Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

I'm just glad to hear this topic as a thing that is common knowledge. I feel like every so often, I tell someone I wanted to shoot the tv, Elvis-style, and they just look at me like I'm nuts. Not nuts! 

• Love 1

I'm going to go Doctor Bashir from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine for my MD, because future tech and he is a genetic engineered super genius on top of that.

If your going to sue than who would be better than Lilah Morgan from Angel? With the resources from Wolfram & Hart in this dimension alone would make them nearly unbeatable, but they are interdimensional with the power to literally move Heaven and Earth for me.

Aslan from The Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe (There was a TV movie) would be the best spiritual guide, and he could protect my soul from Wolfram & Hart.

• Love 1

I couldn't decide which of the ER Docs to fix me up: my odds are worse in that I'm not an adorable moppet/love interest so I wouldn't get Doug's attention. Hopefully I'd have some interesting injuries so I'd get "Rocket" Romano (before he lost his hand) - he wouldn't give a damn about me, but he'd care about showing off his skills in putting me back together (and I presume I'm unconscious for his attentions, so his abrasive personality wouldn't bother me). To sue the other driver - David Lee from The Good Wife. Again, he doesn't feed you any warm fuzzy feelings, he's just a ruthless operator, but he'd get me more $$$. But after all that ruthless pragmatism, I'd like somebody more soothing to counsel me back to health - so I'd go for Pastor Tim from The Americans. - a guy who was not only capable of counselling somebody through their parents' divorce but is courageous enough to face down an angry Philip Jennings when he'd broken into his house late at night (particularly given the complete monsters I'm surrounding myself with!)

Christina Yang/Grey's Anatomy for my doctor, Not only is she accomplished, she wouldn't indulge in happy chit chat which is a plus to me.

Michael Kusak/L.A. Law for my lawyer.  Cute, dedicated, usually wins.

Old Lady God from Joan of Arcadia as played by Kathryn Jooston for my spiritual advisor.  Is it cheating to go straight to the top?

MuuMuuChainsmoker images reminded me of something I'd been meaning to make for the last couple of years from EHG mark 1.

pZRgZLG.jpg

Tagline - This summer Michael Moore turns up the heat...in SPACE!

• Love 1

I went looking at lists of TV doctors, and realize I would take Dr. Mark Sloan, and don't care much whether it's Dick Van Dyke from from Diagnosis: Murder, or Eric Dane from Grey's Anatomy, but I kept scrolling and was reminded of Andre Braugher on Gideon's Crossing! I pick him. 

For the lawyer, Jessica Pearson from Suits. Badass.

Definitely Rev. Sidney Chambers from Grantchester for the spiritual help. For mostly non-spiritual reasons....

Edited by Jesse

I love how 99% of the posts in this thread are suggestions for Dave's roller-derby name. It's like there was nothing else in the entire 95-minute podcast!

1) Derby is awesome. 2) I haven't watched any of the new Kimmy Schmidt episodes, so I had to skip that part of the podcast. I'm sure I'll have plenty to say on that once I'm caught up. BTW, how many episode of the season do they cover?

Porthos, from Star Trek :Enterprise, needs to be taken away from Captain Archer. Half the time, the poor pooch is neglected because of captain-ing. (Then you have the documented proof of abuse in the  reboot movies, but that's a whole other thing.)

I would give Porthos to Ralph Dineen, of Scorpion. He's a genius kid. He would be devising excellent ways to play with Porthos. He could- as network-mate Sherlock Holmes did earlier this season- figure out a more efficient/nutritious food mix for Porthos. Plus, his mom, dad, and surrogate family seem to always be somewhere far away for chunks of Ralph's day/week. Having a more consistent companion should be helpful in keeping things smooth for Ralph. (IIRC, Ralph prefers familiarity, but that might have been Paige.)

I would take Stampy the Elephant away from Bart Simpson. I know he only had an elephant for most of one episode, but all the episodes kind of take place at the same time, so it's still kind of current.

Then I would give the elephant to Gob Bluth so he can have a big, glitzy Las Vegas show to compete with Siegfried and Roy, but with a psychotic elephant. And hilarity, I imagine, would ensue,

• Love 2

My Preferred: Doctor: Christina Chang (Sandra Oh, Gray's)-- Because Chang is results oriented. She'll see what's wrong and fix it. As her head nurse? Margaret Houlihan (Loretta Swit, M*A*S*H), because she was the best nurse you could find on the front lines. Equally tough-but-fair women whose goal was to make you as well as humanly possible.

Lawyer: Caroline Julian ( Patricia Belcher, Bones)--Cherie? You oughtn't have done that, but you're an adult and will be made to pay restitution like one. Because Caroline is the best. Second chair? Foggy Nelson ( Elden Henson, Daredevil).

Spiritual Guidance: Jonas Blane (Dennis Haysbert, The Unit)-- Jonas would get you back on your feet, physically. He'd understand the role of medication, but not allow you to think about abusing it. If you are lucky, he'd give you a number to call and so if you needed to talk, you could reach him. (What? He's got a very nice voice.)

That was my favorite game time of recent memory.  Terrific, and best of all, something where I knew most of the answers despite never having watched some of the shows that pop up over and over in Game Time. So good; nice work Rob Hartman!

• Love 2

About eight different times, I thought, "Okay, THAT's the best one, for sure," and then I'd be wrong like a minute later. The Wanking Dead, I mean...great stuff, RH, as always.

Great GoT discussion too, all. Joe, Real Housewives of Vaes Dothrak made me hit the emergency stop on the treadmill so I wouldn't fall off.

• Love 4

I submitted a Game Time a few years back called "One Letter Away" that was very similar to the one played in this episode. But I'm not complaining because Rob Hartman's version was waaaaaay funnier!

Officer: Mr. Graham, what happen to Mr. Verger face?

Will: He cut it off.

Officer: Ahhh... I can see the blood, but what happened to the flesh?

Will: He fed it to my dogs.

Officer: Okay then, they are all coming with us now.

Will looks off into the middle distance without affect.

Will: That's probably for the best.

17 hours ago, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

Me too!   Although (because?) that Lisa Kudrow question was dirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrty.  Like "the kind of stuff that only Prince would sing about" dirty. 

I really waffled about whether to include it (Tara, on re-listening I heard you say, "My dad listens to this show!" ... aieee. Sorry Mr. Tara's Dad.) Luckily Dave has the same no holds barred sense of humor that I do...

• Love 1
1 minute ago, raymond said:

I submitted a Game Time a few years back called "One Letter Away" that was very similar to the one played in this episode. But I'm not complaining because Rob Hartman's version was waaaaaay funnier!

God, I get that all the time! It's actually annoying when I'm building a new game (it usually takes me about a month between "Coming up with the idea" and "Filling out all the questions) and I hear the upcoming Game Time is similar. I console myself with the fact that by the time I've finished and it's made it to Broadcast that it'll probably be a couple of months later so people won't think it's just a straight copy

Ellie Kemper and Terry Crews should have a talk show for audiences under a hundredy, they would be super awesome together and would be up for anything. Terry can talk about all his kids, and Ellie can act like a lifelike muppet (one of the nice ones, not like Piggy).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, John Potts said:

God, I get that all the time! It's actually annoying when I'm building a new game (it usually takes me about a month between "Coming up with the idea" and "Filling out all the questions) and I hear the upcoming Game Time is similar. I console myself with the fact that by the time I've finished and it's made it to Broadcast that it'll probably be a couple of months later so people won't think it's just a straight copy

I had one just a couple months ago like that -- it might have been one of yours ;) I hadn't gotten that far into it -- and the one that was used was a better spin on it than I had thought of.

Yeah, I was considering doing a multi-round "Themes and Variations" quiz with a bunch of different takes on the TV Theme Quiz concept, and then both "deadpan spoken lyrics" and "themes in reverse" turned up within a few episodes of each other. Sigh.

"The Looooove Goat... soon will be eating another caaaan..."

• Love 2

Fictional folks: Paul F. Tompkins and Paget Brewster as Frank and Sadie Doyle hosting a morning show.

Real folks: Andy Roddick, the tennis player, and Jerry O'Connell, the actor.  Both guys seem cool and silly, which can be helpful in the AM. As someone to be a bit more serious- but still playful- add Tracee Ellis Ross.

-or-

Eva Longoria, Monique, and Ice-T. They would bring  such a 'what's gonna happen today?!' vibe that could be fun.

Tara: On Call The Midwife; she's a cousin of Chummy's  who is visiting and gets caught up in the swirl of Poplar.

Sarah: On Law & Order: SVU, as a snarky M.E.

Joe: On Teen Wolf as a physical therapist for Ms. McCall's patients. Quippy but encouraging and supportive. 

David: As a roller derby foe of Bob's on Bob's Burgers! You can sing a song over the end credits!

• Love 1
17 hours ago, John Potts said:

Sorry I wasn't clear. In my case, I submitted the game a few years ago, and Dave said "I'm going to save this game for a special occasion," and as far as I know, he's still saving it. So my game hasn't aired, so it's not like Rob Hartman stole my idea. We both came up with the idea independently. He just did a better job.

Sure, I didn't want it to sound like I was complaining. Nobody's poaching my ideas (unless Dave is leaking what I send in to other people... for some reason) - there's only so many TV related game that you can come up with so duplication is inevitable. But I'm still not saying what my next Game is!

Also, nice to know that the lag between submitting a Game to its appearing on EHG (around 2 months or so) is considerably shorter than the lag between making a Canon submission (about 2 years, apparently!)

Edited by John Potts

Ron Howard was in VILLAGE OF THE GIANTS (you can find the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version on YouTube) which is a trippy, trippy delight. Ron Howard plays a kid called "Genius" who invents some kind of goo that makes everything huge. Local "crazy wild teens" get hold of it, and before you know it, you have a giant shirtless Beau Bridges and some Sharon Tate lookalikes ruling the town. It's campy and funny but also sort of disturbing...

I would be up for seeing Nick's "Hanging with the Batz" take on vampires... just no more angsty-romance vamps.

Succubus fans rejoice: the show "Lost Girl" (aired in the US on SyFy, currently streaming on Netflix) centers on one of those. And yes, it is largely an excuse to have lots of sexual content -- though it's network-level, so really just lots of shirtless making out. But the show hauls out a lot of myths and creatures (werewolves! sirens! furies! Baba Yaga!) under the broad heading of "fae", so it's fun if that's your interest.

• Love 1

It had more of a cult following, but the lead character in Lost Girl (which just ended actually, so there's some space to fill) was a succubus, and that resulted in a lot of the sexxay.

ETA: Ah, @jael beat me by two minutes! haha

Edited by Kristen
typo
  • Love 1