Type keyword(s) to search

Corey & Evelin: The Bae of Pigs

• Start Topic

I don't think you have to use the spoiler tabs in the cast threads because they are marked as spoilers. It may not matter or anything, but at one time, one of the moderators said it acts as a band-aid on the database and causes trouble for the back-ups somehow. 

I'm completely baffled by the fact that neither Corey or his family can see through Evelin's act. And it's just totally okay to blatantly refuse to compromise on everything. Not even one thing she is willing to sacrifice for him & that is just not a red flag to this guy?! Like how?! I just started watching this season of couples yesterday after a long time away from reality TV, so as entertained as I am, I'm just at a total loss for words when it comes to these people. I simply can't understand it...but will watch, anyway. 🍿

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, sweetpink92 said:

I'm completely baffled by the fact that neither Corey or his family can see through Evelin's act. And it's just totally okay to blatantly refuse to compromise on everything. Not even one thing she is willing to sacrifice for him & that is just not a red flag to this guy?! Like how?! I just started watching this season of couples yesterday after a long time away from reality TV, so as entertained as I am, I'm just at a total loss for words when it comes to these people. I simply can't understand it...but will watch, anyway. 🍿

I felt the same way. She isn't even trying to be fake. She is all "You will do what I want or get lost, but give me all your money before you skate". Then I read that they have been married for several years so this is probably all just played up by production for drama.

• Love 2

I love how they use a super flattering bikini photo of Evelyn as her “intro” shot whenever they are recapping her story.  Don’t be fooled by instagram, filters, shot angles and face smoothing.

I actually think they are both the same level of attractiveness.  I don’t know why Corey thinks she is above his weight class that he should just give her everything.  Not to mention her personality is bossy and entitled.  This is almost like Pole and Karinny all over again.  Karinny is not aging well being connected to Man on Fire Pole.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, sweetpink92 said:

Not even one thing she is willing to sacrifice for him & that is just not a red flag to this guy?! Like how?! I just started watching this season of couples yesterday after a long time away from reality TV, so as entertained as I am, I'm just at a total loss for words when it comes to these people. I simply can't understand it...but will watch, anyway. 🍿

She tried living in the US. In a cult-like compound in the woods. For six months. She decided she doesn't want to live in the USA. I don't see it as selfish for her to want to live in her home country, just as it wouldn't be selfish for him to want to stay in the US. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

She tried living in the US. In a cult-like compound in the woods.

It looks like they do something with lumber (maybe a business?)  Do we know the compound is cult-like or do they simply have small cottages on the property to accommodate temporary workers or visitors?  While she isn't necessarily selfish for wanting to live in her home country they have not shown any attempts to compromise.  If she hated living in the woods so much why haven't they shown them discussing moving somewhere more vibrant.  It seems like with setting up a business there really was no other options available than move to Ecuador.

• Love 5

Not sure if it was the bonus footage or not, but Corey getting his malaria shot and running away like a toddler, doing push ups, having his mom hold him down and then laying face down in the doctor's office - ON THE CARPET, WITH HIS OPEN LIPS TOUCHING THE CARPET (!!!) after his shot. Even the doctor straight up said it was a red flag a grown man had to bring his mom to get a shot. 

I wouldn't want to come back for a visit or have kids with this creep either!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
On 6/3/2019 at 9:51 PM, watchingtvaddict said:

And an expensive boutique, too.  She mentioned everything she bought was on sale. 

Where in the heck was this boutique ? First they show this creepy cabin in the Washington woods that looks like it could have been the set of The Ring. NO WAY would I EVER spend 1 night in that cabin. Then they are shopping at some mercantile not far away that looks like a gift shop but where you can easily spend $800 on some outfits .... ?

Edited by Lily247
  • LOL 3
10 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Is their storyline true or not?

From spoilers I'm thinking this story is 100% fake. If the production company is cool with fiction I'd definitely try to be on this show and create some drama where I harvest the American dollar from my husband even though we've been together 5+ years. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

This Corey is dumb as a rock and another 90 dayer who has trouble with prepositions. "I'm leaving to Ecuador." What is it with these participants? He's such an idiot that he deserves Evil-lin and everything she has planned for him (that is, harvesting the American dollar). She's a nasty piece of work but I don't blame her for not wanting to live on some isolated family compound in the woods. 

I don't think either of them is particularly attractive. She's got a perma bitch scowl and he's got a bad case of doofus-face. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

Didn't he have to get shots before when he was traveling around South America for 6 months? and probably take Malaria pills too.  Give this nurse his own show!  or make him be the vaccination go to person for all the participants in the 90 day family!!!!!  I need him to giggle at Nicole and snark to the camera about her!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 6/11/2019 at 10:33 PM, RealReality said:

Evelin was never moving to the United States, but if Corey was trying to make the US look like fun he maybe should have taken her somewhere that wasn't a compound in the woods.

It wouldn’t have matter.   She just came here to fleece him.  

3 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

Corey's parents seem so logical and put together, so what the hell happened with him? 

She’s the only girl that probably gave him attention.   He’s just infatuated and under her spell.   I do think Evelin is a witch.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, LGGirl said:

It wouldn’t have matter.   She just came here to fleece him.  

She’s the only girl that probably gave him attention.   He’s just infatuated and under her spell.   I do think Evelin is a witch.  

I agree and I think she is an actual witch, putting spells on people, especially Corey.  She dropped some of his money on a caldron.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Evelin holds all the cards. She has all his money and all she has to do to get rid of him is refuse to marry him. Once his visa expires he has to leave Brazil. She’s concerned he can’t make the money he made in the US in Brazil, (do we even know what he does for a living?). My guess is he will be home with his tail between his legs, maybe before the 90 days are up.

• Love 6
(edited)

Evelin is from Ecuador.   I could watch the scene of Corey getting his shots endlessly.   And the part where the nurse tells him that he'll have to take antimalaria pills every day forever was great too.     

It's very confusing to me who is moving where, because Paul, Corey, and Ronald all seem to have the same hair styles

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 6/12/2019 at 11:04 AM, doyouevengohere said:

Didn't he have to get shots before when he was traveling around South America for 6 months? and probably take Malaria pills too.  Give this nurse his own show!  or make him be the vaccination go to person for all the participants in the 90 day family!!!!!  I need him to giggle at Nicole and snark to the camera about her!

Something stinks here. My guess is he’s been going back and forth to see her for a long time. No one acts like that big an asshole over a few shots. And malaria is a big issue in tropical areas. No way is he traveling around the world surfing and filming and not aware of that. If he works for some tourism, surfing group and he must be making some nice change to have 40k to give her, he may be a freelance filmmaker but he has to have a passport and been required to be vaccinated as is required by many countries.

Even the way she talks to him... “ you’re a big man, you can get all the way here alone” . Thinking about that (Why I don’t know), it’s the kind of bitchy banter that some couples use with one another. He says they dated for 4 years. I think Evelin is playing the bitch and Corey the goofy simpleton. The village idiot act in the doctors office proved that to me. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

I don't think you're far off, @iwasish. I just spent a few minutes with Professor Google, and I think Corey and Evelyn are setting themselves up for Engabao to become a tourist destination in a bigger way than it is now. It looks like its a popular destination for surfers and travelers who like a quiet beach town. They've invested in property and businesses. They are hoping to make a bundle.

Corey and Evelin could be conning us all.

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I don't think you're far off, @iwasish. I just spent a few minutes with Professor Google, and I think Corey and Evelyn are setting themselves up for Engabao to become a tourist destination in a bigger way than it is now. It looks like its a popular destination for surfers and travelers who like a quiet beach town. They've invested in property and businesses. They are hoping to make a bundle.

I think you guys are right. Corey is talking about applying for citizenship after the 90 days in Ecuador and a quick google shows you need to be married for 3 years to a citizen of Ecuador/or a resident of Ecuador for 3 years. My guess is they've been married for 3 years and are using this show to advertise their business venture.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

They better show a nicer side of Engabao than they have so far to turn it into a tourist stop. Plus Corey’s  constant commenting on getting robbed and murdered, isn’t exactly an incentive to visit the place. Packs of feral dogs running loose, plus pigs and cows. I can’t wait to get there and have a cocktail served by that sweet Evelin. I hope I don’t get dysentery. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 8

Shrug. I'm sure production has a hand in that. The story they're telling is poor dumb Corey and hard hearted Evilyn, Culture Shock! Corey and Evilyn seem to be playing along. Maybe that's how they pitched it, with the idea that any publicity is good publicity. Engabao seems to be a known destination for surfing enthusiasts; they must intend to cash in. Lots of people like to go somewhere off the beaten path.

Not to mention that Sharp loves to tell us how backward, poor, dirty and uncivilized any other country in the world is. Its a story they tell over and over. American fiance is shocked by the lack of amenities! American fiance can't believe all the dogs/cows/chickens/militias everywhere! The food is weird!

I found some pictures of Engabao. This kind of place isn't my cup of tea (my idea of roughing it is no room service), but I can see the appeal:

Engabao 2.jpg

Engabao 1.jpg

Engabao.jpg

• Love 2

I would be plenty pissed if I bought someone a car and then they didn't use it to pick me up at the airport. I didn't buy Eveline's flimsy excuses were that he "needed to be more independent" and that the car broke down a lot. 

I love the theory upthread that they've already been married for some time and that they're on the show to promote their cocktail bar. 

• Love 9

and their Washington State scenes could have been filmed when they were home for a visit with Corey's folks. Wasn't Eveline supposedly there for some kind of school? The closest city to Mill A, according to Google maps, is Portland OR, about 65 miles away so I'll bet she was taking an online course she could have taken anywhere. 

• Love 2

Didn’t Corey tell his parents that they want to open a cocktail bar?

On Facebook Cocteles del Paraiso started posting in 2016. And this is a photo with Corey in 2017

B105F937-7607-4D7D-929F-437C7A2ACC7E.jpeg

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I found some pictures of Engabao. This kind of place isn't my cup of tea (my idea of roughing it is no room service), but I can see the appeal:

Same here. I don't know what I'd do if I had to chose between an extended Mormon family compound in the woods or Engabao, lol. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

Same here. I don't know what I'd do if I had to chose between an extended Mormon family compound in the woods or Engabao, lol. 

Warm weather, fruity drinks..... compound in the woods, winter..... hmmm.... decisions.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

All I know is if I was in engabo I'd be getting all the illnesses because there was some guy rolling around a cart with frozen treats and I wanted one.  And there was some kind of fresh fruit situation going on and I can never turn down fresh fruit even when I should.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 7/2/2019 at 2:01 PM, Cini said:

On Facebook Cocteles del Paraiso started posting in 2016. And this is a photo with Corey in 2017

B105F937-7607-4D7D-929F-437C7A2ACC7E.jpeg

The Corey -Evil-lyn story is a scam and it is time for TLC to end the charade! Not wasting anymore of my time on these two. They are just hamming up Corey's innocent "woe is Me" character and Evil-Lyn's b**chiness to draw the audience in...They are both portraying a lie.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, TMI said:

The Corey -Evil-lyn story is a scam and it is time for TLC to end the charade! Not wasting anymore of my time on these two. They are just hamming up Corey's innocent "woe is Me" character and Evil-Lyn's b**chiness to draw the audience in...They are both portraying a lie.

Wow, this picture could have been from 1996.  I'm surprised no one is wearing a SideOut tee shirt.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Not saying this whole thing isn't a scam, but couldn't this bar have existed since at least 2016, Corey has been there and recently he and Evelin had an opportunity to buy it? He claims to have met Evelin at the beach when he was on a surfing trip, why couldn't it have been Engabao? 

• Love 4
On 7/4/2019 at 5:37 PM, TMI said:

They've been married for a long time. This whole tale is bullcrap.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, magemaud said:

What a big doofus! 

CCDCE7C3-AE52-48E5-8520-131602725C96.jpeg

Yeah, 30+ guys wearing oversized ball caps to cover their balding heads  are such a turn on. And his Mickey Mouse voice really seals the deal.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, happy hobo said:

I have thought that they are married as it is my understanding that they stayed together in a house/cottage on his parent's property and in the Mormon faith that would NOT fly.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, happy hobo said:

SHAME on TLC 

wasting out time with this sham!

Shows you what they think of their audience. 

• Love 2

If this is all fake then Corey needs an Emmy for his role as the village idiot.

As for Evelin, I have thought she was just acting because her delivery isn’t believable. 

I truly believe his parents were upset because his mom did seem devastated.  

• Love 4
On 7/2/2019 at 11:26 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Engabao seems to be a known destination for surfing enthusiasts; they must intend to cash in. Lots of people like to go somewhere off the beaten path.

When he complained about staying at the grandmother's house, I googled hotels/inns in Engabao and there didn't seem to be a lot of good options for him if he wanted a hotel room.  I think this is a fake story line.   

• Love 3

I realize it’s funny characterizing Corey and his family as whackos living on a compound in the deep woods in a cult, and I also realize that it’s TLC driven, but I find it kind of insulting. I feel like we’re filling in a lot of blanks here with information that isn’t necessarily correct. I thought his parents were actually very sweet and welcoming to Evelyn, even with her crappy personality and insults. It’s not like they’re polygamists with teenage brides in prairie dresses, with chain links fences and concertina wire surrounding the property and family members armed and patrolling to keep the law out. A lot of families where I live who own a lot of land give pieces to their children when they become adults to build houses on and raise their families so they can grow up close to their grandparents. Maybe I’m a little more sensitive to him being made fun of because I have a lot of land and live in a remote rural area, but I love it. I don’t feel isolated or like a weirdo. I just find it peaceful. And if Evelyn felt trapped there, she wouldn’t have stayed for six months. She’s no shrinking violet. If she wanted to leave, she would have. THAT SAID, I realize that he is his own worse enemy when it comes to image and how people perceive him, so I can't defend that. He's a dork and a doormat.

• Love 12
59 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

I realize it’s funny characterizing Corey and his family as whackos living on a compound in the deep woods in a cult, and I also realize that it’s TLC driven, but I find it kind of insulting. I feel like we’re filling in a lot of blanks here with information that isn’t necessarily correct. I thought his parents were actually very sweet and welcoming to Evelyn, even with her crappy personality and insults. It’s not like they’re polygamists with teenage brides in prairie dresses, with chain links fences and concertina wire surrounding the property and family members armed and patrolling to keep the law out. A lot of families where I live who own a lot of land give pieces to their children when they become adults to build houses on and raise their families so they can grow up close to their grandparents. Maybe I’m a little more sensitive to him being made fun of because I have a lot of land and live in a remote rural area, but I love it. I don’t feel isolated or like a weirdo. I just find it peaceful. And if Evelyn felt trapped there, she wouldn’t have stayed for six months. She’s no shrinking violet. If she wanted to leave, she would have. THAT SAID, I realize that he is his own worse enemy when it comes to image and how people perceive him, so I can't defend that. He's a dork and a doormat.

I really didn’t see that much mocking of his family. More a mocking of him. I also think, the fact that they clearly have been a “couple” for a long time and a lot of his shock and fish out of water behavior in Engabao is an act. If they think their performances are going to start a stampede of tourists to their little tiki bar  and they will become rich... well...good luck on that. 

I thought his parents were lovely people, and wonder if he’s been playing a game on them. Their emotions and behavior certainly didn’t seem fake or contrive. Corey has allegedly traveled a lot so, I think they are used to him being gone for extended periods, but this clearly is a different type of goodbye.

Personally I’d love to live in a quiet, rural area, maybe 30/45 minutes from the nearest small town. Certainly not a place like the one Corey is moving to, that’s a bit too primitive, but certainly like his parents place. 

• Love 4