Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Angela's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

How can Dr. Now believe anything she could say about sticking to the diet, doing what she needs to do to be successful?  While I understand things happen, it doesn't bode well for long term success when she has been eating past her previous surgery...what even comes after someone has had bypass.  She will not be in the coveted 5%.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

OMG. For fuck's sake, she was a drinking alcoholic, partying and binging and leaving the kids alone. Went to rehab, drank again, and ALL of this story is related in pretty much a whine. A LIFETIME of bad choices and addiction running the show. And this is the BEST they can do for her little niece? 

FYI I am an alcoholic. I got sober 32 years ago. I have heard it all, including "I love my kids. I'll do anything to get my kids back." Well, except maybe accumulate like a year or two of being clean and sober. (That wasn't me; I don't have kids. I did my best to be kind and patient with those walking the path of sobriety with me but OMG there were times I either bit my tongue or finally just 'splained a few basics the umpteeenth time somebody who'd been clean for like three days started in on how much she loved her kids and needed to get them back STAT.)

Amen, Jeeves!!!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

I know, I know, I know she's definitely an old ass lookin' 44.

Her face looks about 44. It's the ratty gray hair and the damaged body that looks so much older.

She's kind of whiny. "If I don't get help, just sign my death certificate." Dramatic! Girl, you are signing your own death certificate every time you shove chicken and cup cakes into your maw. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

To summarize: First of all, I hope no one stares at her in the airport. Second, Dr Now is her last chance. 3rd, she's going to die if he doesn't give her this chance. Four, she's sick of her body and wants to be able to get well to enjoy her time with her family, because she screwed things up in the past, and doesn't have that much time left.  Have I missed anything?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3

This one is having a real pity party. I get that these folks don’t want to be fat but why don’t any of them realize there’s a correlation between being fat and eating absolutely everything within (and beyond) arms reach!! 

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

I will probably wash it down with some alcohol because this afternoon has been crazy. 

Y'know, I've been contemplating ginger beer and rum the past couple days and I think you have convinced me.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Get the biggest cart they got? Aren't the carts pretty much standard in size? (Well, Wegmans has full size carts and smaller ones which I love because they hold a little more than a basket, but not too much, and they're a lot easier to maneuver.)

"If we don't have it...I get mad." Oh, boo hoo.

She doesn't want him to get one of those little carts they have for kids. 

Does she go yell at the manager if they don't have chocolate chocolate chip? Sheesh. 

2 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Well at least I didn’t see her eat any grapes or oranges, so there’s hope for her.

She probably has a stash of yogurt and sugar free jam.

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Splashes said:

Yay... spectrum has decided I no longer have access to tlc... [insert appropriate curse word] spectrum. 

I have spectrum too. I’m getting TLC but hate spectrum anyway!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

To summarize: First of all, I hope no one stares at her in the airport. Second, Dr Now is her last chance. 3rd, she's going to die if he doesn't give her this chance. Four, she's sick of her body and wants to be able to get well to enjoy her time with her family, because she screwed things up in the past, and doesn't have that much time left.  Have I missed anything?

She needs to write a letter to her father!

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Julyolo said:

And I hope she can handle the trip. She'll probably be in a lot of pain. And be so exhausted from the trip she'll just want to go to the hotel and eat. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 13
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

She is in constant pain

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, nytonc said:

I have spectrum too. I’m getting TLC but hate spectrum anyway!

Philo has it. Internet based tv for $16 a month. You need a firestick or you can watch it on phone or PC screen. 

• Love 1

I can't believe she is only 44, she looks like she is 60.

She wasn't nearly as heavy when she was young as most people we have seen this season.  She had pretty normal childhood/youth, too, and she sounds more articulate that most.   Pity she ate through her first weight loss surgery... her health is pretty awful too.

I am late joining the chat - my computer decided to do some updates this evening and didn't finish until a couple minutes ago.  My eating habit is Chicken Tinga bowl from Chopt.  Yum.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

So she had the surgery and THEN ate herself up this high?!  I don’t see this ending well.

Coupled with alcohol addiction...I don’t have high hopes for her. Plus, you’re kids get taken away and you’re charged with child endangerment, and your only action is a suicide attempt!? Not to disparage mental illness, but that’s a wake up call for most people. Not a check out and leave you’re kids with your mom who is supposedly so horrible. 

The whole time she’s shaking her head at her mom taking over for her her kids, being their mom, not going easy on her to drop charges, etc, I’m over her nodding my head saying good for mom, you were a raging alcoholic. You’re not the victim here. Take some goddamn responsibility for yourself!

• Love 19
6 minutes ago, cmpbl said:

Can you have gastric bypass twice?

Yup, I work with a woman that has TWO already and if she keeps the way she's going she'll be looking at number three.   First time she had the full bypass (not the sleeve procedure that Dr. Now usually does nowadays) and somehow she was able to get back up to over 400; time for #2 - again drastic weight loss, but she seems to be unable to control her "eating habit".  Definite candidate for Dr. Now.

This one - with her whining- no one wants to uproot their life and go to Texas with her sorry ass?  

• Love 5
Just now, CheeseBurgh said:

I’m still shook that she sat on that motorized cart without any underwear on.

There's no horrified emoticon reaction for that one but if there was, I would click it.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4