Type keyword(s) to search

Season 21 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, missyb said:

Wowser! Jackson is so upset by the possible hot to his image. Really shaken. His parents were reassuring him. Weird ending. Never seen that before.

What I found strange was that he couldn't enjoy his win at all because he was afraid his parents would be mad at him. Very, very odd dynamic. I actually felt bad for him. Well, until he was careful to NOT commit himself to Holly in any way. 

The finale was every bit as uncomfortable as I expected. I'm glad various people got to say how they felt, and others were held accountable for their bad behaviour (Jack. Nick). There were even a few genuine apologies. 

But wow, that last bit was very, very weird. I've never seen an unhappier winner, or a more subdued bunch of hamsters. 

All in all, I enjoyed this season. It was a roller coaster from the cringeworthy start to the bonkers ending. Strangely cathartic and satisfying. 

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Ok....so unpopular opinion time. I know Jackson sucks. But....I think he was more ignorant than racist. 

So the thing that swings me in the other direction? Is Jackson being told by the DR early on that his comments were being heard in an unflattering way outside the house and his solution was not to stop or learn from his mistakes. Instead he started the "FEEDS FEEDS FEEDS!" warning when he and Jack would have their "hot take" sessions. You can only claim ignorance until you've been told - and he was told 

• Love 24
6 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Ok....so unpopular opinion time. I know Jackson sucks. But....I think he was more ignorant than racist. 

He definitely treated women terribly and I'm glad he was called out for that. But I don't think Jackson was ever racist like Jack was; Jackson had his biases, like David said. Jackson has a lot to answer for. But I don't think he's a racist, so I do kind of feel a TINY bit bad that he had to tell his parents that as the first thing he says to them after 99 days. 

As a human, I can feel a tiny bit bad that Jackson couldn't enjoy his win at all because he was so wrapped up in what people think about him. Jackson's going to be messed up about this. He's definitely going to grab onto Holly, I think. I was convinced he'd break things off but after what Julie just put him through (mostly deserved), he's definitely holding onto Holly now, especially if she latches on to him. He'll take whoever likes him. 

I do remember that Jackson talked about how messed up he was before the show. And winning this money isn't going to change his mental health stuff. I mean, he definitely is a shitty person, and he's definitely caring a lot about his image right now, but I do actually hope that Jackson gets a really good therapist AND support system because, my god, he's going to need it for the next few months.

Ok, unpopular opinion time over.

Let me add to the unpopular opinion list... while I 100% loved the Julie roasting of Jackson, a teeny tiny part of me is concerned how this may impact future gameplay.  Like we may not see as aggressive gameplay in the future and all of the houseguests will be wrapped up in their perception by America.  Though maybe that's not all that different from the current state lol.

But on the flip side, hopefully this will eradicate blatantly racist comments/behavior from future houseguests (unlikely but one can hope!).

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

What I found strange was that he couldn't enjoy his win at all because he was afraid his parents would be mad at him. Very, very odd dynamic. I actually felt bad for him. Well, until he was careful to NOT commit himself to Holly in any way. 

The finale was every bit as uncomfortable as I expected. I'm glad various people got to say how they felt, and others were held accountable for their bad behaviour (Jack. Nick). There were even a few genuine apologies. 

But wow, that last bit was very, very weird. I've never seen an unhappier winner, or a more subdued bunch of hamsters. 

All in all, I enjoyed this season. It was a roller coaster from the cringeworthy start to the bonkers ending. Strangely cathartic and satisfying. 

Surprisingly, that really bothered me too. He was looking down when he said it to Julie, but kept glancing up at his parents like he was afraid of their reaction.   It was sweet that he seemed genuinely happy for Nicole’s win, for whatever that’s worth. 

Edited by RedheadZombie
I know to versus too!
  • Love 15
Just now, Callaphera said:

So the thing that swings me in the other direction? Is Jackson being told by the DR early on that his comments were being heard in an unflattering way outside the house and his solution was not to stop or learn from his mistakes. Instead he started the "FEEDS FEEDS FEEDS!" warning when he and Jack would have their "hot take" sessions. You can only claim ignorance until you've been told - and he was told 

But...he DID end up stopping most of his behaviour. He definitely still had those microaggressions, but a real racist (like Jack) wouldn't have cared about being warned and wouldn't have been able to stop themselves from continuing.

Again, not saying that Jackson was ever right in his behaviour. I hope I can be clear that I'm not giving him any passes. But, at the very least, it was more biases and microaggressions. I mean, that's technically all part of racism, but because we associate racism with the really bad stuff, I can see why someone like Jackson would be affected by that label when he ISN'T on that level. 

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

He definitely treated women terribly and I'm glad he was called out for that. But I don't think Jackson was ever racist like Jack was; Jackson had his biases, like David said. Jackson has a lot to answer for. But I don't think he's a racist, so I do kind of feel a TINY bit bad that he had to tell his parents that as the first thing he says to them after 99 days. 

As a human, I can feel a tiny bit bad that Jackson couldn't enjoy his win at all because he was so wrapped up in what people think about him. Jackson's going to be messed up about this. He's definitely going to grab onto Holly, I think. I was convinced he'd break things off but after what Julie just put him through (mostly deserved), he's definitely holding onto Holly now, especially if she latches on to him. He'll take whoever likes him. 

I do remember that Jackson talked about how messed up he was before the show. And winning this money isn't going to change his mental health stuff. I mean, he definitely is a shitty person, and he's definitely caring a lot about his image right now, but I do actually hope that Jackson gets a really good therapist AND support system because, my god, he's going to need it for the next few months.

Ok, unpopular opinion time over.

He is a racist.  A lot of people say a lot of  things trying to be slick...

but, people catch it. 

They do not get away with anything......bc, racists are easy to catch. 

We just do not say anything most of time.....because, it is better to give the racist more rope.

This cast has been slick their entire life........and, now they have been exposed to the entire world.

They finally hung themselves on national Tv!  🥳

• Love 7
1 minute ago, zenithwit said:

But on the flip side, hopefully this will eradicate blatantly racist comments/behavior from future houseguests (unlikely but one can hope!).

That's what I said after BB15. Six years later...

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, zenithwit said:

Let me add to the unpopular opinion list... while I 100% loved the Julie roasting of Jackson, a teeny tiny part of me is concerned how this may impact future gameplay.  Like we may not see as aggressive gameplay in the future and all of the houseguests will be wrapped up in their perception by America. 

I really think that happened only because he directed his "gameplay" against everyone but his white alpha buddies and because of the vile things he said. A true player will still be okay, I think. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

but a real racist (like Jack) wouldn't have cared about being warned and wouldn't have been able to stop themselves from continuing.

I wouldn't underestimate a real racist being able to cover it up when they feel they need to.  Jack is a real racist, just not a very smart one.  

• Love 5

The more stress Jackson showed the redder his cheeks got. He KNEW he was being raked over the coals LIVE!!!!! It was a crazy finale. At one point, Tommy was laughing but then realized Shit this is serious. He was in the room with Hateful and  realized he was apart of the kicking out of Nicole. Jackson didn’t even want to walk out of the house. That was the best finale EVER!

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

I can’t say whether Jackson is a racist or not. But I’m not going to give him ANY kind of passes for the things he said this season, and not going to ignore that he had issues with the people of color in the house. The fact that he seemed to tone down and be nicer after Jack left is all well and good except for the fact that....well....the house was pretty damn white by then. 

Yeah, this season was so long I think people have forgotten that he was so bad in the beginning of the season that production stopped showing him on the live feeds. Think about that. They were actively censoring him because he was saying so much awful shit. I can't remember that ever happening before. 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

But...he DID end up stopping most of his behaviour. He definitely still had those microaggressions, but a real racist (like Jack) wouldn't have cared about being warned and wouldn't have been able to stop themselves from continuing.

You're right, they did stop. But like @Katesus7 pointed out, all of the people he said things about were gone from the house except Jessica and while Jackson said horrible things about Jessica (her body being a wreck), I don't remember him going a racial route with his insults to her. 

I mean, biases or racist statements - whichever side of the debate you land on, Jackson was definitely involved in those moments. Jack was involved in those moments. I wish the people like Tommy and Sam and Analyse, who all sat there and laughed without saying anything, were called out more.

I was livid when they showed the shot of the jury when the topic of Nicole being shut out of the HoH came up and Tommy was nodding all sympathetic like. Like, bitch, we know when you were in rooms and engaged in conversations and when you weren't. I wouldn't be nodding like you were. 

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, zenithwit said:

Let me add to the unpopular opinion list... while I 100% loved the Julie roasting of Jackson, a teeny tiny part of me is concerned how this may impact future gameplay.  Like we may not see as aggressive gameplay in the future and all of the houseguests will be wrapped up in their perception by America.  Though maybe that's not all that different from the current state lol.

I think you can be an aggressive gameplayer and not be an asshole about it. I would put Dan on that list.  Sure he had his moments, but his reputation is largely intact.

Whether he is a racist or just kinda a dick, Jackson had that roasting coming. At the end of the day he gets the $500,000,. So I don't feel badly for him.

Loved seeing Nicole win AFH. So very deserved.

22 minutes ago, Lamima said:

I'm guessing Jack and Jackson won't be coming back on BB for anything ever. Not an all star season or to host a comp...nada.

I agree 100%. Add Nick, too. He ain't ever showing his face again.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, PaperTree said:

I wouldn't underestimate a real racist being able to cover it up when they feel they need to.  Jack is a real racist, just not a very smart one.  

Jack is the type that will tell you.

I was not racist on BB.    I was sleeping with the Latina girl! 🤣

This is  one way on how they act slick

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

So it sounds like RHaP is doing interviews but they won't be live. JC is apparently there for interviews with PopTV (no word on whether those are live). Nothing official from Big Brother because CBS probably wants to walk back their attack on Jackson's good ol' Southern Boy character so I dunno. Word is that no one has been interviewed in the backyard yet. 

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

I mean, biases or racist statements - whichever side of the debate you land on, Jackson was definitely involved in those moments. Jack was involved in those moments. I wish the people like Tommy and Sam and Analyse, who all sat there and laughed without saying anything, were called out more.

And I agree like this. People need to be held accountable, for sure. Jackson was awful. Jack was awful. A bunch of people were bystanders. 

I don't know. I feel like I shouldn't even be saying this stuff because I'm a white woman so I DON'T know what it's like. 

So I'll be happy to listen to any other people who want to argue against my point. I need to listen more, and I am happy to. 

Again, still got joy out of seeing Jackson's happiness deflated. It was very much needed after he was so cocky about winning. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, vb68 said:

I think you can be an aggressive gameplayer and not be an asshole about it. I would put Dan on that list.  Sure he had his moments, but his reputation is largely intact.

Whether he is a racist or just kinda a dick, Jackson had that roasting coming. At the end of the day he gets the $500,000,. So I don't feel badly for him.

Loved seeing Nicole win AFH. So very deserved.

I agree 100%. Add Nick, too. He ain't ever showing his face again.

Nick should not even show up for work!

The thought of his twisted mind counseling small children......I just can’t!!!!

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Nick should not even show up for work!

The thought of his twisted mind counseling small children......I just can’t!!!!

Indeed!

And what was up with that Amish no mustache with an ugly beard thing?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I feel like bb didn’t stream their backyard interviews last year either.  I could be wrong. I can never stay up for them.  

But there will definitely be interviews. JC is doing some. I think I heard of a few others. Jessica of Jessica and Cody will be interviewing Jackson on her podcast tomorrow so she says. 

• Useful 2
1 minute ago, Dmarie019 said:

I feel like bb didn’t stream their backyard interviews last year either.  I could be wrong. I can never stay up for them.  

But there will definitely be interviews. JC is doing some. I think I heard of a few others. Jessica of Jessica and Cody will be interviewing Jackson on her podcast tomorrow so she says. 

It was live on Facebook. Ross and Marissa hosted.

• Love 1

Safely in his hotel room under CBS guard?  Are they going to turn him loose on LA?

I think a former HG once said CBS doesn't officially release you and give you your phone back until the press is over the day after the finale. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Cutty said:

I think a former HG once said CBS doesn't officially release you and give you your phone back until the press is over the day after the finale. 

Right, they used to have the F2 or F3 on the CBS early or morning or whatever show and present the big check the next morning.  Do they still do that?

Right, they used to have the F2 or F3 on the CBS early or morning or whatever show and present the big check the next morning.  Do they still do that?

I think the last time it was on The Talk. That ain’t happening anymore. LOL!!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I had no idea Jackson's mom had tweeted a month or so ago that she was lawyering up because the show was portraying Jackson in a negative way.  I just saw a Youtube on it.  If this is true, she may be part of the reason he has issues with mental health.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Jackson was really grilling the folks. You could tell Momma was totally praising him. I think she might be the cause of the problem.

This was my first reaction, but she's a mother.  Deserved or not, her son's just been been raked over the coals on national TV literally 5 minutes earlier.  Realistically shes not going to do anything but try to keep him from going off the deep end.   She may genuinely be blind to his bad behavior and believe what she's saying but I can't fault her for supporting him in that moment.

4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

ROFL Go fuck another minion doll and record it. 

https://twitter.com/jcmounduix/status/1177053853021138944?s=21

So strange.   They call out crappy houseguests in the most obvious and dramatic way they ever have....and then invite this HR nightmare back?   

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I had no idea Jackson's mom had tweeted a month or so ago that she was lawyering up because the show was portraying Jackson in a negative way.  I just saw a Youtube on it.  If this is true, she may be part of the reason he has issues with mental health.

Shocking!

Clutch Pearls.jpg

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I don't think that was actually Jackson's mom posting that stuff. I always assumed that it was one of those crazy ass fans and I think most people did, too. Then again, Raven's mom did threaten to sue me and about five thousand other people so who knows. 

Just now, Maverick said:

So strange.   They call out crappy houseguests in the most obvious and dramatic way they ever have....and then invite this HR nightmare back?   

Right? Although I think this was PopTV that asked JC to do interviews, not CBS or Big Brother. And yet they had him on the show on Sunday so... ???

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I’m late to this part of the conversation I know, but I was completely unimpressed with Holly’s speeches and it sounded to me like her whole thing was “ hey I played invisible, yo, so just because you didn’t see my moves doesn’t mean I didn’t make them” and then she went on to keep saying Michie this Michie that, I held Michie back so he wouldn’t cross the line, we played together, etc blah. She’s a dope.  If you were playing to win why would you stop someone from crossing the line?  Let him lose, don’t help him.  His answers sounded totally memorized but he’s been rehearsing answers to every possible question for weeks.  And he made a great point that out of the 13 comps they won together, he won 11 of them.  He carefully said he worked all season to get himself and her there.  That right there is him taking credit for her being in F2, and then when holly talks all she does is talk about him

also, I’m a little fuzzy on details but I distinctly remember Jackson and jack whispering the N word to each others hen talking about someone, and jack imitating someone (David??) as a gorilla.   I don’t think Julie eviscerated these guys at all.  A gentle slap in the wrist, at most.  I really was hoping for something real but this will have to do 

like most of you, I cannot stand Jackson but not unhappy with his win.  He was a beast and on game alone he deserved to win. So odd though, the kid was laser focused from day one on getting that confetti, did not deviate or think of anything else, and then when it happened he couldn’t even enjoy it.  Something’s off about that dude. 

But I don’t care.  My time with Jackson is now done.  Thank u, next!  On to survivor...

thank you all for making this all so much more enjoyable!

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

You're right, they did stop. But like @Katesus7 pointed out, all of the people he said things about were gone from the house except Jessica and while Jackson said horrible things about Jessica (her body being a wreck), I don't remember him going a racial route with his insults to her. 

I was livid when they showed the shot of the jury when the topic of Nicole being shut out of the HoH came up and Tommy was nodding all sympathetic like. Like, bitch, we know when you were in rooms and engaged in conversations and when you weren't. I wouldn't be nodding like you were. 

I didn’t witness it myself, but I read that Jackson said Jessica should “go back to Mexico”.  

Just now, RedheadZombie said:

I didn’t witness it myself, but I read that Jackson said Jessica should “go back to Mexico”.  

So here's where it gets... weird? Mexico was code word for sequesterville. A lot of times the HGs in the first few weeks would talk about their trip to Mexico and it meant "when we were locked in our hotel rooms in sequester". But at the same time, Jack called Jessica "Consuela" and said something about going back to Mexico, as well. So I'm not quite sure where to fall on that. I give Jackson no passes but this is the hardest one for me to interpret because of the sequester nickname. 

I mean, just for the sequester nickname alone, at least it's better than BB19's "durr" nickname for the DR and BB17's "fairies" for Production. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, alihart41 said:

None of their answers were great, but Jackson is so much more well-spoken than Holly is. Or at least a better memorizer.

But Jackson comes across as fake, like Sylvester Stallone as Rambo in the next Lego Head Movie.  Holly was nervous and that made her human.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, missyb said:

All Jackson hears is that Holly called him a tool on national television.

Holly did better than I expected on the questions.

Me too.  For the first time all season, I liked Beth.

• Love 1

I never noticed this the first time I watched but I appreciate Production trolling Jack just a little more in his Part 3 HoH comp video. I'm sure the wind machine was meant to make his luscious locks flow around him like he was in a Pantene commercial but instead it blew his hair directly into his mouth and face and it was hilarious watching him try to maintain his cool facade while attempting to stop eating his hair for his mid-day snack. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, Rbonnie said:

Does Tim’s mean Tim Horton’s? Girl, I love that place so much I bought stock in the parent company (they also own Popeye’s chicken and Burger King). But what is a double double? I love maple flavored anything and I was recently driving through Pennsylvania and saw a Tim Horton’s and we really overdid the maple donuts, glazed ones and filled ones too.  Best day of my life! 

Whoa now, how dear you!  You are a traitor to America.  Everyone knows that this is the land of Dunkin' Donuts. That Canadian menace tried to befoul my state and we kicked them out.  

I then said, in my most brainwashed voice, "I want to go shopping at the Brick because Arisa has told me to do so."

Obviously I am joking, but I do feel the need to post this disclaimer because I have posted stuff like this in the past on other boards and people have gotten offended.  

Seriously though, there was a TH opened in my state and I sadly did not last.  I think I went there once and it was good.  

1 hour ago, PaperTree said:

Indeed!

And what was up with that Amish no mustache with an ugly beard thing?

I think he had that look in the house as well, because I remember thinking, "Is he on Rumspringa?"

47 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

ROFL Go fuck another minion doll and record it. 

https://twitter.com/jcmounduix/status/1177053853021138944?s=21

Come on I just got that image out of my head and then you have to bring it back.  Thanks...

Not thrilled that Jackson won, but to quote the late great Macho Man Randy Savage, naturally it was a coke fueled promo, "It is, what it is.  Oh yeah dig it.  Snap into a Slim Jim."

I would have rather Holly win but in the end the person who dominated the game won.  I did find it funny that he was miserable.

• LOL 5