Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

As someone who accidentally watched the "Before the Law" episode of Fargo first (my DVR ate the pilot, and I didn't realize), I can attest to its status as a good point of entry into the world of Fargo. I had a whole lot of questions, and was surprised that I hadn't heard anything about what I thought to be the in medias res structure of the season, but I was totally intrigued by the tone and the characters and the woodchipper homage. (Once I realized my mistake - thanks to reading a recap of the first episode that was completely different from *my* first episode - I went back and watched the pilot and many of my questions were answered. Engaging with linear stories in linear order is generally a good idea.)

Thanks again to EHGAssist for helping me put that game together! Listening to that exceeded my expectations, as I was worried about getting too cutesy with the false answers. And if nothing else, now we've all been introduced to Foofur.

I watched all of "Persons Unknown" AND "Push, Nevada". Yup.

Thanks again to EHGAssist for helping me put that game together! Listening to that exceeded my expectations, as I was worried about getting too cutesy with the false answers. And if nothing else, now we've all been introduced to Foofur.

It's a surprisingly hard format to write. You did pretty well. :)

I knew one game time answer, because for some reason I carried an Inch High Private Eye lunchbox for my entire childhood. On the other side of it was Goober and the Ghost Chasers, a Scooby Doo knockoff by THE SAME STUDIO THAT PRODUCED SCOOBY DOO.

I knew it too, because most of the Hanna-Barbera characters turned up on Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law and the episode where the inch-high private dick turns out to have a giant cock is one of the more memorable ones.

I'm not proud.

I watched all of Persons Unknown too, even the episode in the middle of the run that they didn't bother to air on TV and just put online.

These days it's probably mostly remembered as a footnote in Chadwick Boseman's career.

Happy to help. It was fun to hear my questions on my favorite podcast. And it is definitely a hard format to write for. I think my round (the board games) was the easiest for the contestants. Also, I'd totally watch a Jenga game show.

Edited by April Bloodgate

Martha, Laz and Mary: Siblings who occasionally bump into Christ, sometimes after wacky misadventures- like death!   Staring Miyam Bialik as Martha, David Krumholtz as Lazarus, and Kat Dennings as Mary.   The show follows their daily lives- their friends, co-workers and their home, also Martha's boss' home.

Jenga really feels like the kind of square peg show someone would try to do.

I'm not saying it would be good, but I'd still watch for at least a few episodes. It has so much more tension built into it than most games. Plus, I'm sure they could incorporate some sort of trivia aspect into it to determine who does or doesn't have to pull a block each time.

S.I.C.N.- Society of Crayon Noodlers : They are a group who celebrates crayon drawings of all kinds and seek to amplify their artists. Their HQ has steel walls and art is not framed, but held by magnets. The three hosts travel around the globe waxing poetic about artist using their medium- professional, up-and-comers  and even "just" kids.   Mayim Bialik ( The Big Bang Theory), Kimberly Elise (Hit The Floor) and Daniel Dae Kim (Hawaii Five-0).  [N.C.I.S.]

The I.B.F.! - International Belt Force! : They are a group of fashionable law enforcers who have specialized belts, a la the Bat Utility belt. They fight international  fashion crime from the Hague and have a fashionable private jet take them where they are most needed. They fund their battle against fashion crime by draining 1 cent for every dollar made from companies who sell tacky tourist-wear.  Stephanie Zimbalist does the voice-over work. [The F. B. I. ( in Color)]

Edited by Actionmage

Jenga has been a challenge on a few reality shows (one version of The Mole definitely did it; I'm pretty sure Big Brother US tried a version where every removed block was marked with a food players won for the week), but I don't think it's ever been turned into a full game show.

Happy to help. It was fun to hear my questions on my favorite podcast. And it is definitely a hard format to write for. I think my round (the board games) was the easiest for the contestants. Also, I'd totally watch a Jenga game show.

I have to say that is the best user name ever! <3 LOVE.

Jenga has been a challenge on a few reality shows (one version of The Mole definitely did it; I'm pretty sure Big Brother US tried a version where every removed block was marked with a food players won for the week), but I don't think it's ever been turned into a full game show.

Ellen's done it on her show, too. So if you feel like you've seen it on TV, maybe you have!

Actionmage S.I.C.N.- Society of Crayon Noodlers : They are a group who celebrates crayon drawings of all kinds and seek to amplify their artists.

I hate to be pedantic* but that's just SCN (or SOCN, using the "of") - they'd need to be "Interesting" (or Invested, Interrogative, Incandescent.... whatever) Crayon Noodlers for that to work

* OK, that's a complete lie!

While I love all of Fargo's second season, I probably would have voted against this going into the Canon just because I think the Canon should represent the absolute best of a show, and I don't even think this was the strongest episode of this season. But I take the Canon way too seriously, so...YMMV.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson / Xzibit 2016. It would be time for homelessness to feel the The Rock Bottom, The People's Elbow will crush deadlock in Congress, and Education X Gon' Give It to Ya.

Surprised none of you have yet commented that Ken from the con is the same Ken who has his car blown up by Walter in the first season of Breaking Bad.

And the tequila from the con is the same tequila from Gus's mass poisoning.

Tiny GameTime sidebar -- I was happy to hear "Surface" "Invasion" and "Threshold" in Is This A Thing? because those three shows basically were the inspiration for the "which came first" similar-show game. I remember when they all premiered -- I think within days of each other -- and it was like, okay so EVERY network needs their version of this kind of show...? (I didn't end up using those shows in the other game because really, who would remember what order they came in... but they have always stuck in my mind.)

I actually had a couple of silly ideas and one real one:

Star Trek: Glad. After the Holodecks are put out of business for going catastrophically wrong one too many times, Starfleet decides to institute a new team of entertainers to keep up morale on the final frontier. Made up entirely of misfits and dropouts they (bizarrely) decide to perform works entirely from the late 20th/Early 21st Century.

Star Trek: Origins. Following the success of his brothers' first flight, their younger brother (Wesley Wright) takes off on a round the world trip. Taking a Mexican mechanic (Lou Diamond Philips) along to keep his plane in working order, they set off on a Round the World trip where they met a new community every week and resolve their problems, thus showing, what with air travel and the telegraph making communication easier between nations, there will never be another war on Earth (may not be 100% historically accurate). 

Star Trek: After the Fall. Chronologically set after every Trek Series, a plot has caused the Federation to collapse into civil war. Our plucky heroes on the USS Intrepid travel the Galaxy to uncover this Galactic Conspiracy and attempt to rebuild the Federation. Who can they trust in a galaxy where anyone could prove to be a villain? Will our crew, alone and without support, succeed against impossible odds? 

The thing is though, that Chief O'Brien was the one who ran the transporter. If he's strapped to you while you're plunging to your doom, there's someone else, someone less skilled and probably less cool under pressure, than O'Brien running the transport. So I would say keep O'Brien on the Enterprise to bail you out in case of emergency and skydive with Guinan, whose terrific hats are not at all aerodynamic and whose voluminous tops could temporary act as a parachute to slow you down enough for O'Brien to get a lock on your position.

Brandon, in conjunction with the school paper, goes to check out a newly opened office building that has had unusual deaths happened over a couple of weekends. Brandon is surprised to find out that the deceased were government employees.  As he gathers facts for the piece, he brays about how it has to be corporate espionage, but Mulder, overhearing the braying, puts forth the sentient AI theory. The braying annoys the AI.

Late Friday, Brandon gets a call to meet an executive at the building; he just found something troubling. Brandon thinks he's got a scoop. He is wrong.

Sorry! I just forgot to add in International, as per my original scribble. I then saw I used International for the I.B.F. and didn't want to double up, but hey, we had three TV shows about aliens invading the U.S. through water-borne means one year. ::shrugs::