Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

I know we don't have official news yet on another season, but knowing how long it takes to film and air, I'm starting the thread so we don't gum up past season's threads with current speculation.

I can always change the title to "Keeping Up With the Klowns" if there isn't another seasonย  ย ๐Ÿ™‚

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
30 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

I know we don't have official news yet on another season, but knowing how long it takes to film and air, I'm starting the thread so we don't gum up past season's threads with current speculation.

I can always change the title to "Keeping Up With the Klowns" if there isn't another seasonย  ย ๐Ÿ™‚

This season left off with the July 2018 move to Flagstaff.ย  If they stay true to form, the new season will start in January 2020 (if there is one).ย  With that lapse of time, it would be reasonable to expect that they should be comfortably ensconced in a new home(s) in Flagstaff by then.ย  Given their penchant for social media, it seems that they haven't even broken ground yet, so I assume the next season will be devoted to the cries of anguish over Kody's attempt to install them in one mega house and the counter plans the wives propose.ย  Sounds like a giant snore-fest to me, but I'll be here for the snark anyhow.

• Love 12

Same. ย Until the bitter end. ย 

To me, cults are fascinating and terrible, all at once. ย Now I'm wondering if Seeking Sister Wives will get a third season. ย Kootie would join them, if Sister Wives didn't get renewed. ย Anything instead of actually getting off his duff and (gasp) WORKING for a living, once again.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, xls said:

I want to see the big house! Bet Kodee courts a new wife too.

Maybe on the big house, but Robyn has those hairs firmly in grip and there will be no 5th wife. As much as I would love to see it!!

• Love 3

Okay, so I don't know if this WSJ article has been discussed, regarding the glut of huge homes on the market in the "Sunbelt". ย Kody must've shat his pants. He's not only trying to sell three big ass homes but he wants to build a giant one that I assume he will want to put on the market at some point.

Note - the WSJ article is behind a paywall so linking a Reddit post which contains the text.ย 

• Useful 5
  • LOL 2
26 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

He's not only trying to sell three big ass homes but he wants to build a giant one that I assume he will want to put on the market at some point.

But, but, but.....they were owned by the famous BROWNS!ย  You know they are STARS!ย  There are a million fans that would do ANYTHING to live with their leftovers!ย  They are DIFFERENT than normal people!ย  They are POLYGAMISTS!

You monogamists just never understand.

• LOL 16
On 4/29/2019 at 12:53 PM, DakotaJustice said:

Okay, so I don't know if this WSJ article has been discussed, regarding the glut of huge homes on the market in the "Sunbelt". ย Kody must've shat his pants. He's not only trying to sell three big ass homes but he wants to build a giant one that I assume he will want to put on the market at some point.

Note - the WSJ article is behind a paywall so linking a Reddit post which contains the text.ย 

This makes total sense.ย  As one gets older do you really want to have a bazillion square feet to clean?ย  Honestly, once the Mr. and I retire I want to go smaller and we are only in 1200 square feet now.ย  But I don't want tiny.ย ย 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

But I don't want tiny.

I once lived in a 600 sq. ft. apartment.ย  As a single person that was to much for me.ย  Provided that I did away with clothes and items that I never or rarely ever used.ย  I once rented a beach rental/condo and it was about 350 sq. ft.ย  It would be ideal for one person.ย  A couple could probably do with 800-1,000 sq. ft.ย 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

A couple could probably do with 800-1,000 ๏ปฟsq. f๏ปฟt.ย 

I lived quite comfortably in 900 square feet for 34 years although I am single.ย  But it would have been fine for 2 as well.ย  Growing up, our family of 4 spent the summers in a 400 square foot cottage and had a blast.ย ย 

IMO, we all have too much "stuff".ย  Thus the need for acres of space.

• Love 11

My husband thinks we are going to retire in one of those shipping container houses - he's got it all planned out, three containers stacked somehow.ย  I mean, I see pictures of these houses online and they're super cute and all but I needs my space!

However, if he figures out a way to put that house on a lake, I'm totally there. ๐Ÿ™‚

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

The houseboats in Portland, OR appeal to me. ย I would have to downsize tremendously for that to happen. ย So it probably won't. ย Still, I can see the minimalist lifestyle having its appeal. ย I'm sentimental about my stuff. ย It never bothered my mom or my sister to get rid of things, but it's hard for me to part with things. ย 

Poor Kootie! ย Half his wives are packrats. ย Even so, those huge rentals have to be excessive, especially Queen ofย Plygs Robyn's. ย 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

The houseboats in Portland, OR appeal to me. ย I would have to downsize tremendously for that to happen. ย So it probably won't. ย Still, I can see the minimalist lifestyle having its appeal. ย I'm sentimental about my stuff. ย It never bothered my mom or my sister to get rid of things, but it's hard for me to part with things. ย 

Poor Kootie! ย Half his wives are packrats. ย Even so, those huge rentals have to be excessive, especially Queen ofย Plygs Robyn's. ย 

A few years ago we thought of downsizing into a float home.. We were ready to pull the trigger and sell our home when we got an unusually bad ice storm.

The float home community we were going to move to was located on a particularly beautiful spot on the Fraser river in BC and the river froze and several of the float homes were crushed in the ice.

The local news showed people panicking and trying to smash the ice around their homes... It was a losing battle.

Hubby had done so much research on float homes but never thought of the river freezing and crushing the portion of the house that is in the water....ย  Suffice it to say we changed our minds about the floating house idea.ย 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Many years ago, a river near us in WA froze, and looked like a bunch of ice chunks. ย It happens to us Northwesterners! ย 

I don't believe the Columbia River between WA & OR freezes, but I could be wrong. ย We've driven over the bridge there several times, but never in the dead of a harsh winter!

I love your speculation about Kootie & the Gang building the gigantic plyg house, if there's a next season. ย Hey, if the Duggbots can get TLC to build them a tinker toy house, why not? ย LOL

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I've lived in my one-bedroom apartment for 22 years. I lived there my entire married life and it was perfect for the two of us and two cats. Now I live in the same apartment with three cats. I have no idea of the square footage but it's perfect for me and the only reason I see myself leaving would be if I remarried or retired and moved somewhere cheaper, like Puerto Vallarta.ย 

It's cute, I have a garden, my landlord and his wife adore me, I can walk to anything I need and it's in the safest neighborhood in town.ย 

Why would I move?

• Love 18
On 5/1/2019 at 8:55 AM, laurakaye said:

My husband thinks we are going to retire in one of those shipping container houses - he's got it all planned out, three containers stacked somehow.ย  I mean, I see pictures of these houses online and they're super cute and all but I needs my space!

However, if he figures out a way to put that house on a lake, I'm totally there. ๐Ÿ™‚

The day or 2 before one of our huge fires here (Santa Barbara) they had showcased a house made of shipping containers as a way to be a bit more fire resistant.ย  I can't remember how many they used (it was super fancy and big) but it was AWESOME!

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

We have upsized over the years. ย Once when the kids went to college, haha. We raised them in about 1200 square feet and the bonus was we always knew where they were and what they were up to. ย Got bigger house. ย Then we moved here and got even bigger house, but, we use it all. ย I have a sewing room I use all the time. He has a computer room he uses all the time. ย We have a guest room that is used on a regular basis. ย We have a dining room that we use when anyone stays here. Bigger than the small kitchen table. ย Add in a living room and our bedroom/bathroom. ย Doesn't seem at all too big for us. ย Small yard though so easy to manage.

• Love 4

Ohย please let this be true about him adding a fifth wife! ย  It would be purelyย to stay relevant on TV if it happened,ย butย this would still beย amazing to watch Robyn navigate the process from the other side. *Rubs hands together gleefully* ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผย 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Really, I don't see it ever happening. The fifth wife thing I mean.ย 

This rumor gets dredged up every season. Borrrrrring.ย 

I really don't think Kody is interested in having another girlfriend. Which is basically what a "wife" is. And if he DOES, he'll be expected to procreate with her. So whoever the woman is will have to be early to mid 30s at the oldest.ย 

But they have to drum it up and insinuate just like they did when Maddie, Mykelti, and Aspyn got married.ย 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I really don't think Kody ๏ปฟis interested in having another girlfriend. Which is basically what a "wife" is. And if he DOES, he'll be expected to procreate with her. So whoever the woman is will have to be early to mid 30s at the oldest.ย 

I agree.ย  And while there are a lot of Fifteen Minutes of Famewhores out there, I think that their dysfunctional family has been well documented, certainly enough so that anyone with two functioning brain cells would steer clear of this mess.ย 

That plus the financial doom hanging over their heads.ย  And unless Kootie attracts some sort of millionaire Mormon moron, things are unlikely to improve in that department.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I seriously doubt that a fifth wife is in any kind of consideration.ย  However, I have no doubt that attempts to add another "wife" would cause Robyn to leave the family.ย  Kootie was able to pretty much dump Meri without any consequences to his financial or emotional status, but this absolutely would never be the case with Robyn.ย ย 

Kootie would face a legal and public relations nightmare of epic proportions.ย  I don't believe Robyn would stop the onslaught until Kootie was banished to living in a run down mobile homeย right next to her first husband.ย  Every detail of the Brown family existence would be exposed and none of the other "wives" would be spared the public humiliation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, VegasVixen said:

...apparantly only two homes have sold. Meri pulled her home off the market.ย 

I don't believe that's correct.ย  Per the Clark County records Meri'sย home now has a new owner, and she and Kody signed the paperwork on June 6.ย  Christine's house, however, is still in her name.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

I don't believe that's correct.ย  Per the Clark County records Meri'sย home now has a new owner, and she and Kody signed the paperwork on June 6.ย  Christine's house, however, is still in her name.

Sorry, my bad. Disregard

Don't forget we already have a Season 11 (or whatever it is now) Spoiler and Spec thread for all those glorious Sump Pond and Speedo pics/comments!

Speaking of Speedo ๐Ÿคฎย pics, why does Kodouche look like he is wearing a flesh-colored roasting pan on his chest?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Yeah, here in Arizona those ponds are full of EVERYTHING. They are filled with run-off. Pesticides, herbicides, cow feces (giardia=diarrhea; we can't even drink the water in the Grand Canyon anymore due to it), heavy metal run-off from mines, sewage from leach lines moves through the water table and makes it way to the surface, etc. If they want to make that a viable pond, they will have to drain it, dig it out, line it with heavy-duty pond liner and have a filtering pump on it.

But since it was probably installed so the run-off doesn't affect other properties, they may not be able to modify it.

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6

They would never put the work into it, even if they were allowed to do it.

Funny how Kody makes the entire family get up and move when they go for a picnic at a park covered in peacock poo, but he's cool with stripping down to his skivvies and taking a dip, alongside his offspring, in a plague-coated swamp bucket.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Don't they know that is a drainage ditch! Dis - guzzzz - tink!

OMG!ย  Everytime Christine or one of the others adds that extra sound at the end of a word ending in G I want to scream!ย  It is a thing(k) and it needs to end.ย  Someone shoot the hose at me because my anger made me sweaty.

These people have no sense between them.ย  WHO would look at that brown water and think, wow, gotta submerge myself in that?

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Someone shoot the hose at me because my anger made me sweaty.

Omg I love it lolololol

I can't count how many times I've felt like I was sweating in frustration listening to the Brown ass hats!

A bunch of morons goose stepping along behind their leader.

• LOL 3

I keep forgetting to ask... in the trailer for this season Kootie does his PLYG PALACE presentation and a house pops on the screen.... is that the same facade they presented last year on the blueprints?... for some reason I feel like it's not the same but I couldn't find a pic of the blueprints etc.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I keep forgetting to ask... in the trailer for this season Kootie does his PLYG PALACE presentation and a house pops on the screen.... is that the same facade they presented last year on the blueprints?... for some reason I feel like it's not the same but I couldn't find a pic of the blueprints etc.

IIRC, the renderings showed just the outline of the exterior but I know that magic can happen with computer programs that could place the brick and millwork trim on the facade.

It might have been fun to place a gingerbread house facing or Hansel and Gretel cottage on the exterior.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Found these:

30C645A4-9D43-4498-8624-E8B07466C654.jpeg

D4009718-CF59-4097-A7A3-4F5B8B8DC86C.jpeg

• Useful 4

I actually thought the design of the the Plyg Palace was decent- they should call Kodyโ€™s section the Dick Den ( pun intended)๐Ÿ˜‰.ย 

In theory, a shared residence with private apartments for each wife sounds perfect. At least for sister wives that can actually stand each other! Robyn will never allow it.ย 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

It does look like Kody has taken the blueprints and had someone draw up a CGI walk through to show off his dream.ย  I'm shocked he didn't just make one of those to scale mock ups like architects do.

I found it most interesting in the trailer that there is the whole family with Kody up front for his big big presentation and it seems like everyone's eyes are glued to the screen.ย  Except for Robyn...who walks in from behind the screen but doesn't seem to care one lick what is on the screen. So did she get a full preview before everyone else?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I noticed my DVR is set to record a Season 14 preview episode at 8:15pm tonight on TLC.ย  Not sure if this is an extended version of the preview clip that has already been circulating?ย 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I am such a geek, I am waiting for @LilWharveyGalย to hand out recap assignments like I'm back in sixth grade English, excitedlyย waiting to find out when our next book report is due.ย ๐Ÿ˜Ž

OMG, you're killing me over here!ย ย ๐Ÿ˜„ย  Guess it's about time to resurrect the Recap thread.

• Love 9

FYI, TLC calls this Season 14 because they split up some of the previous seasons after the fact. I have helped out mods by starting the episode threads for several years andย I have continued to number seasons as they happen. I know someone always get confused, but at this point I hate to leave a gap in the seasons. If mods want me to use the TLC system, please let me know.

• Useful 3