Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Guess it's about time to resurrect the Recap thread.

Yes, please do!  I cannot bear to watch those morons so I count on all of you recappers to provide me with snarky fodder.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

I noticed my DVR is set to record a Season 14 preview episode at 8:15pm tonight on TLC.  Not sure if this is an extended version of the preview clip that has already been circulating? 

According to my DVR, it is a "first look" at the new season and ~15 minutes long.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

What crap! It's like they're trying to replicate the "escape from utah" complete with police sirens dubbed in. Hoo boy.

Are you serious?! LOL. Spill! I need more deets. I don't have cable TV anymore, just very limited Hulu after-the-fact. Thanks!

They appeared to have made a new intro for the show.  No stupid "I believe in living this lifestyle, it just makes each of us better."  No talking at all, just pensive/weird pictures of all of them.

My DVR recorded it, and I had to show Mr. X the sight of Kootie in his underwear/Speedo.  We had a good morning laugh, even though I'd already seen the promo.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Oh lord, I just watched. Kody had me pissed off within the first 30 seconds. That dream house - in just a few years it will be 5 adults rattling around there. And you know the wives would take to the farthest 4 corners to avoid each other. 

im willing to bet that the irritated neighbors are upset about the commotion and camera crews*, and don’t give a damn about the polygamy. I mean, so people having affairs typically get run out of Flagstaff on a rail? I thought Kody had done research that suggested there was some sort of plyg community around there?

*or Kody in his Speedo. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Oh lord, I just watched. Kody had me pissed off within the first 30 seconds. That dream house - in just a few years it will be 5 adults rattling around there. And you know the wives would take to the farthest 4 corners to avoid each other. 

im willing to bet that the irritated neighbors are upset about the commotion and camera crews*, and don’t give a damn about the polygamy. I mean, so people having affairs typically get run out of Flagstaff on a rail? I thought Kody had done research that suggested there was some sort of plyg community around there?

*or Kody in his Speedo. 

Poor, Persecuted, Plygs fits the narrative they want to spin.. I'm sure the cops of Flagstaff have better things to do than scoping out sleeping arrangements in residents homes.

Maybe he was there to say ... "there have been reports of several of you swimming in that polluted pond out there at Coyote Pass and I have been instructed by the Health Department to place this home under quarantine until further notice".

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

I'm also calling BULLSHIT on Kody saying "this is the first time we've ever lived SO far apart from each other. 

Ummmm what about when they first moved to Vegas in those rentals scattered hither and yon? Or before the show when Janelle left and moved (I think) hours away but still saw Kody regularly? Or when Robyn first joined and lived in her own house apart from the plyg house?!?

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Poor, Persecuted, Plygs fits the narrative they want to spin.. I'm sure the cops of Flagstaff have better things to do than scoping out sleeping arrangements in residents homes.

Maybe he was there to say ... "there have been reports of several of you swimming in that polluted pond out there at Coyote Pass and I have been instructed by the Health Department to place this home under quarantine until further notice".

I wish he was there to arrest Kootie for indecent exposure. 😲

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, deirdra said:

According to my DVR, it is a "first look" at the new season and ~15 minutes long.  

Well, it was more like 9 minutes of the Browns and 6 or 7 of commercials....

I had not seen the episode with Kody in his speedo which I wish I could unsee.  I think everyone else jumped in fully clothed.  I would never go into water that murky.  Ugh, just gross.  Do they think this is their private swimming hole or something? 

What's with talk of "their culture"?  They don't live in a poly community.  Maybe they were unwilling to call it "their lifestyle" or their "family structure." 

I feel sorry for everyone's neighbors.  Meri has moved to another cul de sac;  I am sure the neighbors find all the Brown vehicles arriving for the move to be interfering with the traffic on their street.  I would call the police, too.

These people are like the old soviets with their historical revision.   I  really wanted to hurl something at the tv when I listened to Janelle's version of how she ended up in this sham of a marriage.  No mention of being previously married to Meri's brother.   And she's just smiling as she says it. 

Also Janelle is man-spreading again. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

It will be hard for me to switch from the 90day shit show series to this. I bet they just pulled the script from when the fled Utah and moved to Vegas and are just going to recreate it, verbatim - remember when they were peaking out the window because the police or neighbors all were sketchy - seems to happen again

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

It will be hard for me to switch from the 90day shit show series to this. I bet they just pulled the script from when the fled Utah and moved to Vegas and are just going to recreate it, verbatim - remember when they were peaking out the window because the police or neighbors all were sketchy - seems to happen again

I agree... looks like the season will be about persecution by the bigot neighbors, kooties plyg palace and little Miss Evie K! 

oh... and how Robyn has been getting nothing but table scraps and managed to gain 100 lbs.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

Well, it was more like 9 minutes of the Browns and 6 or 7 of commercials....

I had not seen the episode with Kody in his speedo which I wish I could unsee.  I think everyone else jumped in fully clothed.  I would never go into water that murky.  Ugh, just gross.  Do they think this is their private swimming hole or something? 

What's with talk of "their culture"?  They don't live in a poly community.  Maybe they were unwilling to call it "their lifestyle" or their "family structure." 

I feel sorry for everyone's neighbors.  Meri has moved to another cul de sac;  I am sure the neighbors find all the Brown vehicles arriving for the move to be interfering with the traffic on their street.  I would call the police, too.

These people are like the old soviets with their historical revision.   I  really wanted to hurl something at the tv when I listened to Janelle's version of how she ended up in this sham of a marriage.  No mention of being previously married to Meri's brother.   And she's just smiling as she says it. 

Also Janelle is man-spreading again. 

Right? How were Kody and Meri her “polygamist friends” when they were a one-on-marriage?

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Only way I would be guaranteed to watch is if they all left the Koduche.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I've heard rumors that poor ol' Mer was CATFISHED!!!  I want to hear if this is true or not.

That was like 3-4 years ago i think. you can google it.  There's a photo of her with a banana.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Over every hiatus I forget how infuriating Kody can be. Here I am again, wanting to smack him. The scene of him with his “ladies” at the table as he moans about all the mortgages they’re paying as Jenelle explains the LV houses aren’t moving - UGH. “I’m telling you, ladies, we’re gonna be in trouble.” Well, whose bright idea was it to uproot and rush headlong to Flagstaff without knowing what the hell you all were going to do there? Whyyyyy? (And I don’t believe it was because of Dayton. I just think Kody gets wild hairs other places than his ridiculous head.)

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
45 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Over every hiatus I forget how infuriating Kody can be. Here I am again, wanting to smack him. The scene of him with his “ladies” at the table as he moans about all the mortgages they’re paying as Jenelle explains the LV houses aren’t moving - UGH. “I’m telling you, ladies, we’re gonna be in trouble.” Well, whose bright idea was it to uproot and rush headlong to Flagstaff without knowing what the hell you all were going to do there? Whyyyyy? (And I don’t believe it was because of Dayton. I just think Kody gets wild hairs other places than his ridiculous head.)

Kody IS infuriating but I am even more appalled that these women are so indoctrinated that they throw their own common sense out the window and blindly follow where he leads.  Janelle had the most at stake, put up reasoned arguments, then caved.  Meri was perfectly happy in LV but wanting to gain ground with Kody, went along to get along. Christine will blindly follow whatever makes her "wonderful man" happy.  Now Robyn, after the fact, is claiming that they had the ideal set-up in LV... where was her firmly set chin when the proposal was made?

They all deserve each other.

Edited by Sandy W
clarity
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15
18 hours ago, Twopper said:

Meri's neighbors have nothing to worry about.  You KNOW they never go over to Meri's house.  

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Kody IS infuriating but I am even more appalled that these women are so indoctrinated that they throw their own common sense out the window and blindly follow where he leads.  Janelle had the most at stake, put up reasoned arguments, then caved.  Meri was perfectly happy in LV but wanting to gain ground with Kody, went along to get along. Christine will blindly follow whatever makes her "wonderful man" happy.  Now Robyn, after the fact, is claiming that they had the ideal set-up in LV... where was her firmly set chin when the proposal was made?

Kody (off camera to wives): if you don't go to Flagstaff with Robyn and I, that's the end of the show. Vegas is boring now, no one cares about ME.  No show, no money. We'll be forced to work 9 to 5 jobs.  No one will buy your shitty LLR clothes.

Meri, Janelle, and Christine (resigned): okay. We'll just pretend to kick up a fuss, for drama. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5

I love this post, and in particular, the last line.  So very true!

Who does Robyn think she's fooling?  Phony bitch.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, Twopper said:

Oooh.....really?  Tell me more!  NO don't tell me, I want to be surprised!!  Did she really infer that her "marriage" isn't worth the garbage at the botton of the mud-filled sinkhole in her backyard??  OK TELL ME!!

17 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I've heard rumors that poor ol' Mer was CATFISHED!!!  I want to hear if this is true or not.

Wait.........what's this you say??  "Catfished?"  I am not familiar with that term.  I do enjoy a nice grilled salmon from time to time, though.  I surely do hope that Meri explains this all to us!

1 hour ago, smarty2020 said:

Meri's neighbors have nothing to worry about.  You KNOW they never go over to Meri's house.  

Well not anymore they won't, now that she no longer has that magnificent wet bar for all those great family parties she throws --- oh wait --- never mind.

7 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Who does Robyn think she's fooling?  Phony bitch.  

We could start a drinking game - do a shot for every time Robyn cries.  Do two if no actual tears are formed.

I mean, we'd all be sloshed by the first commercial break, but it could be fun.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I agree... looks like the season will be about persecution by the bigot neighbors, kooties plyg palace and little Miss Evie K! 

oh... and how Robyn has been getting nothing but table scraps and managed to gain 100 lbs.

There was a couch moment of the preview that looked to me that Robyn was a little thicker in the middle and her shirt was poofed out.  I am not counting out pregnancy yet.  

• Love 4
On 12/18/2019 at 11:36 AM, Sandy W said:

I'm sure the cops of Flagstaff have better things to do than scoping out sleeping arrangements in residents homes.

The rental may have had an alarm system that connects to the police station, and these yahoos probably had all the doors & windows open.

• Useful 1
16 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

rsz_1kody.jpg

Ooh, such good snark, Joan of Argh! Ooky enough to give one a queasy stomach, but not so much as to force one to swig an entire bottle of Pepto Bismol!  😬  🤑  🙃

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • LOL 7
34 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Have they started to build on Coyote Pass yet?? From their Instagrams, it doesn't look like it. 

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that "For Sale" signs pop up on the property.  I'm sure they are stretched to their limit or beyond making payments on Robyn and Christine's homes, payments and taxes on the raw land, as well as rent for Janelle's and the warehouse facility they have leased. Who knows where Meri is resting her weary head when she is in Flagstaff.

Even if Kody was able to convince the harem of the one house concept, it would take years to get zoning changes and building restrictions lifted.  It would require input and agreement from neighboring homeowners, environmental studies and countless meetings and hearings.

I doubt that they could get 4 individual mortgages to build new homes but am continually amazed that they have found lenders willing to back them as much as they have.

• Love 13

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that "For Sale" signs pop up on the property.  I'm sure they are stretched to their limit or beyond making payments on Robyn and Christine's homes, payments and taxes on the raw land, as well as rent for Janelle's and the warehouse facility they have leased. Who knows where Meri is resting her weary head when she is in Flagstaff.

Even if Kody was able to convince the harem of the one house concept, it would take years to get zoning changes and building restrictions lifted.  It would require input and agreement from neighboring homeowners, environmental studies and countless meetings and hearings.

I doubt that they could get 4 individual mortgages to build new homes but am continually amazed that they have found lenders willing to back them as much as they have.

I find it amusing that  none of this real and true reality has ever been brought up with Kody's dream house.  I live in the country where the quality of the water coming out of my tap is my sole responsibility, as well as full costs come from my wallet. As soon as I saw the scene with the blueprints and Kody ooing and awing over them the ONLY thing I could think of was water.  5 separate kitchens, 4 separate laundry areas, how ever many bathrooms/showers and garden tubs to give birth in.  It's overwhelming how many gallons per hour (let alone per day) would be needed to have a functioning "single family" house.

Although I did have a hearty laugh when I watched the scene where they were being told their offer to buy the land was accepted, but they would have to pull their own utilities.  It was obvious that Kody did not have one clue what that meant.  Or the fact that utilities will need to be in place before a building loan/mortgage can be approved. The real world operates with local laws and ordinances, building codes and restrictions for good reasons. It proves the whole one big house storyline is a sham through and through or he is really the dumb ass that he is.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19

What size septic field would they need for the Plyg Palace and would it be approved?

They will also need a backup generator so Kody can blowdry his hair during power outages.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I find it amusing that  none of this real and true reality has ever been brought up with Kody's dream house.  I live in the country where the quality of the water coming out of my tap is my sole responsibility, as well as full costs come from my wallet. As soon as I saw the scene with the blueprints and Kody ooing and awing over them the ONLY thing I could think of was water.  5 separate kitchens, 4 separate laundry areas, how ever many bathrooms/showers and garden tubs to give birth in.  It's overwhelming how many gallons per hour (let alone per day) would be needed to have a functioning "single family" house.

Although I did have a hearty laugh when I watched the scene where they were being told their offer to buy the land was accepted, but they would have to pull their own utilities.  It was obvious that Kody did not have one clue what that meant.  Or the fact that utilities will need to be in place before a building loan/mortgage can be approved. The real world operates with local laws and ordinances, building codes and restrictions for good reasons. It proves the whole one big house storyline is a sham through and through or he is really the dumb ass that he is.

Ohhhh dontcha know that Kody is going to do a Pa Ingalls and just dig a well outside the front door...

• LOL 9
14 minutes ago, deirdra said:

What size septic field would they need for the Plyg Palace and would it be approved?

They will also need a backup generator so Kody can blowdry his hair during power outages.

I am in Pennslyvania and I only know local laws (and laws from 15 years ago when I researched it)

A perk test must be done to see if water sits on the soil or is absorbed.  It is very rare that anyone these days passes and so the systems that are done now are septic tanks and sand mounds.  The house I'm in has the older tank and leach field.  Tank gets pumped every 2 years when the kids lived here and now about every 4.  However...the tank is dictated by how many bedrooms the home has.  My husband's cousin recently (in the last 10 years I think) put in his own system.  Three bedroom house, but only occupants are he and his wife.  He had to have two tanks put in for approval, since it goes on home size, not actual family size.

I highly doubt that 10+ tanks would be put in for something like that monstrosity in the design, but a different system that is like a miniature waste facility. When I researched our options and the costs this kind of system was well over $40,000 and if you do have one then you have to have regular EPA and local water/fish/game wildlife inspections and testing. Composting toilets and Incinerating toilets exist and are usually only acceptable in very remote areas.  I don't know of any area that allows them within building codes.  The people who I do know that use them usually would install them after their home was built and inspected and signed off on.  Then they disconnected everything and installed a composting toilet.  It's not just the waste water from toilets, but from laundry.  Country people are used to having a limit to how much laundry they can do depending on the strength of their well, water pressure and what kind of septic.  It isn't ideal to have laundry water in your septic and many older houses have greywater outflow systems (tho none that are code approved that I know of). If you have a closed septic system that is routinely pumped then that would work better with laundry.  4 dishwashers AND 4 laundry machines!!?? 😂

I know little to nothing about Arizona and water.  Here in my area it's a matter of finding in the topography where wells can be drilled(and hoping that the coal mines and gas wells don't poison your water or change it's direction...), but it's my understanding that in Arizona it isn't that simple.  It makes me laugh when Kody says on a national television program that he will need to do a song and dance with the local municipality when it comes time to get approval.  😂

• Useful 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Ohhhh dontcha know that Kody is going to do a Pa Ingalls and just dig a well outside the front door...

But then the wives would have to look each other in the face when they go out to fill their buckets at the same time.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

...he will need to do a song and dance with the local municipality when it comes time to get approval.

He'd better start tuning up his pipes because it's going to take a full on musical to make that happen.  And no way in hell it will work.  All of the logistics everyone has listed will be the death knell - even if they could manage to get anything approved, the cost for just the utilities would be insane.  And that's prior to even starting to build.

When I built my retirement home, I had to put in one of those Eljen mound septic systems.  For my small two bedroom house, it cost over $15,000.  It cost $5000 for an (almost) whole house generator since my rural area is prone to power outages.  I can't even begin to imagine what they would need for the Plyg Palace.

But it's a moot point.  Ain't gonna happen.  We are all perfectly aware that it won't so I certainly hope they don't plan on stretching out that pseudo drama (interspersed with one dramatic birth episode) for a whole season.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Maybe he plans on getting his water from the prairie dog plague pond... 

They can use it for swimming, bathing, drinking, boating, fishing, jet skiing, septic tank etc etc.... 

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Maybe he plans on getting his water from the prairie dog plague pond... 

They can use it for swimming, bathing, drinking, boating, fishing, jet skiing, septic tank etc etc.... 

Don't forget the added bonus of food source from the pond.  Janelle could tout the benefits of moderately tainted fish and plankton. 

Pond Scum!!! A rock star veggie could be added to salads or smoothies for that new green that has previously gone undiscovered.  Need a recipe?  Expect Janelle to respond "just look it up yourself".

• LOL 10

Right?  The expense of a well and septic installation are mind boggling. 
That opening montage....Christine, very symbolic with her eyes closed and a beatific smile on her face.  Kody with the doofus look.  The grave music....🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I think the storyline is going to be "none of my wives want it, so we can't build it" - thus skirting the septic, utilities and well issues completely. Just a lot of wringing of hands about needing to unload it. My best guess is the land goes back to the lender ultimately. Did the previous owner provide financing to the Browns?

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Love 7

Aren't all of the wives except Robyn (and maybe Christine) within 10 years of being an empty nester? And Christine only really has Truely. All her other kids are teenagers (if I am recalling correctly). Eventually, they will need maybe two houses with 3 to 4 bedrooms each. Two wives in each house, plus a kid or two if they choose to live at home. 

And I'm still trying to figure out what was so bad about Las Vegas. It's not like they were living in the ghettos of Camden, NJ. They were in a very nice suburb. The Las Vegas strip, like any city, is going to have crime. And mass shootings can happen anywhere. And it doesn't sound like any of the kids except Robyn's have any intention of staying in Flagstaff once they graduate high school. 

• Love 11
On 12/20/2019 at 10:16 PM, Teafortwo said:

I think the storyline is going to be "none of my wives want it, so we can't build it" - thus skirting the septic, utilities and well issues completely. Just a lot of wringing of hands about needing to unload it. My best guess is the land goes back to the lender ultimately. Did the previous owner provide financing to the Browns?

I would expect nothing less than Kodoof blaming his wives for not being able to build the Prairie Plague Plyg Palace.  This is what he does - he is a professional time-waster.  By spending all that time with the architect Dawn King, and having to run back and forth to Kinko's for help producing his "PPPP" Powerpoint presentation, he can avoid doing those pesky, annoying chores like being a father and husband.

But I am curious about the land as well - did they actually buy that plot of land for either the PPPP or (assuming the wives still do not care to share a kitchen) for four individual houses?  Are they not going to use it at all now?  Where is the Brown Family Sludge Pond located, is that somewhere else in Flagstaff?  If the land goes back to the lender, were the Brown Clowns making payments on land that they ended up not using?

These people confound me so.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 8

But I am curious about the land as well - did they actually buy that plot of land for either the PPPP or (assuming the wives still do not care to share a kitchen) for four individual houses?  Are they not going to use it at all now?  Where is the Brown Family Sludge Pond located, is that somewhere else in Flagstaff?  If the land goes back to the lender, were the Brown Clowns making payments on land that they ended up not using?

These people confound me so.

Once most/all of the kids are gone, are they still going to cook multiple dinners so they don't have to eat together?? What's the point of multiple kitchens when the kids are grown up?

I think Maddy is correct from last season, and Flagstaff is just one more stop in them moving all around.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 12/18/2019 at 6:31 PM, Tabbygirl521 said:

Right? How were Kody and Meri her “polygamist friends” when they were a one-on-marriage?

I could kick myself for not thinking of that sooner.  All these years, I never put 2 + 2 together!

I can't deal with their "we left Las Vegas just in time!"  They sound like there was rapid gunfire after them and they had to flee and got away just in time.  There are hundreds of thousands of families that are doing just fine in Las Vegas.  They are the worst, always giving excuses for the fact that when Kodouche gets a wild hair it must be done RFN, all 20 kids be damned. 

• Love 12

They really are pretty dumb. Anyone with 1/2 of brain would do the math before buying 4 plots of land in regards to sewer/septic/utilities and the costs involved just doing that.  They must be doing another ARM or something to afford Christines 500K home and Sobyn's 900K home plus the land at what 800K ?  I would really love to look at their financials, but I would rather get a pap smear...

• LOL 10
  • Love 1