Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

To be fair, I did back off from calling him a brat. I'm not going to totally dump on Gene, but he wasn't the best here either. 

On xmas, Gene was up at 5.30 'dj-ing'. I would say playing all the xmas music regardless of the family's feelings is roping them in. It's certainly selfish. And, yes, good for the family to make the tape of the Tinsel songs, but he was incessant about it and whining, so it was nice, but it was also to appease him. 

He certainly is entitled to opinion on Courtney's song, and it was not good. Sure, it was like everything else that the girls liked. They're preteen girls. He's not going to like that. I wouldn't either. 

My take is that 1 - he's one to talk, and 2 - they do things for him they don't always want to do. Also, the candy. I mean, he's denying Louise good candy. Are you that shortsighted to think she's not going to plot revenge? That alone, I'm flavor dancing. 

Of course, he could have just said he didn't want to do it, and we wouldn't have an episode. But I think the point was to realize sometimes, you do things for people. And at the end, he even clicked like on the song. So, if he got over himself for a minute, he probably would have had a weird Saturday with some good candy and got out of being stuck at the restaurant. Big picture. 

Also, Zeke should have been the lead anyway. Who is cooler than Zeke? 

Let's not forget, Gene was left home alone and read his sister's diary too. And Linda is Gene's #1 enabler.

• Love 6

Ugh I can't stand teddy. Yeah Linda was over the top too but I hate how teddy screws something up and blames Bob. Teddy you broke a briefcase that you shouldn't have been screwing around with in the first place. Don't blame Bob for walking into a room in his own restaurant. 

I loved how Bob said What?! when teddy tried to leave after the guy came back for his briefcase. 

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, HyeChaps said:

Several random kids in the video rather than the usual faces.

The show has never really shown and named many of the kids from Gene's grade, mostly just Courtney, Alex, and I guess Peter Pescadaro. Whereas Tina and Louise have way more associates in their grades, and a couple who are in between.

• Love 1

I thought Linda went too far with prying the briefcase open, but I love how it ended. We will probably never know the truth about the Walnut Man, it was so hilariously creepy and weird. Unless of course Walnut Man turns out to be the villain of the movie...

To be fair to Gene, he really did try to avoid doing the video to not hurt Courtney's feelings and he tried to go along with it. I am glad that he apologized and agreed to do the video for his friends sake while acknowledging that people can have different tastes, but I can appreciate his commitment to his art. Hopefully he remembers this when he's playing his goofy songs at 1am and his family tells him to knock it off though.

• Love 2
On 3/13/2022 at 7:47 PM, Driad said:

Why didn't they shake the briefcase?  The walnuts took me to the Dick Van Dyke show episode "It May Look Like a Walnut."

I just watched it. I'd be surprised if the writers were NOT referencing that episode. In fact, I rewatched this Bob's ep to see if the guy was missing his thumbs or had eyes in the back of his head. :D

• LOL 1

Neighbor: My Little Pokey

Acupuncture

Exterminator: Fleas Company

Burger(s) of The Day: The Chimi-Churri You Can't Be Serious Burger

Man, when was the last time we saw an episode involving everyone in Louise's class? That means Rudy gets screentime! I was definitely in the blind side of the classes in the round, so I felt Louise, Rudy, and Millie's pain hard. ESPECIALLY when cheap prizes were involved. It was nice to see Millie on the team this time, it's nice to have someone be more evil than Louise. I figured she'd be the one to expose the counterfeit scam.

"They look like they're from the dollar store, so you know they're expensive!" Never stop being you, Rudy. Sleeping with a stuffed flounder and singing a song about it is so totally him, I loved it so much. And was that the first solo song he's had?

“Oh, she wouldn’t kick her kids. She loves us.” That’s savage, Tina. Especially when Linda more or less agreed. I liked Bob's little makeshift bedroom in the basement, and how he "cleaned up" when Linda came down with his toothbrush. Linda CAN be a little much (she's the head car of a back rub train! Who does that?!), and even Gene and Tina have their limits with spending nights with her.

• Love 8

Rudy getting 'circle jerk' by the censors. Everyone is going to be inviting him to parties in junior high. 

I liked they showed Louise's room with the lofted bed still there. 

Bob's poster in the basement was the unfinished samurai movie.

I'm actually with Louise. The teacher was not calling on everyone equally. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Yeah, Louise made a good point about the circle not being a good way to conduct a class. However, I wanted to be in that class. The teacher was really good, and I always liked learning about Greek (and Roman) mythology.

Who invented Democracy? David Democracy. :D

Loved Bob's Bedtime is Me-Time song. And I really enjoyed his and Linda's conversation in the bedroom. Funny and sweet.

Seeing that Rudy has a stuffed animal flounder AND that its name is Pancake cracked me up. I'm glad we got a song out of it. "Pancake, you flound me and I flound you."

Gene: I think I left the Dutch oven on in my bed.

• Love 9

Close captioning didn't have 'flound', so I cracked up when he was singing it. 

I think you could have had the chairs in a horseshoe and the teacher in the middle, or the teacher could have been sitting in the circle with them herself, which is more democratic. No one would be to her back. 

• Love 9

My favorite exchange of the episode:

Rudy: What's a virgin?
Millie: I think it's someone who gives a lot of blood.
Rudy: Oh, my grandfather's a virgin!

I had to pause because I couldn't stop laughing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 3/20/2022 at 9:31 PM, Galileo908 said:

It was nice to see Millie on the team this time, it's nice to have someone be more evil than Louise. I figured she'd be the one to expose the counterfeit scam.

I've realized that Millie was there to balance out Rudy, to tear Louise between her sociopath criminal side, and her more innocent child side. They really did make a great team (and that Millie learned NOTHING in the end.)

• Love 8

I always like Louise episodes. I like that Millie was more evil than Louise. 

I always like a Bob song. Even if he's happy he sounds sad and defeated. Him having his own little space was great. 

Late nights with Linda sound fun but I guess they finally catch up with you. You can handle only so much fun.

• Love 6

If only Millie had been paying attention during class, she would have known what happens when you fly too close to the sun. Millie/Louise/Regular Size Rudy are a great team, they really seem like the devil and angel on Louise's shoulders. 

I am all for Bob having a man cave to decorate with his Christmas lights.

• Love 5
On 3/21/2022 at 6:51 PM, Galileo908 said:

I've realized that Millie was there to balance out Rudy, to tear Louise between her sociopath criminal side, and her more innocent child side. They really did make a great team (and that Millie learned NOTHING in the end.)

That's because Millie is a complete thug! 😆

• LOL 3

Neighbor: My Knives Are Up Here

Knife Blocks

Exterminator: See Ya Later, Fumigator

It was great to see Big Bob again. It was so cute that the kids were excited to see him again. Then again, the last time they saw him was Christmas several, several years ago. Buuuut it was excuse for another anthology episode. I mean, the kids guess what Big Bob's Tree Story was? Overall, a meh episode. Also, Eric Bauza voiced Big Bob this time instead of Bill Hader.

It was cute that Louise imagined Bob as the giant in a Jack & The Beanstalk story. With Big Bob as Jack (and a cop), where the beanstalk itself was the real villain.

I wasn't feeling Gene's story until it turned into They Live with trees, glitter binoculars and glameridoos. I wish there was a big, long fight scene, but alas. But I'll settle for Linda calling Gene a Rowdy Roddy Peeper. I did like the designs of the alien trees, though.

Liked Linda finally telling a story, where she's The Giving Tree. But I also liked the real story: a tree almost fell on Big Bob, and if Bob's mom was in the tent, she would've been killed before they could've gotten married. I wonder if we'll ever see what Bob's mom looks like?

"Aww, camping in sin. So romantic."

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I liked the return of Louise's playing cards.

The Smokey the Bear poster in the ranger station for the alien tree skit said "I'll find you."

image.thumb.png.43c972c8a213af413acf791b091a777f.png

Smokey the Bear is putting an end to forest fires.

• Love 8
On 3/27/2022 at 7:31 PM, Galileo908 said:

I did like the designs of the alien trees, though.

At first I was wondering why they looked like Day of the Dead, so I was all DUH when Bob brought up They Live.

1 hour ago, ZoqFotPik said:

I love the foreshadowing they are doing with the sidewalk in front of the restaurant deteriorating. It starts happening early last season.

Good one! Last week I noticed someone walking outside the restaurant and tripping over the buckled sidewalk, but I didn't realize it was a regular thing, like you said, foreshadowing.

Loved all three stories. Louise saying the giant had done shoplifting, meaning literally lifting a shop, cracked me up. And I also LOVED when Big Bob hung up the landline phone, the cord retracted all the way down past the clouds.

Gene: Grandpa was looking for a good spot to pitch a tent.
Bob: Gene.

Tina: Holy moly ravioli.
Big Bob: My thoughts exactly, but I was more like Holy moly hot stromboli.

Then Linda's Giving Tree story was short was funny. I know some people hate that book and think it's a terrible message, but I've always liked it.

The real tree story was very sweet. I also liked how Tina got him to tell the story.

I LOL'd when Bob asked his dad if there was anything else he wanted to tell him, and Big Bob said, "Did I ever tell you about my other family?"

• Love 6
23 hours ago, peeayebee said:

Gene: Grandpa was looking for a good spot to pitch a tent.
Bob: Gene.

Haha... I missed that. I'll hafta watch again. 

I liked Big Bob's story. I also liked his joke about his other family. Otherwise they've gone to the kids each telling a story well too often. It's becoming a crutch.

• Love 5

Aww Big Bob's story actual story was sweet. I was hoping to see more of Big Bob, we haven't seen him in awhile, but instead it was mostly an excuse to do another three story episode. Gene's might have been my favorite, mostly after it turned into They Live. The tree alien designs were actually pretty cool and a bit creepy. And Linda's salty Giving Tree was funny as well. 

Louise's playing cards return!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 1

Looks fun, but I can wait for streaming. Been to live theater, but all were vaxxed, masked, and security checked! Movie theaters? This old lady is not ready for that yet.

• Love 9

Neighbor: Takes One To Mow One

Landscaping Supplies

Exterminator: Boom Goes The Dying Mite

Burger(s) of The Day: The Rib Long and Prosper Burger, What We Dill in The Shadows Burger (LOVED that shout out!)

Jimmy Jr asking the important questions: Louise always wants to do the dangerous things. Yeah, it IS fun to smash things, but I wouldn't smash a mirror.

The first thing Louise does when she comes home is to ask for a beer. Mood. Of course she would treat a spider like a puppy, while being a metaphor for her own weirdness. Honestly, the family are so good to each other.

Also mood: Bob not having many real friends, and the excitement/awkwardness of joining a group chat for the first time. And of course Teddy gets jealous. I'm also impressed that Bob was able to get iPhone notification dings on his flip phone.

• Love 2
On 3/28/2022 at 8:20 PM, ZoqFotPik said:

I love the foreshadowing they are doing with the sidewalk in front of the restaurant deteriorating. It starts happening early last season.

Is it weird that I'm excited because it's getting worse?

FQB8v_HWYA0a6bi?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Love 2

I bet by the movie the sidewalk will become a full on sinkhole. 

"Are we still talking about Phoebe?" I caught on pretty quickly that Louise saw herself in the spider, I thought Bob and Linda handled things pretty well. They reassured her that her weirdness is a feature not a bug (pun intended) but also put their foot down on keeping Phoebe in the house. 

Oh the trails and triumphs of joining a group chat. 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I don't think we've ever seen the washing machine before.

I can't keep up with the details of the show like most of you guys, but I was wondering that myself.

1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

"Are we still talking about Phoebe?" I caught on pretty quickly that Louise saw herself in the spider

I feel dense that I didn't get it until they actually said it.

Oh the trails and triumphs of joining a group chat. 

Ugh. I hate group texting.

1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

They need to take Louise to one of those rage rooms where you can just break stuff for her birthday. 

I never heard of that. Sounds like a profitable business.

I think Takes One to Mow One is one of my business puns from this show.

Loved Linda's sarcasm about putting sheets on a loft bed.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, emma675 said:

I spent half the episode cringing because I have a spider phobia, lol. I could not watch any closeups of Phoebe. 

I think it's called arachnophobia.

I loved Linda's fart story. So Linda. 

I was hoping Bob would go meet his new friends. But I suppose feeling like it's too much trouble to make new friends and hang out with them is in character for Bob. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I think the group text chat might have been too intimidating for Bob. 

I feel for Bob.

You check every time your notification goes off only to find it's just somebody saying ya. And it's difficult to end a group text conversation when someone keeps replying bc they think it might be received as rude if they don't say something. 

• Love 2

Neighbor: Take Me Out To The Ball Gown

Sporty Formal Wear

Exterminator: Dr. Weevil

Burger(s) of The Day: Celery-brate Good Times Come On! Burger

So great to see Nat again! I loved all the weird limo challenges, driving the old ladies to the airport during a zombie apocalypse was amazing.

Love how awkward Tina becomes in a prom dress. Her look reminded me of Deb from Napoleon Dynamite. Tina REALLY needs to drop J. Ju. I mean, there was a whole challenge with zombies and she didn't pay attention to it! I loved Bob being  great dad again for her.

This episode teased us with finally meeting Ginger and the show shoots that down right in the first act. Tease. I should've known that was gonna be the excuse to get Gayle into the episode. Was this the first time Gretchen and Gayle shared a scene together? I knew Linda was gonna ruin it by trying to kick them out before Ginger showed up. They were really justified in their anger, and I really felt for Gayle.

Well, we DID see Ginger! Well, the back of her head. And a silhouette during the credits. Again, damn tease.

I like Gayle in small doses, but I was laughing so much at her tonight. She had a foot fungus that covered her whole foot? She thought her new couch was trying to eat her? The only hot goss she had was of a Toyota Tacoma issuing a lot of manufacturer's rebates? Loved it. 

• Love 4

I'd like to know how Gene was able to see the Breakfast Club.

53 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Tina REALLY needs to drop J. Ju.

Obviously, Tina, you're going to prom with Zeke. 

Linda handled it poorly, but she should be allowed to have friends outside of her sister and her hairdresser. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 7