Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm remembering Christine putting something like 'mysterious person' paying for her 'rent' back in the day and listing Kloddy as her 'landlord', so it wouldn't be a stretch for them to fudge birth certs.

If she did name Kody, why didn't they go after him to for child support, or to repay the food stamps, and any other aid she was getting?

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Curious, do you think Janelle and Christine put father unknown on their kids birth certificate? Advantage to them - it would make government assistance available.

If they put down kody brown as father on birth certificate, he would be legally responsible for child support if they chose to leave.

I know it's almost a moot issue once Truley turns 18, but wondering how the TLC Grifters played this.

Bloated Ego (name on certificate) vs All Grifting, All The Time (unknown on certificate)

I'm not sure it is moot. Back child support can be paid to the child once it's 18 in many states. After all, the payment is owed to the child, not the mother, and the mother can't (in some states) decline child support on the child's behalf without either a court's permission or in special circumstances. And ethically a mom shouldn't refuse child support unless she is independently financially comfortable enough to make the dad's contribution unnecessary. Not a whole lot of single moms are in that situation, and certainly not any of these moms.

Passport chat: I was completely unaware that you needed a long-form birth certificate to get a passport! I believe I just had my regular one to get my first passport. It probably doesn't matter, though, these people don't really get out much. Of course, the kids are not really following in their parents' footsteps, thankfully, and a handful of them may have a smattering of global curiosity. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
23 hours ago, monagatuna said:

Passport chat: I was completely unaware that you needed a long-form birth certificate to get a passport! I believe I just had my regular one to get my first passport. 

I got mine for a trip to China in 2019, and the long form was required. Some people legitimately don't know who a birth parent is, so I can't imagine that would keep them from getting a passport.

Didn't one of Janelle's boys go to Europe a while back? I want to say Garrison, but I could very well be wrong. 

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
Forgot a word
22 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I got mine for a trip to China in 2019, and the long form was required. Some people legitimately don't know who a birth parent is, so I can't imagine that would keep them from getting a passport.

Didn't one of Janelle's boys go to Europe a while back? I want to say Garrison, but I could very well be wrong. 

I wonder if it's visa requirements that made you get the long form? I understand you need a visa to go to China. I've only used my passport to go to EU and Central America and I got it back in, like, 2003, and renewed in like 2019, and never needed long form. That may be why Garrison or whoever was able to go to EU, if indeed he did.

All this is to say I highly doubt any of the kids except Mariah and the dark queen's kids have the honor of having Kody on their birth certificate. I am almost certain that pre-show, his wives were bleeding the beast and I sincerely doubt he was paying child support for them. If he was it was probably a low amount because I doubt he was a high earner, being in "sells" and having his wife use her inheritance and retirement fund to procure them a home. I'm sure all the proceeds from his sells job went into whatever sad little sports car he just had to have.

• Love 6

I had to Google, and it looks like long form requirement for passport started in 2011. Interesting! I wonder why that was changed?

Right there with you in believing only a couple kids have his name on their certs. What a great father! 🤮 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, deirdra said:

Wasn't it Christine's cousin who wanted Utah to require DNA to identify fathers & stop the beast bleeding?

Wouldn't half of Utahs Mormon population qualify as Christine's cousin?

• LOL 11
9 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

There were photos of Logan, Michelle and Mariah (and maybe Audrey) in Ireland several years ago.  They were having pints in a pub.  It must have been during college.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

You are correct. It was in 2018.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 5/7/2021 at 5:41 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

I had to Google, and it looks like long form requirement for passport started in 2011. Interesting! I wonder why that was changed?

I’m not from the US but I suspect it has something to do with fraud/forgery/stealing an identity etc. ‘Valid’ passports are big business: They don’t just literally open borders, but can be used to get credit cards, dodgy loans or rentals etc, all in someone else’s name. So, it’s probably another security layer to guarantee a passport is issued to a legit person who actually is who he or she says he/she is....

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

I’m not from the US but I suspect it has something to do with fraud/forgery/stealing an identity etc. ‘Valid’ passports are big business: They don’t just literally open borders, but can be used to get credit cards, dodgy loans or rentals etc, all in someone else’s name. So, it’s probably another security layer to guarantee a passport is issued to a legit person who actually is who he or she says he/she is....

Also the long form contains things like the full name of the child and both parents (unless one is left blank), name of the doctor or midwife registering the birth, date and time, hospital or home birth, city, state & county - a bit more than what can usually be found on social media to steal someone's identity. Unless idiot parents post their baby's long form BC on SM.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 5/7/2021 at 9:03 AM, WhatAmIWatching said:

We know that Kootie is the kids' father, we're just curious if he was planning to bleed the beast from the moment his non-legal wives gave birth.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, deirdra said:

We know that Kootie is the kids' father, we're just curious if he was planning to bleed the beast from the moment his non-legal wives gave birth.

Sorry, I got sidetracked in the passport thing! My son is currently in process of getting his, so it's on my mind.

I totally wouldn't doubt it, if that was how their families did it, or possibly what they were taught or saw (at least for Christine and maybe Meri). How else could they afford the massive families? But then, I'm pretty cynical. I wonder if Meri's dad covered that part when he was talking Kody into 'joining up'? 😆 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

Anyone know why she's flippin' the bird? To whom? Because she's gay???

Do we know who that is?  Ysabel is on the right and, as far as I know, has not declared herself to be gay.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Do we know who that is?  Ysabel is on the right and, as far as I know, has not declared herself to be gay.

I think she is just being silly for the camera.  In the same vein as those who stick their tongue out when being photographed, they may think it's cute or sassy.

• Love 9
On 5/23/2021 at 3:23 PM, Rabbit Hutch said:

Young ladies in beautiful gowns, flipping the bird during pictures.  It looks so gauche.  One wears beautiful formalwear only to pose in such a vulgar manner...I don't understand it.  😔

i guess they’re trying to look cool or edgy but in my opinion they just look stupid.

even the way they’re standing is very unflattering and sort of squished together hopefully they took a few nicely posed pics for remembrance 

• Love 9

I hope he either has that furniture fastened somehow or he doesn't plan to move it, as that table and couch look like they will slide all over the place.  I also wonder how much weight he added to it (hopefully he weighs it if he moves it).  But yes, it looks much better!

• Love 4
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I believe this is the first time one of the other moms acknowledged an achievement. She used Ysabel’s post, but she actually posted.

500810CB-53E0-46FB-AA7D-391B53B58756.jpeg

Ysabel and Christine look fabulous 😃

BUT... Kody standing on his tip toes 🤣

• LOL 12
11 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Good grief, tell me he didn't hit Hobby Lobby for one of those stupid signs.  So not something I'd expect on his wall.

It was probably a house warming gift from Janelle or a gag gift from Gabe.  Though Garrison can finally Live, Laugh & Love now that he's out of the house.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
17 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Way too dark for my taste.  I need brightness in my rooms.  But if he likes it, great.  It does look like he rilly worked hard on it.

I agree... way too dark and depressing for me... like living in a dungeon

• Love 6
(edited)

I am so happy for this lovely young woman that she finally got the surgery she needed so badly and for so damned long. Kudos to her mother for making that happen. 

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

I am so happy for this lovely young woman that she finally got the surgery she needed so badly and for so damned long. Kudos to her mother for making that happen. 

I’m glad to see someone give Christine credit for making sure her child was put first for once in that family.  But then again, what choice did she have?  The sperm donor washed his hands of his child, right in front of her, no less.  It proved for me that Christine is strong enough to be an independent woman and do right by herself and the children still at home.  Now, what is it going to take to convince her of that?

• Love 16
6 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

I’m glad to see someone give Christine credit for making sure her child was put first for once in that family.  But then again, what choice did she have?  The sperm donor washed his hands of his child, right in front of her, no less.  It proved for me that Christine is strong enough to be an independent woman and do right by herself and the children still at home.  Now, what is it going to take to convince her of that?

I wish her mother and aunt (cousin? Krystin Decker) would convince her.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Teafortwo said:

I wish her mother and aunt (cousin? Krystin Decker) would convince her.

And then TLC could follow Christine instead of Kootie & the still-plygs.

• Love 10
48 minutes ago, deirdra said:

And then TLC could follow Christine instead of Kootie & the still-plygs.

wouldn't that be great!

Then Kody and Robyn file bankruptcy, lose the McMansion and wind up in a van beside the poop pond with Janelle in a tent next door.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

wouldn't that be great!

Then Kody and Robyn file bankruptcy, lose the McMansion and wind up in a van beside the poop pond with Janelle in a tent next door.

I think you mean a yurt next door to the van down by the poop pond.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
On 6/8/2021 at 5:32 AM, Dustbunny said:

wouldn't that be great!

I just wonder how long it would take them to bounce back into another McMansion. How they always manage to qualify for loans, rentals and mortgages with several personal bankruptcies, failed businesses, no clear income and that very complicated messy financial situation with all those marriages is completely beyond me! Any thoughts anyone? I'd love to hear how y'all think they do this...

• Love 9
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

I just wonder how long it would take them to bounce back into another McMansion. How they always manage to qualify for loans, rentals and mortgages with several personal bankruptcies, failed businesses, no clear income and that very complicated messy financial situation with all those marriages is completely beyond me! Any thoughts anyone? I'd love to hear how y'all think they do this...

Just a guess as I have no proof but I wouldn't be surprised if TLC was behind it.

TLC has stepped in with other families and helped with housing, they basically helped the Duggars from 19 Kids and Counting finish building the big house on their property.

I can't recall the other family but I read somewhere (might have been on Primetimer) that TLC also helped another family with housing.... I think it might have been the Derrico's (they're another family with a zillion kids)

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
On 6/6/2021 at 6:35 PM, deirdra said:

It was probably a house warming gift from Janelle or a gag gift from Gabe.  Though Garrison can finally Live, Laugh & Love now that he's out of the house.

I really hope it is a funny reference to the Progressive commercials, where the guy said " do you really need a sign that says, live,laugh,love". It is basically saying, don't be like your parents in the commercials

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I really hope it is a funny reference to the Progressive commercials, where the guy said " do you really need a sign that says, live,laugh,love". It is basically saying, don't be like your parents in the commercials

"Live, Laugh, Love," is believed to be (7 Habits of Highly-Effective People) Stephen Covey's personal mission statement.  

• Useful 4
8 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I really hope it is a funny reference to the Progressive commercials, where the guy said " do you really need a sign that says, live,laugh,love".

That commercial cracks me up every time.  "Guess what, the waiter doesn't need to know your name".

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
On 6/11/2021 at 10:35 PM, Cetacean said:

That commercial cracks me up every time.  "Guess what, the waiter doesn't need to know your name".

"No fussin', no cussin' and no backtalkin'", LOL.  Gets me every time!

I think Garrison's sign was a joke.

The dark colors seem like his attempt at a mancave.

So glad Ysabel got her surgery!

• Love 9
On 6/11/2021 at 10:35 PM, Cetacean said:

And pronouncing "quinoa" as "Joaquin." :)

Do we know if Garrison and Gabe are really parking the RV on the shores of Prairie Plague Pond?  I guess someone might as well get some use from it.  The U-Hauls are probably lonely by now.

• LOL 9
31 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

And pronouncing "quinoa" as "Joaquin." :)

Do we know if Garrison and Gabe are really parking the RV on the shores of Prairie Plague Pond?  I guess someone might as well get some use from it.  The U-Hauls are probably lonely by now.

Who would be able to stay away?  I mean the pool parties in the drainage ditch alone are enough to make anyone set down roots there.

• LOL 15
On 6/11/2021 at 12:36 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

We all see it. We all see it...

• LOL 11
  • Love 2