Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

I'd like to see some seriously evil Fae - the sort that steal babies, seduce mortals and then forget about them until their grandchildren discover them wondering mindless fifty years later, make crocked deals that really backfire on the people who take them up... that sort of stuff. That is, fairy tales when they were still scary, as opposed to things you can make a Disney movie out of.

• Love 1

What was the answer that was about jazz and Masters of Sex? I relistened several times but it just sounded like Sarah said Masters of Sex, which isn't a letter off the original. What am I missing?

3 hours ago, Juneaucat said:

What was the answer that was about jazz and Masters of Sex? I relistened several times but it just sounded like Sarah said Masters of Sex, which isn't a letter off the original. What am I missing?

I'm presume (without relistening) it was "Masters of Sax"

• Love 2
(edited)

Kaiju
I would love to see a giant monster TV show, and see just how screw is humanity when these creatures start leveling cities.

Edited by Kip
(edited)

Sydney Bristow, Marcus Dixon, Marshall Flinkman, and Carrie Bowman are having a lan party playing Goldeneye: Source, Marshall is destroying them.

Edited by Kip
Didn't get the question till listening to the podcast
  • Love 1

Oliver and Thea Queen (Arrow)-- Pin The Tail on the Donkey.  Because they are competitive siblings, this could be funny.

Al Swearingen and the saloon girls ( Deadwood)-- True American; On a night in,  when Al is feeling magnanimous or he'd charge the ladies half price for the booze needed.

Felix Unger ( The Odd Couple/2016)-- The Sims; It helps Felix to have a SimOscar who actually cleans up after himself, as well as Felix being able to micromange Sim versions of his friends' lives.

Matt Murdock ( Daredevil)-- The Who's Tommy Pinball Wizard.  He could have it as a private joke in his loft or it could be at Josie's and he'd probably win bar bets on it.

Pre-Emptive Winner of the Week: American audiences, who are getting the Eurovision Song Contest final aired live on Logo.

Pre-Emptive Loser of the Week: American audiences, who are getting the Eurovision Song Contest final aired live on Logo.

• Love 2

Succubi seems like it's the sort of thing that turns up a fair bit as a Monster of the Week on shows like The X-Files and Supernatural.

I also support a gargoyle show, but my actual suggestion is Floomphy the Clumsy Poltergeist.

• Love 3
(edited)

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy WAS made by the BBC:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080297/ as was its sequel, Smiley's People. Alec Guiness played George Smiley in both.

Maggie Simpson also spoke in one of the Halloween episodes where she was (I think) voiced by whoever voiced Kang (or maybe Kotos) - possibly James Earl Jones? - it was the episode Guest Starring  Jerry Springer.

Edited by John Potts
  • Love 2

Great podcast as always, guys!

To Tara's point about "The Good Wife" finale, I feel like I read in one of the interviews the Kings did that the slap was real, that Marguiles told Baranski to really hit her to get the real emotional reaction.

For some reason, I love that Seafood Platter Sarah D. Bunting was not serving fish.

Jodie Foster played Maggie in "Four Great Women and a Manicure", a terrible episode from late in that 20th anniversary season that was basically one of those "let's put them in dressups and tell a bunch of short stories" Treehouse of Horror knockoffs, this time with a vague theme of "women" despite Maggie's story being a parody of Ayn Rand's "The Fountainhead". (James Earl Jones has never actually won a proper Oscar, although he did get one of those honorary pity Oscars in 2011.)

One of the more culturally aspiring networks might try to portray the War of the Romantics of the late 19th Century. In a wonderfully bitchy comment,  Wagner accused Brahms of using a "Bohemian Sparrow slaying bow" to spear passing cats and then "eagerly listening to their expiring groans and carefully jotting them down". Brahms responded with the similarly catty (pardon the pun) "The evil only starts when one attempts to compose better than one can." Performances were met with hissing by rivals... it was a gloriously bitchy in a way you'd think only high school teens could manage.

• Love 2

Mark Twain started out as a friend of Bret Harte (the old-timey Western author, not the wrestler) but they became enemies later, when Twain discovered how much fun it was to say mean things about people in public. I'd be into that.

• Love 2

Alex Trebek is now and forever the condescending host of "Punk'd", while Ashton Kutcher is stuck as the confused host of "Jeopardy!".

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm going to switch Johnny Knoxville (Jackass) and Nev Schulman (Catfish). That way, people who adopt fake identities on the Internet will have to deal with a jackass braying at them. And Nev Schulman will get hit in the balls a lot.

Edited by Monty
  • Love 5
(edited)

Olivia de Havilland and her sister Joan Fontaine. I feel like Ryan Murphy would have fun with this kind of thing:

As they entered adolescence, the bullying escalated to hair-pulling, tearing clothes that were to become hand-me-downs and even outright fighting, with one incident causing a break in Joan's collarbone. Later, the abuse became less physical and more psychological. As editor of their high school newspaper, Olivia apparently published a fake will: "I bequeath to my sister the ability to win boys' hearts, which she does not have at present."

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 2

As a fellow Dave, I hereby give Sarah two Dave Points to make up for the one she lost.

Also? Anderson Cooper trading with Julie Chen, because The Mole is actually the perfect show for Chenbot's particular brand of snarky apathy. And then Anderson Cooper could tear shreds into bigots every week.

• Love 1

Got to Cut off the head of the beast, so I would wish that Chuck Lorre would never win an Emmy. If the Genie is a jerk and say that it is for actors only, I will pick Lena Dunham.

(edited)

I absolutely don't mean to read Kim, but the fact that it takes so long to explain the "Lost" pilot is pretty indicative of why I dropped the show early in season 2.  But again, that's a show problem, not a canon presentation problem.

Summer TV I'm Going to Drop: "Wayward Pines", I'm assuming. Season one surprisingly managed to hold it together, but I really doubt that there's any story left to tell. I'll give it a shot, but not for long.

Edited by Dave in Chicago

Gene Rayburn back from the dead for the new Match Game.

Alec Baldwin forced to smarm his way through Catfish.

Nev just gets sent back to the 70s where Gene Rayburn came from - a time with no Internet!  Enjoy, Nev.

• Love 1

As soon as I heard the description, I immediately said aloud, 'Tara picks Julie Bowen, obviously".

For my part, no more Emmys for Julianna Margulies, Alec Baldwin or (though I loved Frasier) Kelsey Grammer, please! Meanwhile, though she can't seem to lose, I'm somehow perfectly happy with more for Allison Janney, since she's currently keeping them away from the aforementioned Bowen.

• Love 1