Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I may be cynical and reading more into things than are there, but I lean toward Robyn never wanted to live with any of the others. 

And when she's at a gathering at one of her SW's homes, she plops down and acts like a guest to be served, not a family member.  She did the same (not helping, like the husbands) at the Dargers' house where all the other womenfolk jumped in chopping vegs, etc. to prepare lunch for the  everyone.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

Well, Kootie told her she was "too pretty to cook." 🤮

Lazy and entitled, that's the Robyn we know.  Her kids are no doubt going to be the same way.  They have a full-time father, and it's a crying shame none of the other kids were treated that way.

• Love 17
49 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

5C630D55-38FC-45AE-B2DB-429E91B37199.jpeg

So sweet. 💕 It takes a lot for a young man to make such a public announcement, especially when he has not seen a parental example.  Good for them, they look like a lovely couple.

• Love 20
On 10/27/2021 at 6:06 AM, LilyD said:

I may be wrong, but iirc there were rumors out here saying that the adoption wasn’t real? Can’t remember what these rumors were based on though…. That court scene definitely seemed fake to me. 

Apparently the kids have legally changed their names to Brown. But that’s not the same as adoption… And I’m trying really hard to understand why Jessop signed his rights away….. He was involved, albeit minimally….

Going by my memory... I remember the biggest point in the "it isn't real" discussion being that it isn't all that easy to sign away your parental rights. There are men in prison for life that still have their parental rights.  If it were so easy there are probably thousands and thousands of men(and women too...) that would gladly sign a piece of paper to remove themselves from paying child support or being responsible for children they brought into the world but want nothing to do with.

Going by the little things on the show and the theory that the best lie always has elements of truth. Robyn said that the same lawyer who handled her divorce was also trying to serve the papers to her ex.  Serve what papers?  What would be served to demand he sign over his parental rights? They said he snuck out the back door when the process server was knocking on the front door. And then suddenly he was walking into the lawyers office and sitting down to sign the papers. So. What I remember is that to relinquish your parental rights you have to go in front of a judge, which doesn't sound like signing in a lawyers office.

And the courtroom scenes were just so phony feeling.  The camera was behind the judge and what little I do know about the hierarchy of a courtroom is the only people allowed behind a judge are the bailiff and maybe other court personnel. Cameras in courtrooms usually are in the back or to the side facing the judge. It just didn't feel real. Looking at the big picture of reality tv in general we do know that very little is real and most is scripted on site and producer driven storylines, so it isn't a stretch to conclude the courtroom and adoption in general were a storyline. Unlike the divorce, which is public domain, I don't think that adoption info is public domain (I could be wrong) because if is was, someone would have looked it up and put the info online at some point.

The plausible explanation both then and now is a legal guardianship. If Robyn and her kids want to change their names, that is fully possible, and if the ex wants to sign over a guardianship to Kody, that sounds a lot more like something he might do in a lawyers office.  Obviously the whole "he is running away from a process server" could all be a lot of whooey added to the storyline.

Unless someone comes out and actually says something, we will never know the actual and real story.  But TLC is a lot better with their NDA these days after the debacle with the Jon and Kate people/show. I doubt the kids can even "spill the tea" after they turn 18.

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

And the courtroom scenes were just so phony feeling.  The camera was behind the judge and what little I do know about the hierarchy of a courtroom is the only people allowed behind a judge are the bailiff and maybe other court personnel. Cameras in courtrooms usually are in the back or to the side facing the judge.

I believe it was pretty well established that the whole courtroom thing was staged and was done by actors.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Going by my memory... I remember the biggest point in the "it isn't real" discussion being that it isn't all that easy to sign away your parental rights. There are men in prison for life that still have their parental rights.  If it were so easy there are probably thousands and thousands of men(and women too...) that would gladly sign a piece of paper to remove themselves from paying child support or being responsible for children they brought into the world but want nothing to do with.

Going by the little things on the show and the theory that the best lie always has elements of truth. Robyn said that the same lawyer who handled her divorce was also trying to serve the papers to her ex.  Serve what papers?  What would be served to demand he sign over his parental rights? They said he snuck out the back door when the process server was knocking on the front door. And then suddenly he was walking into the lawyers office and sitting down to sign the papers. So. What I remember is that to relinquish your parental rights you have to go in front of a judge, which doesn't sound like signing in a lawyers office.

And the courtroom scenes were just so phony feeling.  The camera was behind the judge and what little I do know about the hierarchy of a courtroom is the only people allowed behind a judge are the bailiff and maybe other court personnel. Cameras in courtrooms usually are in the back or to the side facing the judge. It just didn't feel real. Looking at the big picture of reality tv in general we do know that very little is real and most is scripted on site and producer driven storylines, so it isn't a stretch to conclude the courtroom and adoption in general were a storyline. Unlike the divorce, which is public domain, I don't think that adoption info is public domain (I could be wrong) because if is was, someone would have looked it up and put the info online at some point.

The plausible explanation both then and now is a legal guardianship. If Robyn and her kids want to change their names, that is fully possible, and if the ex wants to sign over a guardianship to Kody, that sounds a lot more like something he might do in a lawyers office.  Obviously the whole "he is running away from a process server" could all be a lot of whooey added to the storyline.

Unless someone comes out and actually says something, we will never know the actual and real story.  But TLC is a lot better with their NDA these days after the debacle with the Jon and Kate people/show. I doubt the kids can even "spill the tea" after they turn 18.

I think you are onto something with the legal guardianship theory. That sounds more plausible to me that could be done by signing papers in front of a lawyer and notary. I had physical custody of my grandson and got temporary guardianship when my daughter (his mother) had post-partum depression and his bio father had no interest in him. We just had to go to the lawyer and he filed it, etc.

As for the kids never being able to spill the tea—I believe you can’t hold a child to a contract that was signed when they were underage once they turn 18?

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I bet the kids had to sign an NDA when they each turned 18. 

I have a gut feeling quite a few of the older kids refused to do so, which would explain why they are no longer featured. 

I read somewhere that quite a few reality shows do public filming with signs that say "if you enter this room/street you agree to being filmed and your footage being used. That doesn't require an NDA and may explain how some of the older kids occasionally show up in footage as extras, but are never heavily featured.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5

I vaguely recall someone on this forum performing research and finding out there was no type of adoption and the kids were still using their birth last name. I think Kody had some type of form where he could take them to the hospital or something in an emergency but nothing actually changed. Their birth dad is still their dad and regularly sees them. I have always believed this was nothing more than a storyline to get the divorce from Meri so Robyn could become head wife.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

didn't Robyn's kids visit their bioDad in Montana at least once after the "adoption"?

They did and returned home bursting with enthusiasm about the wonderful time they had.  I wonder if they are allowed by Robyn to have regular visitation.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

They did and returned home bursting with enthusiasm about the wonderful time they had.  I wonder if they are allowed by Robyn to have regular visitation.

I think Dayun and the other are over 18 so they can do what they want, but before I have a hard time thinking she let them go willingly

image.png.93cc73d40f4c07836ef4a9b5c1dca639.png

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Nope.... imagine her kids starting to like anyone better than mom or dear Kody?  She would rip herself apart and disappear into flames like dear old Rumpelstiltskin...

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

I vaguely recall someone on this forum performing research and finding out there was no type of adoption and the kids were still using their birth last name. I think Kody had some type of form where he could take them to the hospital or something in an emergency but nothing actually changed. Their birth dad is still their dad and regularly sees them. I have always believed this was nothing more than a storyline to get the divorce from Meri so Robyn could become head wife.  

This may have been what I was thinking about when writing my original post. Also, there are a lot of people who, for whatever reason, do not want to be known by their official last name and use another in everyday life. You can, with permission, even register at schools or colleges under a different last name, but any official certificate will be issued in your legal name.

The guardianship seems plausible to me as well. Especially when a parent lives far away, or is not involved in the daily lives of his kids. It really complicates matters when important decisions have to be made. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Did Aurora go to college?

No idea. Here’s a tweet from Robyn (2020):

66B7C4F0-7101-4F44-B5A2-427FC7C777EE.jpeg

Robyn doesn’t post anymore, Aurora’s Instagram is private. The other moms don’t post about Robyn’s children. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 6
  • Love 1

Why do we think Robyn and her spawn stay off social media as much as they do, given how histrionic they all are (except Day'un).  Seems like social media would be their preferred manner of working out their passive-aggressive digs at the rest of their pretend family, like Meri does so well (lol).

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Why do we think Robyn and her spawn stay off social media as much as they do, given how histrionic they all are (except Day'un).  Seems like social media would be their preferred manner of working out their passive-aggressive digs at the rest of their pretend family, like Meri does so well (lol).

Posting on social media opens the door to criticism and like Meri, that would be intolerable.  The difference is that Meri overcomes her anger, fires back, and carries on because she needs to keep a profile for the benefits derived in promoting her LLRags and BnB as well as overpriced rice krispie "treats".

• Love 8

There was an episode where Christine made a comment about how your children are supposed to grow up and leave. I thought it was a direct hit at Robyn, and I loved her for that. I bet Robyn's kids aren't really allowed to leave. Most teenagers aren't desperate to stay under mom's thumb. Dayton has special needs so he might need to be home, but there is no reason the others can't live in a dorm.

• Love 15

I also seemed to recall was it Christine that the kids are "out" at 18. Didn't Day'un go on some weeks long camping trip alone or something, so I wouldn't say he wouldn't be able to live alone. Sure it is cheaper for them not to pay for dorms, but they do miss out I think on gaining some independence, but then again, this is Robyn we are talking about 

• Love 10

I recall Christine getting snippy with Gwen when the family took all the kids to see the Cottonwood and Coyote Pass properties…. Gwen didn’t like them and Christine said how it was a good thing that she’d be gone soon because she’d be 18… or something like that.

It sounded like Christine couldn’t wait to kick her out of the nest… it made me feel sad for Gwen… too bad Christine doesn’t use that tough love approach with Kootie 👎🏻

• Love 11
On 10/28/2021 at 11:18 AM, Adiba said:

I think you are onto something with the legal guardianship theory. That sounds more plausible to me that could be done by signing papers in front of a lawyer and notary. I had physical custody of my grandson and got temporary guardianship when my daughter (his mother) had post-partum depression and his bio father had no interest in him. We just had to go to the lawyer and he filed it, etc.

As for the kids never being able to spill the tea—I believe you can’t hold a child to a contract that was signed when they were underage once they turn 18?

None of the kids would want to hurt their mom's or their siblings ability to earn money from the show.  Even if they were unhappy with the show or parents.  

• Love 6

Logan has distanced himself and his fiancee from the show, and I admire him for that.  I also am not surprised that they will not be having kids.  I don't know about Michelle, but Logan basically raised 5 siblings, and Kootie basically let him be their father figure, especially when Robyn squirmed her way into the picture.  Aspyn seems to be taking her time with postponing? babies, and that, again, is understandable, since Christine leaned on her so much, with C's kids getting shafted by Kootie's lack of presence in their lives.

• Love 13
On 10/29/2021 at 7:32 PM, Kellyee said:

There was an episode where Christine made a comment about how your children are supposed to grow up and leave. I thought it was a direct hit at Robyn, and I loved her for that. I bet Robyn's kids aren't really allowed to leave. Most teenagers aren't desperate to stay under mom's thumb. Dayton has special needs so he might need to be home, but there is no reason the others can't live in a dorm.

I agree with Christine. A child is not to keep. You have to let go at some point, though maybe not necessarily always the moment they turn 18…

Robyn really scares me with how she keeps claiming her kids! They’ll never be able to leave and start their own lives. It reminds me of my high school crush (we only dated a few times) but he couldn’t escape his mothers clutches either. I recently discovered he still lives with his mom and he’s in his late 40s now!!! Boy was I lucky there…. That’s just so scary and unhealthy….

• Love 11
On 10/29/2021 at 3:07 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Logan has distanced himself and his fiancee from the show, and I admire him for that.  I also am not surprised that they will not be having kids.  I don't know about Michelle, but Logan basically raised 5 siblings, and Kootie basically let him be their father figure, especially when Robyn squirmed her way into the picture.  Aspyn seems to be taking her time with postponing? babies, and that, again, is understandable, since Christine leaned on her so much, with C's kids getting shafted by Kootie's lack of presence in their lives.

Wonder why raising/caring for his siblings would make him not want children of his own? It's a different experience. Regardless, it's good to know he's made that decision (along with Michelle), and I'm happy for him.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, MsTree said:

Wonder why raising/caring for his siblings would make him not want children of his own? It's a different experience. Regardless, it's good to know he's made that decision (along with Michelle), and I'm happy for him.

He was incredibly good with them and would no doubt have made an amazing dad. But I am quite positive that the mad dynamics of this family has put all the kids firmly off the polygamous path with a lot of kids. (Apart from king Sol and Ariabella who will probably be brainwashed into this)

• Love 8
On 10/29/2021 at 5:07 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I think most of the older kids have only because they are working adults now and probably want to keep a low profile as to not cause any problems for their job.  Plus they are living their own lives.  Not everyone can get away from their jobs to be there for filming.

6 hours ago, MsTree said:

It almost sounded like during the show that Michelle was the one who didn't want kids, but i could have been reading to much into that.  My daughter and her husband decided not to have any.  I'm okay with that, I just want them to be happy.

4 hours ago, LilyD said:

He was incredibly good with them and would no doubt have made an amazing dad. But I am quite positive that the mad dynamics of this family has put all the kids firmly off the polygamous path with a lot of kids. (Apart from king Sol and Ariabella who will probably be brainwashed into this)

I don't think any of the kids will practice plural marriage.  But if any do I can see it being Robyn's, but even then I don't really think so.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, MsTree said:

Not everyone enjoys being a caregiver. I could see Logan not wanting to expend the physical, emotional and financial energy caring for children after he spent quite a bit of emotional and physical energy on his siblings. 

Also, there are people that enjoy being a caregiver in certain circumstances (the elderly, their siblings etc) but do not want their own children because after being a caregiver in the areas they enjoy they want time for themselves and their own fulfillment. My sister’s caregiver has been doing this since she got out of HS, and she cared for her elderly father until she died- she’s NEVER wanted a baby/kids of her own. 

Given how many Brown children there are, I am not surprised a few would decide to be childfree. Especially the older ones who’ve already experienced being a caregiver and might not enjoy it- even if they did a good job and love their siblings (which I def think Logan did/does). 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I think most of the older kids have only because they are working adults now and probably want to keep a low profile as to not cause any problems for their job.  Plus they are living their own lives.  Not everyone can get away from their jobs to be there for filming.

It almost sounded like during the show that Michelle was the one who didn't want kids, but i could have been reading to much into that.  My daughter and her husband decided not to have any.  I'm okay with that, I just want them to be happy.

I don't think any of the kids will practice plural marriage.  But if any do I can see it being Robyn's, but even then I don't really think so.

Of Robyn's older 3, I say firm no to Breanna. I'll have to find the ep, but she made it clear that Polygamy was their (Grody/Robyn) choice. I doubt Aurora would willingly share any spotlight.. I mean why start that?

It's hard to say about the younger ones.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, MsTree said:

Wonder why raising/caring for his siblings would make him not want children of his own? It's a different experience. 

Some people are worried about overpopulation and Kootie & his wives have already done more than their fair share, producing three times as many children as needed to replace themselves.

• Love 12

I think Robyn doesn’t want her daughters to live in a dorm because they might lose their “cookies” before they are married.

Edited by Adiba
Sp
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Adiba said:

I think Robyn doesn’t want her daughters to live in a dorm because they might loose their “cookies” before they are married.

Because a dorm room is the only place that can possibly happen, right??🤣

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Some people are worried about overpopulation and Kootie & his wives have already done more than their fair share, producing three times as many children as needed to replace themselves.

My late brother had a vasectomy in his 20s, This was a long time ago and it took some doing to find a doctor who would do it.  His reasoning was he didn't want to pass on the family genes.  Our father was deliberately cruel to him.  The rest of us doted on him.  But, he killed himself in 2002.  So there are lots of reasons.  Also, Logan and Michelle are young and could also reconsider.  Or not.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Liddy52 said:

Because a dorm room is the only place that can possibly happen, right??🤣

More likelihood of it happening if she can have the freedom to come and go as she wants.  No Robyn in the dorm room to interview the young man and no Kody to give his famous "harmoans" in the mouth cautions.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Fortunately, most of their kids seem to have turned into pretty ok people. Imagine 15 Kody-clones… that would have seriously had devastating consequences to mankind….  

Edited by LilyD
Grammar
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, deirdra said:

I wonder when Mariah will start championing this cause?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, YupItsMe said:

I wonder when Mariah will start championing this cause?

Mariah likely has to wait to see which way the wind is blowing before she champions any cause. Can’t take chance when will be on the wrong side of history. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Not everyone enjoys being a caregiver. I could see Logan not wanting to expend the physical, emotional and financial energy caring for children after he spent quite a bit of emotional and physical energy on his siblings. 

Also, there are people that enjoy being a caregiver in certain circumstances (the elderly, their siblings etc) but do not want their own children because after being a caregiver in the areas they enjoy they want time for themselves and their own fulfillment. My sister’s caregiver has been doing this since she got out of HS, and she cared for her elderly father until she died- she’s NEVER wanted a baby/kids of her own. 

Given how many Brown children there are, I am not surprised a few would decide to be childfree. Especially the older ones who’ve already experienced being a caregiver and might not enjoy it- even if they did a good job and love their siblings (which I def think Logan did/does). 

Agree...and totally understand. I just wish the same theory would apply to the folks who don't want pets. Unfortunately, pet lovers look at you like you have 3 heads and no heart.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, MsTree said:

Agree...and totally understand. I just wish the same theory would apply to the folks who don't want pets. Unfortunately, pet lovers look at you like you have 3 heads and no heart.

Not all pet lovers! I totally get it and understand why some don't choose to have pets. It's a lot of work and worry, though I love them like they're my children.
  We recently had to say goodbye to our 14yr old dog, who I raised from a weeks-old pup, and it has crushed my soul. I do not wish to get another dog in my lifetime, though my husband does. 
 We still have three cats, (one new one that was a stray we found last month in our back meadow...ok all three we've found there over 4 years. Almost a cat per year haha!) and I am appreciative of their comparable independence, but I still worry, and they're still a lot of work even though they have my whole heart. 🤣 

• Love 15

I don't care if people choose not to have a pet. What makes me mad is when someone buys a pet as an impulse buy, then tries to discard it or won't pay for proper medical care for it. 

I hope Janelle gives those dogs proper exercise living in the RV. It looks like there is plenty of land for them to roam. Hopefully she isn't giving the dogs Plexus. I find it telling that we don't see Kody helping to sell the Plexus by showing up to drink it. It's like Janelle and Christine are married to each other, and Kody was just the sperm donor who passes by sometimes.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

It's like Janelle and Christine are married to each other, and Kody was just the sperm donor who passes by sometimes.

It's like Janelle and Christine are married to each other, and Kody was just the sperm donor who passes by sometimes, when he's burned through all his money or when TLC shows up for filming. (Sorry, you forgot two things lol)

You're spot on with Janelle and Christine. They should consider finding one house for the two of them with partially separated areas. Their kids would love to see them together. Christine and Janelle's kids have always been close.

• Love 10

It's like Janelle and Christine are married to each other, and Kody was just the sperm donor who passes by sometimes, when he's burned through all his money or when TLC shows up for filming. (Sorry, you forgot two things lol)

In this new season, are we going to get another staged scene with Kody sitting in a folding chair on Meri's driveway pretending they have a relationship, and then Kody over at Christine's trying to act like he's there every week? Because their Instagrams tell a whole different story from what they try to lead us to believe on the show.

• Love 11

Kind of jumping off a discussion in Janelle's thread.

Does anyone have the low down on where all the kids are? This is what I know (or what I think I know).

Robyn's kids are all in AZ. Janelle and 3 of her kids are in AZ, and Maddie is in NC and Hunter's in the reserves. Is Logan in NV?

Christine and Truely are now in UT with Aspyn and Mykelti and Ysabel in NC. Where's Paedon and Gwendolyn?

And are Mariah and Audrey in UT?

Did I forget anyone?

• Useful 1
51 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Robyn's kids are all in AZ. Janelle and 3 of her kids are in AZ, and Maddie is in NC and Hunter's in the reserves. Is Logan in NV?

From what I understand, Hunter's in more than the reserves...he's full time, I believe, and getting some schooling in nursing. I forget where exactly, but a long way from AZ.

53 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Where's Paedon and Gwendolyn?

I think Paedon's also in Utah. Gwen is in college in AZ, I'm pretty sure.

54 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And are Mariah and Audrey in UT?

Last I heard, yes.

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

From what I understand, Hunter's in more than the reserves...he's full time, I believe, and getting some schooling in nursing. I forget where exactly, but a long way from AZ.

I think Paedon's also in Utah. Gwen is in college in AZ, I'm pretty sure.

Last I heard, yes.

Hunter is in nursing school at Johns Hopkins, in Maryland

• Useful 5
  • Love 10