Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Neighbor: Bohemian Hat City

Exterminator: Do I Make You Hornet, Baby?

Burger of The Day: A League of Pear Own Burger

Of course Gene would name Bob's hemorrhoid. And his butt.

Aww man, Nat's busy, so Bob's driving the limo. I wish they brought up Bob being the cab driver back in season 1.

Loved seeing Jen again. And she's teaching night school!

Rachel Dratch was perfect as Gretchen's sister. The ending was really sweet in that Bob's way. Linda reminded Gretchen that big sisters aren't perfect, the strippers got to come, and Tina didn't get to see anything. Loved Gretchen passed out on the floor during the credits.

• Like 7

Loved the animation when Bob went over the speed bumps.

I immediately started laughing when he did his accent.

I think we all knew there'd be a happy ending, and I was looking forward to it. Didn't disappoint.

Gail is cray-cray and annoying, but she always makes me laugh. 

• Like 3

Awww Bob's desperation saved the day! That was a really fun episode, I'm glad we got a happy ending in that special BB kind of way. Bob is just so game, as soon as he put on that accent I knew this would be a classic. 

You know things are desperate when Gail is the person you call for a Bachelorette party, not surprised at all that she collects shells and shrimp tails. 

Louise was just so thrilled watching Tina not get to watch strippers. "Your like a dog that's been locked out of a tennis ball store." 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
15 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Rachel Dratch was perfect as Gretchen's sister.

What accent was she trying for?  It wasn't NY/NJ and it was a shitty Boston accent if that's what she wanted.  I loved the episode but that distracted me a tad.

2 hours ago, vibeology said:

For Gail, she was pretty well behaved throughout. 

In small doses she's great.

8 hours ago, cynicat said:

What accent was she trying for?  It wasn't NY/NJ and it was a shitty Boston accent if that's what she wanted.  I loved the episode but that distracted me a tad.

Definitely trying for Boston, she was channeling her Zazu character from SNL.

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Definitely trying for Boston, she was channeling her Zazu character from SNL.

That's how I recognized her voice immediately because it made me think of that character, whose name I actually never knew. I just called her the "annoying Boston chick".

• Like 1

Neighbor: Puttin' on the mitts 

Oven Mitts

Exterminator: Gnat-ural Born Killers

I had a cricket hidden in a crevice that wouldn't shut up recently, so that whole plot was incredibly relatable. I think we ended up spraying the crevice and then the noise stopped.

I really liked all of Gene's weird lucid dreams. I loved all the weird animation when Gene was trying to play his keyboard. No shock that his dream song ended up being lame. Questioning your creative efforts is a hell of a mood. The one he wrote at the end was actually really good! But Gene was right, that contest would've made him sign the rights away. It was a good call, but maaaaan, it made the whole plot a shaggy dog story.

I missed Mr. Ambrose and his loud whispering.

• Like 5

I got emotional when Gene buckled down and wrote a song. Developing that discipline and work ethic when it comes to a creative pursuit is probably as important as having the passion and talent in the first place. The way he just kept working away (and the way his family supported him) was beautiful.

Not that he didn't work hard at lucid dreaming. I think he needed to hear the dream song just to know for sure otherwise it would always bug him. I'm glad he was able to recover it and recognize that it wasn't the masterpiece he hoped for. 

The cricket thing is very real. We had one in our garage once and we could hear it at night. I felt for Linda in a very real way. The traps were hilarious. I hope they didn't get ants.

• Like 4

I don't know why crickets are so hard to locate. You can never tell where the sound is coming from.

Maybe I'll try lucid dreaming. I tried it years ago but didn't really put much effort into it, not like Gene did. However, there's no way I could wake up so many times and get myself back to sleep within a minute. I long for a good night's sleep too much to deliberately wake myself up.

I was sure from the beginning that his dream song wouldn't be any good. I've never found dream creations or ideas to be all that great.

I loved seeing Mr. Ambrose again. I miss Billy Eichner. I used to watch Billy on the Street. Is it on anymore?

• Like 2

I should have known that Gene's dream song would actually be total garbage, but the song he actually worked on outside of his dream was actually pretty good. When Gene actually tries and turned down the Gene-ness of it all, he does have some real talent. 

Loved seeing Mr. Ambrose again, he's one of my favorite reoccurring school characters. 

Totally with Linda on crickets, they're absolutely devious little guys, although their music doesn't really bother me. Hope they don't get ants. 

• Like 2

Neighbor: Girdle, Interrupted

Exterminator: Swarm and Fuzzy Exterpminators

Burger(s) of The day: The Burger Ball it Burger. I always appreciate when it's part of the plot.

Man, Zeke was the bully at his old school, and he regrets how he acted because he fell in a bad crowd because he wanted to belong and wrestle people, kids who wanted to pee. That's just good character development. And man, it was over making fun of someone's lisp? Like what Jimmy Jr. has?! Man, I was feeling bad for everyone here.

Jimmy Pesto is back! And sounds mostly the same! It's Eric Bauza! I honestly missed his dynamic with Bob. But to be honest...the show doesn't really need it anymore. Bob really is at his worst when Jimmy steals his thunder. I liked how Bob finally realized it wasn't worth it.

We had Jimmy, Mort, and Rudy all in one episode?! We ate good tonight.

• Like 5

I was surprised to see Jimmy Pesto. I thought they retired the character. I did miss their antagonism. After this episode, I don't think the show needs them anymore. 

I cannot imagine that Louise and Zeke aren't endgame. She immediately leaned into liberating him. 

We haven't had a really solid kids plot for a while. The best part was Rudy rolling in for lunch. I totally buy he just shows up like that. 

• Like 2

Early on I figured Zeke was the bully, but the bit about the lisp-shaming was a big surprise and a nice touch because of his friendship with Jimmy Jr.

I really liked how kind and sensible Jimmy Jr was in telling Zeke the importance of apologizing. 

I also loved when JJ said he used to tell Andy and Ollie that there was only one of them, and that it messed them up for a long time.

I tell ya, even though this is a cartoon, I was watching the booger-wall-licking part thru my fingers. Too gross for me.

• Like 8

Its been awhile since we had so many supporting characters all in the same episode, plus a really good school plot with the kids friends. Mort! Rudy! Zeke backstory! Even the return of Jimmy Pesto! 

Its been ages since we last saw Jimmy, I like how this all played out and how Bob realized that its just not worth sinking to Jimmy's level. He's just a sad man who needs to pick on people to feel cool and has never had an original idea in his life, Bob has way more going on. Which all ties nicely into the plot with the kids and how Zeke became a bully because he wanted to feel like he belonged. 

I guessed that Zeke was actually the bully and was ashamed of what he did, but making fun of the kid with a lisp was a real "gasp" moment! I like how nuanced the backstory was, we all know that Zeke is a good kid but you can see how a lonely awkward kid would get pulled into the wrong crowd, plus this all puts a new light on his friendship with Jimmy Jr, who has a noticeable lisp and who he wrestles with all of the time! The layers! 

Zeke is normally the one who has the weirdly mature advice so it was nice to see Jimmy Jr come through this time. 

• Like 7
10 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I also loved when JJ said he used to tell Andy and Ollie that there was only one of them, and that it messed them up for a long time.

It's such an older brother thing to do, too. 

2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I guessed that Zeke was actually the bully and was ashamed of what he did, but making fun of the kid with a lisp was a real "gasp" moment! I like how nuanced the backstory was, we all know that Zeke is a good kid but you can see how a lonely awkward kid would get pulled into the wrong crowd, plus this all puts a new light on his friendship with Jimmy Jr, who has a noticeable lisp and who he wrestles with all of the time! The layers! 

Zeke knows the difference between bullying and horseplay. That's just good writing.

I like stories where Zeke and JJu are bros, and friends with the Belcher kids. Tammy's the one that brings out the worst in all of them, and I'm thankful she wasn't in this one.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I did not miss the Jimmy Pesto dynamic. It feels stale.

Also both of the ball pit specials sounded gross.

I really didn't need the gross-out factor in this episode. I know it was supposed to be tension-cutting but I cannot take the queasiness.

• Like 4

Bob said something about the cheese holding the balls together, which made it sound bad. Plus Mort's reaction.

Jimmy described the pizza "balls" as basically the pizza version of cake pops? I also find cake pops gross from a methodology standpoint, so this seemed just as bad. If they pizza balls were like teeny tiny calzones it wouldn't be gross, but it'd also be too time consuming to be worth doing. The "using up scraps by making them into a ball" thing isn't for me.

I will admit, if the pizza balls were like little pizza bites, kind of maybe hot pockets, that might be good, apart from being on a pizza. I would love like a little calzone bite. Pizza is my favorite food though, so I might be biased...

Neighbor: The Quick and The Bread

Exterminator: Mare of Fleas Town

Burger of The Day: The Corn Identity Burger (comes with relish)

Cocktail: The League of Ex-Brine-iary Gentlemint

It was great to see the Gingerbread House gang again. And there's more rich weirdos this time!

So the winning formula to a good Fischoeder episode: Get him high. And get the other rich weirdos high. I missed this kind of chaos.

Linda's mocktail party plot was okay, but I loved the kid's choice of nice dress. Tina actually gets dressed up, Gene wears Bob's jacket, and Louise just wears a big tie. Cocktail parties do suck, but Linda gave good advice at how to handle them.

• Like 8
12 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Cocktail: The League of Ex-Brine-iary Gentlemint

Or a Ring-A-Ding.

This was a fun ep. I liked both storylines, though I wanted to know what kind of mocktails Linda made.

There was one moment when Linda was telling Tina some advice about cocktail parties which caused Tina to let out a little scream -- Loved it. I mean, poor Tina, and I can relate, but this really tickled me. Also, I thought this was a great idea Linda had. It's really helpful to teach your kids how to behave (and not behave) at parties.

I was also amused, and surprised, by the one guy (Sticky Nicky?) peeing into the bushes with his hands on his hips. He even did a little shaky dance. 

"Food before dudes!"

• Like 7

I love Mr. Fischoeder episodes, especially when we get to hang out with the Gingerbread Gang again. The guys that the Illuminati wish they could be. 

"You can tell us, we're on the waitlist." 

Linda giving the kids tips on how to be a good party guest was actually a good idea and her tips were pretty good, although personally I try to show up closer to twenty minutes late and can get one more cocktail in! I love that Louise's dress up outfit is just a tie over her usual outfit. 

• Like 6

As soon as Mr Fischoeder showed up in the opening, I said 'uh oh.'

Linda should have asked for some rent on top of the condenser. 

I'm glad Bob's cocktail was a hit. I like when the show let's Bob spread his wings outside the restaurant because he always does well. 

They showed a commercial on the tv after the first scene with the storm with the Sofa Queen. We have a local add for mattresses for a local store with three generations. They just opened a new location!

Tina freaking about the cocktail party rules. Bring your own fork and briefcase. 

I lost it when they showed the llama on the boat. Just standing there. 

On 11/13/2023 at 7:43 AM, peeayebee said:

Also, I thought this was a great idea Linda had. It's really helpful to teach your kids how to behave (and not behave) at parties.

I would have totally been into that just to entertain the kids. It's actually good for work events too. I subscribe to 'no dead air', and I can keep the conversation going. I'm quick on my feet too. Linda mentioned the 'how to get out of a boring conversation'. I wished they showed that one. Then Gene got the cops to dance with him. 

11 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I try to show up closer to twenty minutes late and can get one more cocktail in!

I can handle myself, so 4 to 5 is easy for me. I've even made off with a bottle. If you're doing a work event, I can teach you how to do the ol' switch with the drink ticket. 

If I know the person really well, I'll actually show up early to legitimately help. I've even done the dishes and taken garbage out. 

They never said what Bob made for dinner on the island. I'm sure there was burgers, but I wonder what else he did to jazz them up. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Like 3

Neighbor: Boomer Bangs 

Middle-Aged Haircuts

Exterminator: Gnat My Problem

Burger(s) of The Day:  Everything Everywhere All At Quince Burger

I love that everyone is invested in the saga of Little King Trash Mouth. At least Linda, Tina, and Teddy. It was great seeing Mr. Huggins again, and getting down to the music!

"This song makes me want to shake my potty parts!"
"They're all potty parts, honey!"

I really like it when Andy & Ollie get screen time.

And man, I was feeling that existential dread in Bob's plot. Yeah, to be stuck in a job because you know you can't do anything else? Totally not relatable at all.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 4

There's no way that stage would be permitted blocking commercial businesses. 

I would hope Rudy gets the friends and family discount.

I didn't realize you can see the ferris wheel from the alley or the living room. They don't really show just how close the restaurant is to the wharf. 

The kids getting into watching the people made total sense. 

"Wine Lady". Brilliant. Slick move by Linda to rescue the King. 

I can't not hear Sarah Silverman's voice with Ollie, but she cracks me up; screaming about sleeping in the tub. They're all potty parts!

• Like 3

The saga of Little Baby Trash Mouth continues! I love how Teddy and Tina both got all wrapped up in Linda's plan to save him, as well as Mr. Huggins, who I love. He was really getting down with that one leg. 

Nice to see so many of the kids in Gene and Louise's plot. I really want to know what else is on Rudy's dads "song he wants me to like" playlist? 

Poor Bob, abandoned by everyone and then has an existential crisis about making burgers for the rest of his life. At least he got to sell one of his burgers of the day. 

I'm sad that we don't get Halloween or Thanksgiving episodes this year, I guess I'm going to have to watch all of the previous Thanksgiving episodes this week. Oh darn. 

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, peeayebee said:

I thought they said "party parts," but potty parts makes more sense and is way funnier.

Closed captioning had 'potty'. 

In addition to the road manager, it looked like there were some new faces in restaurant. I saw a young guy at the counter closer to the bathroom, and two people in the corner booth. 

If they closed the street off for the concert, I don't get why the stage wouldn't be straddling the street and facing the wharf so all the sidewalks and businesses were clear. Bob's was half obscured and Jimmy's was open.

It's been a minute since we've had a LKTM plot. And check out Teddy knowing more than Linda about animal control. 

I hadn't noticed that we didn't get a Halloween or Thanksgiving episode until you guys mentioned it. Now I feel short changed.

I get what they were going for with the Bob existential dread, but my knee jerk reaction is "but you don't do the same thing every day! you make a burger of the day every day! the one-hit-wonder business is more akin to having to make the same one burger every day and nothing else".

It still makes no sense to me they do all these episodes about stuff happening in front of the restaurant and the implication that is bad for business rather than good. As long as people could get in the door, they'd be packed.

• Like 2

I think the only problem was that with the stage obscuring the store front; concert goers just may not have seen it. It would have been nice if the stage allowed ads for local places, like Bob's or the wine store. There were some new faces in the restaurant, and we didn't see after the concert. People milling about looking for a bite may have seen the restaurant. And Bob's serves beer too! A burger of the day and a big cold beer after the concert sounds fantastic! Then you can walk down to the wharf. 

I also think Teddy may know more about animal control through work. He's maybe worked on jobs where he may have need to call them to clear out a basement, for example. 

I don't know what it is about this show, but I spend way more time thinking about the life outside of the episodes. I don't think about, say, if Meg went bowling or something. 

Neighbor: Boyz II Mend

Male Tailors

Exterminator: Spray It Ain't So

Burger of The Day: The Electric Light Okra-Slaw Burger. I saw two in the flashbacks, but didn't catch them.

Big Bob episode! Great to see the Scramble Pan again. (From Dawn of The Deck!) But it was also a fun "kids get into shenanigans" plot. Clamstrodamus reminded me of when I went to Sesame Place as a kid and was able to handle your own Muppet. And each kid's turn was totally them: Louise trolls, Gene asks for food, Tina hits on boys.

"Eh, it's hard to look normal for this long." Too relatable, Teddy. He's a gentle soul, but yeah, he does come off as kinda creepy and weird out of context. 

"The food here takes the murder out of people's eyes!" I'd hang Teddy's review on the wall.

• Like 6

I liked that Tina was fiddling with her jacket at the beginning in the window. And Bob cleaning the grill. 

You *have* to go in and be the clam. Come on. 

I would have knocked on the window if I was the kids. But then, there's no one around with the key. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Burger of The Day: The Electric Light Okra-Slaw Burger. I saw two in the flashbacks, but didn't catch them.

The Good Thyme Burger.

Screenshot2023-11-27at10_01_34PM.thumb.png.317b5e649c5a4239f10f5003966d510d.png

And the Peary...Mason Burger? Peary Manilow (looks like Bob made it)? Peary Gibb (with a side of tragedy)?

Screenshot2023-11-27at10_02_06PM.thumb.png.fcd4783dac65980287c8d7639aaa4357.png

Edited by Corgi-ears
  • Like 5
10 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I liked that Tina was fiddling with her jacket at the beginning in the window. And Bob cleaning the grill. 

I was mesmerized watching Bob clean the grill. However, I thought he was straining too much. I've cleaned burger grills. It's not that hard. Still, I enjoyed the animation.

I also loved when Bob jumped in fear after a fish splashed in the ocean. 

The whole Clamstradamus thing was great. It was clam-voyant! 

The ferris wheel carny was funny. "Wipe. Wipe. Wipe."

• Like 3

Teddy is certainly a gentle soul, but he does sort of have resting scary face, which is especially unfortunate given how awkward he is, the poor guy. He cant even be a telemarketer, his voice is even creepier! 

Its been awhile since we saw Big Bob! Its nice that he and Bob got to have a nice talk, even if it had to be via talking clam. I also love that Bob could tell right away that the voice was his kid when he heard them all rambling on about having to marry each other. 

• Like 7