Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Clamstrodamus reminded me of when I went to Sesame Place as a kid and was able to handle your own Muppet.

That sounds like so much fun! I know many places have digital/audio-animatronic puppets like him, but my only experience with one was the Mr. Potato Head carnival barker they have in front of the Toy Story Midway Mania ride at Disneyland. He actually picked me out of the lineup and, not going to lie, even as an adult it got me excited he was talking to me. I would have hated it as a kid, though. I get creeped out by being close to audio-animatronics, even though I can handle them now, but as a kid if one of those things talked to me I would run screaming...

I always love big Bob and his interactions with the kids. He seems to get the kids and has a soft spot for them and their weirdness.

I somehow knew a burger was gonna be the secret to getting a genuine smile from teddy.

I love Louise. She is always so true to herself. I wanna marry her when she grows up. But she's been 9 for 14 years and is a cartoon soooo...

• Like 1

Neighbor: What I Lick About You

Lollipops

Exterminator: Something Weevil This Way Comes

Burger(s) of The Day: Broccoli Rabe-in Hood Burger

I know there wasn't a proper Halloween episode this year, but this ep certainly could've been one. This one was damn clever, a "documentary" about Louise being an archer which turns into a zombie movie. Honestly good editing skills when the camera panned outside to clearly Bob and Linda and zombie makeup (and all the makeup ended at the neck!), then panning back inside to Bob and Linda totally nonchalant about Teddy turning people into zombies. I'm also with the zombies on this one, I'm not a fan of mustard. Loved that Bob objected to the mustard slander.

Jimmy Jr. as a zombie (doing Thriller moves!)...It's like all of Tina's fantasies came true.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 7

I was thinking this had to be some elaborate prank on Louise going nuts about the bow. That it was a movie was so much better. You know Teddy was all in. 

I can't believe Louise let Rudy die. I thought she was going to step up then. 

• Like 4

I. Hate. Zombies. I don't like comic strips with them, let alone live-action movies. However, this wasn't too bad.

I'm a big mustard fan. My favorite condiment. To rephrase what Louise said, "I'm a mustard person, and I don’t respect ketchup people."

• Like 3

That was hilarious, it even makes up for us not getting a Halloween episode this year. I guessed pretty quickly that this was a movie which just made it more fun with me, you could really see everyone making real acting choices, like Bob and Linda casually breaking "character" several times, Teddy really going hard as a zombie, and Jimmy Jr doing Thriller dance moves.

I love that Bob was so offended by the mustard slander and that they ended up going with a less depressing ending. Get him in front of the camera for a day and all of the sudden he's a film critic. 

• Like 3

Tina sounded like she was "in" on Santa when she was calming down Louise, but before, she's still believed in Santa. 

I know Linda is Linda, but come on. It's a snowstorm, and you got a giant lodge for nothing. She could have just drove back and brought Bob to help with the tree. I know Linda is wacky, but sometimes she can be too much. They easily could have got another tree from the million in the forest. 

Smart Tina shutting up about the big bed too. 

I liked that Bob was impressed that they covered up the rabbit. 

That wasn't really a popping xmas episode though. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

Neighbor: The Towering Intern-O

Tall Temp Service

Exterminator: Gnat If I Can Help It

The Fischoeder hunting mansion was 90 miles away. Judging from the beautiful scenery, it had to be in Pennsylvania. I loved all the creepy falcon imagery, and all the beds. Loved that Bob and Linda were stuck in the twin beds room while the kids all got rooms with the big beds.

"We did our best."
"That doesn't sound like us."

Once again Linda is so obsessed with the Christmas tree that she was willing to risk her life to get hers back. But good on her for finally leaving it behind.

• Like 3

I thought that was a pretty good ep, though, yes, Linda was a lot with that tree.

Once again I found myself mesmerized by some of the animation. There was the snow accumulating on the windshield, then swept away by the intermittent wiper. There was the pink in the sky (and on the mountains?) as Linda was struggling with the tree.

Lots of good lines.

Santa has sleigh-dar.

Bob: A guy could maybe cook a Christmas meal in here?
Gene: Guy Fieri?

(in the funicula)
Bob: Top or bottom.
Gene: That's the eternal question.

Gene: I'm in the Elmer Fudd suite.

Bob: I guess I just start chopping at the trunky part?
Gene: No technical terms. Dumb it down for us.

Tina: What about sticks?
Gene: And stones? No wait. Our bones.

Linda: Can you die of cold? No, that's only in the movies.

Linda: I'm going to go dig the snow out of my butt, and then let's bake some cookies!
Gene: I bet Mrs Claus says the same thing every year.

Then the song at the end with Santa singing about loving gluten. That was great.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I think the drawback for me was they were in this cool lodge for xmas, and it didn't really amount to much. I would have liked to see Bob cooking. There just wasn't too much going on for having the plot be just the family. 

I wanted to see them explore the lodge more. I wish that had been the kid plot instead of making a Belcher sign. The funicular and the creepy décor was a good start but I wanted more.

I was so frustrated with Linda when she kept trying to get the tree on her own over and over. Go back to the lodge, get Bob and try with a second person. Besides, how was Linda ever going to secure that tree to the top of her car on her own. 

• Like 4

I know that Linda is always a lot, but she really went wacky about that Christmas tree. Linda, you very much can die of cold! Its not just in the movies!

I wish that the kid plot had been more about the creepy hunting lodge for rich weirdos, but I loved Bob's attempts at trying to cover up that creepy giant picture and the kids covering it up with wrapping paper. 

Tina made the right call on the bed, she definitely got the best room. Poor Gene is definitely having bad dreams in the creepy gun room. 

Not one of the best Christmas episodes, but still a fun time.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Tina made the right call on the bed, she definitely got the best room. Poor Gene is definitely having bad dreams in the creepy gun room. 

Bob: "Dad's back, too."
Tina: "Good to see ya, man!"

That caught me so off guard, that was probably my favorite line of the episode.

8 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I know that Linda is always a lot, but she really went wacky about that Christmas tree. Linda, you very much can die of cold! Its not just in the movies!

Bob has his obsession with the turkey, Linda has hers about the Christmas Tree.

10 hours ago, vibeology said:

I wanted to see them explore the lodge more. I wish that had been the kid plot instead of making a Belcher sign. The funicular and the creepy décor was a good start but I wanted more.

Honestly, same. I wanted to see more weird rooms and gadgets. But love that Bob and Linda got stuck with the one with the kid beds while the kids got rooms with real beds. I bet Felix was forced to bunk in the twin bed room.

• Like 2
On 12/18/2023 at 9:01 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

I think the drawback for me was they were in this cool lodge for xmas, and it didn't really amount to much. I would have liked to see Bob cooking. There just wasn't too much going on for having the plot be just the family. 

Same

It would've been cool if the belchers had been able to have a good Christmas in thst cabin. 

• Like 2

I liked that the kids were all in on rescuing Teddy, but Bob wouldn't let them. Brilliant idea to use the song to time the drive. 

This was really good for Bob. The double fake wall was genius. 

I liked the big burger too. Basically, they made a bunch of sliders. I'm surprised Bob hasn't made them before. 

• Like 6

Neighbor: Bradley Cooper's Pooper Scoopers

Exterminator: Beetles Juiced

Burger(s) of The Day: Mrs. Krautfire Biurger

Teddy buys sheet metal by sheet loads. And if anyone found a way to get stuck in a safe owned by a rich crazy survival bunker guy, it's Teddy.

Playing "Judy in Disguise" while driving down the road so he'd know where to turn was a really clever idea by Bob. I thought Bob hid in the safe. And then I thought he was in the secret fake wall. Nope, Pez dispensers! But he was behind the OTHER fake wall! That was clever. 

Huh, it's a real song. Well, I learned something from this show yet again.

I wish the Beefhemoth B-plot went anywhere. I did like that the kids had their comeuppance by having to eat the entire thing and not the soccer team.

• Like 3

I'm old enough to know that song, though at first I was thinking Teddy got the title wrong, one of those misheard lyrics things. I know I used to think it was Judy in the Skies.

Loved Bradley Cooper's Pooper Scoopers.

Rescuing Teddy was a lot of fun. It seemed hopeless at the beginning, but, yes, Bob figuring out he could use the song to know where to turn was great. Of course Teddy's apparently useless, extraneous info was very helpful -- Not just the music but the aftershave. Bob may not be able to figure out percentages, but he proved his smarts here.

And speaking of that math problem: Is that possible to solve? Loved Linda saying, "What kind of hats are we talking about?" And then Gene putting the problem aside and giving it the silent treatment. Been there, done that.

The Beef Behemoth story was so-so. I did wonder about the bakery having a giant bun in the window. Of course it turned out to be plastic.

Another little animation bit I enjoyed was Bob hitching up his pants after he bent down to pick up the gloves. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, peeayebee said:

And speaking of that math problem: Is that possible to solve?

It's unnecessarily convoluted, but you just need the overall rate of sales and then times it by the hours the store was open on Tuesday. 

• Like 5

"Gene was doing homework? That's new" 

That was a really good episode, both plots had the Belchers get a win. Sort of weird wins, but wins never the less. Bob using the song to figure out where to turn really was brilliant, even if he cant do much to help with Gene's homework he should still feel good about himself. 

I love that the kids were all totally excited to go and save Teddy, but Bob understandably said no due to safety. 

Poor Teddy, he's either never had a panic attack or he's always having one. I think we all know which one it is. 

• Like 2

I'd like if down the line Teddy just makes a quick remark how he is still being hired by the guy. 

Can the show (or tv) not say "pez" dispenser? They said something like "candy collection". Is like how you can't say kleenex?

• Like 4

When Teddy first said collectible candy dispensers I did not at all think he meant Pez. Only when we saw them near the end. I was expecting, like. antique gumball machines and other random stuff.

I was irrationally annoyed at Bob trying to write down the math problem when he was trying to help for a second. Gene has it written down! You don't need to rewrite it! Just ask to see the paper!

I expected the double fake wall, but thought it'd be behind the intentional fake wall, not to the side, so they got me.

I couldn't stop thinking about how expensive that burger needed to be given how much they put into it. They needed something more like a 25 person baseball team, not a basketball team. I mean, I guess they didn't given the group was willing to order it. But seriously, how much did they charge? I bet they forgot to do the math for profit and it was just about the fun-factor.

• Like 2
On 1/8/2024 at 9:13 AM, peeayebee said:

I'm old enough to know that song, though at first I was thinking Teddy got the title wrong, one of those misheard lyrics things. I know I used to think it was Judy in the Skies.

That's what I thought they were saying.  I don't think I've ever heard that song. I thought it was made up for the episode. 

14 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Antiques Roadshow is in Alaska, and they had a bunch of Bob Ross paintings. They talked about his time in the Air Force!

I think you meant this for the Great North topic.

Neighbor: The Mighty Mighty Sauce Clones

Off Brand Condiments

Exterminator: Take An Ants on Me

Burger of The Day: Swiss Congeniality Burger, The Scarlet Cheddar Burger

Nice callback to The Belchies with the town's history of bootlegging. The tour guide (the great Andy Daly) was lots of fun! Usually those types are wet blankets. And we got to see Fisch's secret lair and the storage space under the pier from the movie again! And of course some deus ex machina would rob Louise of her treasure, and of course it was Fisch. It was sweet that Louise framed the $17.

We got to see Logan again! Loved how embarrassing Cynthia continues to be.

Really liked the B plot with the street performers, especially the creepy guy with the pipes. And of course he wins. The balloon dragon was really cool.

• Like 8

Was this the hotel that Louise solved the mystery in the Halloween episode? That's such a great callback! And they're calling back to the movie too!

The news did a piece on the city tunnels used for Prohibition where I live. There's a 'speakeasy' underneath the street now. I mean, the door is on the street level, and then you go downstairs underneath. It's a proper bar.

Wow that balloon dragon was impressive. 

I liked that the adults under the pier were all slouched down. I don't remember this Logan character. I can only think Louise needed Rudy there. 

Louise behind her back waving Linda down was brilliant. Though she wouldn't have had to do that with Rudy.

I call out Linda on not parenting, but she did well here. 

This episode was really well written and solid. The resolution for the wharf spot was just nice and a good lesson for everyone. 

• Like 6

Great ep. Both stories were fun.

Although all three wharf performers were great, I thought the balloon lady was the best -- What did Bob call her when they first saw them? Balloonoligist? Nah. I can't remember. Anyway, THEN the pipe guy performed. I didn't expect that. He was great. Plus he had the perfect solution to who gets the coveted spot.

I don't remember Logan and his mom either, but I loved how everything she said embarrassed him. 

I was worried that Louise or Linda would drop the statue into the ocean, but I liked how it worked out, that Fischoeder took it, discovered it was fake, and still gave Louise a little money.

• Like 2

That was great, I loved both of the stories. I love that Linda and Louise got a story together, as Linda herself said they don't tend to go on a lot of adventures just the two of them and she wanted to make it count. Tons of call backs in this one, the hotel from Halloween, the tunnels that are much more fun when no one is trying to kill you (like most places), the towns history of bootlegging, and even bratty Logan and his annoying mom. 

The secondary plot with the street performers was fun too, that balloon dragon really was cool, I thought that the balloon lady was in the lead until the pipe guy stole the show. 

I was sure that Louise would drop the statue into the ocean, I liked the way it actually played out much better. Mr. Fischoeder took the statue, it was a fake anyway, but Louise did end up getting some money to hang up!

• Like 3

I love that Linda and Bob have specific dynamics with each of the kids. Louise and Linda are a favorite pairing of mine because the two are literal partners in crime. I mean, Louise did get her crazy from Linda's side of the family. (One of my top 10 moments from this show is Linda being accused of this and saying "You think I don't know that?!" followed by maniacal laughter.)

I like that this episode showed that Linda and Louise both work at their relationship. Linda learns to trust Louise and Louise appreciates Linda's company.

• Like 2
  • Love 1