Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

On 7/17/2020 at 12:53 AM, suomi said:

She's a cute gal but I'm pretty much fed up with the arty-farty tryhard poses. (Not singling out the Browns, while turning on my hose and setting it to Turbo). 

Same.  I don't understand posting two or three pictures when pic #1 is a decent pose, followed by #2 and #3 which are stupidly similar but slightly different than pic #1.  I see the Kardashians do it all the time.  And for the record - yes, I am completely ashamed that I follow them on IG.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Same.  I don't understand posting two or three pictures when pic #1 is a decent pose, followed by #2 and #3 which are stupidly similar but slightly different than pic #1.  I see the Kardashians do it all the time.  And for the record - yes, I am completely ashamed that I follow them on IG.

#3 is to remind you how the Browns always step in dog-doo when posing for selfies and seem to be proud of it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 7/16/2020 at 12:41 AM, Teafortwo said:

Per Hunter's IG, which is set to private, he is entering a Master's of Science in Nursing program at Johns Hopkins (this is noted at the top of the page next to "USAF 2020" it says MSN Johns Hopkins 2022. I guess this means he will be a male nurse in the Air Force when he completes the degree. Not sure - I did not request to follow him. https://www.instagram.com/hunter_elias01/?hl=en

That is what it looks like. I guess he was home all summer.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Liddy52 said:

That really is quite an accomplishment for Hunter. 

Grew up in a culture without useful aspirations and ideals and rejected that limited mindset. All of the parents look smaller and smaller by the day. I wonder about their thoughts in the small, still moments. 

Oh well, the show must go on!

• Love 16
2 hours ago, toodles said:

What a wonderful young man.  I hope his family is very proud of him.

However, when Hunter got into the JHU Masters program in Nursing, I suspect Kootie had a stony expression similar to when Mariah came out.  Though it will probably be kids like Logan & Hunter supporting dear old dad in his dotage.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6

Janelle posted that Logan is about to graduate from UNLV from the MBA program. She said he worked hard and completed the program while working full time. 

COL I don't know how to copy the tweet. 

Janelle's boys are something to be very proud of!

• Love 13
49 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Janelle posted that Logan is about to graduate from UNLV from the MBA program. She said he worked hard and completed the program while working full time. 

COL I don't know how to copy the tweet. 

Janelle's boys are something to be very proud of!

No thanks to their sperm donor.  They certainly didn't get their work ethic from him, either.

• Love 12

Taking a look at the achievements of Janelle's three oldest children, who are out on their own.  Logan worked full time while earning his MBA.  Hunter will be working on his masters degree in nursing in a prestigious program.  And Maddie, well, Maddie was on national television TWICE, screaming in a bathtub, so that she could get a portion of the TV money and attention.  Kody must be relieved that he has at least one child he can relate to!!  

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, deirdra said:

Though it will probably be kids like Logan & Hunter supporting dear old dad in his dotage

I don't see them helping their dad after all the money he has wasted over the years.  Maybe help their mom.  Because I think not only her but her kids gave up a lot because their mom was helping to support other people.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Janelle isn’t exactly lighting the world on fire either. Are we sure Logan and Hunter weren’t just dropped off on her doorstep? 

To be honest, I think Christine had a lot of influence on these kids in the early years. But I also think the older kids we now see making great strides in life are putting their father in their rear view mirror, not a chance in hell they are going down that road.

• Love 16
10 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Janelle isn’t exactly lighting the world on fire either. Are we sure Logan and Hunter weren’t just dropped off on her doorstep? 

She's not now but she was the only breadwinner for a long time.  She not only supported the family, she used her retirement funds to buy homes. And she is the only one that had a college education.  So that might have been been some sort of influence.

• Love 14
17 hours ago, toodles said:

What a wonderful young man.  I hope his family is very proud of him.

Doesn't it make you wonder where these kids came from (the successful sensible ones), I know Logan practically raised some of them but where'd he get it? How does the crazy not rub onto these kids at some point. Many of them seem to be making their way as independent decent humans in mainstream society, especially the boys. Gives me some hope for a Duggar but not much. I kind of wonder if Kody not having anything monetary to offer these kids makes them less dependent, Jim Bob financially, in one way or another, controls many of his kids. mkaes me wonder.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, spacefly said:

Doesn't it make you wonder where these kids came from (the successful sensible ones), I know Logan practically raised some of them but where'd he get it? How does the crazy not rub onto these kids at some point. Many of them seem to be making their way as independent decent humans in mainstream society, especially the boys. Gives me some hope for a Duggar but not much. I kind of wonder if Kody not having anything monetary to offer these kids makes them less dependent, Jim Bob financially, in one way or another, controls many of his kids. mkaes me wonder.

I think the big difference between the Brown kids and the Duggars is that the kids were allowed and encouraged to be individuals. The Brown kids were not threatened with eternal damnation and isolation from the family if they dared step a toe out of line. I do believe that Janelle, Christine and Meri do have legit love and affection for all of the kids (I’m not throwing Robyn in there because she came in so late), and they did encourage and support the development of real interpersonal relationships between the siblings and other peers. 

Did they get it right all the time? No they didnt, did they make a lot of mistakes on camera? ABSOLUTELY, but I firmly believe Jenelle and Christine are genuinely proud of the adult kids and what they have done and not just how it reflects on them, the kids were always PEOPLE and that makes a world of difference in how they are able to thrive in the world. 

• Love 22

At 13 I ended up raising my two younger siblings, so I identify with Logan. My father was rarely home and treated our mother like dirt, putting her into a deep depression.  This was >50 years ago when alcohol and mother's-little-helper were how housewives dealt with depression. My older sister did nothing, so it fell on me to step up, doing it to help my mother mainly, because she didn't deserve her fate, and someone needed to get the kids fed, homework done, and off to school.  At that age it became clear to me that I needed to be able to support myself and not rely on others. I had practically no social life in high school as I worked hard to get good grades and scholarships to university and grad school, working half-time throughout.  My younger sibs & I all have all worked hard and done well in life, but our older sister has never been able to keep a job for longer than 6 months; it is always someone else's fault.  It could be in-grained personality differences, or following the role models rather than doing the complete opposite to achieve a better outcome.  Wasn't it one of Janelle's boys, who at the Robyn's pregnant-again party asked Kootie - what do you need another kid for?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

She's not now but she was the only breadwinner for a long time.  She not only supported the family, she used her retirement funds to buy homes. And she is the only one that had a college education.  So that might have been been some sort of influence.

I think Janelle misses the structure and maybe sense of accomplishment that she got at her job. She just seems like she’s lacking motivaton and energy now. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

I think Janelle misses the structure and maybe sense of accomplishment that she got at her job. She just seems like she’s lacking motivaton and energy now. 

Structure and sense of accomplishment is right, as well as a steady, reliable income.  Given that is was a government job, there would have been other perks such as a medical/dental plan as well as a retirement fund.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

At 13 I ended up raising my two younger siblings, so I identify with Logan. My father was rarely home and treated our mother like dirt, putting her into a deep depression.  This was >50 years ago when alcohol and mother's-little-helper were how housewives dealt with depression. My older sister did nothing, so it fell on me to step up, doing it to help my mother mainly, because she didn't deserve her fate, and someone needed to get the kids fed, homework done, and off to school.  At that age it became clear to me that I needed to be able to support myself and not rely on others. I had practically no social life in high school as I worked hard to get good grades and scholarships to university and grad school, working half-time throughout.  My younger sibs & I all have all worked hard and done well in life, but our older sister has never been able to keep a job for longer than 6 months; it is always someone else's fault.  It could be in-grained personality differences, or following the role models rather than doing the complete opposite to achieve a better outcome.  Wasn't it one of Janelle's boys, who at the Robyn's pregnant-again party asked Kootie - what do you need another kid for?

Yes, I recently rewatched the episode where Hunter stated in a couch sesh with his older siblings that the family did not, in fact, need any more kids.  He was met with some disbelief from Aspyn and Mariah, who were like - but you're still going to love him, right?  The really interesting part of this time period is how Hunter actually doted on baby Truely.  There were many instances of Hunter playing with Truely, carrying her around, etc.  And lest we forget, this was also the ep where Robyn - about 90 minutes post-birthing Sol - pouts that Hunter didn't seem at all interested in holding HRH The Crown Prince.  I always found Robyn's fixation on Hunter's feelings somewhat strange, but I don't rilly want to explore that too much.

And to bring this back around to the Kodester...I just watched Season 4 Episode 1, where Kody takes each wife on a date (this would be where he took ol' Mere skiing and she shredded her kneecap muscle).  Did you know that Kody SANG to Meri at their weddingk?  Indeed he did - in a flashback video of their reception, he warbled "Everything I Own" by Bread.  And he forgot the words.  Also?  He rilly can't sing.  Then he sang it again in a couch sesh while Meri giggled.  I thought briefly about hiding under my couch to shrink from the massive second-hand embarrassment I was experiencing.  It was brutal, but rewatching these old eps is quite the eye-opener, let me tell you.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Did you know that Kody SANG to Meri at their weddingk?  Indeed he did - in a flashback video of their reception, he warbled "Everything I Own" by Bread.  And he forgot the words.  Also?  He rilly can't sing.  Then he sang it again in a couch sesh while Meri giggled.  I thought briefly about hiding under my couch to shrink from the massive second-hand embarrassment I was experiencing.  It was brutal, but rewatching these old eps is quite the eye-opener, let me tell you.

Very interesting choice of song for Kody to sing at  their wedding, considering the lyrics express regret over love LOST.

Perhaps Kody had prescient power over what was to come... or more likely, he just thought it was a catchy tune, without even scanning the meaning of the song.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Yes, I recently rewatched the episode where Hunter stated in a couch sesh with his older siblings that the family did not, in fact, need any more kids.  He was met with some disbelief from Aspyn and Mariah, who were like - but you're still going to love him, right?  The really interesting part of this time period is how Hunter actually doted on baby Truely.  There were many instances of Hunter playing with Truely, carrying her around, etc.  And lest we forget, this was also the ep where Robyn - about 90 minutes post-birthing Sol - pouts that Hunter didn't seem at all interested in holding HRH The Crown Prince.  I always found Robyn's fixation on Hunter's feelings somewhat strange, but I don't rilly want to explore that too much.

I recently saw that episode, and I think that because the original 3 were all married to Kody before Logan was born, there was a trust and respect and love the kids had for the other two women that weren’t their bio mom that they were just never going to have with Robin.

Hunter had an emotional attachment to Christine AND his siblings who had Christine as a mom (which included Truely). Who is Robin?? She was an interloper in their family (as the kids saw it), and brought along three additional children with developed personalities that they had to deal with (like a more traditional step family). 

Yeah no they didn’t need more kids, but in any family the other children don’t really get a say in that, and Asypn and Mariah as the older girls were encouraged to take on more of a caregiver and peacekeeper role and help the middle/little kids adjust to Robyn. 

I know a lot of times half siblings and step siblings can be treated very poorly and parents work hard (if they care) to make sure there isn’t division in the home. 

• Love 5

As the mother of a Police Captain in a major CA Bay Area city, when someone says Blue lives don't matter. I am violently angry and at the same time terrified for my daughter's life!

I hope Kootie's head explodes, his kids are all over the map. He is probably hiding out at Robochin's till it all settles down/blows over.

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Teafortwo said:

Well, here is something I just discovered:  https://twitter.com/brown_gwendlyn

Gwendlyn Brown

@brown_gwendlyn

I’m your basic, average girl and I’m here to save the world BLACK LIVES MATTER • Raging Bisexual • she/her #settleforbiden2020

Flagstaff, AZJoined June 2020

I took a look. If that’s actually her account, she’s got quite the mouth.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I took a look. If that’s actually her account, she’s got quite the mouth.

Pretty sure that's her account. There is some discussion on reddit as well (not that that verifies it).

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Yes please, now please!

Admittedly, I'm a very elderly COL, but why can't they just quietly go about their sex lives as does 99.99% of the rest of the population?🤷‍♀️ Why does Gwen have to be a "raging bi-sexual" and Mariah defiantly gay.  This is 2020, not 1940.

• Love 18
21 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Admittedly, I'm a very elderly COL, but why can't they just quietly go about their sex lives as does 99.99% of the rest of the population?🤷‍♀️ Why does Gwen have to be a "raging bi-sexual" and Mariah defiantly gay.  This is 2020, not 1940.

I suppose it's a reaction the repressiveness of the fundie Mormon religion/lifestyle. 

I'm hoping that at least one of the boys comes out as gay too. That would be a tremendous blow to Kody, mores so than the girls. I can't think who, though, the boys all seem pretty straight.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

I suppose it's a reaction the repressiveness of the fundie Mormon religion/lifestyle. 

I'm hoping that at least one of the boys comes out as gay too. That would be a tremendous blow to Kody, mores so than the girls. I can't think who, though, the boys all seem pretty straight.

My guess is the boys are straight as can be having seen the pain their mothers went through and would never put a woman through that. The girls don't want to be subjected to a man, under his control as their mothers were, so they go the opposite route whether genetically or just by choice it is a sad circumstance. They all seem to be fighting for their own identity separate from the Brown Fambly circus.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I don't know how to copy tweets here so I'll just paraphrase:

Gwen tweeted in surprise how so many people "found her". So she changed her twitter name and dropped her last name so it is harder for people to find her. But she said they are welcome to stay.

Some one tweeted back to say that on SW subreddit it is very possible you are on people's radar and screenshots will end up there. Basically how people found her. Poster recommended completely starting over.

Guilty here, I found her from the screenshot here because of her post. I follow most of the fambly so was just adding her on. I won't post her new handle...exactly ...namegb  oops! 🙂

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Probably because they are members of an invisible minority; the general view is that "straight" is the default, and I suspect they don't want that assumed of them.  Therefore they tell people they are a minority (and are thus considered "in your face") instead of having people assume they are not.  It's considered an important part of visibility--for instance, even today people say bisexuals don't exist: if someone is with a same-sex partner they are gay, and if they are with an opposite-sex partner they are straight.  Which just ain't so.  Plus, when many people first come out it's all they want to talk about, in much the same way that people who join a particular religion (or have started a diet or stopped smoking or whatever) often can't seem to utter a sentence without throwing their membership in there somehow.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Plus, they also grew up with the influence of Kody "Excuse me while I go tell that fence post over there that I'VE GOT FOUR WIVES!" Brown.

Yeah, I have a lot of respect for the kids that overcame the "Kootie" influence and really made something of themselves. Then  there are the others who seem to invertingly/intentionally are playing a covert blame game...this caused me to be what I am and I'm mad but it isn't my fault. It seems it is more the middles in this category except for Princess Mariah, she is really the Princess after all.

I really feel for all these kids, the tensions they have lived with all their lives, the decisions each has had to make on the direction they want their lives to go, some really great, some confused/questionable. I only can pray the littles get out of this shit storm soon enough to be more like their oldest siblings. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I really feel for all these kids, the tensions they have lived with all their lives, the decisions each has had to make on the direction they want their lives to go, some really great, some confused/questionable.

I am most concerned about the ones who post all kinds of potentially explosive stuff on SM.  They (and, well, most young people these days) don't realize everything they post can come back to haunt them later in life.  Look at the crap that is being dug up in political races.  And potential employers have their HR department digging through that stuff now for applicants.  A single inflammatory or objectionable post could cost you a job.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I am most concerned about the ones who post all kinds of potentially explosive stuff on SM.  They (and, well, most young people these days) don't realize everything they post can come back to haunt them later in life.  Look at the crap that is being dug up in political races.  And potential employers have their HR department digging through that stuff now for applicants.  A single inflammatory or objectionable post could cost you a job.

Yeah, my employer says straight out that they comb social media for new applicants and there's even a "social media policy" which pertains to what you can say about the company. Although if you're posting risquè photos or pics of yourself intoxicated I'm guessing they wouldn't look too kindly on that. 

That said, we have a very active and strong LBGTQ contingent throughout the company worldwide. I have never seen anyone here feel the need to term themselves "raging" anything, but then again Gwen is still very young. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Plus, they also grew up with the influence of Kody "Excuse me while I go tell that fence post over there that I'VE GOT FOUR WIVES!" Brown.

And the sister who loves to say I was in labor for 92 hours and wait for the reactions.  Mykelti and her it's my day awfulness.  It's what this family does.

• Love 4
On 8/11/2020 at 5:13 PM, Teafortwo said:

Well, here is something I just discovered:  https://twitter.com/brown_gwendlyn

Gwendlyn Brown

@brown_gwendlyn

I’m your basic, average girl and I’m here to save the world BLACK LIVES MATTER • Raging Bisexual • she/her #settleforbiden2020

Flagstaff, AZJoined June 2020

What's a raging bisexual? Like, a really angry bisexual? A sexually-adventurous Godzilla?

• LOL 6

Although I’m no expert, because I’m just a boring heterosexual who doesn’t announce my sexuality as though it were my occupation, I believe that a “Raging Bisexual” is someone who rilly, rilly, rilly wants as much attention as her sister got for announcing to the world that she is not a plain vanilla/heterosexual.  I think now we are all suppose to ask her about it, or at least be warned that the barrage of woke, PC virtue signaling is on its way.  Oh boy!  I can hardly wait for the lecture series!  The question is, will Christine fawn all over the speshulness of her daughter like Meri did, or will she handle it differently?  Who knows?  Isn’t Gwendolyn getting close to the point when Christine kicks all of her kids out of the house?  I’ve lost track of ages and school situations.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
9 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Isn’t Gwendolyn getting close to the point when Christine kicks all of her kids out of the house?

Yes, she graduated from h.s. in June. However, I suspect that Christine has relaxed her policy due to the virus, which would see Gwen attending college online perhaps.

I also think that now she only has 3 at home and her own place far from the other families, that Christine would be more inclined to let the kids stay longer. It would be pretty lonely for Truely if both Gwen and next summer, Ysabel, leave.

• Love 8