Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

Catching up on my podcasts today and I have to say I am SHOCKED that nobody told Dave that "School of Thrones" is already a thing. (Maybe they tweeted it at him instead of putting it on the comments.) Live-action webseries and not cartoon but still:

• Love 1

Sleepy Hollow: Witnesses United : You can play either Leftenant Abby Mills or Ichabod Crane, spy for President Washington. Like World of Warcraft, it's free-form enough that you don't necessarily have to strictly follow the "plot", but ideally you go from problem/ sign-of-the-apocalypse quest to another. You can explore your setting, meet interesting folks, like the Revolutionary re-enactors and museum docents. This iteration of the game will eventually lead you to The Sin-Eater and the revelations that flow from there.

DLC packet, inspired by an episode from a couple of weeks ago, will have karaoke ranging from Tina Turner to Gnarls Barkley to sea shanties. (Ocarinas not included.)

All respect to the submitter, but that "Fringe" episode sounded absolutely impenetrable. Although to be fair, I was also thrown by that "Star Trek invents non-verbal communication" episode y'all loved. Either I'm subconsciously an anti sci-fi snob, or that genre suffers most when discussed out of context.

TPTDP -- Applebee's?

There is one group of single guys who potentially watches The Bachelor/ Bachelorette... friends of the contestants! My sister has a funny story from when she lived in DC and was sharing a house with another girl and two guys, and came home one evening to find both guys watching that show. After some confusion on her part ("you're watching this?"), it turned out one of them had a college friend on there. I believe their viewing came to a screeching halt when said friend was eliminated.

• Love 1

Any mention of Miami Vice makes me think of one of the cheesiest lines of dialogue ever uttered on TV, by Tubbs when he was calling some chick he wanted to hook up with and left a message for her with his name. Then he said, "That stands for Tough, Unique, Bad, Bold, and Sassy."

I am an Australian and I love the love you all have for John Noble. You know he's an Aussie, right?

You should check out an outstanding Australian TV series from 2014 called Devil's Playground (an update/remake of the 1974 film The Devil's Playground, directed by Fred Schepisi), in which Noble plays a Catholic bishop covering up child abuse in the Church in the late 1980s in Sydney.

Match Game revival:

Gene Rayburn--> Sarah Haskins

Brett Somers-->Grace Helbig

Charles Nelson Reilly-->Josh Blue

Richard Dawson-->Yvette Nicole Brown

First week's other Celebs-->Rod Man, Nikki Carr, and Gabriel Iglesias

Barney Miller:

Capt. Barney Miller-->Zachary Quinto

Det. Sgt. Chano Amenguale--> Kevin Alejandro

Det. Sgt. Arthur Dietrich-->Michael Teh

Det. Phil Fish--> C.S. Lee

Det. Nick Yamana--> Tamlin Tomita

Det. Ron Harris--> Octavia Spenser, Ron Glass, or Michael Ealy

Det. Stan "Wojo" Wojciehowicz--> Jacob Pitts

Officer Stan Levitt-->Clark Duke

Lt. Scanlon-->Aldis Hodge

Inspector Frank Luger-->Gregory Itzen

Best related sisters (fictional): Lt. Abbie Mills and Jenny Mills, of Sleepy Hollow.   They are BAMFs that are taking on the beginning of the End Times, but they are still close and worry about the other. Family is what keeps them strong.

Best related sisters (real): Elle and Dakota Fanning. They were both go-to cute, vulnerable blonde girls on plenty of TV, but have made good steps in their movie careers, too. Plus, they seem normal and stay out of the tabloids. (Right?)

Worst related sisters (fictional): Regina and Zelena, a.k.a. The Evil Queen and The Wicked Witch of the West (Once Upon a Time). Total sociopathic narcissists the pair, so they tried to injure or kill, respectively, the other for the back half of Season 3. Zelena edged Regina in the evil department, though,t by trying to use Snow White's just-born infant as a spell component in order to kill Regina.

Fukui San

REGULAR WARM GOOD: The true tale of how two young fish-out-of-water Canadian power couple Tara and Dave move to the big city and get together with saucy roommate Sarah, and wacky neighbor Joe as they start to build their media empire.

David T. Cole

That show is boring.

What if it was written and produced by Lennon Parnham and Jessica St.Clair, directed by Jamie Babbit ("Bird Bones", Playing House), Fred Savage (stuff), and Rebecca Asher (Raising Hope and black-ish)?

The Doctor.  I get that The Doctor has been played by gents for 50 years.  Still, I think that a female Doctor could be fun and an interesting regeneration. 

I am trying to think of current series female characters who could be fun if a guy played the part. But either a) the characters I think of are from old/defunct shows, there is already that kind of a character already, so less interesting to me. 

Like instead of Wonder Woman, if Hippolyta was granted permission to raise a son and steep him in the Amazon ideas and ethos, then go into Man's World to be their ambassador, Prince Dion, The Greek(?).  That could be cool, but the show is long dormant and studios supposedly find it too hard to write the character who has 70-odd years of history.

Or Charlie's Angels, but Charlie's a woman and the Angels are guys, but  there are/ has been tons of guy private eye shows.

Okay; Felicity (Arrow). It could be cool because it would be a gay, front-and-center relationship on a superhero show.  It's pretty much a sausage-fest in the Arrow cave as is, so dropping a female for a male isn't interesting for me for this show at this time. (If Felicity had been Phil and everything happened as it did with Felicity? I'd be a big fan of the couple.)

I can bite my tongue no longer. GENE BELCHER IS AWESOME. Stop with the hate, Dave. Without Gene, we would never have had Die Hard the musical. Or his magical friendship with the talking toilet, voiced by Jon Hamm. Louise and Tina are amazing but Gene has his place too - and it's not as the Pierce of Bob's Burgers. He is delightful. I am not a crackpot.

• Love 1

Monty I love you so much. The Sizzlers! One of my favorite sketches. 

Keira you are NOT a crackpot. I could have written your post. ;)

I immediately started singing this song as soon as I saw the episode title: 

And that made me think of Jamie & Lisa on Mad About You. They were good tv sisters and though I never had a sister their sibling relationship rang true to me. 

• Love 3

TOOMS. Also I guess the perception-altering literal ass bandit? But that's a post-Duchovny episode so I can understand why it wasn't picked. Still, at least nobody mentioned the episode where Ben from Lost killed Bud Bundy in the Brady Bunch house. Worst game of Clue ever.

• Love 1