Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 General Discussion

bref
  • Start Topic

I'm glad y'all will be watching this season, because I can't.  Once the babies get old enough to know what's going on, they break my heart.  I could barely make it through the promo.

But I do want to know what happens to Kaiser Roll, as there is no way in hell that his biological parents can raise him successfully.  I'm afraid that Barbara will wind up with him, and that won't be fair to anyone.

I hear ya, Fosca. I said in the other thread that I don't know if I can hang. Of course, I say that every season. 

But seriously, everyone looks to be a hot mess, and as you point out--those poor kids. Janelle really should not be given any more of a platform for her insanity and I actually feel like a bad person watching her as "entertainment". (Not as bad as MTV should feel, though, for prolonging this.) 

• Love 3

I saw the preview of Season 5 yesterday.  It seems like MTV is playing up Jace's behavioral problems.  I don't know how I feel about that.  Unfortunately, Jace is doomed.  Everyone knows it, but it makes it really tough to watch it, especially since there's another kid on the way (with an even more unfortunate name).

• Love 3

This is one of those shows I keep telling myself I can't watch anymore, and yet I find I can't look away. It's sad.

Gunderda they're currently filming but the show starts in a couple of weeks?  Tell me they're not starting on Season 6.  Maybe they're just filming the rest of "Season 5 part 2" and they're way more up to date than usual.

I have zero patience for Leah's ranting about her medical bills.  I have two children with disabilities like Ali's, and my yearly gross income is $50k.  Leah has MTV money, Jeremy probably makes double or triple what I do, and anytime Leah gets a magazine cover/article/interview she rakes in major $$$.  I mean believe me, I get the extra stress and problems that come along with a disabled child, since I have two.  Especially the extra expenses.  But I'd trade places with Leah in a heartbeat.  I can barely pay my mortgage each month and my house is a piece of shit.  Then I have to hear her whining about money on her $$$$$$how?  Beyond obnoxious.

• Love 4

I have zero patience for Leah's ranting about her medical bills.  I have two children with disabilities like Ali's, and my yearly gross income is $50k.  Leah has MTV money, Jeremy probably makes double or triple what I do, and anytime Leah gets a magazine cover/article/interview she rakes in major $$$.  I mean believe me, I get the extra stress and problems that come along with a disabled child, since I have two.  Especially the extra expenses.  But I'd trade places with Leah in a heartbeat.  I can barely pay my mortgage each month and my house is a piece of shit.  Then I have to hear her whining about money on her $$$$$$how?  Beyond obnoxious.

I completely agree. They also had a clip in one of the previews where Jeremy is yelling at her for buying too much shit or something like that and then she's crying and saying she's not money-hungry. I grew up in WV just a few hours from Leah and I see a lot of people live like that. It's easy because the cost of living is so cheap out there that if you make an above average income you have a lot of extra money to blow on crap like that. You know Leah is making MUCH more than the average household income in WV (which is around 40k/year right now). 

But it sounds like with the medical bills she can't also be blowing tons of money on other things. Not to mention 3 kids can get expensive really fast. I doubt Jeremy has insurance through his job since he seems to do contract work and Leah doesn't work. 

• Love 1

Due to the money they earn on the show and their quasi-star status, these girls are far removed from the normal teen Mom life. In fact this show, as entertaining as it is, is much more in line with a show like Keeping up with Kardashians....I.e. every season someone has to get married, someone has to get divorced, someone has to become pregnant, someone has to move, someone has to have a drug problem, etc. if they don't keep the new plot lines coming, interest in them dies down and eventually the show will be cancelled.

I kind if wonder if they get together between seasons and make decisions on what is next for each character... The only thing they are missing is a Kris Jenner character to oversee them all. :)

Leah bitching about money again is seriously getting on my last nerve. In fact, I am done about her bitching about money. That is all she does. She and Kail are the worst when it comes to bitching and complaining. Two whiny, nagging, and fugly wenches. With all the money Jeremy makes and her money, they should be storing it away like the squirrels do with their nuts. What the hell is Leah spending their money on that she finds herself bitching about it?

• Love 4
(edited)

Oh WAIT until the MTV / Mag article money stops rolling in.  Leah does not have a clue what's in store for her financially.  Know that.  And judging by the trailers I see everyone's hair is fucked up again.  Oy.  Chelsey's frosted lipstick ....

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 1

Leah definitely looks like ten miles of bad road. The fuck was Jeremy thinking???

He could have gotten all he wanted out of Leah without marrying her and certainly without adding another baby to that shit show.

Perhaps Robbie is still in town. He should stop being so selfish and give seminars on how to avoid pussy traps laid by the likes of Leah.

Maybe demonstrations on how to double wrap on a condom. Or how not to be mesmerized by the multi colored hair.

• Love 1

Leah definitely looks like ten miles of bad road. The fuck was Jeremy thinking???

Hee. I need to work ten miles of bad road into my everyday speech from now on.  But yes, Jeremy was the one pushing to accelerate the relationship with marriage and a baby so he apparently likes his girls rough and whiny.  He certainly got that with Leah.

• Love 2

It sounded like Leah spent a ton of money to become a Mary Kay consultant from the previews. Knowing her lack of ambition, she will fail miserably after exhausting her circle of friends/family willing to buy her crap. How can she possibly think she has time to sell Mary Kay? AFAIK, the only people who succeed at that are people willing to go out and network and don't have a special needs child at home, along with 2 other kids. I'm looking forward to the drama between her and Jeremy this season, Leah seems hellbent on ruining her marriage.

• Love 1

It sounded like Leah spent a ton of money to become a Mary Kay consultant from the previews. Knowing her lack of ambition, she will fail miserably after exhausting her circle of friends/family willing to buy her crap. How can she possibly think she has time to sell Mary Kay? AFAIK, the only people who succeed at that are people willing to go out and network and don't have a special needs child at home, along with 2 other kids. I'm looking forward to the drama between her and Jeremy this season, Leah seems hellbent on ruining her marriage.

She probably thinks she can just tweet her Mary Kay store link or whatever and her "fans" will buy thousands of dollars worth of crap and she will barely have to do any work. Didn't Kailyn or someone sell Scentsy for a while and was spamming her Twitter with crap about it?

(edited)

If Leah thinks she's drowning in medical bills, get a job! I hate how she lives off of whoever she's with.   And then has the nerve to bitch at them about working.  Kail and Leah are definitely the bitchiest ones. 

Edited by Ljohnson1987
  • Love 2

Ugh, Kail is *still* such an insufferable NAG! She's exhausting to watch. #freeJavi! Isaac is so adorably verbal, though -- "don't yell at Lincoln's daddy!" Indeed, little duckface, indeed.

Chelsea is just...dim, isn't she? She needs a long shower and a clue or two. Sweet, harmless, but so so limited, mentally. It's amazing.

Jenelle, ironically, will always have a steady stream of income, owing to her inherent trainwreck tendencies. When the TM2 gravy train dries up, there'll be Celebrity Rehab or Marriage Boot Camp or some other nonsense willing to pay her in exchange for exploiting her overall weakness of character habitual drug (and spousal) abuse. I weep for her children.

• Love 1

I think Corey has decent insurance, I resounded like they were just waiting for a definitive diagnosis before approving the power wheelchair. In the previews, it appears she does have one.

Kail is a miserable bitch. It's okay for Isaac to call Javi dad, but not okay for Isaac to call Vee, mom (which it doesn't appear he does). And how is Isaac visiting his father supposed to be a benefit to Kail? I cannot stand her.

• Love 2
(edited)

I need for you guys with kids to explain Grandparents rights to me. I'm confused about Adam's parents. If its Adams visitation time and he's not available can't Chelsea say "bring my child back?"

From the previews it seems as if Adam's parents give Chelsea shit about where Aubree is. Doesn't this woman have a right to know if her child is in the car with his drunk driving daddy or safe with them?

Cause how about I come get my kid and you can go fuck yourselves?

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 2
(edited)

Okay, which of you can tell your mother to go "f" yourself, you dumb bitch???? That was so gross to me that I actually got nauseous. That has to be the worse scene on TM2 ever.

Edited by ethalfrida
  • Love 1

Okay, which of you can tell your mother to go "f" yourself, you dumb bitch????

I could do it exactly once.  Then she would murder me with her bare hands (an act that I'm pretty sure would qualify as justifiable homicide)

• Love 3

My DVR recorded two shows this week: an hour long recap of last season combined with clips from the upcoming season, and a 30 minute episode dedicated to the kids.

Not sure if I can ask this here but are there other alternatives to TWoP besides this site? 

I had no clue these shows were coming on. I just happened to list my DVR contents after recording a 6 hour marathon of Bait Car and saw Teen Mom 2. I thought they were reruns at first.

I have Time Warner Cable in NYC and the guide shows MTV replaying the 5B Catchup and what's coming up this season on 7/15 at 7 p.m. and 7/16 at midnight. They are also showing a marathon of TM2 right up to the new show at 10 p.m.

Same here - two popped up on my DVR, one was a "Toddler" special that featured the kids, and one was a "Catch Up Special."  They both had sneak peeks of the new season if I remember right.

I almost couldn't watch the previews or reruns of Jenelle's fights with her Mom. Awful.

"I can't not take being around another one of my childs."

Let's all read that again, shall we?

Thank you, Nathan, for what is probably one of the worst cases of grammatical butchery I have ever heard. 

I fear for western civilization with idiots like Nathan and Jenelle reproducing.

• Love 4
(edited)

If Leah thinks she's drowning in medical bills, get a job! I hate how she lives off of whoever she's with.   And then has the nerve to bitch at them about working.  Kail and Leah are definitely the bitchiest ones. 

According to Leah it's DROWNDing in medical bills.  Oh, and rest soundly tonight 'cause Leah got a part time job at TANfastic (the local tanning salon?) so I assume she's pulling in enough dough to cover all those pesky medical costs!

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 2

According to Leah it's DROWNDing in medical bills.  Oh, and rest soundly tonight 'cause Leah got a part time job at TANfastic (the local tanning salon?) so I assume she's pulling in enough dough to cover all those pesky medical costs!

And I'm sure in no time she'll be sporting skin a shade of orange not to be found in any rainbow just like Chelsey did when she was working at a tanning salon.

Didn't Kailyn also work at a tanning salon at one point?

Maybe the strive to get those jobs for the free perks of unlimited tanning.  The deeper the orange, the more hours they're putting in, maybe?  

Is anyone else sickened by the fact that they're promoting this "Virgin Territory" show RIGHT AFTER Teen Mom 2?  I've only seen the previews and won't watch the show, but the commercials are making it look like they're glamorizing the "first time."  Doesn't that kind of throw the whole "we're preventing teen pregnancies!" message out completely. I mean I wasn't buying it anyway, but wow... way to be obvious, seems like to me anyway.

• Love 2

Is anyone else sickened by the fact that they're promoting this "Virgin Territory" show RIGHT AFTER Teen Mom 2?  I've only seen the previews and won't watch the show, but the commercials are making it look like they're glamorizing the "first time."  Doesn't that kind of throw the whole "we're preventing teen pregnancies!" message out completely. I mean I wasn't buying it anyway, but wow... way to be obvious, seems like to me anyway.

Yes! Despite FFing through all commercials I couldn't avoid MTV's promos for this. Unbelievable.

To be fair, there are plenty of moms with disabled kids that have no choice but to work outside the home, and they manage better than Leah.

Fathers too.  I know a guy who has custody of his kids, one of whom has special needs. He works full-time. His ex doesn't do squat but stays home caring for her kids from her new relationship.  Leah is extremely lucky to be able to be home with her girls, but it grates on my last nerve with her complaints. Why don't these girls think before bringing a new baby into their miserable lives, how much they are struggling now?

• Love 2
(edited)

Keeping with the Leah discussion, apparently despite all the financial and emotional difficulties of raising 3 kids, she is saying now she wants another. This one a boy.

http://www.wetpaint.com/leah-messer/articles/2014-07-18-leah-messer-jeremy-calvert-want-baby-boy?utm_campaign=repromote&utm_medium=fnpg-network&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=140595932399442

LMAO I hope she isn't seriously thinking about having one soon, and she didn't mention that, but who knows with the drama queen.  Either she is seeking some attention or she is trying for a band-aid baby, is what I'm thinking. 

Edited by HeySandyStrange

"I can't not take being around another one of my childs."

Let's all read that again, shall we?

Thank you, Nathan, for what is probably one of the worst cases of grammatical butchery I have ever heard. 

I fear for western civilization with idiots like Nathan and Jenelle reproducing.

I think all three of the "childs" would be better off far, far away from these pitiful excuses for parents. At least it appears that has happened for Nathan's first...

• Love 3

Why does Kail make it seem like inviting Vee and Jo to Isaac's birthday party is some saintly duty? He's Isaac's father, and wants to be involved. Kail gets on my last nerve. You should've thought about what life would be like with two kids before you got pregnant, and married Javi for his benefits. 

I think its the color and volume.  Leah is a tiny girl with tiny features.  She needs a more natural hairstyle. Her natural color seems to be a light brown.  If she kept that, added a few lighter highlights around her face to warm up her skin, and thinned out the layers -- I think she would look great.  

I just don't understand why these girls dye their hair that horrendous shade of blond. They were all rocking it for a while, but it looked the worse on Leah. The color, combined with the 45 pounds of makeups she insists on wearing makes her look like a hard-worn 40 year old.

Wow--that selfie at the end of the article is just scary.  Between the totally-fake "smile", the spider-leg mascara, and the poofy straw hair, she looks like a young Tammy Faye Bakker, which isn't really something to aspire to.

• Love 1
(edited)

Wow. That haircut didn't do her any favors from the front view. She reminds me a lot of Kate Gosselin....YIKES! Not a good role model, for sure!

Maybe if she went a little less with the volumizer.. ? Maybe?

Edited by fliptopbox
  • Love 1

Wow. That haircut didn't do her any favors from the front view. She reminds me a lot of Kate Gosselin....YIKES! Not a good role model, for sure!

Maybe if she went a little less with the volumizer.. ? Maybe?

That's what I was thinking. I saw the side/back and thought it was kind of cute....but then I scrolled down to the front picture. Yikes is right. Wayyyy too much teasing.

And I heard she's going to cosmetology school now? Is this like the new thing for people who decide they can't figure out what else they want to do? I think some of these people (besides Chelsea) don't know what to do with their life, don't want to spend the time going back to regular school, and figure "hey! 10 months of school and then I can only work 2 days a week?? Sign me up!" regardless if they've ever had any interest whatsoever in doing hair. I have a friend who did the exact same thing after having a couple kids early. And I can tell you that she never had any interest in beauty, hair, makeup, etc. in her life. Now she just occasionally cuts family members/friends hair for money at her house. Never really turned it into a career (or wanted to in my opinion).