Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Felix wanted to sell Wonder Wharf and put up high-end condos with Bob's Burgers by the Beach was a two-part episode too.

I didn't care for this episode. I dislike Tina at the best of times -- she gives off too much of a stalker/sexual predator vibe for me -- but one thing I do like is that they've consistently shown her as a writer. She needs to branch out from her creepy erotic friend fiction and write some mainline stories.

I guess the writers have settled on Teddy's characterization as over-the-top psychopath.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

Felix wanted to sell Wonder Wharf and put up high-end condos with Bob's Burgers by the Beach was a two-part episode too.

Completely forgot about that.

• Love 1

I bet that Bob is the one writing mean comments on the wall in his sleep out of anxiety, like the Thanksgiving where he kept throwing his turkeys in the toilet while sleep walking. Poor Bob. 

I am looking forward to the second half of Tina's Blade Runner story, I am having a lot of fun with it and I want to see where it goes. Its not only Blade Runner but also some Blade Runner 2 and a general dystopian/cyberpunk vibe. 

I am glad that Tina thought to go to Mr. Grant about Tammy and Jocelyn's mean girls segment, even if he wasn't helpful, in the real world parents would be insisting on them being shut down after segment one. They were being extra mean in this one, you leave Zeke out of this!

• Love 1
(edited)

Neighbor:

Exterminator:

Still none :/

Burger(s) of The Day: The Mr. Smith Goes to Squashington Burger, I Ain't Mesclun With You Burger

Loved seeing more of the Grease friend fiction. AND a Fast & The Furious one. The Jurassic Park one was great. 

Honestly, I thought last week was better. The ending, while sweet, just seemed anticlimatic. We never DID find out who wrote on the bathroom wall.

"Just pretend we're a different family that doesn't hate exercise so much!" Mood.

Well, that wraps up another season. See you in the fall! (or more realistically, over the weekend for the Movie!)

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 5

Nice call to the fan theory that Sandy was dead the whole time.

I kind of wanted Tina to throw a haymaker on Tammy. 

I disagree with Bob's and Linda's speech. Tammy was being mean and ridiculed people in front of the school. There's no reason Tina has to 'just live with it'. They should have said Tammy is shallow and her opinion is worth ziltch. 

At the end, some guy tripped over the sidewalk outside of the restaurant. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Wait, what? I guess I need to google.

9 hours ago, Corgi-ears said:

I'm so glad that the message of the episode(s) was not "Don't be judge-y," but "Learn to live in a world where judgment is going to be inevitable."

Yeah, that's much more realistic.

I'm a little disappointed that we didn't discover who was writing on the bathroom wall, but I guess it's also how life is. Until it was pointed out, I didn't connect how Bob was feeling about the graffiti with how Tina felt about the Wow or Weird stuff. 

• Love 4

The point seemed to be that it didn't matter who wrote on the wall. Someone is always going to think you suck. They had the quick scene with the two guys in the restaurant - This burger is really good. See, I told you - to underscore that you shouldn't always just focus on the negative comments. 

However, I still think it's not a fair parallel with Tina's situation. Tammy and Jocelyn were making fun of everyone in the school in front of the whole school. Tina went to a responsible adult and got brushed off. And they made fun of Zeke's socks. 

• Love 5

I wanted to know who was writing on the bathroom wall, but I guess the whole point is that it doesn't matter. People will say mean things to you sometimes and that's just life, you cant let it get to you. Even if one person says something mean to you there are probably even more people that say nice things to you, like the two guys at the end talking about how good the burgers were.

I liked seeing bits and pieces of Tina's other movies, with Louise commenting on how Tina has clearly not seen The Fast and the Furious

Someone actually tripped on the sidewalk this time. It has to be leading to something, perhaps towards a feature film...

• Love 2
On 5/22/2022 at 9:30 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

What?!

I feel like I missed something. What is the fan theory that this is in reference to? Are we talking about Sandy Frye?

No, it's patently absurd. I just liked that the writers snuck it in to Tina's fanfiction. 

I'll spoil for those that want to uncover it for themselves - 

Spoiler

When they're singing Summer Lovin', Danny sings 'I saved her life she nearly drowned', the theory goes that she DID drown and she was fantasizing about senior year. When the car flies away, Danny was taking her to the afterlife. Because cars don't normally fly. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

I hope this is okay to put here since I don't think it's part of the movie (please move/delete if I'm wrong), but my DVR picked this up last night. A short called "My Butt Has a Fever" and it was amazing, the animation was so fluid and has me super excited for the film which I'll hopefully be able to see next week! It's airing tonight, May 28 at 8:00 PM EST on FXX, tomorrow at 8:30 PM EST on FXX, and next Friday, June 3 at 9:00 PM EST on FreeForm.

It's not the whole thing but someone took a video of it with their phone if anyone is interested in the song.

Edited by Popples
Added date
  • Love 6

My mom has only seen a couple episodes of the show (and because she received two free passes, she's now seen the movie). I'm trying to think of other episodes she might like, and I was wondering if people had suggestions. She enjoyed "The Kid's Rob a Train," which I chose because she likes wine, chocolate, trains, and  heists.

I'm thinking of "Stand by Gene" (the episode with the two-butted goat) as a good one because it has lots of the kids friends and a quest. Basically looking for strong episodes that stand alone, not really with fantasy elements (like the ones where the kids tell stories), and maybe have good shows of various characters.

1 hour ago, Popples said:

I hope this is okay to put here since I don't think it's part of the movie (please move/delete if I'm wrong), but my DVR picked this up last night. A short called "My Butt Has a Fever" and it was amazing, the animation was so fluid and has me super excited for the film which I'll hopefully be able to see next week! It's airing tonight, May 28 at 8:00 PM EST on FXX, tomorrow at 8:30 PM EST on FXX, and next Friday, June 3 at 9:00 PM EST on FreeForm.

It's not the whole thing but someone took a video of it with their phone if anyone is interested in the song.

That was great! Thanks.

51 minutes ago, Ikki said:

My mom has only seen a couple episodes of the show (and because she received two free passes, she's now seen the movie). I'm trying to think of other episodes she might like, and I was wondering if people had suggestions. She enjoyed "The Kid's Rob a Train," which I chose because she likes wine, chocolate, trains, and  heists.

I'm thinking of "Stand by Gene" (the episode with the two-butted goat) as a good one because it has lots of the kids friends and a quest. Basically looking for strong episodes that stand alone, not really with fantasy elements (like the ones where the kids tell stories), and maybe have good shows of various characters.

I admit to being biased towards the holiday episodes and it was hard because a few times I started to put an episode that was one where the kids tell stories. These are some of my favorites by season (I don't really enjoy episodes from the first two):

Season 3:

• Episode 2 "Full Bars"
  • Episode 12 "Broadcast Wagstaff School News"
  • Episode 15 "O.T.: The Outside Toilet"
  • Episode 16 "Topsy"
  • Episode 21 "Boyz 4 Now"

Season 4:

• Episode 5 "Turkey in a Can"
  • Episode 19 "The Kids Run Away"

Season 5:

• Episode 1 "Work Hard or Die Trying, Girl"
  • Episode 4 "Dawn of the Peck"
  • Episode 6 "Father of the Bob"
  • Episode 7 "Tina Tailor Soldier Spy"
  • Episode 9 "Speakeasy Rider"

Season 6:

• Episode 3 "The Hauntening"

Season 7:

• Episode 6 "The Quirk-ducers"
  • Episode 7 "The Last Gingerbread House on the Left"
  • Episode 8 "Ex Mach Tina"
  • Episode 15 "Ain't Miss Debatin'"

Season 8:

• Episode 2 "The Silence of Louise"
  • Episodes 6 &7 "The Bleakening, Parts 1 & 2"
  • Episode 8 "V for Valentine-detta"
  • Episode 9 "Y Tu Ga-Ga Tambien"
  • Episode 12 "The Hurt Soccer"

Season 9:

• Episode 2 "The Taking of Funtime One Two Three"
  • Episode 4 "Nightmare on Ocean Avenue Street"
  • Episode 5 "Live and Let Fly"
  • Episode 15 "The Fresh Princ-ipal"
  • Episode 22 "Yes Without My Zeke"

Season 10:

• Episode 1 "The Ring (But Not Scary)"
  • Episode 10 "Have Yourself a Maily Linda Christmas"
  • Episode 13 "Three Girls and a Little Wharfy"
  • Episode 20 "Poops!... I Didn't Do It Again"

Season 11:

• Episode 6 "Bob Belcher and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Kids"
  • Episode 12 "Die Card, or Card Trying"
  • Episode 16 "Y Tu Tina También"
  • Episode 17 "Fingers-Loose
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Ikki said:

I'm not as thorough as @Popples, and I don't know seasons, but here are some of my favorites:

"Crawl Space"

"Art Crawl"

"Sheesh! Cab, Bob"

"Bob Fires the Kids"

"Bad Tina"

"Beefsquatch"

"It Snakes a Village"

"Seaplane!"

"Mazel-Tina"

"Dream a Little of Bob," but mostly for the complicated hand-slapping song. 

Like most shows, the earlier episodes are better. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Ikki said:

Two from season 3:

Carpe Museum (While acting as a parent chaperone on the school's trip to the museum, Bob has a father- daughter bonding moment with Louise.)

Mother Daughter Laser Razor (Linda forces Louise to attend a mother-daughter seminar in the hope of improving their relationship; Tina asks Bob to teach her to shave her legs.)

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

I just noticed that the movie is now on Hulu. It has a thread over in the Movies section but I figured I would mention it here. 

It's also available on HBOMax.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

I finally watched the Bob's Burgers movie and ... meh. It did nothing to change my mind that 30-minute animated shows do not make good full-length movies. It felt like a retread, padded version of the two-parter "Wharf Horse," where Bob and Mr. Fishoeder are held captive by Felix and the wharf is in danger. "Wharf Horse" did the "Bob in danger" story a lot better and in a shorter amount of time. 

The movie also didn't make sense in terms of time. How long was the carny dead to decompose into nothing but a skeleton? Did the sinkhole in front of Bob's also occur many years before?

I'm tired of Tina and her obsession/stalking of Jimmy Jr. Girl, he's not into you (he's into Zeke). Let it go. They have Tiny be a strong, independent young woman in one scene and then an obsessed stalker in the next.

Wasn't really that interested in Louise's journey to overcome her fear of being thought of as a "baby." We've seen her go through similar journeys. 

Gene was only mildly annoying, but his unnatural attachment to Linda is off-putting.

Teddy was as annoying as ever. 

I just re-watched the episode where the second biker baby is born in the restaurant (the same episode with 'Patricia's 77 sandwiches').  I love the part where Linda is trying to make the mother-to-be feel better about having a baby by talking about how she wasn't ready for her three but she's now happy and proud of them.  When Louise says 'We're a damn treat'  I crack up every time at how she says it. 

• LOL 2

And we're back! The sinkhole in the opening!

Neighbor: Tan in Real Life

Exterminator: The Merchant of Vermin

Burger(s) of The Day: I Like Walnuts and I Cannot Lie, Mid-Cucumber Night's Brie-M Burger, Dirty Rotten Tendrils Burger, Cauliflower Me Maybe Burger, All The World's A Sage Burger

Yeah, much like the torch, don't trust Louise with knives. I loved her daydream about handling them.

I love the weird relationship between Calvin & Felix. Felix steals a beloved trophy and drops chandeliers on Calvin after seeing Phantom of The Opera, Calvin puts LSD in Felix's food, and has the family put on a fake play to get Felix to confess to stealing the trophy. Love that the play ended up working after all.

I was dying at Ham Legs, and Hamlet: But Good This Time. Even in his dreams Bob can't self sabotage himself from improving his life. His shoulder angel & demon were the Hamlet Ghost and the talking patty. He gets a successful business, but at the cost of neglecting the burgers, his one passion. Such is the reset button, I guess.

"Aww, my little boobie boy!"

Linda, the ally we need.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Mid-Cucumber Night's Brie-M Burger

That was in the dream after the Hamlet discussion. Clever. And no one knows anything about Hamlet. (But good this time.)

59 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Yeah, much like the torch, don't trust Louise with knives. I loved her daydream about handling them.

She ended up on the throne from Game of Thrones. 

Was the end song a riff on 'You're my obsession?'

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

I would NOT trust Louise with knives, good call Bob. 

Great to have the show back, I would totally watch Hamlet: The Good Version in all of its glory. Love that the play actually worked even though Felix knew exactly what he was doing, never a dull moment with that family. 

Poor Bob having a whole Sliding Doors ghost story, if he had expanded the restaurant he would be more successful, but he would neglect his beloved burgers. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

The whole vibe of the expansion was way too hipster for Bob anyway. 

The best I've ever seen the restaurant was when they did the late night Valentine's Day. It was packed; everyone was genuinely enjoying themselves. I think more of that would be their style.

Think of a mother's day brunch. They got the griddle; Bob could make special omelettes with sliders or something. It would kill.  

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Burger(s) of The Day: I Like Walnuts and I Cannot Lie, Mid-Cucumber Night's Brie-M Burger, Dirty Rotten Tendrils Burger, Cauliflower Me Maybe Burger, All The World's A Sage Burger

Is this the most Burgers of the Day in one episode?

I was sure that the ghost was voiced by Kevin Kline doing an English accent, but I was wrong. (It was Adam Godley.)

Cracked me up when Linda said she thought Hamlet was about Romeo & Juliet.

I hope Bob's knives are ok. I visualized them having nicks on the blades.

• Love 4