apologies!
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I had my son after a miscarriage and a stillbirth. If I hadn't lost those two, I wouldn't have him, and I cannot imagine that. I'm grateful for him every day. Pao needs to take stock and count her damn blessings.

I feel the same way!  I had a miscarriage after my first son (he was a year old) and got pregnant right away with son #2.  So if that pregnancy had gone to term I would not have the awesomeness that is my second son!  The world needs him!

2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

When I had my son after losses, I was so glad to share my joy with--well, everyone! "Here, hold him! Isn't he just great!"

Me too.  For Pao to let her mom hold all day but not let Roos' mom hold him?  And Roos has to sneak around?  Bye bye on that shit.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Trashley was a victim.  Jay pulled a green card marriage scam on her, and then cheated on her.

She was an incredibly foolish victim, who was taken in by an obvious scam that people warned her about,  but she was still a victim.   

Again, regarding the "power imbalance", if Jay was in love or infatuated with Trashley, there might have been one.  But, he was pulling a cold blooded immigration scam.  

Also, Trashley has said that Jay told her he was 26 when they met and she didn't find out his true age until she filled out the visa forms.  She also said that he is almost 22 now, so, at least according to her, the "20" the TLC shows is not his current age.  

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/90-day-fiance-star-ashley-martson-i-didnt-know-jay-smith-was-only-20-until-i-applied-for-his-k-1-visa-hed-lied-and-told-me-he-was-26-26066.php

So, if we believe her, he was probably about 19 when they met, but lied about his age.  He is clearly no babe in the woods, manipulated by a "more powerful" older woman.  

He found a dumb, older American woman and conned her into marrying him, in hopes of getting a green card.  

A victim?  I don't even know if I'd call a domestic spouse who got cheated on a victim.  Ashley had every indication and red flag in the world that jay was not a faithful guy, so I wouldn't consider her a "victim" under the circumstances.  It sucks I guess, but victim?  No, not IMO and it's not even close.  She is nowhere in the victim ballpark or even the victim stadium parking lot.

The imbalance of power doesn't change because one party is pulling a scam.  It does not functionally change the fact that one party has all the power and one party does not.

LOL, I wouldn't take Ashley's word on anything and if she told me the sky was blue I'd be sure to check.  She has no problem doing anything to justify her behavior ane take revenge.  And given all the factors it make no sense that jay lied to her about his age.  Now that she is getting shit for dating a barely legal teen she is backtracking.

But again, none if this changes the fact that there is a vast balance of power in Ashley's favor, which she has used to her advantage in a variety of ways.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

But, I think slamming a door has been considered rude in every culture throughout history that has had doors.  

Exactly. Where I come from, no one ever slams doors. The rare times it may happen, it would be quite shocking.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Wow, she was so pretty!

Colts dad must have been a looker, how the hell did that sperm and egg produce Colt?? 

Add on 50 lbs, thrown on one of Colt's shirts, a give her a construction worker's haircut, take off the dentures, and let her stew in a vodka cauldron for 40 years and you get today's Debbie.

• LOL 15
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Ashley got into hearing all about Jay’s  conquests,  bragging about stealing his father’s girlfriend, his ability to stimulate women while tattooing them (and probably screwing them afterward). She probably has low self esteem, (a long string of broken engagements, cheating boyfriends, victim of sexual attack) and it fed her ego that this young buck was pursuing a G/C  her.  She’s the type that loves drama, craves it. Soon as Jay was gone... suddenly she’s sick, very sick... her friends must rally around her, call Jay ( who she hates and never wants to see again.... how many times did she say that?) to come play nursemaid. She’s so weak, feels so bad, she has lupus you know, and can’t have a lot of stress in her life, (never mind large amounts of alcohol LOL) she’s so appreciative that Jay came to take care of her...,BUT she’s not ready to reconsider the divorce.,,,,,,,yet.

They didn’t show or say who came to visit her, we just heard his voice.  I was thinking it might be the ex she met for wine.  I thought Jay was about to get on a plane to Florida at the end of the ep.

16 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Wow, she was so pretty!

Colts dad must have been a looker, how the hell did that sperm and egg produce Colt??

Better glasses and losing 40 lbs, I’ll bet Colt is not a bad looking guy.  I think he’s deliberately or being advised by production to play up the nerdy, nerd look. I also think his speech pattern and vibe are exaggerated. 

19 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Bet there was iced tea in that Jack bottle and who puts an empty bottle back in the cabinet, Colteeeeeee. 

Maybe it was prepackaged ice tea???

The coven needs to back right up.  They're butthurt that their mom isn't invited so they call Libby while she's in labor?  I wouldn't take the call either.  And then to start more shit in the room after 24 hours of labor, and the mom being there for the birth, is just ridiculous.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Spike said:

Maybe the day Lidia woke up with her face looking like a California Raisin he hightailed it outta there.

Dead! 🤣

Hot damn that it the perfect description of Lidia's face. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

The coven needs to back right up.  They're butthurt that their mom isn't invited so they call Libby while she's in labor?  I wouldn't take the call either.  And then to start more shit in the room after 24 hours of labor, and the mom being there for the birth, is just ridiculous.

Right? True to form they 1) made it all about them, and 2) got mad because Libby didn't do what they would have done.  They are ridiculous. Who calls a woman who is in the hospital giving birth to demand an explanation about her birth plan? 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I found an old quora post about things not to do in Brazil because they are considered rude, and door slamming was one of them.  But, I think slamming a door has been considered rude in every culture throughout history that has had doors.  

Lol, this is probably true. 🙂

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mswldflwr said:

Actually, she can't legally kick him out.  If he has a driver's license or ID that lists that as his residence, she legally needs to go to a magistrate to have him evicted.  And she, herself, I'm sure, has even listed that as his residence in all his paperwork.  Too bad he doesn't know any better.  He'd finally have a couple of things to hold over her head.

I was only commenting on the divorce process, service of the paperwork. Based on what we have seen on the show, Ashley has not taken steps to evict him, or as you say "kick him out." Jay signed the papers and agreed to the divorce.  It's possible he also agreed to leave the residence as a term of the divorce. That's very common when couples can no longer live together amicably. We are not privy to the paperwork, so we just don't know  

8 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

The thing about Pedro is that he gave more of a deflection than a straight up denial.   It wasn't, "Absolutely not!  There is no truth to that at all!"  It was more like "And you believe that?" "Why would you believe Obed?"  

If he had come right out and immediately denied it, I'd be less suspicious.

Exactly. I kept waiting on a “No.” and we get, “ I can’t believe this!” Which many liars use, as it puts the other person on the defensive. Chantal ended up defending why she asked the question instead of pushing for an answer. 

Regarding Chantal’s figure, it’s possible that she is taking some form of hormonal birth control which can make your boobs/hips bigger. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Exactly. Where I come from, no one ever slams doors. The rare times it may happen, it would be quite shocking.

The neighbors living on the other side of my duplex slam every single door all the time. The girl would slam cupboards thousands of times per month. And stomped and stomped. Hope they move.

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, winsomeone said:

These days, lots of grown, unmarried children live with their parents. They can't make it on their own. 

And their parents are doing them a disservice by it.  Have three young adult children from ages 21 to 34.   The two oldest are on their own and own their own homes.  The youngest is still in school but still has managed to pay for her school housing.   All the kids figured out how to live on their own and in one of the most expensive housing markets in the US without help from their parents.  

My point is, parents these days want their kids to have an easy path.  Kids just want things easy.   Sometimes moving out means living with a few roommates and working two jobs to make ends meet.  In the end, you learn self reliance, how to stand on your own two feet and become a functioning adult.   

Colt can afford to move out if he wanted to.   Debbie could live on her own if she wanted to.   They choose to live together because they are codependent, a dynamic that isn’t good for either one of them. 

Rant done.  

My thoughts on this episode:

Ashley - your friend said something to the effect that they are surprised this all ended the way it did.   Us watching:  No, we are not surprised.  Ashley is an idiot who surrounds herself with idiots.  

Colt - your mother is as sweet and gentle as a rattlesnake in the grass.  Get your wife a Lyft account so she can run errands with out Debbie carting her around.  And speaking of green cards, where is Larissa’s?   Why doesn’t she have one yet? 

Libby - your daughter is adorable.   Nice to see that you chose not to have the birth filmed.  Thank you.  

Pedro - when your wife talked to you about what Omed said to her, you did not deny it, just deflected the question. From one master deflector to another, I’m not buying that you were not in on it.   It’s probably a good idea for your wife, your evil sister and greedy mother not to have dinner together.   They really don’t care about you. You are a means to an end for them.  Your wife’s insight about them is correct.

Pao - I saw the look of satisfaction on your face after you bad mouthed Russ’ mom to you own mother.  Mission accomplished.  Guess what?   You will get yours.  Hope TLC is filming it when it happens.  

Edited by LGGirl
  • Love 12
46 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? True to form they 1) made it all about them, and 2) got mad because Libby didn't do what they would have done.  They are ridiculous. Who calls a woman who is in the hospital giving birth to demand an explanation about her birth plan? 

To me, the issue with this group of people is that Libby was always JUST LIKE her sisters. They are all cut from the same cloth. I think at least one of the sisters is married and it doesn't seem that her husband tried to cut off that gal from her family. Libby, desperate to have a man, settles for a neanderthal that expects her to obey his every word and essentially have nothing to do with her family anymore. The sisters are watching Libby turn into something she clearly was never before and they blame Andrei for that. Frankly, I blame Libby for being so desperate that she was willing to become a spineless doormat.

I see no joy in the eyes of these two people when they are having any sort of conversation. He's a stick in the mud and expects to be the lord of the manor. He's not fun or witty. He mooches off her father and gives little to nothing in return. There's no genuine appreciation for anything that these people have done for him, yet he whines that he wants nothing from them. I don't like covens at all but the sisters' concern seems genuine to me. It's like they are wondering "Who the hell is this person because it's not our sister." 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, winsomeone said:

These days, lots of grown, unmarried children live with their parents. They can't make it on their own. That doesn't mean they have sex with each other. I don't see Debbie being physically overly friendly with Colt? I think it is nasty to keep saying they are lovers. They are two people who benefit financially from living together at this point in their lives period. Larrissa is a total bitch and I really doubt any mother would like her or get a long with her period.

The real bitch in this relationship is Coltee.  He's the common denominator. If he wanted to bring his internet fiancee to come and live with him and his Mom, then it was on him to try and ease all parties into a harmonious home. He's done nothing. Nothing. Yes Debbie and Larissa have been horrible to each other but Coltee should have nipped that in the bud.

Coltee, of all people, should know that when you bring a new cat home, you have to do a very slow, careful introduction.

• LOL 4
  • Love 15
(edited)

I thought this was a new show so this is the only season I've been watching.

Tell you what though, Coltee's demeanor really came out in this part 2 episode.

The guy's personality been absolutely deadpan dry milquetoast the whole season but then he reaches for a bottle and psycho personality starts coming out

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, 100Proof said:

I thought this was a new show so this is the only season I've been watching.

Tell you what though, Coltee's demeanor really came out in this part 2 episode.

The guy's personality been absolutely deadpan dry milquetoast but then he reaches for the bottle and starts coming full on axe murderer

This is Happily Ever After.  It’s the follow-up on couples that were on the mothership show.  Coltie and Larissa were on that show last fall and you can watch it on demand.

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Spike said:

This is Happily Ever After.  It’s the follow-up on couples that were on the mothership show.  Coltie and Larissa were on that show last fall and you can watch it on demand.

Yeah. But don't think I'm gonna go back and watch the previous seasons though. Think I got enough of an idea whats been going on with this crew of sad sacks just from this season alone, lol

They should simply name these shows, no matter what they are about, all with the same title, "WTF Is Wrong With These People."  ;-D

Edited by 100Proof
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, shockermolar said:

Please. Pao can hold my fruity cocktail drink cause I was in labor for an entire damn weekend (water broke Friday night, gave birth Sunday morning) with my oldest and I remind him about it every single time possible. "You made the DEAN'S LIST and didn't tell me? I was in labor for 30 HOURS with you..." "No, you don't have your insurance payment this month? But i was in labor for 3 damn days!" "What do you MEAN you didn't get me a hot fudge sundae? I was in labor...." You see where this is going.

Piker. My mom was in labor 5 days. The one beforw I was born on morphine. Never believed the story until I asked the doctor and she said it was all true.

Idated a guy like Colt. Only child, older single mom. Their relationship was the same, no sex. He dated but waited to marry until she was gone. Being good to her son was all it took to keep her happy. Larissa goes out of her way to push Debbie's buttons. In the car I would have pushed her out on the freeway.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, bobalina said:

Piker. My mom was in labor 5 days. The one beforw I was born on morphine. Never believed the story until I asked the doctor and she said it was all true.

Idated a guy like Colt. Only child, older single mom. Their relationship was the same, no sex. He dated but waited to marry until she was gone. Being good to her son was all it took to keep her happy. Larissa goes out of her way to push Debbie's buttons. In the car I would have pushed her out on the freeway.

Larissa or Debbie? Inquiring minds and all...

3 hours ago, Spike said:

They didn’t show or say who came to visit her, we just heard his voice.  I was thinking it might be the ex she met for wine.  I thought Jay was about to get on a plane to Florida at the end of the ep.

Not allowed to post spoilers here, so I’ll answer this over on the Ashley/Jay thread

22 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Not allowed to post spoilers here, so I’ll answer this over on the Ashley/Jay thread

I just watched the first hour of the next episode on demand, so the mystery is solved.  Thanks.

21 hours ago, Spike said:

At the beginning of one of the Libby segments they showed her calendar with “Bond with Baby” written in.  Wouldn’t that be an ongoing thing rather than penciled in like a hot yoga class?

That was the nurse writing it on the care board, in the room.

I'm a labor and delivery nurse and we write the care plan on dry erase boards to involve the family. 

• Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, Spike said:

Maybe the day Lidia woke up with her face looking like a California Raisin he hightailed it outta there.

Really!  Every time I look at her I am so very glad that I've worn sunscreen religiously since Junior High.  Even dark skin gets damaged, and she proves it.  Gawd she's awful looking.

Edited by Honey
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, RealReality said:

Wow, she was so pretty!

You think so?  I think she was kind of a dog.  Lol Hmm

Edited by Honey
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, jayfay said:

Annie is really becoming annoying on Pillow Talk. She’s being too extra and her shtick is old already.

There is a dedicated Pillow Talk thread.

• Love 1