Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

I always thought we deserved a "Gilmore Girls" spin-off where Paris decides that she needs more real-world life experience before committing to her career full-time/to bide her time until she's 35 and can run for president. So through some contrivance she decides to captain a cruise ship and see the world. She hires Michel and Sookie as staff, the rest is rotating guest stars and hijinks.

Spaaace.

I am incredibly obvious, but set in it in the Star Trek universe.  The crew of the U.S.S. Princess Di (a Starfleet diplomatic and recreation vessel) would include Michael Dorn as your frustrated with his crappy assignment Captain Worf, Robert Picado as your lothario Doctor, and Armin Shimerman as your bartender Quark.

Waterworld: The Series  Think  Hotel + The Love Boat + any Mad Max film you want to!

It's a generation or two after the events of Waterworld. There is a cruise ship which can be anchored, but is treated like a hotel. It's heavily armed, so pirates leave it and her customers alone.   Tina Majorino can reprise her role as Enola and be the Captain! Kim Coates can be the doctor. Lee Arenburg can be freed from his current show and be head of Security! Kevin Costner and Jeanne Tripplehorn can show up  in flashbacks that Enola has once in a while.  Jack Black is a traveling minstrel as well as a pilot!

Give it to Denitria Harris-Lawrence, who worked with Aaron Spelling, but was also a co-executive producer on Zoo ?

Love Boat Insanity -- LOVE IT.

I DEFINITELY want to see Joe's musical version -- it's like Sutton Foster in Anything Goes, FOREVER.

Also -- Sarah! I have always had a fascination with the Marie Celeste -- so that would be awesome as well.

I once had a guy tell me about how he was on a gay cruise -- I think the one that was refused docking somewhere in Central America -- and on that cruise (or another one, I might be mixing two stories of his up) the ship was struck with the norovirus. CAN YOU IMAGINE.

So -- RuPaul's Insanity Weight Loss Cruise! It's like a reality show meets variety show. Off-brand disco one-hit wonders play every week (until they can scrape together enough coin to convince Kylie Minogue or Cher to be helicoptered in.)

The Love Craft - Following the events of Serenity, Mal and the gang decide to go semilegit, converting their Firefly class craft into a pleasure vessel with onboard companion with only an occasional foray into smuggling. What the crew lack in people skills they make up for in colorfulness. Truly a one of a kind vacation.

Joss Whedon's return to TV show running "Venus Vacations". The goddess Aphrodite has taken a job on a singles cruise line, quick to boredom she is going to make things interesting.

Starring...

Morena Baccarin ... Lounge singer/Aphrodite

Nathan Fillion ... Captain

Gina Torres ... Shore Excursion Manager

Alan Tudyk .... Photographer

Adam Baldwin ... Massage therapists

Jewel Staite ... Cruise director

Sean Maher ... Ship's doctor

Summer Glau ... Dancer

Ron Glass ... Bartender

Zac Efron ... personal trainer

Christina Hendricks .... Magician

Mark Sheppard .... Yeoman Purser

I was cruising at the beginning of Game Time (unlike Sara - or Kim - Space is really my jam), but was losing it a bit toward the end. But I will definitely be tuning in to the conclusion tomorrow!

I have to say I'm finally spaced out. A all space game and all space round made me want to tap out and I'm just listening. I think mainly because it feels like we are hearing variations on the same plot over and over again. SPACE!

I think backseat driving moments were the hints needed for Simpsons and Lost. I get that it's easier when you are not actually in the game but those two cliffhangers are notorious.

PICKY is a cruel mistress (master?). I always know the ones other contestants miss and then it comes to me and I blank. I always think I'll be awesome at Game Time until I actually play Game Time and shit the bed. It is my eternal shame.

During the Battle of the Bulge in WWII, the Yanks were surrounded. The Germans sent a message saying that if they surrendered they would let them live. The Yanks sent a one-word reply. "Nuts!" In other words, "Go fug themselves."

On Jericho, the good guys were in the same situation. They sent the same message to the bad guys.

Jericho fans trying to save the show started sending the network nuts.

Tara, I was high fiving you when you talked about Downtown Abbey and noticing how many conversations you wish you could see but they never show but they cut away from. That is one thing that drove me crazy about this show. I actually went back to a conversation I had on line with a friend discussing the show back in 2012 when I finished watching S2 for the first time. I actually found my comments which were:

"the only thing that kind of disappointed me was three instances where I counted that you think you're going to see/hear a character drop a bombshell on another,but it didn't happen, you just see the aftermath. I was like, oooh this is going to be good,can't wait to see the look on so and so's face when they hear this. But then they'd cut away to some other storyline,then come back after this initial shock of the reveal. So I felt was robbed! Grrrr..."

I wish I could remember the instances I was referring to but it's been too long. I'm pretty sure one had to do with Mary and a talk with her father we never saw.

But thanks for mentioning that Tara.

I can't believe that you had Kim on the podcast and didn't have "The Most Awesome Thing I Watched on TV Last Week"<br />Also, this was the next to last season of Survivor that I watched. Mostly because I was in a pool. Parvati won me like $25.00.

Thanks Joe for submitting the best episode in the history of Survivor to the Canon. With so much Survivor hate out there, I was glad you all appreciated it. And you're right Sandra is the BEST!

(edited)

Twin Cheeks

So You Think you Can Fart

Farting with the Stars

Judge Pooty

Fartasy Island

And, for Sarah:

Benson Farts

Edited by jima
(edited)

The Flatch

Queef For a Day

Corner Gas

Double Dutch Oven: a Fear Factor-esque show; a couple or pair of friends are put into an enclosed space. The first to leave after both have farted, loses. Martin Short hosts.

Beef: an MTV show where rappers fart to mad beatz.

Loving Cliffhanger Game Time!

Edited by Actionmage

Series 28 of the "new" Doctor Who stars Daniel Kaluuya as the 20th incarnation of the Doctor, and in a controversial choice Charlotte Diana has been cast as the new companion. Some people feel that having an actual Princess on the beloved show is both weird and unbefitting her station. Show runner Malorie Blackman says that the new unnamed character "...is the embodiment of the modern British woman", and that Princess Charlotte is very down to Earth. The Doctor's robot dog K8 is returning with the voice patterns of Dame Emma Watson. The Dalek, Cybermen, and the long awaited return of the Nemuh are all expected this year. Fans hope that Princess Charlotte is paying a regenerated Rani, but Blackman is mum on the subject.

Blackman says of the concerning move of the show to BBC101 "This move wont effect anything for Doctor Who's final televised season, we will continue to tell stories of the human condition throughout space and time. I'll leave worrying about the transition to BBC-VR to my successor, that will be her problem.%u201D Blackman did say she hoped the ladies on Tumblr will be able handle the change, and be patient with the new boy fandom of recent years. %u201CJust because they don%u2019t know everything about Rose, Amy, or A-yeong doesn%u2019t make them fake geek boys.%u201D Fan favorite companion A-yeong actress Bo-young Kim hopes they find a way to fit her in the series final saying %u201CIt seems fitting that A-yeong would have the Doctor%u2019s back in his darkest hour, she never gets sick of saving him%u201D.

- Series 28 premiers 8 pm, March 26 with "Elegy".

Not sure why, but space shows seem to love their cliffhangers (which is why it had it's own category).

I was hoping Dave was going to cliffhanger the gametime cliffhanger. Glad to see that come to fruition  :-)

Also, part of me just wanted to use the cliffhanger music at the end of the episodes as clips due to how over the top / bombastic they were. 

Thanks for the heads-up on Sarah Shahi's new show. I like her a lot too. (I think mostly because her character was the only good thing about The L Word.)

Also, thanks to Sarah D. Bunting for keeping the "Who will fight me?" going. :)

From the SPACE! round of Game Time one of the clues was about a pod malfunctioning when they had to go to light speed or whatever and one person has to stay behind and all I kept thinking was that it was the NewsRadio in Space episode.

I loved that you announced the Canon submission before the episode was posted! I haven't watched Survivor in years (and haven't watched a full season since Season 3 or 4), but it's like reality-show comfort food. They've made some changes, but the basic layout and concept is the same. Not only did watching the canon submission episode make me want to start watching the show again, but I went as far as signing up for CBS All Access so I could watch last season, which my mom told me nearly every week of the season was the best yet and I had to watch it. 

Thanks to Kim for recommending Seth Meyers. I record all the late night talk shows and his has slowly inched its way up to become my favorite. The Weekend Update bits (let's admit the format thievery) are uniformly good at the top of the show, but he's also quite an adept interviewer -- no index cards!

He doesn't pretend to be even-handed in his jokes, however, and there's absolutely a liberal slant, so forewarned.

The last question on today's mini Game Time segment was incorrect I think. The West Wing ended with President Santos' inauguration. The John Goodman/President Walken cliffhanger was during the Zoe kidnapping crisis.

I should clarify- that was a cliffhanger from A season of TWW but wasn't where the show ended. It ended its run neatly telling you where everyone was (save for Sam Seaborn).

Penny Marshall doing a Teen Titans Saturday morning cartoon for the CW. She can stay as long as she wants, but Patty Shinagawa is in the wings! (Ms. Shinagawa has worked on The Simpsons, The Super Hero Squad Show and King of the Hill and many other shows.)

-OR-

Birds of Prey for either The CW or a basic cable channel? It'd start with  Academy Award-winner Kathryn Bigelow, then eventually segue into a rotation of Roxanne Dawson, Debbie Allen, Kasi Lemmons, Darnell Martin, and Holly Dale.