Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E19: American Dreamer

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

As Kara doggedly works as a reporter to clear Supergirl’s name, Dreamer picks up the slack as National City’s protector, which leads to a showdown with Ben Lockwood. James takes drastic measures to relieve his PTSD.

Overall I liked it, but I’m really gonna need Kara to come clean with Lena by the end of the season. She’s been kept in the dark long enough. 

I did like Lena and Brainy sharing a scene again. Now that her science bro Winn is gone it’d be nice for her to make another friend. 

• Love 8

I'm really annoyed with James getting powers that mimic Supergirl's.  Supergirl should be the only regular character with those powers. I hope It doesn't last. 

I'm really gonna need Kara to come clean with Lena by the end of the season. She's been kept in the dark long enough. 

It's long past time for Lena to know. I got tired of that last season. She should be able to figure it out on her own. Alex needs her memory back too. This mind wipe hasn't done anything but reduce her scenes with Kara. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 1

I don't see why Kara can't use her powers openly without donning the Supergirl persona.  Just get a long black coat and call yourself The Blur while zipping around at super-speed. Or how about a green leather hoodie?

And is this the first time we've heard someone say "shit" on this show?  I know Kara said it when she knocked the files off the table because I had the captions on.  Tsk tsk!

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Oreo2234 said:

I'm really annoyed with James getting powers that mimic Supergirl's.  Supergirl should be the only regular character with those powers. I hope It doesn't last. 

It's long past time for Lena to know. I got tired of that last season. She should be able to figure it out on her own. Alex needs her memory back too. This mind wipe hasn't done anything but reduce her scenes with Kara. 

Oh please the show is called Supergirl and Kara/Supergirl is clearly the main character. Every time James has something going on people find a reason to complain about it. We are talking about a character in James that has been underused as it is and blatantly so after season 1, i'm just glad he has some new developments. And I hope he gets back with Lena eventually.

• Love 1

That action sequence in CatCo with Dreamer, Kara, Brainy, Franklin (he saved Kara, he deserves a mention), and James vs Lockwood and his soldiers was incredible.  And looks like we'll be getting James vs Lockwood.

James, your bullies weren't bullies, they were freaking psychopaths.  They're kids that Kreese would want in Cobra Kai, he'd be proud of them.  That's a level of villainy that's hard to achieve, they locked him in a casket on the day of his dad's funeral.

• Love 7

Oh please the show is called Supergirl and Kara/Supergirl is clearly the main character. 

I think the show is often overcrowded and there have been stretches of the series when Kara has felt in danger of being overshadowed at times because the writers struggle to find the right balance.  

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Oreo2234 said:

I happen to think the show is often overcrowded and there have been stretches of the series when Kara has felt in danger of being overshadowed at times because the writers struggle to find the right balance.  

Fair enough maybe they need to trim some more of the cast. I could live without Brainy or Nia if i'm being honest. But James has been on since the beginning and at different points in the series has been clearly marginalized, so i'm excited for whatever they are giving him to do.

• Love 3

I was teased mercifully through most of my time in school. I consider the three years in junior high to be the worst in my life. And yet, I don't think any of my tormentors fell under "Figuratively shit on me after a loved one died, then locked me in a coffin." Holy fucking shit, I mean, the little shits didn't bury James, but that was messed up on so many levels. I'm guessing once you're life is endangered because you're best friends with a god-in-all-but-name-only, that would get buried even deeper.

I saw Avengers: Endgame tonight. It was so epic. First thing I see in this episode? Nia attacking bad guys with what looked like a glowing old-timey phone cord. I know, apples/oranges . . . but did it HAVE to look like an old-timey phone cord?!?

Also fun to see Lockwood lose dimension after dimension, basically becoming a complete joke, character-wise. No time to scream "I AM THE LAW!!!!" when his army raided CatCo? Also ham-fisted was his dumbass son starting to realize that maybe . . . MAYBE . . . aliens aren't all bad, now that he discovers he was friends with one. Really subtle . . . kid had the sideways eyelids that alien Will Smith bagged at the start of Men in Black. Of course, the one alien who DIDN'T see Nia's stirring interview just had to break in and murder Mrs. Lockwood. Supergirl is basically about lack of subtlety this season. I'm thinking the kid gets killed by season's end. Then again, I though Sam (or whatever Reign's host was called) would be dead by the end of last season.

I think the phrase "Kara-Fu" should be used when we see her perform Supergirl moves without the costume. Yes, it comes off as dopey, but it also shows her being creative with her powers while managing to look human.

"I'm proud of you, J'onn. Go back home. They need you." "Thank you, father." "No, they REALLY need you. You picked the absolute worst time to get your ass to Mars." "I shall- . . .  wait, 'ass'?!?" "I saw a move about a man with total recall. So funny!"

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Why would anybody be moved when someone is baring their soul, while wearing a mask and using a fake name.

Wow, Jimmy crumpled up Mr. Lockwood pretty good.

I guess Mrs. Lockwood got the do unto others treatment. Mr. Lockwood took her husband in the first scene and she took his wife in the last scene.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, cdnalor said:

And is this the first time we've heard someone say "shit" on this show?  I know Kara said it when she knocked the files off the table because I had the captions on.  Tsk tsk!

Considering that it's on broadcast TV and the FCC still frowns on that word, I'm sure it's the first time. I didn't check the captions because I was sure they'd say "shoot!"

Would Ben Lockwood -- the Director of Alien Affairs for the entire country -- really be leading door-to-door raids looking for aliens in National City ?

Meanwhile, back on the planet Mars, J'onn conjures what looks like a set of Martian bongos out of the Desert of T'ozz (which is only really helpful if we knew the names of the other deserts of Mars) only to upload everything from the sceptre to resurrect his dad's image.  And then leaves.  I guess no White Martians live in the Desert of T'ozz.

I'm not liking James having Kryptonian-like powers either.

Still no sign of Kasnian Supergirl for 2 episodes since the attack on the White House.

1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

I saw Avengers: Endgame tonight. It was so epic. First thing I see in this episode? Nia attacking bad guys with a glowing old-timey phone cord. I know, apples/oranges . . . but did it HAVE to look like an old-timey phone cord?!?

Dreamer's dream-powered laser phone cords are kind of lame.

5 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

Considering that it's on broadcast TV and the FCC still frowns on that word, I'm sure it's the first time. I didn't check the captions because I was sure they'd say "shoot!"

I also thought Kara said 'shoot'.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I also thought Kara said 'shoot'.

I heard 'shoot' as well. If the captions didn't write it that way, I'd mark it down to a bad transcriber (I'm fairly certain those jobs are still done by people, and not software, so entirely possible that they either did it accidentally or maybe even deliberately.)

Am I missing eps between the ones aired on Sundays, or does a lot of big things happen within the first five to ten minutes of the show?

• Why does a superheroine with precognitive powers have phone cord "energy whips" and electrical stun blasts as a power?
  • As soon as Jimmy said he missed the funeral b/c he got locked in a bathroom for several hours, I rolled my eyes and prepared for a "suppressed memory" to reveal itself.
  • Brainiac still annoys me.
  • Martial law, enforced by the Sons of Liberty, who are performing random raids? Wait, whut? How does that even work?
  • Meanwhile, on his Martian walkabout, Jonn conjures a spectre of his father's head, who imparts great wisdom: "Go back to Earth".
9 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Why would anybody be moved when someone is baring their soul, while wearing a mask and using a fake name.

And what does being a trans-woman have to do with moving the minds of the people who hate space aliens? Thanks for sharing that, but so what? Actually, I wondered if that interview would backfire, given that "grays abduct people and experiment on them to make human-alien hybrids" is a conspiracy theory engrained in our culture.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Still no sign of Kasnian Supergirl for 2 episodes since the attack on the White House. 

She's obviously hanging out with Lex in an undisclosed location. 

Maybe I'm not remembering but doesn't Alex still have a job?  For the director the DEO she seems to have a lot of time to hang out at with James and forge a deeper connection with Kelly.

That locked in the bathroom story was so stupid it had to be fake.  I cannot believe no one else in his life called him on that.

• Love 1

Speaking of Lena, Katie McGrath did a nice job in her scene revealing her collaboration with Lex. Our household remarked, “She’s crying like a real person!”

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, tkc said:

Speaking of Lena, Katie McGrath did a nice job in her scene revealing her collaboration with Lex. Our household remarked, “She’s crying like a real person!”

So is it OK for strong powerful women to have strong emotions and to cry? You never see men crying, unless it's Jimmy Olsen and he has "laser tears".

I thought I was the only one old enough to realized that Dreamer was using electrical telephone cords. I was waiting for her to use her new catchphase, "You have been disconnected!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think the show is often overcrowded and there have been stretches of the series when Kara has felt in danger of being overshadowed at times because the writers struggle to find the right balance.  

Agreed. Whenever Supergirl or now Dreamer talks about their full time crime-fighting jobs it makes me wonder what kind of crappy police force National City must have. Why does this city need a full-time superhero? 

Also, James has been jonesing to be a superhero since Season 1 and now he's got super powers? I always thought the wanna-be stuff he was doing was lame and this feels like a desperate attempt to keep him relevant. 

• Love 3

And what does being a trans-woman have to do with moving the minds of the people who hate space aliens? Thanks for sharing that, but so what?

TY, Ubiquitous.  This was one of the more awkward points that stood out to me in the episode overall.  The fact that Dreamer identified herself as a "trans-woman" not once but twice in the confines of the same brief television interview seemed to be social justice overkill from the producers to the viewers, to be sure.  Beyond the unnecessary repetition, the factoid appears to be irrelevant to the purpose of the interview and sounded like a non-sequitur both times it was stated.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

I would love if Lena got filled in and Alex got her memory back and those three team up in the next season!

17 hours ago, mommalib said:

We are talking about a character in James that has been underused as it is and blatantly so after season 1

I don't know why they put James in charge of CatCo if they weren't going to utilize him more there - I thought the same thing about Lena. I know they've been struggling for what to do with him, but I don't think giving him superpowers is the best solution.

14 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

This show has really struggled with pacing and consistency this season. It's like they had too many ideas, and different writers just picked which ones they felt like writing. After the whiteboard at the end it seems like they're finally making some connections to all the pieces this season but it there really should have been a common thread throughout the episodes - it's wild to me that there's an evil double of the title character out there and it's gotten less screen time than Ruby did.

• Love 3

Thankfully there's more positives than negatives to SG these days.  Is it just me, or are the best episodes ones where Kara isn't in costume? The writers are making Kara more intelligent and mature these days...it's a good look on her.

So...Eve appears to have powers next week, which means Lex and maybe Otis does as well. Should make things interesting. As for Jimmy, so far it seems like he has super strength, optic blasts and telescopic vision. Like another poster said, kind of redundant with Kara and J'onn around.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 4

-I don't think Nia understand the concept of a secret identity, if she gives every little details about her life on TV it's not a secret identity anymore

-James better not keep these powers for long

-Alex is stuck with her new love interest and doesn't interact with Kara anymore

-the relation between Kara and Lena consists of Kara passing 90% of her time apologizing for things she's not responsible or reassuring Lena that she's a good person, this is not a good look for Kara

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:

As for Jimmy, so far it seems like he has super strength, optic blasts and telescopic vision. Like another poster said, kind of redundant with Kara and J'onn around.

He was also floating/flying and had super hearing.

• Love 1

I see this was one of the episodes where they suddenly wanted to remind everyone about the importance of journalism and freedom of the press!  I did like how it all led to an interview with "Dreamer" and getting to know more about Nia, which was pretty cool (although while I have nothing against her geek preferences, she certainly went the obvious routes with backing House Stark and Gryffindor.  Of course, they'll probably never have her answer the true question: Team Iron Man or Team Captain America?!)  Nicole Maines continues to be a good addition to the show.

Yeah, the term "bullies" was the understatement of the century considering those kids that tormented James when he was a kid.  They have to have grown up to be psychopaths by now.  Hey, maybe they're working for Lex and James can get his revenge!

Lena comes clean to Kara about her involvement and Kara at least forgives her.  But I'm still reminded how daft Lena looks by not figuring out Kara is Supergirl.

I didn't put it together that the woman who might have killed Ben's wife was the wife of the alien that Ben was taking in his first scene.  I guess this was just make him even worse now.  As much as I like Sam Witwer, I'm just kind of bored with Ben, and any time he shows up, I'm just wondering when Lex will come back.  I know Jon Cryer probably isn't cheap, but he is a way better villain.

Dave Harewood seemed to do a good job directing wise, I thought.

• Love 5

I'm not mad about Jimmy, so I can't say I enjoy it when he gets more screen time. He just seems kind of pointless to me.

There is something off with his sister too. When she was first introduced, I thought for sure it would turn out that she wasn't Jimmy's sister, but an imposter.

I've liked how we have had more Lena the last few episodes.

Melissa Benoist is a stunning woman, but I think she looks even more ravishing when her hair is in a bun. 

37 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

I didn't put it together that the woman who might have killed Ben's wife was the wife of the alien that Ben was taking in his first scene.  I guess this was just make him even worse now. 

I wonder if Ben's wife is dead, it would make more sense if the lady put Ben's wife into a coma that only she can reverse, especially if she wants to get her husband back. Ben's wife's wound appeared to be in her shoulder, on the side away from her heart.

3 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

As for Jimmy, so far it seems like he has super strength, optic blasts and telescopic vision. Like another poster said, kind of redundant with Kara and J'onn around.

2 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

He was also floating/flying and had super hearing.

This show has been desperate to have a strong male hero, not content with Jonn or now Brainy. They tried that with Mon El and it backfired on them so now they are using James who they are hoping people like more. I don’t because it takes away from what Supergirl started out as, a strong, independent young woman with super powers. Not to mention an alien and refugee. 

If Red Kara ends up turning to the good side as is suspected, that will be three heroes  with the same power set. Two have to go and it isn’t going to be Kara. I’m hoping James gets de powered  because it’s only going to be another rehashed season 2 explore my powers crap. James has been jealous and envious of both supers for years now, it’s not a good look for him.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, rtms77 said:

This show has been desperate to have a strong male hero, not content with Jonn or now Brainy. They tried that with Mon El and it backfired on them so now they are using James who they are hoping people like more. I don’t because it takes away from what Supergirl started out as, a strong, independent young woman with super powers. Not to mention an alien and refugee. 

If Red Kara ends up turning to the good side as is suspected, that will be three heroes  with the same power set. Two have to go and it isn’t going to be Kara. I’m hoping James gets de powered  because it’s only going to be another rehashed season 2 explore my powers crap. James has been jealous and envious of both supers for years now, it’s not a good look for him.

Based on comments i'm reading it seems to me that the people who have a problem with James are on a feminist wave. They don't want a strong male lead with power and it's 100 times worst if it's a black man. I guess the writers might as well just write him out because apparently he can't be Gaurdian because people have a problem with it, he ca't have a love interest because people have a problem with it, and now he can't have powers because people have a problem with it.

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, sd dude said:

TY, Ubiquitous.  This was one of the more awkward points that stood out to me in the episode overall.  The fact that Dreamer identified herself as a "trans-woman" not once but twice in the confines of the same brief television interview seemed to be social justice overkill from the producers to the viewers, to be sure.  Beyond the unnecessary repetition, the factoid appears to be irrelevant to the purpose of the interview and sounded like a non-sequitur both times it was stated.

It was one of many "humanizing" details she shared; but it was an especially relevant detail, because of the obvious parallels between anti-trans and anti-alien prejudice (and the fear they create). 

Was it blatant, even for this show? Yes.  But I have no problem with the subtext becoming text in this instance, since *within the world of the show* the characters were explicitly making the comparison as part of an in-show political message.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, mommalib said:

Based on comments i'm reading it seems to me that the people who have a problem with James are on a feminist wave. They don't want a strong male lead with power and it's 100 times worst if it's a black man. I guess the writers might as well just write him out because apparently he can't be Gaurdian because people have a problem with it, he ca't have a love interest because people have a problem with it, and now he can't have powers because people have a problem with it.

Seems to me that people who dislike James as Lena's love interest (or as a superhero) disliked Mon-El as Kara's love interest (or as a superhero) even more.

Also seems like people who want a "strong male lead with power" should probably check out the many other shows (some on the same network) that cater to that desire.

For myself, I wish they hadn't chickened out on James + Kara after Season 1. And I like the idea of him getting (temporary) super-powers; I just want them to be something more interesting than "generic Kryptonian", especially when there's decades of Jimmy Olsen comic book plots to mine for inspiration.

Edited by ACW
  • Love 5

This was an interesting episode. I hope that with James, they get creative with his powers - maybe have them fade away (maybe the dosage wasn't right, or maybe it exhausts its healing capabilities) - and for fun, they could have a tiny bit lay dormant in his system and he'll randomly get superpowers (different kinds, of course, because that would allow whatever the plot needs) as the plot requires.

I am also wondering why Dreamer uses phone cords to attack people. I mean I guess they didn't just want a generic whip or lash or chain, but a phone cord?

• Love 2
14 hours ago, ACW said:

Seems to me that people who dislike James as Lena's love interest (or as a superhero) disliked Mon-El as Kara's love interest (or as a superhero) even more.

Also seems like people who want a "strong male lead with power" should probably check out the many other shows (some on the same network) that cater to that desire.

For myself, I wish they hadn't chickened out on James + Kara after Season 1. And I like the idea of him getting (temporary) super-powers; I just want them to be something more interesting than "generic Kryptonian", especially when there's decades of Jimmy Olsen comic book plots to mine for inspiration.

James gets hatred directed at him that makes absolutely no sense to how the character is portrayed. It gets to the point of being delusional. Mon-EL was brought in to be Kara's generic CW love interest and in many episodes it seemed they prioritized him over Supergirl, so I can see why some fans didn't care that. But he still didn't get the kind of vitriol that James gets. James doesn't get prioritized over anybody in fact after they inexplicably broke him and Kara up he got tossed to the side. Since then he's had moments here and there but for the most part has been criminally underused.So yes i'm excited for him to be doing something or anything. I see nothing for people to complain about as I see nothing wrong with having a powerful male lead on a show clearly led by a powerful female.

• Love 2

James gets hatred directed at him that makes absolutely no sense to how the character is portrayed. 

I can only speak for myself but I don't hate James, I just don't care about him, at all. I thought the whole "Guardian" storyline was stupid and pointless because it made James look like a desperate super-hero wanna-be. I mean, the show has a glut of real aliens with actual super powers running around, what's the point of some ordinary human running around in a costume playing super-hero? 

Now they seem to be doubling down on that by giving him actual super powers. Does every character on this show need to have super powers? The writers really have no idea what to do with regular human characters if they aren't villains. It just reeks of desperation.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

I see this was one of the episodes where they suddenly wanted to remind everyone about the importance of journalism and freedom of the press!  I did like how it all led to an interview with "Dreamer" and getting to know more about Nia, which was pretty cool (although while I have nothing against her geek preferences, she certainly went the obvious routes with backing House Stark and Gryffindor.  Of course, they'll probably never have her answer the true question: Team Iron Man or Team Captain America?!)  Nicole Maines continues to be a good addition to the show.

She'll never answer Tony v Steve, but she could at least theoretically answer Team Superman or Team Batman.

15 hours ago, ACW said:

It was one of many "humanizing" details she shared; but it was an especially relevant detail, because of the obvious parallels between anti-trans and anti-alien prejudice (and the fear they create). 

Was it blatant, even for this show? Yes.  But I have no problem with the subtext becoming text in this instance, since *within the world of the show* the characters were explicitly making the comparison as part of an in-show political message.

I don't think it was nearly as blatant, or at least not as pedantic, as the first season "puny woman!  I will defeat you and then you will make me a sandwich!" villains Kara dealt with. But then, maybe I'm more forgiving because not many kids from Maine get to play in these sandboxes.

• Love 1

I think with James, they just need to have a few episodes where Kara loses her powers and she has to actually be a reporter for a little while - then James can teach her how to write more than 2 articles a year.

That might help flesh out James as a human being.

• Love 2
(edited)

Why does a superheroine with precognitive powers have phone cord "energy whips" and electrical stun blasts as a power?

Cause Brainy made that she can syphone her energy from the dream world, so, I guess, she can conjure anything from the dream world.

Considering that it's on broadcast TV and the FCC still frowns on that word

Oh, so that's why Eminem in "Without Me", in 2002 I think, song mentioned FCC lol.

Is it just me, or are the best episodes ones where Kara isn't in costume? The writers are making Kara more intelligent and mature these days...it's a good look on her. 

Oh, no, not just you. Actually, for me, the best episodes in entire series is when Kara and Alex are reminiscing about the past. Its very much Smallville-esque.

Edited by Rushmoras

Damn, those bullies in James's flashback were way beyond bullying, and more future serial killers! Did they just wander in from a Steven King story with their endless parades of sadistic animal killers bullies? Someone check those kids rooms for the bodies of dead animals! 

So Ben's son is finally getting that just maybe his dad and his cronies, who are basically goosestepping around the city while cackling evilly at this point, just might be the bad guys? Gee, why wouldn't his alien pal want to hang around with him? I hope he keeps on with turning against his increasingly awful dad, and his mom being possibly killed wont change it. 

I actually like Kara better when she is in reporter mode, she actually comes off as rather mature and competent. The interview was probably a good idea, this is quickly turning into a battle of public relations, and the president seems like the kind of smug dick who will ditch Ben and his cronies the second their poll numbers start to go down. 

Nia was cute in her interview (although Gryffrendor and House Stark? Girl you basic) and her superheroing. The actress is really likable, and while the cast is so huge at this point its at the verge of feeling bloated, I do enjoy her a lot. 

Lena and Brainy have a nice scene together! So happy that Lena gets to spend time with a new science bro!

• Love 6

Nia is a terrible secret keeper. How many half-human, half-whatever planet her mother comes from people could there be, even before you throw in the transgender part? All I could imagine was everyone from her high school being like - "hey, I know her!" Although as a fellow INFP, I enjoyed that detail.

I'm really enjoying James dealing with PTSD from years of being a superhero sidekick. I feel like it's a realistic portrayal and makes sense with him leaving Metropolis and starting over. I do not like that all his powers are the ones his Kryptonian friends have, but if it turns out there's a psychological component to the powers that manifest, I'm fine with it.

• Love 4
On 4/30/2019 at 3:02 PM, iMonrey said:

I can only speak for myself but I don't hate James, I just don't care about him, at all. I thought the whole "Guardian" storyline was stupid and pointless because it made James look like a desperate super-hero wanna-be. I mean, the show has a glut of real aliens with actual super powers running around, what's the point of some ordinary human running around in a costume playing super-hero? 

Now they seem to be doubling down on that by giving him actual super powers. Does every character on this show need to have super powers? The writers really have no idea what to do with regular human characters if they aren't villains. It just reeks of desperation.

James is not a wanna be anything, he just wants to help and he had the guts to get out there and help even though he's only human.

4 hours ago, mommalib said:

James is not a wanna be anything, he just wants to help and he had the guts to get out there and help even though he's only human. 

You mistake guts for plot convenience. In Season One there was no indication that he can even fight, and bam, in later seasons - a masked vigilante with a black belt all of a sudden.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Rushmoras said:

In Season One there was no indication that he can even fight, and bam, in later seasons - a masked vigilante with a black belt all of a sudden.

I am sure Jimmy thought "If a girl can be a superhero, how hard can it be".

(edited)

Breaking News? I'm sure Catco received hate letters/complaints from people for interrupting their favorite show for a Dreamer interview.

See ya Lydia!

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 1
16 hours ago, Rushmoras said:

You mistake guts for plot convenience. In Season One there was no indication that he can even fight, and bam, in later seasons - a masked vigilante with a black belt all of a sudden.

And? They added something to his character.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I am sure Jimmy thought "If a girl can be a superhero, how hard can it be".

Jimmy has never been shown to be a male chauvinist so I doubt that's something he would think. 

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, mommalib said:

And? They added something to his character.

Yeah, added something unrealistic, which was never even addressed before, to make him relevant after being dumped by Kara (that's something what Once Upon a Time would do). They added another "hero" in to the mix (as if there is a shortage of them, why not just rename the series in to Super Friends *barf*), thus, diminishing Supergirl's scenes yet again. I can't wait for Season Nth, where Supergirl will be in the sidelines for ever. *That was sarcasm by the way*

Edited by Rushmoras
On 4/29/2019 at 10:40 PM, ACW said:

I'm still ticked about this. I want James to be part of the story more but I do not want him and Lena back together.

• Love 1