Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

"THE COSBY SHOW" is now a true crime series, each episode an accusers recounts their story. Currently the series is planned for 59 episodes (so far). The series will take place from 1965-2005 all over America (New York, LA, Los Vegas, Philadelphia, Texas, Chicago, etc.) Hopefully, by the end of the series there will be extra episodes for the trial.

Should he be found guilty, a spin off series "A Different World" is set to go into production. Showing what it's like to be famous geriatric prisoner.

• Love 1
  • Happy Endings: The Next Generation - an update of the original; for years to come fans argue over who was the better "Penny," Casey Wilson or the Shakespearean actor that plays her in TNG
  • Happy Endings: Deep South Nine - pitched to the network as "Happy Endings meets Designing Women" many fans were upset with the changes to the basic Happy Endings tropes but the smartest fans agree this was the best show; on the other hand writer Ronald D. Moore feels frustrated by not being able to change the show enough and eventually goes on to do a gritty re-imagining of Three's Company
  • Happy Endings: Voyaging - to appease fans this show was created with the same structure of "six friends from Chicago;" in the first episode they join a reality show called Voyaging which has them driving Max's limo from Siberia to Lisbon
  • Happy Endings: Endingprise - a prequel that goes on long enough to fuck with everyone's sense of continuity within the Happy Endings Extended Universe (HEEU); @David T. Cole gets a kick out of the fact that one actor's last name rhymes with Frankenstein instead of Dracula 
  • Happy Endings: Discovery - only time will tell... 
  • Love 1

I would love if the world bent to my will and Pushing Daisies, Firefly, and Agent Carter are all dominating whatever passes for TV in 2067. But I have to go with Avatar: The last Airbender/The Legend of Korra. The series has a rich universe that can generate new series so easily that it could be a D&D campaign. Shy girl from the Fire nation set in the past, or cocky boy from the Earth Kingdom set in "the future", etc.

Can the Battlestar Galactica reunion be hosted by a Cylon from the original series? I think the robotic monotone would add a lot of value to questions like "DO YOU WANT TO WATCH A MONTAGE OF YOURSELF LAUGHING WEIRDLY?{"

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Monty said:

Can the Battlestar Galactica reunion be hosted by a Cylon from the original series? I think the robotic monotone would add a lot of value to questions like "DO YOU WANT TO WATCH A MONTAGE OF YOURSELF LAUGHING WEIRDLY?{"

OMG yes please.

I'd like to see a funeral themed episode/series. The opportunities for tasteless puns ("This is our top URN-er" "For better ash, we need the cash!" etc.) would be endless!

The restraint you just showed for not making a "You're dead to me!" joke is admirable.

I would love to see Archer do this, especially as a post series special. The characters have the right mix of tawdry past and catty personalities. As far as a host I can't think of a better one than Aisha Tyler.

Edited by Kip

Thanks EHG team for doing my Mini-Reco! And thanks to the commentators for identifying the "We're Listening", that was the main one I was curious about (I had somehow convinced myself it was Kristin Chenoweth)

On 15/04/2017 at 3:54 AM, jima said:

Oh, and the "SORRY" from the Caramilk ad!

Thank you! I've always wondered about that one.

Also, I thought the 'We're listening' soundbite was Witchy Poo from H.R. Pufnstuf. Glad to be set right!

I've been binge-watching Unsolved Mysteries since Amazon started adding the OG seasons. The show originally aired when I was a kid and all I really remembered about it were the stories about murderers and ghosts, but I have to say, watching it as an adult, the episodes are a lot sadder than I remembered. There are a lot of stories about Depression-era families torn apart after one of the parents dies, children who survived the Holocaust and want to thank American soldiers who were kind to them, and immigrants and/or teen girls who were forced to give their babies up for adoption. Rewatching the episodes, I've learned that social services in the first half of the 1900's was monstrous and, on a much lighter note, there was no crime that people in the 1980's wouldn't blame on satanists.

• Love 1

They may have been terrible actors; I'll take your word for it. But Christopher Mayer was how I figured out I was gay (don't tell Marc Singer's Beastmaster I said that). None of the other Dukes did it for me.

I just want to say I've always been a big fan of the Forcening, going back to Mark 1. Since y'all seem to be pushing to expand your podcast offerings, I think this one is worth putting on the regular rotation. I could listen to the three of you "force" each other all day every day, but to keep your sanity you could do it as a rotating guests sort of thing. Just a thought!

Edited by Stowaway

I've been waiting all week (since Tara tweeted about watching the episode) for the Nonac, and it did not disappoint. Solid episode choice and presentation! Of course, the Nonac theme is always a complete and ridiculous delight.

I was shocked at how many of those 1-second theme songs I recognized. I know those songs on a molecular level.
The one I drew a total, not-even-a-single-guess blank on: 90210. O_o

On 15/04/2017 at 2:16 AM, Kerfuffler said:

I always thought that it was Sarah doing the "Yeah" and "Nope" from winner and loser of the week! AND I thought it was Tara singing "hot po-tah-to!"

I also thought it was Tara doing Hot Po Tah To.    Sorry Tara--I'm sure your singing voice is lovely.  

OK, this is obscure to the point of ridiculousness, but I would love to see miniseries or limited series about German developmental biologists in the 1920s and 30s, specifically people in Hans Spemann's lab.

* They're doing SUPER-CREEPY but really interesting and ultimately important experiments (creating conjoined-twin embryos, trying to get fish to turn inside out),
* They're Jews (e.g. Salome Glueckson-Waelsch) and Nazis (Otto Mangold) in Weimar Germany
* They're women getting undermined and assigned shit work (the aforementioned Gluecksohn-Waelsch and Hilde Mangold) by the openly misogynistic Spemann; Spemann ends up getting a Nobel Prize for work mostly done by Hilde Mangold who
* Died in a gas boiler explosion at age 25, which is usually described as an accident but which Gluecksohn-Waelsch said was suicide and iirc one of my college professors (a historian of science) thought was murder, though I don't remember who was supposed to be the murderer (she had lots of other good stories about these people too, and how they were all having creepy affairs with each other and having illegitimate children with each other and stuff).

Actually it could be a great anthology series of women scientists getting treated like shit, dying young, and then men getting the Nobel Prize for their work. Next up, Watson/Crick/Franklin!

Edited by mskyle
1 hour ago, mskyle said:

Actually it could be a great anthology series of women scientists getting treated like shit, dying young, and then men getting the Nobel Prize for their work. Next up, Watson/Crick/Franklin!

You could add Marie Curie, though despite dying young, she was awarded the Nobel Prize (twice) and had two elements named in her honour (Curium & Polonium). But still, worth acknowledging.

One other citation needed that I think you may have missed, and pardon me if I'm wrong, is #17 the spread eagle. This has totally infected my brain and I can't hear someone say 17 without saying "the spread eagle" in my head and usually it's in Bebe Neworth's voice. So for those who aren't musical theater fans it might be helpful.

I'm so old. I got every one of those game times right (except that Canadian show you all watched) and most of them on the 1 second clip - with the exception of All in the Family. Oy.

I would like to see a BBC mini series on Rosalind Franklin, whose work seems to have won Nobel Prizes for everyone but her. I would cast Lara Pulver (Irene Adler from Sherlock) as Franklin.

From Wikipedia:
Rosalind Elsie Franklin (25 July 1920 – 16 April 1958[1]) was an English chemist and X-ray crystallographer who made contributions to the understanding of the molecular structures of DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid), RNA (ribonucleic acid), viruses, coal, and graphite.[2] Although her works on coal and viruses were appreciated in her lifetime, her contributions to the discovery of the structure of DNA were largely recognised posthumously.