Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, peeayebee said:

Is this the most Burgers of the Day in one episode?

I was sure that the ghost was voiced by Kevin Kline doing an English accent, but I was wrong. (It was Adam Godley.)

Cracked me up when Linda said she thought Hamlet was about Romeo & Juliet.

I hope Bob's knives are ok. I visualized them having nicks on the blades.

Professional cooks are serious about their knives.  My mom is a professional cook and she took her knife sharpener with us on vacation because she was worried that the knives at the guest house would not be up to her standards (they weren’t).

• Love 1

I am very invested in the success of the restaurant. I didn't realize how close it was to the wharf until the movie. It should be busier than it is. They do have beer too. 

Everytime something happens where they get to a larger audience; the booth at the wharf for xmas, the tv show; people all love the food. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Neighbor: Dancing With My Shelf Speaker Stands

Exterminator: Smash Moth

Burger of The Day: The You Burrata Know Burger

Figures that cabin vacation was too cheap and good to be true. No potable water, no power, no tv, the lake is off limits, bugs everywhere, no sink, and the toilet is gross. Passive-aggressive disappointed moms just make me uneasy. It just reminds me of how much of a bad son I've been.

Gene better have a Ben Franklinstein costume in the Halloween episode.

Lol, no one told Teddy that they went on vacation, but turns out they did by leaving a note on the ground for him because they knew he'd freak out. Just after he tossed his key to their apartment through the door. Classic.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Neighbor: Dancing With My Shelf Speaker Stands

Exterminator: Smash Moth

For some reason, those two puns make me LOL.

Gene better have a Ben Franklinstein costume in the Halloween episode.

I loved that! Surely someone somewhere has dressed up as Ben Franklinstein. But you're right: Gene has to wear that costume come Halloween.

Lol, no one told Teddy that they went on vacation, but turns out they did by leaving a note on the ground for him because they knew he'd freak out. Just after he tossed his key to their apartment through the door. Classic.

Hey, they also texted him. I thought the note was really sweet.

There was no doubt that the cabin was going to be a hellhole. 

Loved when Bob explained to Tina that the spray was bug repellent that goes on themselves, and she said, "Can we spray ourselves and roll on the bugs?"

For once Linda can't fall asleep.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Was there always a stationary store across the street?

Yeah, it was featured in "Silence of Louise" when Teddy and the owner of the store Janine come up with the poster that says "Today is Tomorrow's Yesterday."

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Those bugs were making my skin crawl, even the one doing the hammer dance in Linda's dream. "Hurry before they cut the breaks!" 

The note for Teddy was sweet, they left a burger for him! Of course he panics and throws the key inside the restaurant because he didn't look at the text the Belchers sent him, that is very on brand.  

The Belchers are clearly not lake people. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I hate when this show does episodes that make me itch. How is it they've done so several times?

But it also just occurred to me technically the cabin is not habitable. I suppose if they rented it knowing the listing explicitly said no potable water...well...it's on them, but like, a rental has to have potable water. It didn't make sense. I know this show thrives on the Belchers being too awkward to function (and/or too stubborn) but some levels of misery are way too much.

Also Linda's foot went straight into the water to her ankle when she got out of the canoe at the end. Shudder.

• Like 1

I love when Linda is passionate about the family doing things together but her timing was terrible if they wanted something vey cheap.  Going away at the end of summer is pretty expensive getting a cheap weekend or few days away is all about timing.  That cabin was a terrible vacation spot but I have issues with lakes anyway.  Poor Bob and the kids Linda gets ideas and they all have to suffer.

• Like 1

Neighbor: Harrison's Cords charger store

Exterminator: Flea to be You And Me

Burger of The Day: The Kids Are All Rye Burger (seen at the end)

Oh, it's an anthology episode. But I like the conceit is about potential future careers for Louise

Wedgie-assassin: I love how they incorporated Dr. Yap, and Millie in this And also Ethel being Louise's weapons dealer. Not so much on how much they insisted on Rudy being a platonic friend and roommate. But it was such a perfectly Gene story, about everyone getting wedgies.

Treasure Hunter Teacher: Tina's theory is that Louise becomes Indiana Jones. I love how she wore the hat over her bunny ears. Also loved that their version of the Ark of the Covenant was an unreleased Boyz4Now song. I do know how it ended with the gang blowing up Jimmy Jr. (and Zeke...)

Biochemist: Bob gets a story! And it's painfully realistic. She goes to work, it's kinda boring, she goes home and watches tv and repeats every day. Also cows go extinct. Even the kids knew it was a reference to Children of Men and she ends up saving the cows. And the kids all start their own Burger restaurant together. I liked the callback to Moolissa and getting a cow to go down stairs.

But I totally relate to Louise's fear of the future. I think we all do. I'm 35 and I still have future anxiety.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 7

Freddie NoGoodio! He deserved the wedgie. Was Louise's hair supposed to be John Wick?

Rudy and Louise are totally going to be platonic roommates at some point, but Rudy is the one that's going to be throwing the parties. You all know they're going to be calling it 'the party at Rudy's'. 

In the Indiana Jones segment, the menu was small regular sized, regular regular sized, and large regular sized! And Louise had a picture of Tina on a horse on her computer. 

Children of Men is a deep cut for a Sunday night cartoon. 

All the boys. Half the price!

I did like Bob saying, "you're never going to be not boring" very earnestly. Bob's parenting is highly underrated. 

I still think Louise will take over the restaurant. 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

In the Indiana Jones segment, the menu was small regular sized, regular regular sized, and large regular sized!

Yeah, that was a nice touch.

I did like Bob saying, "you're never going to be not boring" very earnestly. Bob's parenting is highly underrated.

So true. Both he and Linda are absolutely devoted to and supportive of their kids.

Loved Jocelyn in two of the stories saying basically the same thing: "A bunch of people are going to go to the chicken fingers place and get shrimp." and "We're going to the taco place for pizzas."

I also loved the name Louisiana Jones Belcher and the doctor calling Louise "Mrs Regular Sized."

Wedgy-sassin.

Gene as an English butler saying, "I found a hatchy. I'm sorry. You Americans say door," and then about the bean dip saying the English call it mooshy brown.

I enjoyed the whole ep and appreciated the little life lesson.

• Love 5

I usually love the anthology episodes, and this one ended on a really nice note. Bob really shines in those quiet parenting moments, Louise just needed to hear that her future would work out eventually because she's an awesome person. 

Tina made Jimmy Junior the villain because he didn't share him gum! Then felt bad about blowing him up in her story. Quite the rollercoaster. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I'd like to see Bob use one of those quiet parenting moments to tell Tina to move on from J Ju. 

I don’t think Tina’s going to give up on Jimmy until he comes out and has a boyfriend.  I love that the entire family is so supportive of each other.  I think Louise will end up doing something interesting with her life.  I definitely think Gene will be a musician, Tina I think will write terrible bodice rippers that will be quite popular and make a good living writing.  

• Like 1
  • Love 9
On 10/9/2022 at 9:30 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

Was Louise's hair supposed to be John Wick?

I think the whole first story was supposed to be a John Wick take off.

Funny episode. So many little jokes squeezed in. I like the Gene Machine. 

21 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I usually love the anthology episodes, and this one ended on a really nice note.

I usually love the anthology episodes, and this one was fine (and had a few gems) but I'm feeling like they go to that well too often so I was sort of...pre-grumpy at this episode as soon as I realized it was one? That may not be fair, but I instantly felt like "again?"

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, theatremouse said:

I usually love the anthology episodes, and this one was fine (and had a few gems) but I'm feeling like they go to that well too often so I was sort of...pre-grumpy at this episode as soon as I realized it was one? That may not be fair, but I instantly felt like "again?"

Same. As soon as I realized it was another anthology episode, I had the same "again?!" feeling as you. But it ended up being a good episode, so I'm not mad about it, but I do feel like the writers rely too heavily on this type of storyline over the last few seasons.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

Same. As soon as I realized it was another anthology episode, I had the same "again?!" feeling as you. But it ended up being a good episode, so I'm not mad about it, but I do feel like the writers rely too heavily on this type of storyline over the last few seasons.

I like the anthology episodes because it gives us a chance to see the characters in other genres and costumes.  Plus the anthology episode gave me one of my favorite dances The Hieney Liney and Grandpa Bob as a sheriff with a giant partner.  

• Love 2
On 10/2/2022 at 10:32 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

Was there always a stationary store across the street?

Yes, the stationery store has always been there. "Yours Truly" is taken from Dog Day Afternoon (the Pacino movie). Bob's Burgers did a "Bob Day Afternoon" episode in S2.

CoBDlzs.png

(I think this Yours Truly might be a bridal shop, though.)

Bobs-Burgers-Bob-Day-Afternoon-Season-2-

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

Neighbor: All The Shingle Ladies

Dermatology

Exterminator: Bed Bugs and Beyond

Burger(s) of The Day: The Take Banh Mi Burger

Teddy is dating Kathleen! And...she's not in the episode. I hope we see more of her.

"Who steps on a nail 75 times, Bob?" I definitely see Teddy blaming all of his bad luck on a comet. And not, you know, aging, the passing of time, and not looking where he's walking. He's incredibly insecure and it's sad to watch. I'm with Linda, you don't want to spend the next thirty years watching Teddy sob, and eat with his mouth open. Bob finally snapping at Teddy was a long time coming.

I honestly loved when the seal showed up. It was cute.

Out of all the family's plots, I liked Gene and Louise using up all the wish paper the most. Of course Ken was missing a hard drive with bitcoin on it.

I was so happy when Mr. Fischoeder showed up. Yes! He's on mushrooms and he's here to save the episode! "The threats worked! Now I'm gonna tickle you, comet! Tickle, tickle, tickle!"

It was great seeing Harold & Edith again. Of course they had the biggest, most expensive telescope of the Star Geezers (ha).

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Corgi-ears said:

I liked how the neighboring business and the exterminator are arguably related -- surely both Beyoncé joints, we have to assume.

How is Bed Bugs and Beyond a Beyoncé joint?

Say "All The Shingle Ladies" out loud and it sounds like you've got bad dentures.

Teddy: Hi Kathleen. It's Teddy? From dating?

I'm glad Tammy apologized. She was being a real sh*t to Tina. But then, what else is new.

I am not a fan of kettle corn, but it was funny when the guy selling regular popcorn told Linda it was better than kettle, and she said, "Woah woah woah woah."

• Love 3

Teddy is the worst. I loved Bob letting Teddy have it but I didn't like that they seemed to walk it back at the end. Teddy really needed to hear that.

Hey Bob's Burgers writers (bc I know you're all here reading this page), less Teddy. More Zeke. More kids episodes. TIA.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Aryanna said:

Teddy is the worst. I loved Bob letting Teddy have it but I didn't like that they seemed to walk it back at the end. Teddy really needed to hear that.

Yeah, I tolerate Teddy (even enjoy) more than most posters here, but I was tired of his foibles in this ep, even if a lot of the stuff was funny, like him saying two dead birds fell on his head. That DOES kinda seem like a sign.

And I agree that having Bob see the seal as a sign, and therefore confirming Teddy's viewpoint, was disappointing.

• Like 2

Just a general comment on the whole series:

I love Bob. He really is a kind person. Maybe a bit on the sad sack side but that's ok.

It's great to have a kind "person" on a television show. I do love the whole family, but Bob is in a class by himself!

• Love 12

Alright, the "Its Teddy! From dating!" was really cute. Teddy can be a lot, but I do feel for him, I'm glad that Bob's seal friend was able to give him some good vibes. Whether or not you believe in signs, there is probably something to things going better for you when your more positive and not just waiting for the next bad thing to happen.

Loved Bob running back to grab a handful of kettle corn before he went off to talk to Teddy.

It was very satisfying to see Tammy apologize to Tina, even if it was to cleanse her soul to get comet wishes. In general it was fun to see some of the supporting cast around, especially Mr. Fischoeder, who really stole the episode. 

"Now I'm going to tickle you!" 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 1
  • Love 6
On 10/19/2022 at 7:02 AM, bad things are bad said:

Am reminded of a line from Mom: crazy in the head,  crazy in bed. Bob and Linda have a pretty wonderful marriage, including their obvious attraction to each other 

I love that after three kids and many years of marriage they still are attracted to each other, have fun together and enjoy having sex with each other.  It’s refreshing to see a healthy marriage on screen where the couple supports each other and their kids as much as the Belchers do.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Reaching deep for a Miami Sound Machine joke! We played Conga in jazz band and totally *killed*. Berklee music festival. 

Linda totally is the person who talks on the phone-phone on her shoulder. 

I mean, Tina. J-Ju can't dance. Zeke was there the whole time. Come on. 

• Love 3

Jimmy Junior really does look like he's made of noodles when he dances, but he does certainly have enthusiasm. But come on Tina, Zeke is right there! One of the few people that can truly match Tina's bonkers energy! 

Poor Bob, at least he finally got to catch a ball, even if he had to almost drown to get one. 

Some deep cuts with those Miami Sound Machine jokes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Neighbor: Glitch, Please

Computer Repair

Exterminator: I’m Only Fumin’

Burger of The Day: Caul-Low Your Bliss Burger, Silence of The Yams Burger, Guac-y Horror Picture Show Burger 

Linda: “Pick a pepper!”

Louise: “They used to pick popes this way.”

22 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I mean, Tina. J-Ju can't dance. Zeke was there the whole time. Come on. 

Jimmy Jr. CAN dance! In his own pile of noodles way, but he can dance! That dance instructor was just an ass. If he calls everyone in his class “you,” he’s not someone to take seriously.

7 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

s fandom in general just over Tina & J-Ju? Around here, I don't think there's many shippers

Everyone here (myself included) is definitely on the Tina and Zeke train. He’s gonna getcha!

it was cool seeing Flips Whitefudge and Zeke’s cousin Leslie again. And when was the last time we saw the baseball stadium? The Torpedo episode?

Hell, it was good to see Mort! I love that he has a pre-funeral playlist.

8 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Poor Bob, at least he finally got to catch a ball, even if he had to almost drown to get one. 

What was up with that guy on the jet ski? Bob deserved those balls. He actually closed the restaurant to get them, too! 

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 8