Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I’m out. Marie Osmond is soooooooo annoying. They should have gone with a semi news entertainment reporter like the background that Julie Chen had:

https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/01/marie-osmond-the-talk-replacing-sara-gilbert/

I'd be happy if Marie was replacing Carrie Ann.  Cause yes, having terminal cancer is the same as you dealing with your autoimmune disease🙄.  I have an autoimmune disease and I don't feel "shame" about it like she does.

I was trying to think of someone who lives on the West Coast who has a news/entertainment reporter background and all I can think of is Natalie Morales.  However, she is still under contract with NBC.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Cementhead said:

What do we hate love most about Marie?  Her cackling or her 3 lbs. of hair extensions?  Was there nobody else left to ask?

Of the women who've been regular fill-ins, Carnie likes to pop in occasionally and Jodie Sweetin wouldn't want to talk about Lori Loughlin's criminal activity/court case so that leaves Marie. I actually don't mind her. She's corny (bless her heart) and her laugh can be annoying, but she fits in with the other hosts.

3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I'd be happy if Marie was replacing Carrie Ann.  Cause yes, having terminal cancer is the same as you dealing with your autoimmune disease🙄.  I have an autoimmune disease and I don't feel "shame" about it like she does.

I was trying to think of someone who lives on the West Coast who has a news/entertainment reporter background and all I can think of is Natalie Morales.  However, she is still under contract with NBC.  

She's on the entertainment show Billy Bush used to host, right?

It's too bad Gayle King is working in NYC. She'd be a good fit imo.

2 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Of the women who've been regular fill-ins, Carnie likes to pop in occasionally and Jodie Sweetin wouldn't want to talk about Lori Loughlin's criminal activity/court case so that leaves Marie. I actually don't mind her. She's corny (bless her heart) and her laugh can be annoying, but she fits in with the other hosts.

It's too bad Gayle King is working in NYC. She'd be a good fit imo.

Nope, she left Access a couple of weeks ago.  

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

They booted Natalie in favor of hiring Mario Lopez to host it. Right now NBC is saying she'll be a West Coast Correspondent. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Jaded said:

They booted Natalie in favor of hiring Mario Lopez to host it. Right now NBC is saying she'll be a West Coast Correspondent. 

That's too bad and pretty shitty of NBC to just drop her, but that's the entertainment business for ya. :(

• Love 2

that model, whatever her name is, deserved the shouting and harsh words she received! if the bitch is wearing fur, i don't care how "nice" or young, or whatever she is. she needs and education. i'm glad no one stopped him. i used to think she was ok, but no more.

Can’t stand Marie and her fake boobs, fake hair and obnoxious voice.  I also despise her lying commercials for Nutrisystem.  She didn’t lose her 50lbs on that nasty food.  She lost almost all of it on Dancing With The Stars, and she admitted that during that series.  Carne would have a much better choice and more relatable to regular women.  

• Love 8

I've never been a huge Marie fan & if she's hired as moderator, I don't know.  SO is a lying pain in the ass &, as much as I warmed up to Carrie Ann, it's beginning to cool due to all of her "issues" & tears.  Just sayin'. 

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

I've never been a huge Marie fan & if she's hired as moderator, I don't know.  SO is a lying pain in the ass &, as much as I warmed up to Carrie Ann, it's beginning to cool due to all of her "issues" & tears.  Just sayin'. 

I love Carrie Ann but the constant tears about everything are starting to grate a bit..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'm pretty sure Carrie Ann will fill the moderator role since she's been trading off with Sara. She's done a good job, but I do think someone with a journalist background would've been a better choice.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

as much as I warmed up to Carrie Ann, it's beginning to cool due to all of her "issues" & tears.  Just sayin'. 

Might be the reason she goes thru so many boyfriends. They start off liking her, but then ISSUES!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Might be the reason she goes thru so many boyfriends. They start off liking her, but then ISSUES!

I'm guessing you're right!!  I don't know a man that could handle a woman who is so easily brought to tears (on just about any subject).  Personally, I can't help but like her because she's so needy, but ...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mikita said:

Sigh. I like Carrie Ann, but yes, the emotional breakdowns and tears needs to be kept to a minimum. You too Sheryl. Every episode tears. 

I do think that some topics like sexual abuse, loneliness and familial bonds triggers them. Also, I don't know what it is like to have been sexually violated and having family members who did nothing to help you. Both of their mothers did nothing to really help them with their respective traumas.  Sheryl's mom blamed her and Carrie Ann's was in denial. However, I will take their tears over Rosie O'Donnell's simmering rage who was always on the verge of exploding like a volcano. I too love Rosie, despite it all. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I love Carrie Ann but the constant tears about everything are starting to grate a bit..

If you're tired of Carrie Ann's constant tears, just wait until MO arrives.  She cries if her toilet doesn't flush right.  And her tears are so phony because she's sobbing one minute and the next she's dry eyed.  And yes, I've not ever liked MO.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 5/1/2019 at 5:45 PM, ByaNose said:

They should have gone with a semi news entertainment reporter like the background that Julie Chen had

I was hoping for a news person too.  It felt like they were interviewing Deborah Norville when she was on earlier in the week,  

• Love 2

This week’s schedule:

Monday - the annual Daytime Emmy after-party with appearances from many of the night’s biggest winners.

Tuesday - Actor David James Elliott.

Wednesday - Actor Scott Foley; Top Talker Peter Daut.

Thursday - Actor Johnny Galecki; Top Talker Janee Bolden.

Friday - Actress Denise Richards; actor Tom Ellis; actress Rachael Harris. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Well, THAT announcement was anti-climatic!!!  Bummer!!

Sharon's smile was so forced, she is not happy with this addition. I cannot say that I blame her.  I am not thrilled with Marie Osmond either, but, if it annoys Sharon then I can deal. I am so happy that Sharon no longer has any power. Julie and Les leaving has really defanged her, now she is just an employee like anybody on the stage; she too can be replace. 

• Love 6

The trades have been saying that Julie Chen has been nosing around trying to see if they will accept her back on The Talk.  Sara would have to agree to that because she will still be executive producer.  

• LOL 2
10 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

The trades have been saying that Julie Chen has been nosing around trying to see if they will accept her back on The Talk.  Sara would have to agree to that because she will still be executive producer.  

God, I hope not. We don't need to see Julie Chen anymore. Couldn't stand her.

• Love 5
(edited)

I wonder if Julie sniffing around CBS (for something other than BB) and possibly looking for work elsewhere is why she's been seen with her head all bandaged up.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 4

OH God, not Marie Osmond. She is so phony and unrelateable. YUK>

Nice ass kissing she did to everyone.

But WTF has she done to her face. She is starting to look like Jocelyn Wildenstein, the cat lady. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, KLovestoShop said:

I doubt that she will be back. Unless, she divorces Les.  It would be very uncomfortable for all of the ladies and the people behind the scenes, given what Les did to women. Julie needs to move on, not to be superficial, but she is set for life.  She can devote herself to other things in life that interests her and she can be a full time mom to her son who will have to deal with his dad's unfortunate legacy. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

I wonder if Julie sniffing around CBS (for something other than BB) and possibly looking for work elsewhere is why she's been seen with her head all bandaged up.

"All bandaged up" as in someone hit her or some plastic surgery modifications?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I would assume plastic surgery for some sort of a comeback. It may just be a new season of Big Brother, but competition between women and how they look in LA is fierce. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I would assume plastic surgery for some sort of a comeback. It may just be a new season of Big Brother, but competition between women and how they look in LA is fierce. 

The sad thing is that Julie does not need any plastic surgery. I remember her opening up about how she was told to look less Asian when she worked in Ohio as a news reporter. The same thing was told to Oprah, she was actually told to get a nose job and to lighten her skin.  The kicker was that she was told this by another Black woman. It is just insane!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

4 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

It looks like plastic surgery from the pics in this DailyMail article.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Jaded said:

It looks like plastic surgery from the pics in this DailyMail article.

Why Julie ? why? I remember when they had their makeup-free day as a season opener. Julie looked so youthful and beautiful without all the make-up and hair extensions. Aisha as well. Sharon had beautiful skin, wow.. To have kept her pale skin like that while living in California was an achievement in my eyes.. I know that she has had help with surgeries, but, still.. Megan McCain rivaled her in beautiful skin and she is from Arizona.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The sad thing is that Julie does not need any plastic surgery. I remember her opening up about how she was told to look less Asian when she worked in Ohio as a news reporter

14 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Julie looked so youthful and beautiful without all the make-up and hair extensions. 

She was so pretty sans makeup and I can’t imagine what pressure she felt to undergo any surgery. 

Why ever would she go out with her head all wrapped in bandages? I’d be in hiding! As I’ve heard said when you are in show business...bad press is better than no press. 🙄

• Love 3

Hard pass with Marie Osmond as a regular host.  I'd have probably not watched even with her as a guest host or a guest.

Has to be a regional anchor who would do as well, plus, hey CBS, probably for a lot less money.

• Love 6

What do I dislike about Marie O besides the fake hair, fake teeth, fake eyelashes, fake weight loss story? I’ve seen a number of interviews with Marie and she has this annoying habit of saying something she thinks is so cute and funny, she waits one, two, three seconds and when no one laughs, she says “But, no”. “Hee, hee, hee”. You are not funny or smart, Marie. Just watch, viewers. She’ll do the same thing on this show and you’ll be sick of it in nothing flat. I really can’t believe that TPTB couldn’t fine ONE person better suited to this show than Marie. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Do you guys think that the ladies still keep in touch with Julie? Something tells me that they have all remained distant and I include Aisha. She did not mince words when it came to Les..

I think it's a case of "out of sight, out of mind"!!!  I don't think Julie inspired undying loyalty from "the ladies", but Sheryl may be the exception.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

I guess this show is allergic to young people.

I can’t remember which poster suggested her (shout me out if you’re reading this), but Matthew McConaughey’s wife Camila Alves was a good fit when she guest hosted last year and she’s 37. Other than her and Jodie Sweetin I can’t think of any other guest hosts below 45-50 who’ve filled in. 

4 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I think it's a case of "out of sight, out of mind"!!!  I don't think Julie inspired undying loyalty from "the ladies", but Sheryl may be the exception.

Pretty much. Obviously Sharon wouldn’t stay in contact with her since they hated each other. Eve worked with Julie for a year and Carrie Ann less and Sara’s busy with her work and family. 

I also don’t believe Julie’s coming back. I’m sure a big part of her would like to return (mostly to have something to do), but like @Apprentice79 said, it would be way too awkward for the other hosts and for her whenever topics of sexual harassment or scandals come up. That ship’s sailed.

Here Marie goes with the “Mrs. O” shit. If I had to put up with only Mrs. O I’d send Sharon off on her broom so fast...

On a much lighter note, can we just bask in the sexiness of David James Elliott? That voice! 

• Love 3

I just got really spooked out by the video they showed of the man getting bitten in the face by a snake! 

When is Marie coming on full time? I’m not so sure that I’m going to like that. 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I just got really spooked out by the video they showed of the man getting bitten in the face by a snake! 

When is Marie coming on full time? I’m not so sure that I’m going to like that. 

That snake bite was frightening, for sure.  I've never seen anything like that!

Marie will be joining the ladies in the Fall.

• Love 4

Catching up on a couple of episodes. 

Marie. Sigh. Just not looking forward to her official arrival in the fall. She needs to lay off of the plastic surgery and work on coming across as genuine. She just seemed really fake to me.

The snake! I'm with Sara, I would first run away and then just fall down and die. lol One thing that was not clear to me though, was this just a random snake hanging out,or was it the homeowners pet?

Sharon, will she still have a job? Listening to her speech about the money for the student lunches. It was admirable and then she suggested the the CBS execs pool out $20,000 to match by Friday. She publicly called them out. How could they not donate. But that job?hmm.

• Love 5

Sharon took a shot at Leah once again. She had a monologue where she said that she was accused of getting a co-worker fired who wrote that allegation in her book and she did no such thing. She said Leah got herself fired, of course she never said her name, but we know who she was referring to.. What a vile woman! She is so obsessed with Leah, the lady doeth protest too much.

• Love 12