Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

51 minutes ago, kmc076 said:

So...I just went into IMDB and the top result Betty that came up WAS Betty White (so Tara was right!). JUSTICE FOR TARA!

But the property was a movie so that's why it wasn't the answer.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, David T. Cole said:

But the property was a movie so that's why it wasn't the answer.

But Betty Buckley's property in the search completions is the movie Split. Also, Brenda Song comes up for me with Suite Life of Zach and Cody, but maybe I don't understand the rules. Fun game anyway, I actually did pretty well!

ETA: I realized that this game may have been put together months ago and the search algorithms have changed, so I apologize for seeming critical.

Edited by vendredi3
Add more info

Great episode! I listened to this one at work with headphones on and kept making confused-puppy faces during the Anne of Green Gables remake discussion -- especially Tara's first, emphatic "Anne". My seatmate definitely gave me a side-eye, I'm 90% sure. 

I think I should check out the remake, or the original show, or at the very least read the book. People are always scandalized that an "Anne with an e" hasn't, but it was a blindspot in my childhood for whatever reason.

It's always interesting when the panel goes against fan opinion in a canon submission -- I'm sure "In the Pale Moonlight" would come out number one in a DS9 Top 10 aggregator (even the Hollywood Reporter recently put it at number one). I agree with pretty much everything the panel said, but I tend to be a "best episode" contrarian, especially where Trek is concerned.

18 hours ago, Dave in Chicago said:

"13 Reasons Why" is very good - and given the difficulty of the subject matter, it's kind of a tiny miracle they they pulled it off. I can't remember the last time I saw this much thorough and thoughtful character development for such a wide range of characters in such a short run. Detailed and affecting throughout.

It really is.  The pace starts to drag for a couple of episodes in the middle, but it finishes strong.   Crushing. 

• Love 1

I have to raise my hand as another American who loves Anne of Green Gables I was a bookish little girl in the 80s and Anne spoke to my soul. If I was at home and not at work, I'd take a picture of my shelf of well-loved Lucy Maud Montgomery books, who I found because of the Megan Follows miniseries.

I agree, there is NO REASON to remake this.

It's been years since I watched any DS9 and I never twigged to Ferengi=Space Jews until Dave mentioned it, and then like scales falling from my eyes, that's all I see now. And it makes total sense. Even The Rules of Acquisition are Talmudic.

• Love 2
(edited)

"He took it out" from Seinfeld is a perennial favorite in my house. We find ways to work it into the conversation, although thankfully, we don't experience the actual "taking it out" phenomenon very much in everyday life.  My husband and I also use "Tippytoe! Tippytoe!" as an emergency code word, and sometimes we use this exchange: "How can this be?"  "Oh, it be."

Thanks to Arrested Development, when I want to imply that one of my adult kids is neglecting me, I say "Suddenly someone is too much of a big shot to brush Mother's hair."  And this one isn't verbal, but my daughter the actress does a KILLER impression of Lucille Bluth winking while sipping a drink.

Edited by Portia

I loved Dave's hints and also really appreciated Sandra Oh, especially when he muttered under his breath, "Oh, is it?" Gold.

And I thought every American girl of the 80s read and loved Anne of Green Gables. What else were we going to do after Little House?

Countless lines from the West Wing go on the list for me, unsurprisingly. "have you fallen down and hit your head on something hard" "it's going to be an unbearable day", etc. When someone says something was an accident, I often respond with "did you trip over something?"

Lately, since our newest employee is named Ted, I've had a lot of trouble not introducing him to people with "Haaaaaaave you met Ted?" Such a specific line from How I Met Your Mother, I never thought I'd have so many chances to employ it! Also my friends and I often use "Lawyered" in conversation, which we've converted at times into "Scienced."

I've been saying "There are 4 lights" a lot lately in response to the news.

After this week's canon, I was wondering what the oldest Canon Submission currently is? I'd guess the I Love Lucy episode would be older, but is there anything in the Canon older than that?

Loved the fact that you ended on a simultaneously American (Souza's Liberty Bell March...) and British (...which is also the Monty Python theme) note!

A big yes to Patriot, it is wonderful. So weird, and dry, and charming. For example, there's a plot point that hinges on the main character's online arguments about Willie Nelson's version of Pancho and Lefty.

Ziggy wasn't Dean Stockwell: he was the Artificial Intelligence* that ran the Quantum Leap computer ("Ziggy says there's a 92% probability that finding the murderer will result in you leaping out" or whatever). Tara's choice was between three computer controlled entities, essentially, not two computers & a human. [Dean's QL character was called Al(bert Calavicci).]

* Well, I don't think it was exactly established what Ziggy was, as we never see him/it, but it seemed to be some sort of computer.

Edited by John Potts
  • Love 1

WHAAAAAAAAT?  You omitted the one clip that I was burning to have identified . . . and the one that appears in literally every EHG episode! What's the source of the witchy-sounding "We're listening . . . ah-ha-ha . . ." that you always play at the end? 

2 hours ago, Portia said:

WHAAAAAAAAT?  You omitted the one clip that I was burning to have identified . . . and the one that appears in literally every EHG episode! What's the source of the witchy-sounding "We're listening . . . ah-ha-ha . . ." that you always play at the end?