Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Louise brought a burger from Mort's for show and tell. (I know it wasn't real, but it's a brilliant gag.)

Bob and Linda just let the girls wander around the beach looking for canonballs. I don't know why they just didn't come back at low tide. I know Louise can be a bit much, but she was way over line here. Writing a complaint to Ken Burns was a great line. 

Has anyone at the bar ordered beers before? 

Teddy was a bit much too. I respect the effort, but dial it down.

I feel like everyone has at least one childhood adventure that you look back on in complete shock and are astounded that you didn't die. And if your parents ever hear about it it's when you're in your 30s and your mother still nearly loses her shit at what almost happened to her babies.

I was not an adventurous kid at all, but I know I nearly drowned, almost got hit by a car or two and was up way too high (or on way too unstable a structure) and could have broken my neck more than once. It was just childhood. Me and my best friend had close calls we never considered anything important until we were looking back from the other side of 20.

• Like 7

Even though they couldn't hear Gus, when he waves were coming in the cave, Tina said, "I think the tide is coming in." They still could have come back later. I know it wouldn't happen because Louise is too obsessive. They could have hid it with seaweeds and come back with a garden shovel. 

Of course, they'd have to keep quiet about it in the meantime, and no way Tina doesn't blow the whistle. 

I was somewhat ticked at both Teddy and Louise. But they both learned something by the end.

Kathleen is great. 

Teddy: Ooo, I think some of them are from Ireland. Do you know them?
Kathleen: It’s a pretty big country, Teddy. Oh wait. That’s my dad.
Teddy: What?
Kathleen: I’m kidding. It could be a cousin, though.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

"I want to write an angry letter to someone. Ken Burn maybe?" 

The animation of the ocean was really good, even though obviously I knew that they would be fine I did feel some tension when the tide was coming in. If you live by the ocean, you really need to understand how the tide works! 

Tina's right, this town needs more parks, or these sorts of hijinks with the kids wouldn't happen all of the time. 

Oh Teddy, he tried way too hard as he so often does, but luckily for him Kathleen is a very understanding women. I hope we see more of her, I always like her when she pops up. "I'm Irish, we're required to like hurling."

Did not expect to see a call back to Morts funeral burger from the pilot. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

The animation of the ocean was really good, even though obviously I knew that they would be fine I did feel some tension when the tide was coming in. If you live by the ocean, you really need to understand how the tide works! 

I was floored by the animation where they were trying to put the paper screen back up while the video was running.  It was absolutely incredible.

• Like 7

TWO episodes tonight!

What A (April) Fool Believes:

Neighbor: To Thrill a Mockingbird

Avant Garde Birdhouses

Exterminator: Welcome Back Swatter

Burger(s) of The Day: Catsup With That? Burger, The Pos-Onion Adventure burger (Upside-down), Guac-apella Burger, Lettuce It Snow Burger, Rye Wiiiife Burger (with Rye Bread), Swiss-ter Act 2 Burger

"Hello, Bob. Lady Bob. Lesser Bobs. Freddy." Ah, Mr. Fischoeder was great in this. His cackling laugh was incredible. The "frame Bob for attempted murder" prank was one of the most awful, devious, hilarious thing he's done. It was great to see deranged, paranoid Bob again. Bob's prank was amazing. 

It was great to see Felix, too. Zach Galifinakis made me laugh every time he lunged.

"Lots of people look like other people. Like Jesse Eisenberg and that other guy?"
"Wait, they're different people?!"

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 4

Crows Encounter of The Bird Kind:

Neighbor: With A Little Hoop From My Friends

Mini Basketball Hoops

Exterminator: How The Mitey Have Fallen

Burger(s) of The Day: Rye Here Rye Now Burger

Ah yes, birding. The one phase of your life when you realize you're in your thirties. We got a callback to Bruce The Goose and Ranger Matthew Dainko. Yeah, seeing your first bird death by predator is pretty traumatizing. But crows are really cool.

Gotta say, the other episode was better. Liked the crow story, wasn't a fan of the Dare-y Queen story.

Teddy: "God, I love peer pressure! Always works!"

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 5

Mr. Fischoeder dressed up as Linda for one of the April Fools. 

The old art people who hate Bob always like to rile up. The glitter account was canceled. 

I felt bad for Bob. He gets roped into doing things he doesn't want. Bob finally got one. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
18 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Mr. Fischoeder dressed up as Linda for one of the April Fools. 

Yeah, I caught that in the montage. I rewatched it a few times to get the Burgers of The Day. I want the story behind that one.

It's always fun to see cool birds. We used to have a feeder, and I got to see cardinals. I saw a bald eagle too on a hike.

The dares were fun. I'm surprised they don't do it more often. They kept getting Teddy with the napkin. 

There seemed to be more people in the restaurant than usual. 

The emotional park ranger totally stole his scenes. 

Oh, the Counting Crows pun at the end. I didn't know what they were doing at first. 

On 3/19/2023 at 8:49 PM, Galileo908 said:

Yeah, I caught that in the montage. I rewatched it a few times to get the Burgers of The Day. I want the story behind that one.

I'll have to rewatch. I missed that. I was super tired yesterday, so rewatching is definitely in order.

I left for a vacation Sunday morning, so yesterday when I got back I was very confused that there were two new eps. I kept counting on my fingers to see how long I was gone.

Loved that Bob got Mr Fischoeder with that falling prank. Honestly, he got me too.

• Like 3

The Fischoeder's were in fine form in the prank episode, I love that Mr.  Fischoeder pranks Bob every year, that seems like something that he would find hilarious. Bob really got him, he got me too, even though I should have known those scaffoldings would come into play. 

The return of unhinged Bob is always welcome. "I'm flattered and terrified." 

Oh yes, I think everyone hits that moment when they hear the call of bird watching. Crows are really cool, I would love to watch a crow use a tool to get its lunch, even in a gross park bathroom. 

Their glitter account is tragically cancelled.  

• Like 3

Neighbor: Are We Not Pens?

We Are Stylo French Pens

Exterminator: So You Think You Got Ants

Burger(s) of The Day: I couldn't catch the whole thing, but it was a "Hey Mr. Tambourine Man" pun.

Man, that Swole Bob daydream was hilarious. Also loved him trying on the aviator glasses. Thinking he'd be flying over an important sports game with them on was both very low stakes and sad, and incredibly in character for him. They did look cool, but they don't work with the mustache. It makes him look more Super Troopers than Top Gun.

So, Mitchell, a new character was Gene's former friend. You know, it's interesting to realize that Gene is put off by people who have his exact energy. Like Courtney. (and so did Mitchell!) I loved the animation when he tried to hide from Mitchell, especially him driving the little red car for like two seconds. 

Honestly surprised that there was no twist that the gift card didn't have any money or anything. Just that Linda got her new sewing machine. I was wondering if we ever saw Linda sewing at all, but those incredibly specific Halloween costumes don't appear out of thin air.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 6

Credit to TPTBs for at least acknowledging Gene can be a brat, even if Gene doesn't know it himself almost all of the time. Gene just isn't going to have friends in high school. 

I did like the drum noise in the background of all scenes. 

• Like 2

Gene could also make friends in high school, kids like him tend to get friends by then.

Then again, he is definitely Linda's son, and there's a chance he could become a human disaster like his aunt Gayle.

• Like 3

When it isn't about music or performing, Gene is a pretty sweet, laid-back kid. He seems liked enough at school now, so I think he'll be fine in the future. I mean he's 11 and already self-aware enough to see how he can be annoying to others.

I kept expecting the diner who tipped the card to show up at the restaurant having accidentally dropped it, not tipped it at all.

• Like 8
11 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Well, there's Alex. And maybe Courtney? He'll at least have his sisters.

Yeah, This One and That One.

Loved Bob telling Gene to go serpentine.

I kept expecting certain things to happen, like, as PinkRibbons said, the person who left the gift card coming back because he didn't mean to leave it, but then Linda said he handed it to her, so then I thought the card was actually empty or invalid.

And then I thought Tina would come back for the DVD and find that someone else had taken it so she'd be mad at Louise.

I was annoyed at Louise trying to make Tina get cheap stuff so she could get the archery set. But then, that's Louise.

I'm glad that Louise said something about the price of the socks because such a bargain store wouldn't sell small packs of socks for around $20.

Bob getting ripped was weird to see.

• Like 4

Gene grates on me when he gets bratty, and I think it just happens too often. In my original post, I did give him credit for some self-awareness. It's the restraint he lacks. 

To be fair, a lot of that is on Bob and Linda. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Like 4

I can appreciate that Gene is self aware that he can be annoying, that is an impressive level of maturity for an eleven year old, a lot of adults aren't even close to realizing how they can come off to people. 

Bob picturing himself as being a body builder was hilarious, then cutting back to him not being at all able to even hold the weight. 

I also kept waiting for it to be revealed that the guy just dropped the gift card and didn't mean to use it as a tip or that the gift card didn't actually have money on it. Or even that Linda would go to find the sewing machine only to find out they had sold all of them. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, HyeChaps said:

I thought for sure that gift card was empty.

I just knew they were going to get to the register to use it and the cashier would say it had like $2.18 or some absurdly low balance left on it.

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
12 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

Tina should have kept her DVD 

I was expecting the twist to be someone buying it as soon as when Tina decides to go back for it.

7 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Gene grates on me when he gets bratty, and I think it just happens too often. In my original post, I did give him credit for some self-awareness. It's the restraint he lacks. 

To be fair, a lot of that is on Bob and Linda. 

It might be perspective, but Mitchell really did come off as a more annoying Gene.

• Like 2

I thought the twist was going to be, not that the gift card would be empty, but that it would turn out only to have a few dollars left on it. Then the Belchers would have to pick just one of the items chosen.

(Yeah, I know you can look online to see how much is on a card using its code.  I'm assuming the Belchers would miss that.)

• Like 4
1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Do the Belchers even have a DVD player?

I could've sworn in at least a couple episodes it looked to me like they had an xbox. Not that their having that makes any sense, but I really thought I saw it.

I feel bad for Bob. He obviously loves his family and tries so hard but when it comes to himself he aims so low.

A pair of aviators bc he wants to look cool. But he's so down on himself that he doesn't think he can do justice to what are probably a pair of $7 sunglasses. He ends up with a pair of socks and then doesn't even get those so that Linda can get the sewing machine.

I don't think Bob's family realizes how much he forgoes things for himself so that he can make his family happy. 

• Like 2

Oh, not at all. Bob obviously likes Linda's chaos, but they all can be really selfish. 

I actually don't have a problem with the sewing machine because everything the kids were going to get, they would have just discarded in a week and it would waste the gift card. Linda already uses a sewing machine to mend the kids' clothes, but it's broken down. She will use the new one. 

They're getting a new one for free, and Linda can extend the kids' clothes for longer without having to buy new. That's saving a lot of money. Also you think Louise probably is getting handmedowns from Tina too. 

• Like 3
On 4/19/2023 at 11:54 AM, DoctorAtomic said:

Oh, not at all. Bob obviously likes Linda's chaos, but they all can be really selfish. 

I actually don't have a problem with the sewing machine because everything the kids were going to get, they would have just discarded in a week and it would waste the gift card. Linda already uses a sewing machine to mend the kids' clothes, but it's broken down. She will use the new one. 

They're getting a new one for free, and Linda can extend the kids' clothes for longer without having to buy new. That's saving a lot of money. Also you think Louise probably is getting handmedowns from Tina too. 

Linda will sew everyone something special, sure of it.

I don't think Louise would want Tina's handmedowns. Somehow I see conflicting styles.

• Like 1

There was a (true) joke in my family that when I was on the way, my father was actively hoping for a second girl specifically to save on clothing. Unfortunately my sister and I had vastly different body types (she was tall for her age and round, I was small for my age and skinny), so I could almost never wear her hand-me-downs. Instead we dressed exclusively out of thrift stores and having sewing ability was invaluable. I can't count how many skirts had their elastic changed, sleeves and cuffs shortened, darts put in, etc. Not to mention the bunches of clothes that get donated because they get one hole (or stain) and the former owner doesn't want/know how to fix it. We were poor immigrants and I still wore exclusively cashmere sweaters because people were so out of touch with simple repair of quality clothing.

All this to say that I agree that sewing machine is potentially a huge factor in the Belcher family finances. Being able to extend the life of items of clothing can save so much money! And Linda may be able to make over some of Tina and even Gene's clothes to suit Louise's style and needs. Louise lives in a dress? That probably has to do with how quickly you can get it on in the morning and the amount of movement it allows. More than once my mother sewed a sweater to a skirt to make a dress.

• Like 2