Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

The Olympics are on the 4th - 18th I think too. 

All the usual lineup are reruns. 

Since I'm totes streaming I forget about that kinda stuff. I don't often think about networks having schedules and stuff. 

• Love 1

Neighbor: Where Do Broken Harps Go? 

Harp Repair

Exterminator: Beetle Royale

Burger(s) of The Day: Don't Say It's Okra Burger

"'Power Couple' is what we call Dad's boobs."
"Gene."

"Is this what the song 'I Smell Sex and Candy' is about?"

Man, Bob and Linda. They meet some cool people, and through a hilarious series of errors, can't make it to their Valentine's Day date. I'll admit, the sheep (who DID look like Bob & Linda!) were cute. I kind of wish we saw how their dinner went, but I like how they were able to get their ferry home. Power Couple indeed.

"We'll be back around 11."
"O'the clock?"

I missed Jen so much. So delightfully weird. I loved that the kids were completely blindsided at the concept of responsible babysitting. Oh my god Joe Pera was perfect as someone Jen would crush on. An awkward notary just seems so good for her, their "date" was so oddly horny with how square they were. He's so perfect for this show.

• Love 5

I always like when other chefs complement Bob. 

To be fair, Louise was right; Jen shouldn't be having anyone over babysitting. I don't think asking her to go to the drugstore to get the candy needed to be a scheme though. They were going to pay with their own money. I mean, the boxes have a map there's so much candy. 

I kind of wanted to see them enter the restaurant at least. I would bet a hipster place would be rapt in attention at a story like that. I liked when Bob was scolding the sheep and it worked. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I don't think asking her to go to the drugstore to get the candy needed to be a scheme though. They were going to pay with their own money.

I thought they were just going for free samples.

I mean, the boxes have a map there's so much candy. 

This cracked me up. When I (rarely) get a box of assorted chocolates, I get peeved if there's not a map.

I loved Tina's little story about losing her shoe, esp with the simplified animation to illustrate what happened.

I, too, enjoy seeing other restaurant people complimenting Bob's cooking.

I wanted to help that lady corral her rogue sheep.

Gene: Bring me a doggy bag! I'm not kidding! I want a bag of dogs!

Bob: I just jumped in dress shoes. Has that ever been done?

Jen: Why aren't you in your room? Is it on fire?

Jen: Wait. You guys have a bathroom?

Jen: You guys have a hall?

Linda: Stuff your fancy down your pantsy.

Gene: We go in for the kill, and Gene get candy now?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I thought they were just going for free samples.

Louise specifically said 'pool our allowance'. She said 'sampler' and having the map. In CVS, they used to sell 'Whitman's sampler' which were a monster box that had a map. 

This cracked me up. When I (rarely) get a box of assorted chocolates, I get peeved if there's not a map.

There's always a 3 or 4 duds, so you want to pawn them off on old people. 

I, too, enjoy seeing other restaurant people complimenting Bob's cooking.

It's not just that; it's consistently other professionals legitimizing Bob's work. Even when Jimmy Pesto got Bob the booth at the xmas fair on the wharf, he copped to Bob at the end that his burgers were good. Whenever they do something wacky, they always end up packing the place. 

• Love 3

I was hoping to see the other restaurant, I bet it was a trendy hipster place that Linda would find the ambiance super cool while Bob would get excited about their locally grown vegetable garden in the back. At least they finally made it, and another chef complimented Bobs cooking, so I'm calling this one a win.

Those Bob and Linda sheep were adorable. "I think your making them uncomfortable, your making me uncomfortable!"

Great seeing Jen again, she's so delightfully odd. She's so awkward that she has to go to Tina for romantic advice. Looks like she found the perfect guy for her! 

• Love 5
(edited)

I still can't believe there's anyone more clueless than Tina when it comes to boys. 

Jen: Should I put it on my eyelids too?

I wanted to see the restaurant too. I wanted to see what kinda reception they'd receive. I'm glad Bob and Linda had fun tho.

Jen is so wonderfully odd. I still quote her line about not knowing how the mick-rowave works and not knowing what bath time means in the episode with Linda's high school reunion. I also love her reaction when they tickled her.

Edited by Aryanna
  • Love 5

Sooooo how old is Jen exactly? Linda refers to her as a “sort-of adult.” I always thought she was like 16/17, but one of those teenage girls that gives off sad middle-aged lady vibes. The notary guy was clearly an adult man. That whole plot was icky to me and a few of my friends have mentioned it as well. 

2 hours ago, LAgator77 said:

Sooooo how old is Jen exactly? Linda refers to her as a “sort-of adult.” I always thought she was like 16/17, but one of those teenage girls that gives off sad middle-aged lady vibes. The notary guy was clearly an adult man. That whole plot was icky to me and a few of my friends have mentioned it as well. 

She goes to a strip club often enough that the bouncer knows her, she's got to be at least 18.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, LAgator77 said:

Same

I always thought she was a high schooler. But when I realized the notary was an adult I assumed Jen must be college age.

I guess I always assumed Jen was a socially awkward, odd early 20s kid who either didn't go to college and still lives at home or graduated, can't find a job, and moved back home.

• Love 9

You would have to be an adult to get things notarized so she's got to be at least 18. It's just that typically one would think a 'babysitter' in terms of watching after junior high kids would be a junior or senior in high school. Not someone going to the strip club. 

It also makes sense because if she was only 15/16, I don't think 13 y/o Tina would be as respectful. 

3 hours ago, emma675 said:

I guess I always assumed Jen was a socially awkward, odd early 20s kid who either didn't go to college and still lives at home or graduated, can't find a job, and moved back home.

And I thought she was in her 30's and, as you said, socially awkward. I can't remember if there have been any clues to her age from previous appearances.

• Love 6
On 3/4/2022 at 12:03 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

You would have to be an adult to get things notarized so she's got to be at least 18. It's just that typically one would think a 'babysitter' in terms of watching after junior high kids would be a junior or senior in high school. Not someone going to the strip club. 

It also makes sense because if she was only 15/16, I don't think 13 y/o Tina would be as respectful. 

I always thought Tina was mad that Jen babysat them because girls Tina's age were getting paid to babysit, and Bib and Linda didn't trust Tina to babysit her own brother and sister. 

Jen must be 18 at least, because isn't there an episode where she drives her cousin's ice cream truck for the Belcher kids?

On 3/4/2022 at 4:50 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

Just goes to show you that Bob and Linda are picking Jen to sit the kids over Linda's own sister.

Having Gayle sit while they go out on Valentine's Day? Nightmare. 😁

I would like to see Gayle more, though.

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I can only take Gayle in small doses. She needs to eat less things that are the same color. 

I feel this way about all of Linda's family and Teddy.

• Love 4

Neighbor: I Wanna Specs You Up

Opticians

Exterminator: Catch Me If You Ant

"Gene, don't say frigate."
"It's not a bad word."

Was it established that Teddy was in the Navy? I forgot. (Edit: It's briefly mentioned in "The Helen Hunt") I liked his little backstory about being Double-Dip. It's embarrassing but it's a solid nickname with a fun story behind it. I loved that his frigate was the USS Gertrude Stein. No good deed goes unpunished with Teddy. He just wanted to leave but Linda just HAD to break something important for a gift for Teddy that she shouldn't have taken. And he got redeemed, too!

Every story we hear about Linda's teen years just gets creepier and creepier. Weird and creepy sure runs in her family.

"You can pretend to be our dad!"

"Yeah dad, I hear you're supposed to do fun activities with your kids."

The kids were being extra savage tonight.

Can I just say that a Twisted Monkey is a really adorable drink for Louise? A ginger ale with ice (twisted) where you make a monkey sound when you're serving it.

• Love 4

Wow Death By Chocolate is a brilliant burn of a nickname. 
Was the ship called the Gertrude Stein? That's inspired. 

And the band played Barracuda. 

I like that Louise has her own kids' drink. Ginger ale was always a 'going out' drink. And she ordered beers for the adults. 

I like when they write this version of Teddy. 

• Love 8

I'm glad things worked out well for everyone. Teddy found out the guys felt they were all friends and actually looked up to him, and then he got the bell to take home. Bob was able to tie the knot when it really counted.

I was wondering what Teddy was eating. I thought they looked like crab cakes, but that seemed pretty extravagant, so I was a little surprised that that's what they were. (I love crab cakes.)

The band being called the Brass Kissers was funny.

When I was moving last year and packing things into pods, I googled how to make a particular knot. It may have been the one Bob was struggling with. When I was able to do it, I was really impressed with how to worked. Of course now I have no idea how to do it. I guess I could rewatch the guy on this ep.

Louise: Lot of middles, Malcolm.

Gene: Are we under-tattooed?

• Love 8

It's kind of sad that Teddy spent all this time floundering in resentment, although I don't fault him. When he said, 'you guys thought we were friends?!' I actually thought he was going to tear them up. 

I hope that means less plots about neurotic Teddy.

• Love 2

I really liked getting some of Teddy's backstory, I can totally see Teddy seeing good natured ribbing as teasing, he's sensitive like that, glad that it was cleared up and everything worked out. I like when they write Teddy as an actual person and not a bunch of pathetic punchlines. 

I really enjoyed this one in general, all of the plots were really funny and they all ended up tying up nicely together at the end. Bob even got to help save the day tying that very easy knot! 

Gertrude Stein is an amazing name for a ship. As is Death by Chocolate as a mean girls name, although I think the real lesson here is don't fuck with teenage Linda. Or adult Linda. 

• Love 4

I just thought this episode was meh. I've made it pretty well known my disdain for teddy and teddy plots. Tho he wasn't ad annoying this episode. 

BTW I don't get the Gertrude Stein joke. Who is she and why is it funny to have a ship named thst?

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Aryanna said:

I don't get the Gertrude Stein joke. Who is she and why is it funny to have a ship named thst

She was an American writer in the early to mid-1900s.  Lesbian, lived in Paris with her partner Alice B. Toklas (she of the original pot brownies recipe), collected art and held salons. Part of the "Charmed Circle" that included Picasso, Hemingway, Apollinaire (a personal fav), among many others of note. Fairly eccentric. That's the short story.

The idea a USN frigate would be named after an expatriate literary lesbian is where the humor comes in. It's highly unlikely!!

Edited by Ms Lark
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13

Neighbor: Under the Tuscan Sponge

Exterminator: Flaming of The Shrew

Burger of The Day: House of 1000 Pork-ses Burger, I Stilton Haven't Found What Thyme Waiting For

Courtney knows how to lure the other kids into doing her music video: promise lots of good candy. Gene was being terrible. He has standards, and Courtney is just so basic. He has no qualms forcing people to listen to HIS music (Percy McTinselBud anyone?), but he can't deal with listening to someone else's song. She just wants to make a dumb music video and get closer to Gene like a creep.

Man, the last thing I was expecting in that briefcase was walnuts. We'll never know if Billy Bandana was a serial killer. They really pulled off the tension of him almost finding out what happened to the briefcase.

• Love 9

When Linda walked outside to look for Billy, I didn't realize how close they are to the wharf. 

42 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Courtney knows how to lure the other kids into doing her music video: promise lots of good candy. Gene was being terrible. He has standards, and Courtney is just so basic. He has no qualms forcing people to listen to HIS music (Percy McTinselBud anyone?), but he can't deal with listening to someone else's song.

I don't like when they do brat Gene. I mean, ok, you're not too into it, but some of your friends are, and there's candy. The really good candy. Who cares if the song is 'unoriginal'? And he made her cry. 

I did like how Tina and Louise were the only one scarfing the candy.

• Love 3

I hate it when they make Gene a brat. Yes, Courtney's song was ridiculous, but so are all of Gene's songs and people put up with him.

I think the briefcase didn't rattle because it was so stuffed full of walnuts there was no room for anything to move. That dude was definitely a serial killer. "I feel like we were just in the presence of death." 🤣

• Love 4

I didn't see Gene as a brat, considering he tried really hard to avoid hurting Courtney's feelings while trying to duck out. I actually admire his surprising sense of artistic integrity. I even thought Courtney bursting into tears so easily was because she sensed the song sucked. I can see how Gene seems like a hypocrite making others listen to his music, but I thought the part where he lost it made sense: his songs may be annoying, but he never insisted on roping everyone into something that public and permanent. I mean that video will never be able to leave the internet.

I LOVE that the Walnut Man story will never have any explanation or closure. I usually give Linda a pass with her shenanigans, but I thought she went way too far breaking into that briefcase with Teddy. I hope she loses sleep trying to figure out what happened, but I'm betting it'll be Bob who lies awake at night.

• Love 6

Brat is probably the wrong word, but it's been pointed out that he isn't exactly the tastemaker he thinks he is. We have a third person view, but the family as a whole puts up with a lot of his antics. And there was candy on the line. Good candy. 

I think maybe it was a mistake for Gene to refuse because the song was terrible because he's got no legs to stand on there. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, PinkRibbons said:

I didn't see Gene as a brat, considering he tried really hard to avoid hurting Courtney's feelings while trying to duck out. I actually admire his surprising sense of artistic integrity. I even thought Courtney bursting into tears so easily was because she sensed the song sucked. I can see how Gene seems like a hypocrite making others listen to his music, but I thought the part where he lost it made sense: his songs may be annoying, but he never insisted on roping everyone into something that public and permanent. I mean that video will never be able to leave the internet.

I LOVE that the Walnut Man story will never have any explanation or closure. I usually give Linda a pass with her shenanigans, but I thought she went way too far breaking into that briefcase with Teddy. I hope she loses sleep trying to figure out what happened, but I'm betting it'll be Bob who lies awake at night.

Ditto to this all. I thought Gene's story was well done. He has his standards, which people may say are ridiculous or unjustified, but they're his standards, and he doesn't want to compromise. But with Tina's help he realizes that his "artistic stand" was hurting his friend. That's all. 

As far as the Walnut Man story, the weirdness was so great. Loved how it ended. I didn't love how obsessed Linda was with it. Teddy, too, though somehow it didn't bother me so much with him. 

Is "flavor fingers" a real dance move? I'm thinking not, but then I'm not up on the kids these days.

The little details in the animation always impress me. In this ep there's the scene where Bob comes into the restaurant kitchen and is surprised by Linda (who's the lookout while Teddy is working on the briefcase). She surprises Bob, and he steps back. It's really not a big thing, but like I said, I really appreciate the little details in many of the episodes.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, PinkRibbons said:

I've come around to the Gene story. I agree with all of this. Yeah, Gene makes everyone listen to his songs, but never ropes them in. Hell, I cited Percy McTinselBud in my first comment, and it was the family that involved themselves to recreate the record for him, and he didn't even ask for that.

• Love 2