Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Mikita said:

That jump seemed way too close to the rocks for me. So surprised that the ladies were okay with it. 

I felt sick watching it, because I have phobias of both heights and certain bodies of water. Let's face it, if Tom Brady were Mr. Average John Q. Citizen, he'd be in jail and/or the kids would be in foster care.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Mikita said:

I have been saying for years that it was wrong for her to do this. No male host would or could get away with body hugging a female guest and practically demanding that she kiss him. Now in this age of metoo# Sheryl has definitely toned down that behavior. I couldn't be more thankful for this! It used to annoy the hell out of me. Sherry Shepherd used to do it on The View too. Disgusting behavior IMO.

That jump seemed way too close to the rocks for me. So surprised that the ladies were okay with it. 

Remember when she shoved her tongue down John Stamos’s throat? Not only did it cross the line, I didn’t like how they played it off like a harmless smooch instead of the violation it was. 

A show without Sharon is a good one for me (minus the defense of Tom Brady’s idiocy). Brigitte was great, but I’m really looking forward to Bonnie Hunt filling in. Daytime needs her back imo. 

• Love 8

Man, it was so great to see Bonnie on the show today!!  I love her humour & ability to address any subject with empathy & wit.

Charo was a shock!!!  I didn't know her husband had committed suicide & even though she was difficult to understand, I gleaned enough to comprehend her heartache & desire to help others fighting depression.

I didn't understand what Sara's father had done for Charo.  Does anyone else know?

One thing I must say is that today's group of ladies listened to Charo with the most empathy I've ever seen.  (I'm SO glad Mrs. O wasn't there!!!)

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Man, it was so great to see Bonnie on the show today!!  I love her humour & ability to address any subject with empathy & wit.

Charo was a shock!!!  I didn't know her husband had committed suicide & even though she was difficult to understand, I gleaned enough to comprehend her heartache & desire to help others fighting depression.

I didn't understand what Sara's father had done for Charo.  Does anyone else know?

One thing I must say is that today's group of ladies listened to Charo with the most empathy I've ever seen.  (I'm SO glad Mrs. O wasn't there!!!)

Sara’s dad was Charo’s attorney.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, marymary said:

Why can’t we have Bonnie instead of Marie? Come oooooon CBS! And add Brigitte Neilson (sp?) while you’re at it. 

Bonnie lives in Chicago, but I agree she'd be a good fit.

God bless Charo. I have a feeling Sheryl especially will give her lots of support.

• Love 5

I wish Bonnie could move to LA and sit right where she's been for the past two days. She is funny, witty and very likeable. The panel is so much better without Mrs. O and will get worse with Marie. Charo and Sheryl made me tear up. Hard thing to have in common.

• Love 7

Another pleasurable show to watch today.  Bonnie Hunt❣️  Margaret Cho❣️ Love both of them and together 🥰😍   Oh... and No SO❣️

Charo:  back in the 80s she was considered a joke in a lot of circles.  I saw her in LV.  She was the opener for I don’t remember who, but I do remember her.  She was so entertaining and cute.  And man! Can she play the flamenco guitar!  I felt so bad for her about her husbands suicide.  It was only 6 months ago and from the way she was unburdening herself it may have been a bit too soon to be there.  But maybe that was therapeutic for her.  

• Love 6
On 7/25/2019 at 5:20 PM, Medicine Crow said:

Bonnie Hunt needs to be on a new sitcom. I love her. Too bad her talk show was cancelled too.

• Love 3
On 7/26/2019 at 5:47 PM, Lifesabeach said:

Another pleasurable show to watch today.  Bonnie Hunt❣️  Margaret Cho❣️ Love both of them and together 🥰😍   Oh... and No SO❣️

Charo:  back in the 80s she was considered a joke in a lot of circles.  I saw her in LV.  She was the opener for I don’t remember who, but I do remember her.  She was so entertaining and cute.  And man! Can she play the flamenco guitar!  I felt so bad for her about her husbands suicide.  It was only 6 months ago and from the way she was unburdening herself it may have been a bit too soon to be there.  But maybe that was therapeutic for her.  

She was considered a joke and a bimbo and was only on t.v. shows for the spectacle of a curvy witless idiotic female. We learned she is more than that but her fame was, at least in this country , built on sexism.  I found her funny as a child and I like her a lot now, I recently watched a show about her family life and was also shocked to here about her husband and I feel for her. 

On 7/25/2019 at 8:20 PM, marymary said:

Why can’t we have Bonnie instead of Marie? Come oooooon CBS! And add Brigitte Neilson (sp?) while you’re at it. 

Really sucks we have to soon watch plastic, troweled on make-up, cult religion member, Marie.  Was Bonnie Hunt to talented for them?

On 7/26/2019 at 5:47 PM, Lifesabeach said:

And thank goodness for sub-titles!!

• Love 1

Schedule for this week (not looking forward to Friday 😢)

Monday - TBA 

Tuesday - Actress Andie MacDowall.

Wednesday - Actress Patricia Arquette.

Thursday - Actress Poppy Montgomery; actor Eugenio Derbez.

Friday - Host Sara Gilbert’s farewell episode with a performance from wife Linda Perry and daughter Sawyer. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, rmcrae said:

Friday - Host Sara Gilbert’s farewell episode with a performance from wife Linda Perry and daughter Sawyer. 

2 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

That's going to be hard to watch!!

• Love 3
On 7/28/2019 at 11:11 PM, Medicine Crow said:

That's going to be hard to watch!!

Exactly! I know Sheryl in particular will be a puddle by the end of it. I always liked the rapport they had. 

I don’t know where the wench is, but please let her stay there until Friday. This break from her bullshit has been wonderful.

• Love 6
On 7/29/2019 at 12:08 AM, rmcrae said:

Monday - TBA 

Tuesday - Actress Andie MacDowall.

Wednesday - Actress Patricia Arquette.

Thursday - Actress Poppy Montgomery; actor Eugenio Derbez.

Sara's farewell show should have been live...

• Love 1

I'm not looking forward to Friday's show. Sara was the glue. She really came into her own this past year. It won't be the same without her. 😢

Monday's show is the first I recall since I've been watching (which is over three years now) that there wasn't a guest. I guess maybe someone bailed at the last minute and they couldn't get anyone else in time?

Their collective diss of the woman ranting on Twitter about how people without children should be banned from Disneyland was priceless. Sara's joke about the "slutty" shorts and Sheryl rubbing it in about the pretzel had me in hysterics. 😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I'm not looking forward to Friday's show. Sara was the glue. She really came into her own this past year. It won't be the same without her. 😢

Monday's show is the first I recall since I've been watching (which is over three years now) that there wasn't a guest. I guess maybe someone bailed at the last minute and they couldn't get anyone else in time?

Their collective diss of the woman ranting on Twitter about how people without children should be banned from Disneyland was priceless. Sara's joke about the "slutty" shorts and Sheryl rubbing it in about the pretzel had me in hysterics. 😂

“It was good, bitch!” LOL. 

I only caught the last segment of today’s show (interrupted by news coverage about a fire) and sure enough the Flamin’ Hot Cheetos haired she-devil was back. 🙄

• LOL 6
On 7/30/2019 at 11:23 PM, Pearson80 said:

Sara's farewell show should have been live...

Well, today's show was pretaped (with Brigitte guest-hosting). Maybe they did it that way so Sara's exit could be live. I think they did it that way for Aisha's last show.

23 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Well, today's show was pretaped (with Brigitte guest-hosting). Maybe they did it that way so Sara's exit could be live. I think they did it that way for Aisha's last show.

Sara will be missed.  I was surprised they didn't include goodbye messages from other past co-hosts.  I wouldn't expect Holly and Leah but Julie and Aisha would have been nice to see.  

• Love 7
On 8/1/2019 at 8:58 PM, catlover79 said:

I think Aisha’s goodbye show was taped too.

37 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Sara will be missed.  I was surprised they didn't include goodbye messages from other past co-hosts.  I wouldn't expect Holly and Leah but Julie and Aisha would have been nice to see.  

Indeed. I liked her sarcasm and her good heart. She’s not the most lively person, but she’s really genuine and “what you see is what you get”. I do have a bit of a bone to pick with her though. Sara, when Sharon initially turned down a seat at the table, you should’ve turned on your heels and NEVER looked back

It was good seeing Leah and Holly in a few of the flashback clips and a message from Aisha would’ve been nice, but I’m not surprised TPTB didn’t contact Julie for a message. It probably would’ve been too much of a distraction and brought up all the Moonves controversy again. 

I don’t even have kids and I teared up like I was Sawyer’s mama during that performance. It was so sweet. 

I saw a promo for Monday’s show tagged as “all new” (can’t remember the guest) so I guess they’re airing a final week of pre-taped shows before the hiatus. 

• Love 6

Why does Sara's wife look like a gang member? Is it the music, what's her story? I would never have guessed she'd be attracted to that style. And the promos said  her son would be on but I think they introduced the child as a  she? Going to miss her and will give Ms Osmond a try but I don't have high hopes for continued viewing. Only staying for Carrie and the occasional Sheryl. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, msrachelj said:

Why does Sara's wife look like a gang member? Is it the music, what's her story? I would never have guessed she'd be attracted to that style. And the promos said  her son would be on but I think they introduced the child as a  she? Going to miss her and will give Ms Osmond a try but I don't have high hopes for continued viewing. Only staying for Carrie and the occasional Sheryl. 

My DVR guide advertised that her daughter Sawyer would appear and that’s exactly who showed up and sang. Sawyer does look different since her last appearance on the show though and I can see how one might think Sawyer is a boy if they didn’t know otherwise. Sawyer reminded me of how Shiloh Jolie-Pitt dresses and styles herself, except Shiloh has had her hair short and worn “boy clothes” from a very young age. (I’ve read a few articles where Angelina Jolie specifically said that Shiloh dresses like her brothers because she idolizes them so much, hence my “boy clothes” comment.)

Sawyer is 12, which means there’s a 99.9% chance that she’s headed into grade 7. I’ve primarily taught grades 7-10 for the last decade and in my experience, until an adolescent male hits puberty (their voices change & they present with traditional masculine traits), it can be hard at times to definitively identify a pre-teen’s gender simply by looking at them or listening to them speak, especially in 2019. 

I am pretty confident that Sara’s son Levi was there too. He had to have been the young man who was standing to Sara’s right during the very last segment. It’s the only logical answer for “who is that teenager standing next to Sara?” 

I loved watching the majority of the crew as they listened to Sara say goodbye. It was a major indicator of how great it must be to work on that show. 

How many times did Sharon say “It’s like...” and then not finish her thought?

I can’t stand it when she does that. I’m dying to say to her: “Tell me, Sharon, what is it like?” 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Bridget said:

My DVR guide advertised that her daughter Sawyer would appear and that’s exactly who showed up and sang. Sawyer does look different since her last appearance on the show though and I can see how one might think Sawyer is a boy if they didn’t know otherwise. Sawyer reminded me of how Shiloh Jolie-Pitt dresses and styles herself, except Shiloh has had her hair short and worn “boy clothes” from a very young age. (I’ve read a few articles where Angelina Jolie specifically said that Shiloh dresses like her brothers because she idolizes them so much, hence my “boy clothes” comment.)

Sawyer is 12, which means there’s a 99.9% chance that she’s headed into grade 7. I’ve primarily taught grades 7-10 for the last decade and in my experience, until an adolescent male hits puberty (their voices change & they present with traditional masculine traits), it can be hard at times to definitively identify a pre-teen’s gender simply by looking at them or listening to them speak, especially in 2019. 

I am pretty confident that Sara’s son Levi was there too. He had to have been the young man who was standing to Sara’s right during the very last segment. It’s the only logical answer for “who is that teenager standing next to Sara?” 

I loved watching the majority of the crew as they listened to Sara say goodbye. It was a major indicator of how great it must be to work on that show. 

How many times did Sharon say “It’s like...” and then not finish her thought?

I can’t stand it when she does that. I’m dying to say to her: “Tell me, Sharon, what is it like?” 

Mohawk and “boyish” clothes or not, Sawyer is definitely Sara’s mini-me. Her vocal cracks and slightly off-pitch moments were endearing. It wasn’t perfect, but it was heartfelt. 

Sara reminds me of Meredith Vieira in that no matter what show she’s on or who she’s working with, she’s pleasant and easy-going and very grounded. I have not heard one bad word about either of them (despite dealing with some less than pleasant co-hosts) and the people they’ve worked with are genuinely sad to say goodbye and it’s easy to see why. In a daytime TV landscape where fighting and diva antics are tolerated and praised, it’s good to see some genuine good-hearted folks on the tube. 

Girl, I’m dying for Sharon to just shut up period! Lol. 

Edited by rmcrae
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I do have a bit of a bone to pick with her though. Sara, when Sharon initially turned down a seat at the table, you should’ve turned on your heels and NEVER looked back

When she said that, I thought, "Ohhhhh, so you're the one we need to thank blame ..."

20 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I don’t even have kids and I teared up like I was Sawyer’s mama during that performance. It was so sweet. 

It was. I couldn't believe that Sara was not a bawling mess during that performance.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

When she said that, I thought, "Ohhhhh, so you're the one we need to thank blame ..."

It was. I couldn't believe that Sara was not a bawling mess during that performance.

LOL! I do wonder if she ever secretly regretted encouraging Sharon to join the show. Well it’s not her problem anymore, but it’s still ours unfortunately.

Hee! Sara was probably dehydrated by that point. 

• Love 4
On 8/2/2019 at 9:18 PM, rmcrae said:

liked her sarcasm and her good heart. She’s not the most lively person, but she’s really genuine and “what you see is what you get”.

That's why I like Sara so much. I LOVE witty sarcastic types when there's no meanness. Sara's humor is exactly my cup of tea. She teases Sharon shamelessly, but you can tell there's no malice in it. I'm also not the most bubbly girl even though I try to be nice to people, so I feel like I just get Sara. Of all the folks on TV, she's one of the top people I could picture myself actually being friends with.

I'm a little behind on episodes, not looking forward to her last one. 😞

• Love 6

You’lI have one more episode to go after Sara’s farewell, @RealHousewife. Tomorrow is the last episode of the season (why Sara’s wasn’t, I don’t know) with Thomas Lennon as the guest and Carnie and Brigitte as guest hosts. I’m hoping it’s Sharon-free. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

That's why I like Sara so much. I LOVE witty sarcastic types when there's no meanness. Sara's humor is exactly my cup of tea. She teases Sharon shamelessly, but you can tell there's no malice in it. I'm also not the most bubbly girl even though I try to be nice to people, so I feel like I just get Sara. Of all the folks on TV, she's one of the top people I could picture myself actually being friends with.

I'm a little behind on episodes, not looking forward to her last one. 😞

Me too!!!

• Love 6

Dean---your son IS obese. Technically, literally. Ask your doctor... I surely don't condone shaming on social media and people are cruel. But when your child asked "am I obese" after comforting him you should have included, well maybe, a talk about diet and exercise. Ya know, for healths sake. 

I'm surprised by how much I like Brigitte...Wish she were the new host instead of that drag queen looking Marie. When does she start anyway?

• Love 2

Whoa....Bridgette is 64 and looks great.  Does she admit to having work done? Then they show her ex, Sly, and he looks like the pumpkin left on the porch weeks after Halloween.  

Miss Sarah already. And it’s so nice to not have SO on this last show of the season.  I hope Eve settles down a bit over the break, her rapid rambling is really starting to annoy, me at least.  Will probably take a peek at the new season to see how MO does.  Not expecting much.........sigh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Lifesabeach said:

Whoa....Bridgette is 64 and looks great.  Does she admit to having work done? Then they show her, ex, Sly, and he looks like the pumpkin left on the porch weeks after Halloween.

Miss Sarah already. And it’s so nice to not have SO on this last show of the season.  I hope Eve settles down a bit over the break, her rapid rambling is really starting to annoy, me at least.  Will probably take a peek at the new season to see how MO does.  Not expecting much.........sigh.

This tickled me so! Lol! 

I enjoyed today’s show a lot more than I excepted. It certainly helped that Sharon was gone, but I felt like I could rock with this panel. Carnie’s practically kin and Brigitte has been fun to watch. The conversation flowed much better (no “Mrs. O” ass kissing to endure) and everybody just fit to me. 

Something else I wish Eve would stop doing is raising her hands up above her head every time she talks. I tend to talk with my hands a lot too, but I don’t swing them around and clench them like I’m putting on a puppet show. Just a minor complaint. 

They showed ran a bumper previewing the new season and of course we’re assured that there’s only one Mrs. O and she’ll most definitely be back in the middle seat. Thank goodness! She is the queen, after all. In her own mind...

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

After watching the segment about Dean McDermott & his son, I instantly wondered if Liam asked his dad anything about being overweight or heavier than many kids his age. Is that weird?

I don’t know a single kid who would ask about such an extreme label (obese) without making a tangible connection to their actual weight.  

As psyched as I am that BH90210 is rebooted, I find Tori and Dean to be so attention hungry that I always give them the side eye when they pop up on TV or appear in magazines. The way Dean told it, Liam didn’t know what obese meant or looked like nor did he ask about possibly being overweight. Maybe he did and Dean is keeping it private. I’d love to know the context in which the conversation even began!

I really appreciated Dean’s teachable moment and his ability to model positive self-esteem, but another component of health had to do with weight and BMI. Their three oldest kids are objectively heavy - we’ve seen the photos. I’m not body shaming kids at all, but I know how cruel kids are. It breaks my heart to know that their kids will be the target of teasing. 

To clarify, I don’t think parents should ever comment to their kiddo about their weight.

• Useful 1
On 8/5/2019 at 3:42 PM, Lifesabeach said:

Whoa....Bridgette is 64 and looks great.  Does she admit to having work done? Then they show her ex, Sly, and he looks like the pumpkin left on the porch weeks after Halloween.  

Brigitte actually turned 56 recently. 

I finally got caught up on The Talk, and for some reason I don’t think I got to see Sarah’s final episode! I wonder if it didn’t record for me, or was there not really a goodbye episode for Sarah? 

2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I wonder if it didn’t record for me, or was there not really a goodbye episode for Sarah? 

Sara's farewell episode aired last week (8/2). I guess check CBS On Demand or the CBS website?

On 8/23/2019 at 7:42 AM, MikaelaArsenault said:

According to my cable guide, there will be new episodes of the show starting next week.

My guide listed next week’s show as “new” too, but I looked again this morning and it’s repeats. They usually take off until the beginning of September so I suspected something was up with the guide. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, rmcrae said:

My guide listed next week’s show as “new” too, but I looked again this morning and it’s repeats. They usually take off until the beginning of September so I suspected something was up with the guide. 

Now my guide is saying that there will be a new episode on Thursday.

On 8/24/2019 at 4:50 PM, MikaelaArsenault said:

Now my guide is saying that there will be a new episode on Thursday.

That’s a repeat as well. Renee Zellweger was the guest and Mary McCormack filled in as guest host. These guides are getting so wonky. Lol. 

• Love 1

So I guess the theme for opening week is giving someone the day off and a host taking there place/giving them a makeover/special day. 

Monday Sheryl gives a longtime waitress a much needed day off.

Tuesday Sharon gives an overworked mother a break and babysits her young daughters.(I can't wait to see this one!)

Wednesday Eve gives a devoted single mother a makeover with her glam squad.

Thursday Carrie Ann gives a devoted senior living community director a much deserved day off and takes over her duties for the day.

Friday Marie gives a worthy viewer a special day.

I am not liking Eve and Marie's. They are not working the other person's job or taking care of their children. Basically those two seem to be letting someone else do the work IMO.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Mikita said:

So I guess the theme for opening week is giving someone the day off and a host taking there place/giving them a makeover/special day. 

Tuesday Sharon gives an overworked mother a break and babysits her young daughters.(I can't wait to see this one!)

Thursday Carrie Ann gives a devoted senior living community director a much deserved day off and takes over her duties for the day.

I am not liking Eve and Marie's. They are not working the other person's job or taking care of their children. Basically those two seem to be letting someone else do the work IMO.

Man, these guys are really diggin' deep.  Ridiculous!!!!

• Love 3
On 9/6/2019 at 8:30 PM, Mikita said:

Tuesday Sharon gives an overworked mother a break and babysits her young daughters.(I can’t wait to see this one!)

I don’t even have kids and I wouldn’t let them anywhere near that wench! The house would be a mess and the kids would be running amuck. Plus, if she has your address she can send you a box of actual shit when she’s skipped her meds. No, thanks. 

I don’t know about the rest of the week, but Kobe Bryant’s the guest on Monday. 

• Love 1