Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: Baby Fever

druzy
  • Start Topic

Ryan returns home after spending 90 days in jail and Maci is disappointed he doesn’t make more of an effort with Bentley.

Cheyenne and Matt’s relationship is getting serious, but Cory is shocked when he finds out they want to have a baby.

Airs: July 1, 2019

• Love 1
On 6/30/2019 at 10:36 AM, druzy said:

Cheyenne and Matt’s relationship is getting serious, but Cory is shocked when he finds out they want to have a baby.

Airs: July 1, 2019

Cory, are you *really*? I mean, the show is called Teen Mom OG.  Chey is not a teen,  nor is she an OG...so that leaves "mom".  

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
(edited)

Wouldn't professional cinematographer Andrew have better film equipment to capture his son's first birthday? A cellphone camera dude?? 

Edited by Brooklynista
Because he name isn't Matt
  • LOL 14
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Wouldn't professional cinematographer Matt have better film equipment to capture his son's first birthday? A cellphone camera dude?? 

Dude is too lazy to button the top four (FOUR) buttons of his shirt.  I can’t see him taking the time to charge up the battery in the good camera!

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

Gifts definitely aren’t the be all/end all of demonstrating to a child that you love them, but Catelynn and Tyler can’t even be bothered to send cards and notes to Carly for two damn years?!  Sure, maybe they don’t know what she would be into in terms of gifts, but asking Teresa would have been a great first step.  In lieu of that, this is why gift cards exist.  She could get whatever she wanted that way.  Do these people really not realize that if they stop browbeating Teresa for visits, it might improve their relationship and *gasp* lead to a visit?  They really are their own worst enemies.  It’s as if they haven’t grown up at all since that first Teen Mom episode a decade ago.  (My God, 10 years!  It gets more sad with every passing year.)

• Love 15
(edited)

Amber calling Leah a butthole is positively reprehensible. 

Nice of Kristina and Gary to attend the  boy's party with nice gifts.

I couldn't count all the "like"s Catelyn threw in her last speech there. Shes such trash, embarrassing her brother about his sex life. And April laughed too. Such losers. Dawn is slimy as ever. 

I watched Cheyenne today for the 1st time ever. I have always ff thru her segments. She has a very weird relationship with Ryder's dad. She should not be so concerned about what he thinks of her life. Of course , she also wants a baby with Matt, a guy she seemingly just met, who would probably not have that conversation at all if Cheyenne were not on tv. Matt will become the west coast Taylor.

Maci is so full of herself. 

Edited by Chris Knight
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Gifts definitely aren’t the be all/end all of demonstrating to a child that you love them, but Catelynn and Tyler can’t even be bothered to send cards and notes to Carly for two damn years?!  

Cards and notes?  Does that involve, like, paper?  

If it’s not online, Cate and Tyler can’t be bothered.  

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 9

Normally I just roll my eyes and ff through Maci's whining about Ryan segments (she's not wrong to be frustrated with him- he's a complete loser, but it's been 10 years and the whining and expecting a complete loser to show up and be a father needs to stop.)  However, tonight I was shocked by Larry and Jen's behavior.  They seem to genuinely love Bentley.  How stupid do you have to be to not pick up the phone, call Maci and say, "hey, Ryan isn't doing so good.  Could we hold off on the visit until he is ready?"   Why any grandparent would expose Bentley to this when they didn't need to is insane.  It was pretty clear during their MTV interview that they are aware of how badly Ryan is doing right now, and I'm shocked that their reaction to this is to bring more kids into the house to see his struggles.

And to put Caitlyn and Tyler's lack of presents for Carly in perspective - they have no jobs, and make a ton of money.  All they'd need to do is take five minutes from checking their social media presence to google "present for a 10 year old girl."   They make a ton of money due to being selected for Teen Mom due to Carly's  birth; how terrible it is that they can't even be bothered to spend money on her.  

And I loved Caitlyn saying "placing Carly for adoption let me be the mother I am today"  What kind of a mother does she think she'd be if she had kept Carly? 

• Love 9

Amber’s response to tweets saying Leah didn’t look happy about Amber’s announcement, how Leah must feel about Amber having more children when she doesn’t have Leah.........(I cropped out the names she was replying to)

B04A2C75-3A45-43B1-BD64-F27B32A5C551.jpeg

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

I don't get Amber's (&her man's) thinking about birth control.  It seemed like she wanted another baby and he did not.  She is not mother material, she should just face it and take care of the one kid she has (I'm not counting Leah!).

Interesting how no one mentioned Cate's makeover.  She just shows up one day looking like that?

Edited by luvbadtv
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

Cards and notes?  Does that involve, like, paper?  

If it’s not online, Cate and Tyler can’t be bothered.  

OMG!!!  Tyler could write her a poem!  #writingisfreeing

• LOL 18
  • Love 5

Omg where do I begin!  Amber you could not manage to check on Matt with maybe a glass of water and see the baby was covered and you want another baby when Matt has issues even marrying you!!!  Where did her mother come from!  I thought they hated each other!

The looks on faces when Amber said 5 days late!  Priceless!  

Ryan laying on mom and dad's sofa while the parents describe what their poor son went through!  Enabling at its finest!

Cheyenne wants a baby with her baby daddy.  Bringing in a new sperm donor isn't making Cory jeolous!  Cheyenne can't get over Cory!  Cory's a player he doesn't want more kids with Cheyenne!

New Matt brings nothing to the table. Does he even work?  Raised kind of tough!

Was that a mask Catelyn was wearing or does she have an in house make up artist!!  What happened to her mother?  She looks terrible and the baby???  Where did this new husband and family come from?  Butch still MIA?

• Love 7
9 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

And I loved Caitlyn saying "placing Carly for adoption let me be the mother I am today"  

A completely shitty and irresponsible one?

Amber's advice to stop watching this show is spot on!

• Love 11

Good god - Cheyenne you look like you come from a loving middle class family. You are very attractive and have been on at least three reality shows. You are young and have the whole world in front of you. So why in God’s name would you want to give birth to yet another child with a man you barely know? You have many child bearing years in front of you and Ryder has plenty of cousins around apparently so think more of yourself.  Corey looked so relieved that not only was there another man in her life, but that there would be another child to take the pressure off of him.  When the cameras are gone; so is Corey.

• Love 10
(edited)

Cheyenne is probably thinking like the other moms did - more babies - more job security.

ETA: I DID catch that murderous glare Boo Boo shot Amber at the mention of a potential pregnancy. Poor kid probably thinking that she will descend yet another rung on the ladder of her mom's priorities.  Thank goodness for Kristina!! ❤️

Edited by Rebky
  • Love 16
18 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Dude is too lazy to button the top four (FOUR) buttons of his shirt.  I can’t see him taking the time to charge up the battery in the good camera!

Isn't he just a cameraman? After all he met Amber on the set of Marriage Boot Camp...not exactly award winning cinematography. His father was supposedly a bonafide cinematographer...Andrew is a loser.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
(edited)
8 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Omg where do I begin!  Amber you could not manage to check on Matt with maybe a glass of water and see the baby was covered and you want another baby when Matt has issues even marrying you!!!  Where did her mother come from!  I thought they hated each other!

The looks on faces when Amber said 5 days late!  Priceless!  

Ryan laying on mom and dad's sofa while the parents describe what their poor son went through!  Enabling at its finest!

Cheyenne wants a baby with her baby daddy.  Bringing in a new sperm donor isn't making Cory jeolous!  Cheyenne can't get over Cory!  Cory's a player he doesn't want more kids with Cheyenne!

New Matt brings nothing to the table. Does he even work?  Raised kind of tough!

Was that a mask Catelyn was wearing or does she have an in house make up artist!!  What happened to her mother?  She looks terrible and the baby???  Where did this new husband and family come from?  Butch still MIA?

Amber calling her Leah a "butthole" was as trashy and low class as it gets. Looked like Andrew was disappointed Amber's pregnancy test came back negative. Guess he likes life on the MTV gravy train. What lard asses he and Amber are.

If Maci was truly concerned about Bentley she would quit this show now and give Bentley privacy and not keep his family problems on TV for millions of people to watch every week. He will be entering adolescence soon and has been on TV all his life. Having his Dad's dirty laundry aired all these years is sure to be heartbreaking for him. Let it go Maci...quit the show and free Bentley from this nightmare of all this mess being broadcast. You are not protecting him...you're making it worse by putting this on blast week after week. Just stop. Did Ryan's parents get a new house? It looks like it.

Caitlyn was all dolled up with cheap eyelashes and tons of makeup for what reason? Good grief! April looks awful...is she using again? Please leave Carly alone you two...let her have her life. And why is Dawn encouraging this? 

Cory acting like Cheyenne's dad with the million questions and comments...yet he got all huffy and puffy when Cheyenne asked about his intentions with Taylor and asked questions about her. This guy is so out of line. They act more like brother and sister rather than former lovers with a child. Matt might be looking to get an easy paycheck from MTV and become a permanent cast member. Stay tuned....on the plus side, he did attend college at least....unlike the other men on this show.

Edited by kicksave
  • Love 10
(edited)

We can't even snark a full page anymore. It's OVER! I was so put off by Amber I missed the non pregnancy announcement. *test result*  Why would she even consider that with her mental health and DRUG problem? 

I happen to think she has both. 

Edited by FairyDusted
announcement and result are two things
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, kicksave said:

If Maci was truly concerned about Bentley she would quit this show now and give Bentley privacy and not keep his family problems on TV for millions of people to watch every week. He will be entering adolescence soon and has been on TV all his life. Having his Dad's dirty laundry aired all these years is sure to be heartbreaking for him. Let it go Maci...quit the show and free Bentley from this nightmare of all this mess being broadcast. You are not protecting him...you're making it worse by putting this on blast week after week. Just stop.

Absolutely. This is the truth. 

• Love 2

I'm truly baffled why the whole marriage thing made Amber and Hagrid uncomfortable. You two have a child. I don't understand why these people have no issues bringing a child into this world but marriage seems like such a foreign concept. Did Hagrid really say he has "more things he wants to accomplish" before marriage? Last time I checked, a child is a much bigger responsibility then marriage. Listen, marriage is hard work. My husband and I are going through some stuff right now and we're working on it. We have no kids and if it doesn't work out, we go our separate ways and that's it. It's 10 times harder with kids in the middle. 

• Love 23

So, Catelynn walks into the room after an apparent drag queen makeover gone wrong and nobody says anything?!?!  I expected someone to at least look twice.  Anyway, April is looking like death warmed over these days. 

I think its shameful that Tyler & Cate couldn't be bothered to reach out to Carly in some way over the past two years.  I was a bit afraid Catelynn would buy her a pony though. 

I love having Cheyenne on the show now.  I can get this show cleared from my dvr in 30 mins when I ff through the commercials and her segments. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

I think its shameful that Tyler & Cate couldn't be bothered to reach out to Carly in some way over the past two years.  I was a bit afraid Catelynn would buy her a pony though. 

It shows their true colors - if they can’t post it on social media for accolades then they can’t be bothered. If the interactions aren’t entirely on their terms, they aren’t interested. 

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I'm truly baffled why the whole marriage thing made Amber and Hagrid uncomfortable. You two have a child. I don't understand why these people have no issues bringing a child into this world but marriage seems like such a foreign concept. Did Hagrid really say he has "more things he wants to accomplish" before marriage? Last time I checked, a child is a much bigger responsibility then marriage. Listen, marriage is hard work. My husband and I are going through some stuff right now and we're working on it. We have no kids and if it doesn't work out, we go our separate ways and that's it. It's 10 times harder with kids in the middle. 

What exactly is he hoping to accomplish?  Perhaps a better question is HOW since all Andrew seems to do is sit on the couch with amber in between changing diapers.  Tell the truth and shame the devil Andrew.  You have no plans on marrying Amber.  Ever.  And she'll gladly sit right there pretending to not care because all she already gets what she needs from him. Someone who will let her sleep til midday, handle the household chores and deal with her bullshit on days she's feeling "bipolar".

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 11
21 hours ago, kicksave said:

Caitlyn was all dolled up with cheap eyelashes and tons of makeup for what reason? Good grief!

I'm a SAHM and I do my full makeup almost every day. I enjoy the "me time" and it makes me feel more put together and productive, even when I don't leave the house. Even though she may have been a bit overdone (and opinions will vary on this), I actually liked seeing that some effort was put in. Much better than her greasy, unwashed hair and that damn zebra hoodie for weeks on end. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I was a bit afraid Catelynn would buy her a pony though. 

You are not alone in this thought. 

Every member of Catelynn’s family makes me cringe with their decision skills. I hope Nick does okay. I was embarrassed for him with the condom jokes. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

There were only 778,000 viewers of this episode.  All of this season's shows have been below 900,000, and they're now below 800,000.  Even the crap shows they tack on to the end of each TM and TM2 season have historically pulled more viewers than this.

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/monday-cable-ratings-july-1-2019

I judge viewership by the number of responses in the forum.  35 messages  nearly 2 days after the episode??  This is what Tyler should be Googling instead of his name and number of Instagram likes. 

These ladies need to follow Gary's example and look into real employment. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I'm a SAHM and I do my full makeup almost every day. I enjoy the "me time" and it makes me feel more put together and productive, even when I don't leave the house. Even though she may have been a bit overdone (and opinions will vary on this), I actually liked seeing that some effort was put in. Much better than her greasy, unwashed hair and that damn zebra hoodie for weeks on end. 

Sure...but she was made up full on night on the town mode. Doesn't seem to jibe with her lifestyle. Just looked very strange. And frankly, most women actually look like Caitlyn when they've just given birth and are at home nursing all day and night. Just having a moment to shower and put on clean sweats and a nursing bra seems like a luxury. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I judge viewership by the number of responses in the forum.  35 messages  nearly 2 days after the episode??  This is what Tyler should be Googling instead of his name and number of Instagram likes. 

These ladies need to follow Gary's example and look into real employment. 

What's WWE Entertainment?  Maybe I'm having a moment.  It's the top four shows with .08!

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT

Amber is not on birth control with Andrew but was with Matt.

Then how did she get pregnant and have a miscarriage?

(I know it can fail but this is Amber.......you know what I am implying)

I wonder what happened to Ryan in jail if he is jumpy to Mack touching him. Did he get beat up too or molested?  He will never have any direction in life.  Just pump out babies for Jen and Larry.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

To be fair, I don't think Ryan liked Mack touching him BEFORE jail. 

You would think Tyler would have advised Ryan by now about the perils of sleeping on your back.  Women you are forced to care for pounce on you and make miracle babies.

• LOL 8

So no one told the Edwards clan that Ryan would be a little "different" after jail. That shit ain't a walk in the park. He wasn't at a spa for three months! Dude did time!! You mean to tell me you heard that he saw his buddy get stabbed to DEATH and you thought "let's invite a camera crew and the children and film for the day ". The fuck?!? Get that man some help and just get off the show. Ryan, ask Maci to stop mentioning you so you can really fucking heal from your demons, force her to get her own storyline and be done with it. 

• Love 3