Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

After hearing what a nice guy Chevy Chase is I would love to see him retire to being one of those women's self-defense padded men. I think he could do a lot of good.

Bulletman%204.jpg

MSTLHK, i.e. Mystery Science Theatre: Little House + Kim

Kim and a guest talk all over reruns of Little House on the Prairie.  Sometimes the guest is a Previously.tv type, sometimes the guest is an actress from Little House.

Edit: I see I misheard the property being discussed. Oh well.

Edited by Fukui San

"Orphan Black-ish" is the story of Dre having to juggle his family with all his clone brothers.

"Star Trek Rebels" A brave and clever ragtag starship crew stands up against the evil Federation as it tightens its grip on the galaxy.

"Legends of Tomorrow People" a group of evolved British teens travel in time with their super computer named TIM, using their special powers to save all time.

1 hour ago, Michele said:

Quick question: I thought this was the third game time, with it being VG-1 TA-2 and SDB-0? Did I imagine that?

No. Allison (VG) won the first game of the season ('80s toy/cartoon properties). I won the second (subtract a letter from show titles). This was the third.

Love the ep, always good to have the Blankenship chair filled.

One note about moving Drag Race to Fridays. It sucks for viewers, but sucks the most for local queens. Friday is primetime for local drag, but now that Drag Race airs on Fridays, local queens have to host viewing parties instead of getting to do their own work.

Love the ep, always good to have the Blankenship chair filled.

One note about moving Drag Race to Fridays. It sucks for viewers, but sucks the most for local queens. Friday is primetime for local drag, but now that Drag Race airs on Fridays, local queens have to host viewing parties instead of getting to do their own work.

Dan, I hadn't considered how the move to Friday could actually hinder queens who are just trying to do their work. Excellent point.

17 hours ago, Monty said:

Sting and his magical lute represent the thing that still bugs me the most about Studio 60.

That’s swell, Tom. But your little brother is standing in the middle of Afghanistan!

On 3/23/2017 at 3:46 PM, Jesse said:

Tara -- John McWhorter has a Slate podcast about words and language, and he has a whole thing about how the emphasis shifts when something goes from being a descriptive phrase to being A Thing, just like what you noticed in the "after shave" commercial!  It's pretty interesting. (If you're a nerd like me?) You can hear the difference if you're talking about a board that's been painted black, a black board, versus a blackboard in a classroom.

Subbed to that just now. Thanks 

I insert a Ned Flanders' "diddly" into way too many sentences in conversation with way too many people who have no idea why.

I also go with, "It's always the one you least suspect" whenever I pull off a prank.

30 Rock: "I want to go to there" and "working on my night cheese" any time I eat cheese.

Arrested Development: "What a fun, sexy time for you" as spoken by George Michael and "Hey, brother", which I'll say to almost anyone (I don't have a brother). Sometimes I'll switch it out with "Hey, possible nephew."

Parks & Rec: Whenever my roommate says anything in Spanish-- "If you ever speak to me in Spanish, please use the formal 'usted'." And I frequently do Jean-Ralphio's raps from "The Fight". "R to the O to the N N N. I say Swanson's got swagger the size of Big Ben clock." Also, anytime I'm at all sick-- "Everything hurts and I'm dying." And when I'm feeling lazy-- "I don't want to do things. I want to not do things."

Just as well you had all the crossovers go from Scooby Doo to Buffy. If it went the other way, we'd get Buffy staking the vampire - only for Daphne to remove his mask and exclaim, "You just killed Mr Jones the Janitor! He was only trying to scare people off from the old Mansion!"

I would love to see Casting Directors get sung. Being able to take someone from living out of their car to making them world famous, but if the casting doesn't work the casting director could be fired. Could have an reoccurring character like George Clooney who is on their 9th failed pilot, but just seems to have "it". Also showing the process of casting for tv could explain to the public how an actor can get stuck in a terrible show that isn't what they had signed up for at all.

Ryan Murphy to make TV show out of NPR gameshow but make it his own: Wait Wait... Don't Kill Me!

Different Ryan Murphy regulars appear on a three person panel each week to answer questions about campy pop culture past and present. 

American Game Show Story: Liar's Club 

Two contestants have to figure out which of the celebrities (filled by Murphy's regulars) is telling the truth about an unusual object. 

Too many Johns this episode! Since I knew I was on it, every time I heard "John", I thought it was going to be me (and Game Time was set by a John too - AND had a John in it!).

Wow - rejected 4-0. Bummer.

5 minutes ago, J0nas3 said:

the sped up portion was intentional?

I wondered if my computer was screwing up again!

2 quick things:

1) When I was passing through (spending overnight in...don't ask) JFK airport last weekend I saw a bunch of Bosch signs, so Amazon was definitely hyping it up.  

2) Dave, that book title is fairly easy, actually. Say it A-Nancy Boys.

48 minutes ago, J0nas3 said:

2) Dave, that book title is fairly easy, actually. Say it A-Nancy Boys.

I just couldn't remember what it was called, been awhile. My mind wanted to go to Anasazi Boys. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"13 Reasons Why" is very good - and given the difficulty of the subject matter, it's kind of a tiny miracle they they pulled it off. I can't remember the last time I saw this much thorough and thoughtful character development for such a wide range of characters in such a short run. Detailed and affecting throughout.

• Love 1