Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Is fandom in general just over Tina & J-Ju? Around here, I don't think there's many shippers.

Is it shipping when one party has made it clear on numerous occasions that he doesn't think of her that way while the other continues to stalk and sexually harass him?

The Simpsons saved the Bob’s Burgers bit for the end, and was great.

from that segment:

Burger of The Day: Trilogy of Terror-yaki Burger

Neighbor: Cloth The Raven

Edgar Allan Poe Cosplay Supply

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 6

Neighbor: 

Exterminator:

NONE?! At least the Simpsons made up for it.

Burger(s) of The Day: Rosemary’s Baby Corn Burger

I liked the kids costumes this year: The Twister, Bill Paxton, and Helen Hunt in Twister. I liked Jessica as Billie Idol-ish and Andy & Ollie as salt & pepper shakers.

Ugh, a Chloe Cult. I feel for Louise. She sucks. But Jessica finally got a chance to shine!…only to have her Thunder stolen by Rudy, and then Louise. Typical for this show.

Sad that Bob didn’t get to see the bees.

That ending song was awesome, and they got Billy Idol to sing it!

• Love 8

Always starting off right with Regular Sized Rudy. He's totally the kid the kneels on the seat to hang over and talk to Louise in front of him. Billie Idol-ish is also brilliant. Zeke as a Panda seemed off for him. 

I totally got Twister as soon and Tina and Gene walked in. 
I'm surprised Bob chaperoned and left the restaurant. 

Not for nothing, but Bob has to make rules for Louise doing something annoying, but Gene's xmas nonsense? Come on. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Sad that Bob didn’t get to see the bees.

Yeah, but I was worried if he did take the top off the hive, he'd be swarmed.

A fun episode and some bonding time with Bob and Louise.

I liked the Misommar vibe this had going on. Also what the hell were the farm people thinking in those costumes, Holy Moses! I'm a full grown adult and running away screaming would have been my reaction too.

Bob's lucky he didn't bother those bees, it could have ended really badly for him.

I can't say I understood the reference for the kids' costumes, but I love that they tailored them towards something parents would appreciate. That's just smart planning.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

I really liked seeing Louise with a normal friend relationship.  Not a stalker 😀

You mean with another girl. Because Louise and the Regular are tight. Those two are going to get into mad hijinks when they get their licenses. Rudy will totally have a car because his parents are divorced. 

• Love 1

This Halloween, Bobs Burgers goes Midsommar! I don't blame Louise at all for running way, too bad one of the reenactors forgot that children are afraid of things. 

I caught onto the kids costume right away, that was a very creative costume. All of the costumes were pretty great, especially Billie Idol-ish. I'm always here for Regular Sized Rudy content, and Jessica got some time to shine...until Rudy and Louise stole her thunder. 

Poor Bob, one day he'll get to see some bees. Although I've seen the Wickerman remake, Bob is probably lucky that he never saw any bees. 

Loved that song at the end, and that they got Billy Idol to sing it. This one goes pretty high up on my favorite Halloween episodes. 

• Love 2

Everybody is mentioning  Midsommar (which I haven't seen yet), but I think the reference to the failed apple harvest was a shout-out to the original Wicker Man, and the bees were a reference to the crappy remake (as someone mentioned above).  Lots of folk horror vibes.

Unless I missed it, the guy neglected to grumble and call out the corncob as culturally inauthentic.

• Love 2
On 10/30/2022 at 7:32 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

Not for nothing, but Bob has to make rules for Louise doing something annoying, but Gene's xmas nonsense? Come on. 

I'm pretty sure Bob said the rule got put in place after Louise had been making the noise constantly for a year. So, she got a lot of lee-way too.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Neighbor: Here VR

Virtual Reality Arcade

Exterminator: Natural Swarm Killers

Burger of The Day: I’m Guacing Here Burger, Surely You Zest Burger, Cheddar Safe Than Chard-y Burger

I thought it was pretty cute that Gene was willing to pay for Bob to share VR with him. Of course it was really disappointing. One might be disappointed in another “Gene being a brat” episode, but that was real hard earned money he dropped on a bunch of glitchy garbage, I’d be mad too. No surprise that the whole operation was shady as hell. And it was a father/son operation? Dang.

(okay, yeah, Gene got Stockholm syndrome at the end there. And Bob definitely puked.)

”COME INSIDE, I’M LONELY!”

”Bye, I hope you don’t turn into TRONs!”

Linda had some great one liners tonight. I thought the menu tower plot was cute, if it could only end it one way: with the kids knocking it down once they finished it.

• Love 9

I didn't particularly like this ep. Maybe someone into VR would like it more.

I did, as always, appreciate the animation, esp when Linda is leaning against the window then moves closer, pressing her stomach against the glass. Describing it sounds less than impressive, but it's just one of the little things the animators do that I like.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Interesting that both plots dealt with childhood disillusionment. 

Gene realizing that his dad wasn't trying to keep him from having fun but was really trying to protect him from wasting his money on something that sucks. Some of those lessons you just have to learn the hard way tho. 

And Tina and Louise not knowing what to do after they reach their goal that they've had for so long. It's the danger of getting what you want. And then you don't know what to do with it and it doesn't feel like you thought it would. 

• Love 2

I'm not the biggest Gene fan, but 90 bucks is a ton for an 11 year old, and to have just garbage for the games is a huge letdown. I bet if Bob really pushed he could have got the money back. 

The Teddy that's with the kids is the best version of him. He had the ladder, 'looked the other way' on safety. 

I don't recall, but was this the first time they actually showed Bob writing the burger of the day?

• Like 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I don't recall, but was this the first time they actually showed Bob writing the burger of the day?

In "Sexy Dance Healing" when Bob was struggling to come up with burger names. At the end when he finally got out of his slump, Jairo caught him writing "Runny out of Thyme" burger on the board. There might be a couple more, but that's the first one that came to mind.

• Love 1

I really felt for Gene. He's read up about something cool, knew what he was talking about and got a really poor experience in exchange for a lot of money. If I spent $90 and got what he got, I'd be upset too. Gene kept trying to make it work. It's the least bratty he's been in a long time.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

I know that Gene can be a pain sometimes, but I was with him on this one. He was really excited about this, used his own money for it, and then the experience sucked through no fault of his own. I would be pissed off and disappointed as an adult, let alone as a kid. I actually thought he was taking it better than I might have as a kid. 

Nice to see a somewhat rare Bob and Gene episode, it was sweet how Bob wanted him to get the VR experience that he wanted. The VR animation really nailed that awkward jerky look that bad VR can get. 

Maybe its time for Bob to add those QR code menus that people can scan onto their phones? 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

Neighbor: If I Could Turn Back Crimes

Bail Bonds

Exterminator: Bored of the Flies

The mini golf story has been the best plot in a while. But once again we get Bob saying goodbye to the turkey at the start and never getting back to it til the end. I can definitely relate to taking mini golf super seriously. I’m definitely the Linda more than the Bob here.

• Love 3

uh oh, Bob on Thanksgiving.

Of course, Rudy went to the awesome mini golf. I don't know why Bob just didn't tell Linda to take the kids. They had some weird holes though. Bob low key trashed talk the entire time.

I would have just said Tammy was having an after Thanksgiving party and nixed the high school boys. Tina wouldn't do that. It's not like they keep track of the kids when they go off. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Of course, Rudy went to the awesome mini golf. I don't know why Bob just didn't tell Linda to take the kids. They had some weird holes though. Bob low key trashed talk the entire time.

I liked the aliens eating pizza. “They’re trying to appreciate our culture.”

• LOL 7

Ah the "you're immature" moment. All big sisters do it at some point, which in my mind is a good reason to push said big sister into a lake. But very relatable, and I appreciate this show working with age-appropriate behavior (such as Gene getting left home alone for the first time at arguably the same age as most people).

Ok, Louise has gotten too moral. I was a rule-worshipping tattle-tale beloved by adults and not particularly appreciated by the other kids, and I would never have copped to breaking that Yeti. They had it fixed long enough to get away! Take the win!

• Love 1

When the Belchers were walking away and there was the sound effect of the yeti breaking, but it also sounded like the little girl might have gotten hurt. It was Thanksgiving and they were the only family. You go inspect the yeti, you see the pencils, you know something's up. Better to just cop to it at that point, and take the L. If they were messing with it, and it just got stuck, then eh, just walk away. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Of course, Rudy went to the awesome mini golf.

I missed that. Did we see him or did someone mention it?

I don't know why Bob just didn't tell Linda to take the kids.

I was thinking about that, too, but maybe he felt like they needed to stick together as a family on Thanksgiving, even if that meant saying Goodbye to the turkey.

16 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Neighbor: If I Could Turn Back Crimes

Bail Bonds

Exterminator: Bored of the Flies

I'm so impressed with all the great puns the writers continue to come up with.

And I loved that mini-golf course. I haven't been to one in a long time. They're always dirty, scuzzy, cheap-looking, tacky... but still fun! I remember one in Alabama that had dead cicadas (or their shells) all over the place. 

Gene: I think that was an episode of Succession.

Linda: Army guy getting attacked by giant ants! Political!

Gene: Push in those pencils, pencil-pusher!

• Love 2

I'm impressed that they managed to keep Bob away from his turkey for so long, such is the call of family togetherness. That mini golf course looked pretty cool, I love a kitschy themed mini golf course. I love those pizza eating aliens, appreciating our culture. 

That poor mini golf guy. A family finally comes to Thanksgiving mini golf and they have a coupon. I am definitely more Linda when it comes to mini golf, shit can get frustrating. 

Its not Thanksgiving until Bob talks to his turkey and the turkey talks back. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 11/21/2022 at 12:14 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

When the Belchers were walking away and there was the sound effect of the yeti breaking, but it also sounded like the little girl might have gotten hurt. It was Thanksgiving and they were the only family. You go inspect the yeti, you see the pencils, you know something's up. Better to just cop to it at that point, and take the L. If they were messing with it, and it just got stuck, then eh, just walk away. 

Also I think Louise felt bad for ruining that little girl's fun.

Am I the only one that was hoping the episode would be about going to Tammy's party? I enjoyed this episode but I imagined all the hijinks that would occur at the party would be fun.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Maybe it was the other girl expressing disappointment than actually being hurt from the yeti falling apart that I was hearing. This isn't a show that's going to injure people to teach the kids a lesson.

You know Tammy's party; the 'high school boys' would have only been like 14, and, as a former 14 y/o boy, would have been obnoxious and lame. There's plenty of comedy from there to mine though. I'm dying for Tina to take some agency and realize she doesn't have to settle. The only reason she is into Jay-Ju is because he's just there. That's a lot of what junior/high school is about. To me, the show has been clear that he's just a bag. They did a whole episode on him not being a good dancer. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Neighbor: Doula Ditty Ditty Dum Ditty Doula

Birthing Services

Exterminator: The Fleastie Boys

Yeah, it’s hard to find my own (maternal) grandma’s grave in the cemetery she’s in, I feel Bob’s pain, I feel like a bad grandchild. It’s worse when she’s in a military cemetery and every grave looks the same. And my own paternal grandma died decades before I was born, so I got a bit...emotional when Linda found Bob's Mom's grave. Bob IS a good dad. He even got to get the kids to go snoobing. Not the way they wanted, but they got to slide down a hill.

Bob's life in middle school could not have been fun for him. His mom dies, and his dad tosses his burger in the trash. And that's on top of how terrible middle school is in general. 

Of course Teddy was going to eat the meatloaf Linda didn't want him to eat. And of course he used to pretend to be Bob and cook for himself and he's no longer allowed to do that. I like that it ended with everyone eating the meatloaf Teddy ended up making.

• Love 8