Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

I liked that the three rejections came from different places that helped clarify the Nonac. I suggest that you disallow submissions from a show that is still airing episodes since I think it would be too hard to make that decision.

I liked that the three rejections came from different places that helped clarify the Nonac. I suggest that you disallow submissions from a show that is still airing episodes since I think it would be too hard to make that decision.

I disagree, and not just because I have a GREAT suggestion from a show that's still on the air. If something gets chosen and then a worse episode comes along, there can be a Nonac Fight. Everybody wins!

Special Note Of Woe: All our podcasting gear will be sitting in a shipping container for two weeks longer than expected, so no main episodes until (guessing) December 9th. Bear with us!

I am guessing the podcasting gear isn't ALL that's stuck in a shipping container, so my sympathies, guys!

And big thumbs up on Liv's reviews, BTW. I'm going to start getting my nieces and nephews into some of the shows she's covering!

"Chicken and Rice! It tastes nice! You say 'Chicken', I say 'Rice'...."  One of Liv's highlights. 

Dead air always makes me grin, having worked for my campus radio station in college. For radio pros, I imagine some kind of scrambling with "Yakkity Sax" going on in the background, but with Liv, I just had a picture of her with her head tilted a teeny bit and thinking over her options. just forgetting for a moment ya'll were rolling.

Llistening to her reports is fun and my husband has started to tell me when he notices a new Mini with her. He is not easily won over, but I'm pretty sure he's a fan.

That time Gordon Lightfoot Cole had a vote and we found out that  purse dogs are, apparently, the worst.

Drama Dog: Sam, the titular TV German Shepherd who was a canine cop to 1977-era Mark Harmon.  He was a good boy. Discuss who I really mean amongst yourselves.

Canine Cut-up: Jim, from Mike & Molly. Suzie Q, a Brussels Griffon/Chihuahua mix has made me laugh more consistently than the people. Not that "Jim" can't bring the sweet. The end of the first Thanksgiving episode, "Molly Gets A Hat", is mostly Jim-centric.

Best Names: Stinky and Nunzio, Dharma's dogs, from Dharma and Greg. Runner-up: Diefenbaker, Due South's partially deaf, lipreading, crime-solving part wolf.

Dog Most in Need of Rescuing: Porthos, Star Trek: Enterprise. Someone needed to not let Archer take that sweet beagle pup off-world. And double dumbass on JJ Abrams for having Scotty teleport that poor baby to gods-knows-where in the reboot movie!

Worst Dog (live-action): Cinnamon, Raj's Yorkie, The Big Bang Theory.

Worst Dog (animated): Scrappy-Doo.

The One with Testicles.

My vote for IRTC is The Amazing Race's first 'Drive a Standard Automobile' Challenge.  You can see who is there to really chase the prize and who's not a planner.

I think there is a sub-challenge to this, with 'Know Which Automobile Can Use Diesel Fuel.' I thought that Season Six, with Adam/Rebecca was when lots of folks lost time due to this.

What characters would you swap?

A)Laurel Lance, Arrow <--> Nurse Jackson, Red Band Society

Nurse Jackson, while apparently not helping much on FOX, could take up the medical slack in the Arrow Cave and be snark-tastic to Oliver and whomever else. Laurel Lance could go and fight for the crazy reasons things are done at the hospital on RBS. (Yes, RBS is cancelled, but I thought this up before the notice. Plus? Octavia Spenser being awesome is something every show should strive to bring about.)

B) Regina Mills, Once Upon A Time <--> Katrina Crane, Sleepy Hollow

Regina facing someone worse than she is and with more axes to grind would be refreshing. The former mayor of Storybrooke facing off against an equally self-righteous Henry Parrish would be delicious. I would hope that the witch exchange would allow Regina one of her fabulous dresses from The Enchanted Forest. Another plus would be seeing just how powerful Regina is. The original curse she enacted was written by someone else, so seeing Regina let loose could be popcorn worthy.

Katrina, on the other hand, could get herself not only better acclimated to "now" in Storybrooke, but she might be willing to help Emma learn how to use her magical power. I also think that Emma would give Katrina some advice about her Henry, through the lens of her foster situation. Emma, though, would also point out that falling under the sway of a demon is something she doesn't exactly have experience in.

As one of, like, five people that actually saw every episode of Moonlight, I just want to confirm that Alex O'Laughlin did play a vampire in that show. I get the confusion, though, 'cause that title's juuuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit misleading.

And am I the only one who thinks that they should add "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!" to the soundboard?

I had heard of "Playing House" but Tara's description of the show (of how everyone is a decent person and whatnot) and this Canon REALLY made me want to watch it so I'm going to seek it out. So thanks for that, guys!

For some reason, I thought the PTDP was "thrown into a volcano" but I'm probably wrong. I even listened to both episodes back to back and I still couldn't really figure it out.

So, Dave, I introduced the many names of Cumberbatch to one my adults kids a few days before Christmas (I piqued her curiosity by casually referring to BC as Eggybread Wonderlatch), and she insisted that we replay the mini--in its glorious entirety--each time a new loved one arrived at the house. It killed every. single. time. Several days later, one of my sons-in-law called me from a New Year's Eve party asking me how to access it, so clearly it's a gift that keeps on giving. Your genius lives on, good sir.

BTW I like to go here because there's a written list as well as a link to the audio: http://www.tumblr.com/search/extra+hot+great.

This was a great Extra Hot Great to come back with! I, too, will now be moved to check out Playing House; I really liked Best Friends Forever, so I don't know what the hold-up has been.

Um, phrase that doesn't pay : Is that a word?