Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

I don't generally have a huge hate on for tv actors, at least not in compared to my loathing of Mark Wahlberg. Bucket of expired vanilla yogurt Brett Dalton has been a drag on every episode of Agents of Shield he's been in, and I was thrilled when the finally murdered him for real (for the what 3rd or 4th time, damn he must really be a nice guy for them to keep bringing him back, despite the suck). If I was to see he had been cast in something, I would not watch, but if it was Star Wars: Underworld (the long rumored live action SW series, about the criminal underworld starring Boba Fett), and even if he was Boba Fett, I not hesitate to watch. Otherwise unless it is in a sears catalogue trying to sell me a shirt, I don't want to see him... and he's back on Shield again. Damn it.

(edited)

Just Walking Dead - When the pre-school is over run by baby zombies, all our WD regulars re-imagined as toddlers. Michonne has two crawlers on strings tied to their pacifiers, they aren't dangerous as they hadn't started teething yet.

Gilmore Girls - Set in a nebulous point in the first 3 season (Rory still in high school), in the show Luke's Super Coffee acts as a cross between Popeye's spinach and Gummiberry Juice (Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears) and is used to fix whatever physical problem they are having (cleaning up before Emily comes over, or reading a whole book in one sitting). There is also a evil corporate inn trying to put  the Independence Inn out of business.

Justified - Space Marshal Raylan Givens has been sent back to Starlin County, on the planet New Kentucky. Raylan once dug coalanite, one of the most dangerous jobs in the universe, and now his arch nemesis crime boss Boyd Crowder, an man he once dug coalanite with.  Raylan and the Space Marshals have to bring justice to New Kentucky!

Edited by Kip
added to post

In spite of not being allowed to watch most of these cartoons or own the toys during my 80s childhood, I did pretty well on this Game Time. TAKE THAT MOM AND DAD!

Really disappointed that Hugs and Tugs, the baby Care Bears and arguably the most inappropriately-named characters on any children's cartoon, didn't make it into Game Time. Also, when I looked Hugs and Tugs up to make sure I hadn't imagined them, I learned that there was an episode called "A Day Without Tugs." Filth! And yet my parents did let us have Care Bears.

Every time I see one of those bro-y pictures of Paul Ryan & his backwards baseball hat at the gym, I think it's a Ken Marino character. EVERY TIME. So I think there's a real opportunity there.

I think that the Muppets are the way to go.

• Tex Richman (Chris Cooper) ... Donald Trump
  • Animal ... Bernie Sanders
  • Miss Piggy .... Hilary Clinton
  • Link Hogthrob ... Bill Clinton
  • Camilla the Chicken ... Jill Stein
  • George the Janitor .... Gary Johnson
  • Beaker ... Paul Ryan
  • Crazy Harry ... Ted Cruz
  • Chip ... Donald Trump Jr and Eric Trump
  • '80s Robot ... Baron Trump
  • Janice .... Huma Abedin
  • The Great Gonzo ... Anthony Weiner
  • Fozzie Bear ... Ken Bone
  • Dr. Bunson Honeydew ... Jeb
  • Beauregard  ... Ben Carson
  • Sweetums ... Chris Christie
  • Uncle Deadly … Steve Bannon
  • Statler & Waldorf … The Voters
  • Sam Eagle … Barack Obama
Edited by Kip
Added

Just as a warning: if you watch the Blu-Ray version of the flashback scene discussed in The Doctor is Sin, there is no black box covering Dr. Jonas Venture's penis. It really is just flopping there until it transforms into Killinger (man, this sentence needs context).

Edited by wales260
20 hours ago, wales260 said:

Just as a warning: if you watch the Blu-Ray version of the flashback scene discussed in The Doctor is Sin, there is no black box covering Dr. Jonas Venture's penis. It really is just flopping there until it transforms into Killinger (man, this sentence needs context).

Thank you! I really thought I saw an uncensored version at some point (I did have the DVDs a long time ago) but then convinced myself I imagined it.

Spike and Dru 4ever
Animated by studio Mir (Legend of Korra).

Spike and Dru murder their way through the 19th and 20th century. All the stories take place before arriving in Sunnydale. When Spike and Dru got bored with the olds (Angelus and Darla) find out who they sire to keep themselves entertained, see the great adventures when Spike killed 2 slayers (that's Spike 2, Slayer 0), and see what was it like dealing with a guy who calls himself "The Master" (it's not easy, I promise you).

I would like to see Daniel Craig in "The Umbrella Academy" TV show, based on the trippy comic by Gerard Way (yep, from My Chemical Romance). I had no idea who Way was (and really still don't as far as music), but he is an amazing comic writer. Craig would play Spaceboy (Luther Hargreeves), who is the stoic leader of the Umbrella Academy, who's head has been transplanted on a part mechanical/mostly ape body

.afe09968f0cfece8d70b626baa8e6421_l.jpg

Edited by Kip
added picture

I realize that I'm inured to the rhythms of the sitcoms of today, and maybe studio audiences in the '80s laughed at everything, but MAN, was that GG laugh track heavy handed.  

Great game time.

I liked the canon submission. The conversations between the ladies were truly the best part of the show.

I feel like we missed the chance of having Sarah do a marathon diary for Happy Endings but she's got enough on her plate with what I feel is now 3 different podcasts? I'm listening to at least 3. And I can't wait for the Little House podcast. You guys are making my commute easier.

Tara -- John McWhorter has a Slate podcast about words and language, and he has a whole thing about how the emphasis shifts when something goes from being a descriptive phrase to being A Thing, just like what you noticed in the "after shave" commercial!  It's pretty interesting. (If you're a nerd like me?) You can hear the difference if you're talking about a board that's been painted black, a black board, versus a blackboard in a classroom.

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

Tara -- John McWhorter has a Slate podcast about words and language, and he has a whole thing about how the emphasis shifts when something goes from being a descriptive phrase to being A Thing, just like what you noticed in the "after shave" commercial!  It's pretty interesting. (If you're a nerd like me?) You can hear the difference if you're talking about a board that's been painted black, a black board, versus a blackboard in a classroom.

Jesse, I thought the same thing when Tara mentioned the weird emphasis in the old ad! John McWhorter is like a god to me, and I love Lexicon Valley nearly as much as I love Extra Hot Great, which is saying a lot.

21 hours ago, Jesse said:

Thank you for mentioning this! I will definitely be looking it up.