Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

Benedict Cumberbatch and Benedict Wong, who I just discovered are in Doctor Strange together, so that movie has cornered the market on Benedicts.

Hugh Bonneville and Hugh Laurie, as I would have twice as much trouble pronouncing their first name correctly.

Orlando Jones and Orlando Bloom.  Ideally that season is set in Florida.

• Love 1

My first thought was Jessica St. Clair and Jessica Chaffin, who are friends anyway. They have been on Womp It Up! and Ronna & Beverly together, and have really good chemistry. Then Lennon Parham and Jamie Denbo can sub in like the fake Bo & Luke Duke for an episode.

Since she drank a lot of wine on Cougar Town, I'll start with Courtney Cox. That limits my options considerably, but thanks to RuPaul's Drag Race, I'm pretty sure that Courtney Act needs to be on television anyway. I'd watch that show.

• Love 2

Jon Hamm and Jon Stewart: hilarity and handsomeness. (Well, except that Jon Hamm has problems with alcohol.)

John Noble and John Slattery strike me as another couple of Johns who would be terrifically entertaining together.

Edited by purist

I think I stumbled onto Doctor Who (the original run) between 5-7, Tom Baker's adventures were a bit too scary for me at points. The sting sound at the cliffhanger does something too my heart. I rewatched the series a couple of years ago (for the 50ths), and was really surprised how well it held up. I quickly lost patience with the historical episodes, from the era that they thought they would teach the kids about history. The occasional give war a chance message written by people who had been through WWII and really wanted the kids to know you have to flight evil. I love, love, love, what huge dicks the Daleks are! Which is something the new series has sadly lost, you could alway count on them going out of their way to be capital E Evil.

The thing I missed the most from the original series is the format usually four to six 25 minute episodes per story, rather than the current 45-50 minute single story episodes. Which granted required a lot of running around, being captured, escaping, and special effects that required imagination to figure out what is happing, all of which are features not defects.

This was totally how I need my Tuesday to start!

Mr. Actionmage and I really enjoyed Game Time and he even got some I had blanks on. The Tie-breaker was wonderful, even if I missed the first name.

I can, and yet cannot, believe CBS is going to the true crime anthology well more, as it already has 48 Hours, CBS' version of Dateline. They get to save on stationary and just blend the higher-profile true crimes into the regular folks' crime and no one will really notice, except the PR Department. Right?

I remember Tickle ( thank you!), but have thankfully forgotten that ad. 

With CBS taking on Jon Benet Ramsey and NBC doing the Menendez Brothers, I hope Ryan Murphy is just blindly buying up story rights to bank for future seasons, just in case. Find all the Amy Fisher books you can! What's Manti Te'o's asking price? How many years until we're nostalgic for the Heene balloon boy hoax?

Bruce Campbell (Ash vs Evil Dead) and Bruce Timm (Creator of Batman: The Animated Series). I'm pretty sure this would get pretty old quickly for Timm, which create pretty great dinner drama, as we see if Campbell can keep him amused or not.

I also loved game time even though my brain was not cooperating.

I feel I would've voted that "I Love Lucy" episode in since it was so iconic and as you said, created that TV trope.

That Tickle ad was something else. I also really enjoyed all of Liv's edited together comments. Haha.

Lastly, I'm glad Greek is coming back. I always liked that show and felt bad it didn't become a bigger hit. Pretty Little Liars and Switched at Birth showed up at the end of its run and caught on. Chasing Life and the Fosters also shared in that wave of success. It seemed to just miss the boat.

• Love 1

(Pauses podcast)<br />(Googles "Kate Middleton coloring book")<br />Damn it, Ariano. Now I want that.

Warning: she wears a lot of monochromatic looks, so you're going to have to make your own fun with colour-blocking and ombre and the like.

• Love 2

Shockingly, both of Lucy and Desi's children are still alive.

Supplementary Winner of the Week: Gabrielle Carteris, who apparently beat Sarah Paulson in the election to become the new President of Acting.

• Love 1

"Warning: she wears a lot of monochromatic looks, so you're going to have to make your own fun with colour-blocking and ombre and the like."<br /><br />As the owner of a fashion design drawing/coloring book meant for children, challenge accepted. (It is called Designer Doodles and it is legit fun.)

Oooh, how about D.B. Sweeney, Dermot Mulroney, and Dylan McDermott? I know their names are all different, but damned if many of us don't confuse them. "Well, Dermot.." "I'm D.B." "You are?" " Yeah, I'm Dermot." "Oh, sorry Dylan" "That's you."

I too googled Kate Middleton coloring book in the midst of the podcast. Thanks for that.

Also, I'd like to suggest "Sugar High: Liv, the Lost Episodes and Outtakes" if you're ever short a mini.

• Love 1

Grandparents Day-isode:  Having an equally badass grandparent show up on Arrow could be fun. Or on iZombie ( maybe Ravi or Major's relative(s)?)  Life In Pieces seems like a logical place to do so-- having an annual dinner and the shenanigans around doing so.

Pet Day: Whether or not the characters actually bring home a new friend, getting  the message out that there are thousands of perfectly fine animals that need forever homes is still needed. The characters, not unlike Joan Watson and her giving old clothes to the homeless, could be seen giving older blankets and towels to a local shelter or rescue. Speaking of Ms. Watson, a Clyde-centric mystery would probably be welcomed on Elementary. (Clyde being their turtle/ tortoise roomie.)

For an older TV wedding, I think I like The Brady Bunch's wedding of Carol and Mike. Yeah, it's a bit too much chaos, but it was two adults that loved each other and wanted the best for all involved.

I would like to see something like Secretaries Day (or rather, Executive Assistants Day) though I HAVE actually seen that on TV (I forget where). But really it should be something for those who go unnoticed, so I'd like to see "Janitors' Day" or "Cashiers' Day" - so TV Writers can feel they're giving them a moment in the sun and go back to abusing them the rest of the time!

• Love 1

Bumping up, as we are getting to finale season.

As to which show I think should have ended one season earlier?

I say that Sleepy Hollow could have ended after S2. We had:

*Defeated foes from S1 ( Moloch and War were dealt with by the season's end.)

*a divisive character was removed.

*Our Heroes were healthy and together, as well as hopeful about the future.

That's all I needed at that point: all my heroes together and a team.  The break would have been cleaner and the last we saw of the cast, on-screen, was hopeful going forward.  And while I'm not immune to an argument for S1-and-done, I liked having Orlando Jones on TV. ( And would like to see him there again!)

The moment I saw I Love Lucy in the episode description, I was already disappointed because I love that show and I couldn't imagine the regular crew liking it much. Sarah made a good point about whether a less-well-known episode might do better, though. I could see episodes from either of the two great "road trip" arcs (LA or Europe) playing a little better. They tend to have a little less of the "everything is setup for one big slapstick set piece and/or musical number" structure, and a lot less of the war of the sexes stuff.

• Love 1

I'm Gonna Hire A Wino To Decorate Our Home (by David Frizzell):

Option A: Regular folks get drunk celebrities to redo a room or two.

Option B: A divorcee comes to inherit her ex's bar; she decides against selling it and moves her family upstairs. (A little Moonlighting- with the inheriting- and a little Cheers- with the bar/workplace comedy.)

Another Madonna inspired one: Frozen. Eight celebrities (in dire need of the publicity) are put into a walk in freezer. Last one to leave gets the contract to host the next Season! (Though working out the legal waivers over catching hypothermia might be a problem)

Chinese people have recently celebrated what translates to Tomb Sweeping Day, in which we visit the gravesites of our deceased ancestors in the spring, burn incense and replicas of money (which sometimes say "Hell Bank Note") to send to our beloved grandmas and grandpas, lay out food and pour some wine on the grave.  I'd expect this to be a clip show for Fresh Off the Boat if it lasts long enough.

Edited by Fukui San
  • Love 1

Let's make Snow Day an official holiday, just so we can have "winter" episodes that aren't Christmas specials.

YES! Snow Day is an official holiday in my house. It's where you drink Bailey's Irish Creme even though you normally don't, and you don't get dressed until the driveway is clear and you maybe watch an entire season or two of some show on Netflix... Snow Day is a better holiday than Christmas. 

Plus, Snow Days are also kind of like Blackouts IRL, at least in my small town, so they could use them in that function too... everyone's stuck somewhere, bottle episode type stuff... or just goofy fun stuff. Snow is the best. (When you don't have to go to work and it's TV so they don't!) 

• Love 1

Victoria Day aka May 24 weekend (Canadian long weekend holiday) - Every show with a young cast should take a episode where the gang heads to cottage country and has a good time. Rando romances can come and go, then when they get back left figuring out if it was serious or not. Monster of the week shows can run into a Wendigo, or ogopogo, or Loup- Garou.

• Love 1

"I Never Loved You Anyway" - The Corrs

An anti-romantic comedy which bounces between post break up and back when she was in a longer term unhappy relationship. Post break up he has quickly moved on to some other poor girl, and while she is still really angry about the relationship, and is subjected to updates on her boyfriend on social media (he has become a reality star). As the series continues we see her life improve as in comparison to the flashback.

I see it rebooted with:

*Tamlyn Tomita and Michelle Hurd as the Ms. Drummonds ( I see both as high-powered working moms. Both widowed and sans kids; met at recovery group.)

*Colton Haynes as Ed Garrett, P.A. and wrangler of the youngest Drummond (because noice)

*Booboo Stewart (Descendants)can be recurring as Kim Drummond, an older "child" they adopted from the foster system

*Neel Sethi (Mowgli, The Jungle Book) as Neel Willis, the older of the two new arrivals.

*Leah Jeffries (Lola, Empire) as Arnelle Jackson

*Beth Litteford as Tamilyn's work PA

*Todd Bridges as Michelle's brother-in-law/ co-worker

Yes, they still live in Manhattan, too; with curving staircases.

Edited by Actionmage