Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

"Keep Your Eyes Peeled" is my guess for the PTDP.

And that Game Time was a fun GT, so I'm totally cool with it being an HOUR long. I am so very, very bad at guessing things, though. I would have gotten so few points.

Is the phrase "or we'll be here all day" (said twice!) or was it just that the phrase jumped out at me because I knew how long the episode was going to last?

Edited by Monty

I was able to guess just about all the songs (I have the advantage of being about 5 yrs older than the competitors), but I have never heard of the Littlest Hobo.  But I didn't have Elizabeth II Regina on my money when I was growing up, so . . . .

• Love 2

I haven't seen The Fall yet, but it's sad if Gillian Anderson has trouble with the accent, seeing as how she lived in London until she was like 11 or 12 and moved back there years ago. Yikes.

Excellent game time--I flashed back to my childhood, in which I watched a lot of these shows in black and white on a tiny tv.

Guys this was my favorite since you've come back! Awesome GT that my kid totally got involved in. Cheering when I got a one second before you guys, dancing to the themes, saying "I guess Tara is the one who says most of the bad words". Telling me "Mom you know I have NO IDEA what any of these shows are right?" It was awesome and she loved the muppet pick Adam!

This was one of the reasons I love EHG, since you guys are roughly my age it makes it fun when we share that nostalgia. Dave that Hulk music used to make me cry and my brothers would always make fun of me. As a kid with anger issues I just wanted to hang out with Hulk and talk smack about people who pissed us off.

• Love 1

My idea is a show where Bruce Banner and Tony Stark teach kids/tweens about science they're playing the characters from the Marvel movies, but they never suit up or Hulk out... it's just them doing science... like Mister Wizard or for you youngsters, Bill Nye the Science Guy or Beakman's World... I even have a theme I sing. It's to the tune of the Let's All Go to the Lobby from ye olde movie theaters... it also isn't complete. Basically all I've got is "Bruce and Tony do science! Bruce and Tony do science! Bruce and Tony do science la la la la la laaaaa" 

• Love 3

Two great(?) 70's theme show tastes that taste great(?) together: Did you know that there are words to the Hawaii Five-O theme? And that Sammy Davis, Jr. sings them? No? Then you're in for a treat! (For certain values of "treat.") You can count on me!

• Love 3

Aaaand the perfect-for-valued-guest-Trip Game Time topic is now over and done with, sigh. I was singing along to just about every one of them, and I was SCREAMING at the tiebreaker.

• Love 5

I think one person I was happily surprised by was Jamie Foxx. I watched In Living Color and if you told then- me that 'Wanda' would win an Oscar for playing Ray Charles? I'd not have fully believed you.  

As for someone I think needs a bit more attention, I'm thinking Rashida Jones. She seems great in stuff she's in; she just needs something with a bit more oomph, maybe?

Did not mind the Sad, Hulk piano music- just saying.

In the vein of the Joan Rivers suggestion, maybe Phyllis Diller? It'd be insane costumes and equally insane wigs, with 1000x more cigarette holders. Plus, the lady might get a kick at whatever whateverness they throw in. On the upside, we might get some of her more classic bits.

The subject should be loved but also able to not worry about Lifetime's potential output. Maybe a Lauren Bacall or  Maya Angelou? Joe Cocker?

I am also down with a Ray Coombs and a Richard Dawson biopic. Maybe a BTS with MatchGame?

I'm not sure how to use them, but Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy delighted me. The rest of whatever the movie was? Eh. The ladies got my attention.

Maybe they are sisters and reporters at the same news outlet? Then there can be a range of not only fun, silly things they get assigned, but potentially a two or three episode investigative reports.

That's it! They are sisters and rival investigative reporter for a local news station/affiliate. There are minor, fluffy bits between big investigations, but there is enough range to go from physical comedy to serious drama. Make it an hour. Mix episodic with overarching investigations. Have the ladies be supportive but competitive.  Call it The Eyes of Texas ( cuz they are upon you, also their segment's name) and base it in Austin.  It's a flexible tune, so there are various ways to use it as a quick show theme, but a very militant version for their segment could be used.

By the way, I'd watch Lisin's Banner/Stark STEM show.  The Marvelverse has tons of science nerds that could drop by.

"Bruce and Tony do science/ what's in the lab today?" (?)

• Love 2

My husband and I are working at home today and chair-dancing/singing/playing along like a couple of huge goobers. EXCELLENT game time.

Also, I squealed out loud on the bus last night when Glark brought up Night Moves. It was the worst part of babysitting late nights, when regular programming ended and Night Moves came on.

• Love 1